Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2022, 13:48   #676
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
This is the range it was showing today morning.

Attachment 2392263

AC Off, Eco mode. Close to 484 kms range in full charge.
128wh/km over 400+kms is pretty neat - is this all in Bangalore city traffic? What mode and regen level do you drive on?

For me the DTE is all over the place, maybe it's because it's still new and doesn't have enough data to calculate correctly.
Old 20th December 2022, 14:27   #677
BHPian

Using AC has little impact on range for EV. Rapid acceleration uses up the battery. Therefore, if one wants to increase their range, they should always drive slowly and below 100 kph.
Old 20th December 2022, 14:31   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post

7. Seems to be working perfectly fine for my S20 FE. I think it depends on the size of the phone as well.
8. Wireless would have been better. Planning to buy a converter soon.

Even I faced the Wireless charger issue on initial couple of days, it is 100% dependent on the size of phone, since smaller phones keep moving around. I calculated the exact centre of the charging pad, then drew up my phone dimension 1:1 over the charger dimension on a piece of paper, found out the centre point, padded both bottom portion (10mm) as well as the finger groove on top (20mm) with hard foam cut pieces for my iPhone XR, and hit the sweet spot exactly. Since then, my phone charges flawlessly except the occasional cases where the charger itself doesnt start, you can find that out if the wireless charger fan does not start (its audible).

Wireless Apple Carplay/Android auto, I got a dongle from Carlinkit website (after a review from @Prateekchanana on his ownership review thread), it works 9 out of 10 times without an issue, that 1 time I need to switch off the ignition and restart after a few seconds.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 20:20   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4 View Post
Using AC has little impact on range for EV. Rapid acceleration uses up the battery. Therefore, if one wants to increase their range, they should always drive slowly and below 100 kph.
For reference, from my initial observation - Auto AC approximately eats up 3-5% in my charge cycle depending on outside temperature and heater use.
Old 21st December 2022, 22:55   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
128wh/km over 400+kms is pretty neat - is this all in Bangalore city traffic? What mode and regen level do you drive on?

For me the DTE is all over the place, maybe it's because it's still new and doesn't have enough data to calculate correctly.
Some highway driving and otherwise mostly Bangalore city traffic. I prefer to use Regen 3 always. I use Sports mode in city. In Highways a mix of Economy and Sports mode. Probably for high speed driving Sports mode is better for battery consumption. For low speed, I think Eco mode would be better.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 19:30   #681
BHPian

Nexon ev max owners - what mats are you all using? Dealer sold me 3D mats but they don't fit, it's mostly for prime and then when I tried returning and upgrading to 7D mats at dealer they were not able to fit them at 2nd row. I am now getting a refund and without mats
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:55   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Nexon ev max owners - what mats are you all using? Dealer sold me 3D mats but they don't fit, it's mostly for prime and then when I tried returning and upgrading to 7D mats at dealer they were not able to fit them at 2nd row. I am now getting a refund and without mats
The 7D mats which are made for max fit perfectly fine. They have max mentioned on them. Have shared pictures of the same here. You can have a look for reference.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5390448 (Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max)
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 09:34   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
The 7D mats which are made for max fit perfectly fine. They have max mentioned on them. Have shared pictures of the same here. You can have a look for reference.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5390448 (Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max)
Thanks Prateek - I used your pics as reference and showed them to the accessory team at the dealer as well but they were just not interested to spend time and get a good fit at the second row, they just dumped the mat at second row and kept pressing and banging without aligning any of the cuts, they even pulled out a blade to cut the mat and make it fit! I was left with no option but to drop the 7D mats and get a refund for the prime 3D mats that they kept insisting fit perfectly in my max!

Have ordered the GFX 3D mats from carhatke, they mention its a custom fit for max and hopefully they fit. Will keep you all posted.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 10:56   #684
BHPian

Hi, is there a PDI checklist for an EV?

I will be going for a PDI soon and was wondering if one should look for anything specific in case of an EV
AkshatR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 08:17   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Have ordered the GFX 3D mats from carhatke, they mention it’s a custom fit for max and hopefully they fit. Will keep you all posted.
Good to know finally aftermarket mats are available for max. At the time I got the car neither company nor aftermarket vendors had for max. I used a set of universal ones I had for more than a month. But my dealer never tried to push the normal nexon ev mats to me even once and was honest about it from day one that they won’t give a proper fit. I always wanted to get the 3D ones but having no options made me switch to 7D.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 15:17   #686
Senior - BHPian

Evo India drove the Nexon EV Max to Umling La, the highest motorable pass in the world.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221224_151503.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221224_151508.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221224_151511.jpg

Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 20:17   #687
BHPian

A Happy and Sad and Angry moment:

Got my Nexon EV Max 7.2 KW White delivered on Christmas Sunday.

The overall experience was good at Zedex Tata Gurgaon. The sales advisor was keeping me informed about car availability from the time of booking and was always reachable. The entire process of payments, PDI and paperwork went smoothly with not even a slight objection/reluctance for a PDI.

There were some discounts offered for December delivery: discount on Insurance and Free Extended warranty. They originally offered insurance at 75K, which when negotiated was reduced to 48K with all ad-ons. There was an additional discount provided of 10K on this and then the Free extended warranty worth 33K. I finally negotiated an 8K discount before final payment. In the end I feel I got a good reduction in price and insurance amount.

The delivery was smooth with no major hiccups. It was a Sunday and they had 25 deliveries scheduled for that day which resulted in a couple of hours of wait before we got the keys.

During the demo of the vehicle, an Error message pooped on the screen "Auxiliary Battery Malfunction", which soured the mood a little, but we were told it was due to battery getting discharged due the car sitting idle in the yard for last few weeks and will resolve itself as we drive. They promised to get it checked at the service center in the next day or two. We took the delivery with a written note from them capturing the issue. The error did not reoccur after that, so maybe that was true. Few pics from delivery day (it got dark by the time of delivery, so images are not very clear):

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20221226-5.26.44-pm.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20221226-5.26.43-pm.jpeg

The sad (and angry) part:
While driving the car on Monday we noticed that the Heater was not working so we decided to take the car to service center to get it looked at and also ask them to look at the battery error message to be sure that it is resolved.

Took my car to Zedex Tata workshop today which once again highlighted the QC issues of Tata Motors.

I was attended to quickly and upon knowing that it was a new car, they immediately started to work on it. Upon inspection it was found that the car does not have the AC gas in it which is resulting in AC and heater not working, which is weird (or maybe outside my understanding) because the heater is supposed to be working through a heating coil and not through the radiator heat. So they filled up gas and found out that the pressure was reducing which meant there was a leak somewhere in the line. The leak was then diagnosed to the Condenser unit which meant replacement of the condenser.

To replace the condenser, the front bumper had to be taken out along with some smaller parts behind it. It was really disheartening to see a new car being taken apart like that. I was feeling both Sad and angry.

When the condenser was taken out, left side pipe was visibly bent which was resulting in leak. There were no signs of a dent or anything on the condenser and it was clear that this was a manufacturing defect wherein a bent pipe was welded during the condenser manufacturing. This raises questions on the QC of Tata Motors. A person on the manufacturing line who is installing hundreds of these in a day did not flag the bent piece as it is visible in plain sight. Below is a photo of the condenser and the car with front taken apart. If you look closely at the second clamp/fixture from right on top part of the condenser it is at an angle. The whole pipe was bent at this point.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20221227-8.04.46-pm.jpeg

They did not had the part in stock. Upon checking with Delhi-NCR workshops, none of them had it in stock. The part has to be shipped from the plant which usually takes 6-8 days. But the Service Manager was really helpful throughout the entire process and he got the part shipped on priority and should reach the workshop by end of day tomorrow. I had to leave the car at the workshop as i did not want them to reassemble the car today and then again take it apart 2 days later.

I am running high on emotions right now and the new car happiness has dampened a bit. I believe this is a result of failed QC process at component manufacturer, then at Tata Motors and also the dealer for not catching this during PDI. I believe we are also to share the blame a little of not checking the AC during the PDI, but in all fairness the current weather of Delhi send shudders down the spine if you even think about AC.

I am hopeful that Zedex Tata is able to replace this without any hiccups and visible damage.
Route66 is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:07   #688

We bought home a headache worth 19 lakhs!

Took delivery of our Nexon EV Max XZ+ 3.3 kW on December 1st from Adishakti Cars, Shivamogga.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-delivery.jpeg

Initial impressions were good. But then started the problems.

1) A/C Issue
On the second day of driving, I noticed that the car has issues with the A/C unit. Irrespective of the temperature I set, it would just keep blowing air at the least temperature setting. Also the heater would not turn on upon setting the temperature to highest setting, similar to what Route66 is facing. Out of 1 month of ownership, the car has already spent 7 days in the service center. Since the EV team at the dealership is very new, they have still not been able to diagnose the issue. They are swapping each parts with a demo car to figure out the problematic area. But seeing all the parts of a brand new car being removed hurts . Upon that, we don't know how many more days will this take to get resolved. Only positive aspect here is that the service team has been very helpful in the process.

2) Charging box defect
The Legrand charging box provided with the car is defective. There is a hole mismatch which prevents the final cover to be installed.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-hole-mismatch.jpeg

The Tata power person who had come for installation from Bengaluru (since there are no Tata power personal based in Shivamogga) asked me to get in touch with the sales team to get a replacement box and promised to install it in the next visit. At first, I escalated the issue to the sales team at the dealership. I waited for 10 days and after getting no response, escalated the issue to Tata motors. As soon as I did this, the dealership felt the heat and they started responding. Initially Tata motors did well with the escalations and just in couple of days, the dealership gave me a temporary box of a Tigor EV which is due for delivery in January 2023. Tata motors then escalated it to Legrand and then washed its hands off. The Legrand person is of the opinion that since the box are machined to precision, there are no chances of such misalignment and he is instructing the Tata power person to somehow fix the existing defective box . Since then I am receiving no response from Legrand too. There is radio silence from everyone. Writing follow up mails has become a daily task, but only to receive no response. Again I am forced to go back to the dealership as the Tigor EV box that they have provided is of a different model than that provided for the Max. Only positive side is that I am not going to return the Tigor box until they give me a new one for Nexon. They will be under pressure to get one as the box that I have is to be handed over to the Tigor EV customer during delivery. Currently, the charging box stands half installed with all the wires exposed and open to theft of electricity.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-box.jpeg

Keeping aside these issues, the car is good overall. Have driven around 2200 km till now within a month, majority on the highway. If not for the time spent in the service center, it would have been more We are constantly getting around 300 to 310 km of range when driven upto 80 kmph. Upon driving at 90 kmph we got around 280km and it reduced to 270km when driven at 100 kmph, of course without A/C. Unable to test the range with A/C due to the defect. Impressive thing was that it gave us around 313km of range when we drove to and fro via the Agumbe ghat (One of the steepest and narrowest ghats in Karnataka) with 5 people on board. In the city, I am getting range upto 330 to 340 km. But the service we are receiving after paying 19 lakhs, is shadowing all the good things. Due to the issues with the A/C, I am forced to drive with windows down on the highway. Seeing all this, I am feeling like we have bought home a "headache". It was our dream to own an EV since a decade. Lack of practical options made us wait till now. When everything was set and it was finally time for one, Tata has successfully turned our dream into a nightmare !
sachinshastry is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:33   #689

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinshastry View Post
We bought home a headache worth 19 lakhs!

Took delivery of our Nexon EV Max XZ+ 3.3 kW on December 1st from Adishakti Cars, Shivamogga.....
Update : Just after writing the above post, received a call from the service center that Tata has escalated this to the A/C unit vendor and they have agreed to replace the entire air conditioning unit worth Rs 54,000 under warranty. This has finally brought some relief after nearly a month of "headache".

This is another lesson to me not to neglect the heater during PDI checks. During the PDI, I just checked if the A/C is cooling and ignored the heater, as we rarely use it. This caused me to go through all this. Else I could have rejected this particular car then and there itself. But Tata needs to really work on its QC aspect.
sachinshastry is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 12:03   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Prateek - I used your pics as reference and showed them to the accessory team at the dealer as well but they were just not interested to spend time and get a good fit at the second row, they just dumped the mat at second row and kept pressing and banging without aligning any of the cuts, they even pulled out a blade to cut the mat and make it fit! I was left with no option but to drop the 7D mats and get a refund for the prime 3D mats that they kept insisting fit perfectly in my max!

Have ordered the GFX 3D mats from carhatke, they mention its a custom fit for max and hopefully they fit. Will keep you all posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Good to know finally aftermarket mats are available for max. At the time I got the car neither company nor aftermarket vendors had for max. I used a set of universal ones I had for more than a month. But my dealer never tried to push the normal nexon ev mats to me even once and was honest about it from day one that they won’t give a proper fit. I always wanted to get the 3D ones but having no options made me switch to 7D.
Got my GFX mats delivered today and they are a pretty good fit, except for a small pinch deformity which I suspect is from shipping and as such not an issue.These mats are good and I would definitely recommend them, below are the pics for folks looking to pick a 3D mat for max.

I got these mats for ~Rs 3500 from carhatke, I am sure these could be had for about Rs 3000-3200 if you can find them in local accessory shops.

One negative on Tata end - the black floor mat/carpet for max is very loose and does not stick to floor flush, haven't seen this in any of the cars that I have owned or driven.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105517.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105522.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105525.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105628.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105728.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105740.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105842.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105951.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_105940.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_110752.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_110057.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_110244.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_110315.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_110323.jpg  

Last edited by Sandegov : 29th December 2022 at 12:12.
Sandegov is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks