Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2022, 16:12   #586
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

@speedmiester
Does the display have a option to show watt/km instead of the km/kwh.
Old 17th October 2022, 16:53   #587

Re: My First EV: Nexon EV 2.0 Aka Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
This is what I could do on a drive from Hyderabad to Bangalore. Less than 9Hrs driving time with 1hr of fast charging in between. This is similar to any ICE car.

Have a look at the available fast charging network on Plugshare.com. At least the southern part of India is well covered with good reliable fast charging network. This will be replicated across the Country soon.
Sharing a screenshot of the same.
Thanks for the share your experience. Kindly help us with list of chargers you had used for your trip between Hyderabad to Bengaluru. I'm planning to drive Nexon EV Max in November/December 2022.
Old 17th October 2022, 17:54   #588
BANNED

I think some people are adamant that they will only buy an EV when the range becomes 1000 km on a single charge. You guys please don't buy till then. Please stop spamming all EV threads with your non sense. Fed up of seeing the same guys repeatedly posting same thing. I have driven more than 200,000 kms in my 20 years of owning cars. The maximum I have driven in a single day is close to 500 kms that too only a handful of times.

I represent 95% of the consumers who drive cars. My daily commute is 70 kms now. For me even a Tigor EV medium range is more than enough. I'm not buying an EV right now because my current car is just 7 years old and buying a car just to save on fuel is not a wise financial decision. But for those who are looking for a new car or having to change cars, there are enough options in EV right now.
The Rationalist is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 19:03   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
@speedmiester
There is no option to show Watt/km, only option is Km/KWH. A number of 7km/KWH will offer a total range of 350Kms. Drive a little carefully and 400Kms with AC is also feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_K View Post
Thanks for the share your experience. Kindly help us with list of chargers you had used for your trip between Hyderabad to Bengaluru. I'm planning to drive Nexon EV Max in November/December 2022.
Below are the fast chargers between Bangalore and Hyderabad. These are the reliable ones.
Recommend you to install Plugshare app, a very important app for EV users.
Ensure that you have sufficient charge to reach the next charger should the one closest to you is busy or not working. This way you can optimise for charging and driving time. I opted for a single charge drive so I kept a steady 80-90KMPH speed, this meant my time at the charging station was just about an hour which coincided with my breakfast time.
Most of the 25KW chargers will get upgraded to 50 or 60KW over the next two years. This will reduce charging time.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20221017-185639.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 19:23   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Please don't go by this notion.
EVs can be driven for more than 6-700Kms in a day with fast charging. I have personally driven for 600+Kms in a day in the ZS EV. This is more than sufficient for 95% of the drives many people undertake.

This is what I could do on a drive from Hyderabad to Bangalore. Less than 9Hrs driving time with 1hr of fast charging in between. This is similar to any ICE car.

Attachment 2368986

Have a look at the available fast charging network on Plugshare.com. At least the southern part of India is well covered with good reliable fast charging network. This will be replicated across the Country soon.
Sharing a screenshot of the same.
Interesting! Is this performance repeatable and consistent? How much range do you get with an hour of fast charging? What sort of highway speeds can be maintained without an eye on the range gauge? 600 kms in 9 hours is quite decent, especially that one hour stop can include lunch.
Old 19th October 2022, 15:51   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
@speedmiester
It works out to 125wh/km at 8km/kwh for 50.3Kwh MG ZS EV battery. For 7km/kwh, it'll be ~142wh/km

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I'm not buying an EV right now because my current car is just 7 years old and buying a car just to save on fuel is not a wise financial decision.
But it is, no? if you consider the potential acceleration in depreciation of ICE cars, the ever increasing cost of fuel, traffic and current subsidies and benefits available for EV (low interest rates, interest expense exemption on tax, FAME II, state subsidies).

I did a detailed working when I thought of replacing my petrol auto Verna and considering a 4 year loan, a 4 year holding period and the usual running (which is quite low), and comparing that with a replacement 2 year down, with similar parameters and purchase cost - it was beneficial to me buying today - ofcourse the variable to play was mainly the loss in value in those 2 years, but that info is quite easily available now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post

Interesting! Is this performance repeatable and consistent? How much range do you get with an hour of fast charging? What sort of highway speeds can be maintained without an eye on the range gauge? 600 kms in 9 hours is quite decent, especially that one hour stop can include lunch.
How repeatably or consistently do you go for 600km drives, my friend, that's the question for yourself. Most EVs in the market today have the ability to top themselves up fully within in a hour of fast charging. I think @speedmeister has mentioned 80-90kmph is what he maintained for this trip- but more importantly, you need to also look at average highway speeds throughout your journeys.
alok9345 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 16:51   #592
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok9345 View Post
But it is, no? if you consider the potential acceleration in depreciation of ICE cars, the ever increasing cost of fuel, traffic and current subsidies and benefits available for EV (low interest rates, interest expense exemption on tax, FAME II, state subsidies).

I did a detailed working when I thought of replacing my petrol auto Verna and considering a 4 year loan, a 4 year holding period and the usual running (which is quite low), and comparing that with a replacement 2 year down, with similar parameters and purchase cost - it was beneficial to me buying today - ofcourse the variable to play was mainly the loss in value in those 2 years, but that info is quite easily available now a days.
Is the interest rates that low for EV's? I will get ₹3-4 lakh for my ICE. I will have to spend another ₹7 lakhs for the cheapest EV. The savings will be ₹15,000 a month, so it will take 4 years to break even. But I will get at least ₹2 lakhs in 4 years by investing ₹7 lakhs. So it will still be a loss making proposition. So only after 6 years I will start making some gains. The above calculations are for full down payment, if I take a loan it will take even more years to break even. I will hold on to the present one for few more years and sell it for ₹1-2 lakh.
Old 19th October 2022, 16:56   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok9345 View Post
How repeatably or consistently do you go for 600km drives, my friend, that's the question for yourself. Most EVs in the market today have the ability to top themselves up fully within in a hour of fast charging. I think @speedmeister has mentioned 80-90kmph is what he maintained for this trip- but more importantly, you need to also look at average highway speeds throughout your journeys.
I generally mantain an average speed of about 100 kmph, i do the blr to hyd stretch in about 7 hours depending on the conditions. My drives are generally about 700/1000 kms a day when I head out. I would cover the blr to bom stretch in about 12 hours.
Old 19th October 2022, 18:04   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Is the interest rates that low for EV's? I will get ₹3-4 lakh for my ICE. I will have to spend another ₹7 lakhs for the cheapest EV. The savings will be ₹15,000 a month, so it will take 4 years to break even. But I will get at least ₹2 lakhs in 4 years by investing ₹7 lakhs. So it will still be a loss making proposition. So only after 6 years I will start making some gains. The above calculations are for full down payment, if I take a loan it will take even more years to break even. I will hold on to the present one for few more years and sell it for ₹1-2 lakh.
You're still looking at it from the fuel saving perspective. If you're in 30% tax bracket, you end up saving 30% of your interest expense (around 40k on 8L loan for 4 years, 8% interest).

Assuming 4 yr loan, operational period of vehicle and for calculation of savings, Let's see two years down, FAME 2 goes away post April next year, adds 10k per kwh battery, add another 2L on the car (the loan is now 10L, assuming DP remains same, another 28k in interest expense even if interest subsidy continues), your ICE car has now lost 2L (additional loss of saving on that money - 37k post tax at 6%), you spent 2 years on fuel 1.9L (1k monthly running for 2 years @ 110 bucks and 14kmpl avg.). You may want to add these to your calculation when you decide to delay the switch.

At the current interest rate subsidy - effective interest rate is 5.6% and in your words you seem to be making 13-14% return on your money, you should definitely take a loan.

Quote:
I generally mantain an average speed of about 100 kmph, i do the blr to hyd stretch in about 7 hours depending on the conditions. My drives are generally about 700/1000 kms a day when I head out. I would cover the blr to bom stretch in about 12 hours.
Sure man!
alok9345 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 19:28   #595
BHPian

Quote:
I actually did Goa - Bangalore route of 560km in around 10.5 hours. I had to charge in Hubli and in Chitradurga for about an hour and half each. Actual Google route shows an ETA of 11 hours 10 mins.
Reason I could cover so much distance so fast was
1. Goa ghat section was easy because of the torque and ease of overtake. I could save 45 mins here. No ICE cars were able to overtake me. Not because I was best, but the Car was.
2. On highway I could overtake the trucks which are more prevalent on this highway while ICE cars were second guessing.

I still had to wait for 3 hours for the charging in total as these were 25kw ones. If they upgrade to 50kw I can save half of the time.

Also the entire 1300km round trip I could do with 2500 Rupees. I was going to buy Creta, but by sacrificing little bit of space, I got more power, refinement and saved lot of money.

There are only 2 types of people,
1. People who are spoilt by EVs and can't go back to the ICE.
2. People who are half minded who should never buy the EVs until they satisfy point 1.
shamanths3 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 12:10   #596

Hi All,

Can someone please help me guide which insurance to take for Nexon EV Max? I am going for jet 3.3kW edition.
The dealer is quoting nearly 1lac for the insurance
ashusrt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 15:22   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashusrt View Post
Hi All,

Can someone please help me guide which insurance to take for Nexon EV Max? I am going for jet 3.3kW edition.
The dealer is quoting nearly 1lac for the insurance
I recently got New India Assurance for 45k including zero dep and key coverage. This was for EV max lux 3.3
Turbo roast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 19:40   #598

Guys, finally got the delivery of Max 7.2kW teal blue on Dhanteras. Dealer was unable to provide the jet edition and I personally found this shade of teal blue better. Asked the SA to keep the delivery ceremony low key and then drove to a temple for puja.

My first car and that is an EV! Can't describe the feeling . The car is a head turner for sure. Many people approached and were curious about the car.
ashusrt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 23:43   #599

Hi All,
Sadly had very bad experience with respect to PDI @ KHT Motors,Domlur branch, Bengaluru. I tried my best to withhold payment to ensure I could review all the issues with car but SA-Madhu-KHT & Rohith was not at all helpful and our car was kept in a place where interiors were hardly accessible and they outright denied moving it to a location where it will be better accessible for PDI. Since it was good day today as per Hindu calendar did basic Pooja and showed car to my family. Sales Manager has promised delivery in 4 working days from today. Hope at least final delivery will be better experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-2da672a8d4f24e578450f9f4c05fb977.jpeg  

Attached Images

Jake_K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 11:47   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_K View Post
Hi All,
Sadly had very bad experience with respect to PDI @ KHT Motors,Domlur branch, Bengaluru. I tried my best to withhold payment to ensure I could review all the issues with car but SA-Madhu-KHT & Rohith was not at all helpful and our car was kept in a place where interiors were hardly accessible and they outright denied moving it to a location where it will be better accessible for PDI. Since it was good day today as per Hindu calendar did basic Pooja and showed car to my family. Sales Manager has promised delivery in 4 working days from today. Hope at least final delivery will be better experience.
Jake_k, you can DM me... I too had not so pleasant experience with KHT and same SA. Took my delivery on 26th and gave it for detailing (Graphene coating and basic ppf with autorush). Please note that your number plate is going to have fixing issues and tell them that right now itself.

Will share my purchase experience in detail along with the photos to the forum once I get the car from detailing guy.
Prasidhi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks