Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2023, 23:08   #706
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Went for a Ghat section drive from Wayanad to Calicut
Thanks for the detailed update. I am from Calicut and am evaluating lux variant of max. We do Calicut Ooty trips frequently and wanted to know if you tried that route and general feedback on availability of charging stations. Though distance is less than 200km, curious on how much real world range is available in such hilly terrain. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th January 2023, 12:14   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystafan View Post
Thanks for the detailed update. I am from Calicut and am evaluating lux variant of max. We do Calicut Ooty trips frequently and wanted to know if you tried that route and general feedback on availability of charging stations. Though distance is less than 200km, curious on how much real world range is available in such hilly terrain. Thanks in advance.
Great, I am sure you won't regret the decision. I have not personally done Calicut Ooty, but it is pretty much doable in one go in Max. For safety, there is one fast charging station in Nilambur. (If you are going via Wayanad route, there are more charging stations on the way).

In Ooty many hotels provide slow charging overnight or if you need fast charging, there is a Zeon Charging Station in Ooty. We have a Whatsapp group in Kerala for EVs, and many members from that group have taken Calicut Ooty route in Nexon EV Max / Prime.

Also, you can download EVarc app which lists you the charging stations as well as clearly gives you an approximate charging consumption from one point to another. I found it almost correct (+/- 5%) though started using it recently.
Prasidhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 08:53   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Great, I am sure you won't regret the decision. I have not personally done Calicut Ooty, but it is pretty much doable in one go in Max..
Thanks for the reply. How's the rear seat passenger comfort in long drives. I am especially concerned as I might always be traveling with family, parents etc. Asking because the Maruti dealer here said many owners are raising concerns over rear seat comfort in nexon ev.
Crystafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 14:21   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. How's the rear seat passenger comfort in long drives. I am especially concerned as I might always be traveling with family, parents etc. Asking because the Maruti dealer here said many owners are raising concerns over rear seat comfort in nexon ev.
What else can Maruti say given how Nexon is eating their sales of their Espresso XL I mean Brezza . If your family is below 5'6" or taller but adjusting person then there will be no issues at all on the backseat. However if you have someone taller and who complains a lot, then it's a bit uncomfortable for them.

My Father in law is 6'2" and he had absolutely no issues at all since he could stretch his legs while sitting behind me as I am 5'4"

Do also note that Rear floor is raised only in MAX and not in Prime. Prime has one of the best seating in this range.

Last edited by shamanths3 : 7th January 2023 at 14:23.
shamanths3 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 22:21   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
What else can Maruti say given how Nexon is eating their sales of their Espresso XL I mean Brezza
Yeah the SA was pitching for Grand Vitara and told me this when I said I am more inclined on Nexon lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Do also note that Rear floor is raised only in MAX and not in Prime
This is news to me and a little concerning as am considering max lux. Didn't notice during test drive though. Can't 3 people sit okayish on the rear?
Old 8th January 2023, 02:25   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah the SA was pitching for Grand Vitara and told me this when I said I am more inclined on Nexon lol

This is news to me and a little concerning as am considering max lux. Didn't notice during test drive though. Can't 3 people sit okayish on the rear?
Just blindly Go for Max if you really love the other aspects as the cons seam to be nitpickings than an actual bother like Display, seat height etc. Seat height is not a major deal breaker. You can always buy thigh cushions to raise your feet if needed for the back passengers. But I never felt the need to.

We have traveled from Coorg to Back with 6 people on board in my Max Lux. It all depends on how spoilt you are actually. If you already have a luxurious car , then yes it's an adjustment. But I upgraded from Grand i10, so this was no big deal, not as well for the other people whom it has carried.
shamanths3 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 10:30   #712
BHPian

Quote:

I have the max. I also had this concern on the higher floor resulting in relatively less thigh suport when I was scouting around. However, i think it's a bit overblown. I have had adults in the backseat for 2 hours (and used to sedan comfort while riding in the backseat), but they said did not feel any discomfort.
AkshatR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 09:13   #713
BHPian

Hi folks
My Max has done 5k on the ODO and has just completed its 2nd free service at 6 months.
I’ve been hearing a strange noise like knocking or rattling mostly from the rear while decelerating and accelerating only but it doesn’t appear while going over bumps or potholes.
Mentioned that to my SA when my vehicle was in for service but he’s unable to identify the issue and everything seems to be in place according to him.

Anyone else faced similar issues with the max?
Could it be related to the rear struts?

Any advice in this regard will be appreciated

Thanks in advance.
pradheepsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 09:22   #714
BHPian

Quote:

No issues in Rear seat for my family. Other than my son, everyone is less than 6 feet though. My son also was comfortable with the Rear seat even during long distance driving. 3 people can comfortably sit.

My mother in law had a complaint that climbing to the car is little tedious as she was used only to sedans and Wagon R. It's just the matter of getting used to SUVs or cross overs.
Prasidhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 11:16   #715
BHPian

I get a loud pop sound from speakers in my month old Nexon EV Max when its parked and unlocked for about 2 mins, the SA at the service center says its the silver box sound and normal - anyone else facing this ?
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 11:35   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
I get a loud pop sound from speakers in my month old Nexon EV Max when its parked and unlocked for about 2 mins, the SA at the service center says its the silver box sound and normal - anyone else facing this ?
I think most of us are hearing this in our Max. Don't know the solution for it yet or if it can be solved.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 11:37   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Hi folks
My Max has done 5k on the ODO and has just completed its 2nd free service at 6 months.
I’ve been hearing a strange noise like knocking or rattling mostly from the rear while decelerating and accelerating only but it doesn’t appear while going over bumps or potholes.
Mentioned that to my SA when my vehicle was in for service but he’s unable to identify the issue and everything seems to be in place according to him.

Thanks in advance.
I do hear a "kat" sound while accelerating but have never heard any sound while braking or decelerating. Please do get it checked.
shamanths3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 12:39   #718
BHPian

Quote:
How's the rear seat passenger comfort in long drives. I am especially concerned as I might always be traveling with family, parents etc. Asking because the Maruti dealer here said many owners are raising concerns over rear seat comfort in nexon ev.
I just posted my review with a photo of the backseat leg room in the Max (Reason Underdetermines Life Decisions | Tata Nexon EV | Ownership Review). My guess is it will be okay for someone up to 5'10" by using the space under the front seats. Maybe stretched to accommodate a 6' person if the front seat can be pushed bit front, will be difficult beyond that.

Since this is important for you, it would be best to take a reasonably long test drive with the taller person checking out the rear seat.
wocanak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 12:40   #719
BHPian

On that note are there any Bangalore/South India based support groups for Nexon EV owners and how do I join them?
Old 9th January 2023, 18:58   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Hi folks

Thanks in advance.
Yes. there is a knocking/ clicking noise when you take the feet off the accelerator and the moment you put the feet back on. Sounds similar to lose engine/ motor mount. My max is going for its second service next week. This is the only issue I am facing as of now.
Turbo roast is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks