Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 16:22   #751
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
I will surely make it a point to ask for it and get it noted.

From the time I bought the car, I have not got any software updates. The recent one announced enhancing range is due update from 15th feb. Some people have claimed to have got it. I was asking you if you too have got it done. There is some earthing problem with the meter with which I have fixed a 15Amp charger. But to another meter is fixed the 7.2kw fast charger. Currently this is the only charger I am using. Only when I go to my village is I use a regular 15Amp slow changer. That is less frequent.

I never used a DC fast charger till date.
Mine is a 1500km run 2 month old car - my range and wh/km have been consistent so far. I had complained of my clock losing time during first service and the SA had updated the software to fix it, other than that no other updates.
Old 4th February 2023, 09:16   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Did you get a software update the company is rolling out? What is the power consumption your car screen displays?

Attachment 2414015

My NEXON EV MAX seems to consume more power. When I took delivery, for the initial 4k kms Wh/Km was around 125-130. But after that consumption jumped to 160-165Wh/Km. I able to get a max of 220-240 kms on a full charge. During my second service, I reported the findings, but the service centre put the car on a test run and said it's all fine.

But the problem persists. This is the reading I got on my last trip all city drive on ECO mode with Regen 2 levels.

Need to visit the service centre again.
I did not get the software updated.

My suggestion to you being a complete new to this and limited experience, please check if the following works for you.

1. Light foot driving at 60kmph should give a consumption of less than 100.
2. If in city, please drive in Regen 3.
3. If in highway 80kmph will still give you good range. Worst case driving like ICE you would still get 250 kms. Best case driving at 100 kmph eco/cruise control should give you 130-140 wh/km. If uphill it should give within 160 wh/km. if you drive aggressively range will drop.
4. I have used various Regen levels in highway, but I found best consumption in Regen 3 even on highways and it makes driving a nice experience.
5. In Indian highways we cannot put cruise control for a high speed consistently. What we normally do is speed up and slow down frequently based on road conditions. Light foot eco mode with Regen 3 gives you similar experience.

Overtaking and sudden lane change experience is very different. For sudden lane change you would feel the weight below. We need to be careful.
Old 4th February 2023, 10:54   #753
BHPian

The regen level setting is to be elaborated a bit. The goal is to slow down the vehicle to the desired speed with the energy mostly recovered, but not slowdown so much that you have to accelerate back again. This means from the point you ease off the accelerator, the regen breaking force should be such that you hit the desired speed in the distance/time left.

If the regen breaking is not sufficient you will apply brakes, which beyond a point will mean mechanical braking and loss of energy. If regen breaking is too strong, then you will slow down too much and accelerate back. Balancing this depends on the traffic conditions, speed and how well you anticipate and drive. The more quickly you see traffic slowing down and ease off the accelerator, the less regen level braking you need.

I have only been driving for a month (all city commute) and this is what works for me:
  • It is better to not dynamically adjust the regen levels as that was confusing my style.
  • The default of 1 in City and 2 in Eco mode, is well thought out and kept.
  • With the regen level fixed my subconscious driving style is finding it easier to adapt and smooths out the drive.
  • Initially I was moving to regen level 3 for bumper to bumper traffic, now I figured out even that is not required.

Last edited by wocanak : 4th February 2023 at 10:55.
wocanak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 09:19   #754

I had a question for all those EV max owners out there. I am 6' 4" tall. While I am able to find a decent enough driving position, I am finding that my knees come up much higher towards my chest. Can somebody tell me if the high floor height on the MAX is applicable to both the front and rear seats? I haven't test driven the PRIME yet but would that be any better considering that TML pulled the floor up to accommodate the bigger battery. I can't imagine that the rear seats on the MAX would be comfortable to even those that are 6' or slightly less.
advant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 19:35   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advant View Post
I had a question for all those EV max owners out there. I am 6' 4" tall. While I am able to find a decent enough driving position, I am finding that my knees come up much higher towards my chest. Can somebody tell me if the high floor height on the MAX is applicable to both the front and rear seats? I haven't test driven the PRIME yet but would that be any better considering that TML pulled the floor up to accommodate the bigger battery. I can't imagine that the rear seats on the MAX would be comfortable to even those that are 6' or slightly less.
My son is 6' tall and he is able to comfortably sit in the back. We had a long drive from Kerala and he had a good sleep in the rear seat, from Mysore to Bangalore when I was driving.
Prasidhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 19:39   #756
BHPian

My Nexon EV Max dashboard clock is slowing down by a couple of minutes in a month, and I have to correct it manually. I don't think the dashboard clock is updated with network time, either from connected mobile or the sim present within the car.

This caused a few problems couple of times as I always relied on the dashboard clock. They should have done the automatic update from the sim or from the Android auto connection. Even my NTorq has this feature.
Prasidhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 20:24   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
My Nexon EV Max dashboard clock is slowing down by a couple of minutes in a month, and I have to correct it manually. I don't think the dashboard clock is updated with network time, either from connected mobile or the sim present within the car.

This caused a few problems couple of times as I always relied on the dashboard clock. They should have done the automatic update from the sim or from the Android auto connection. Even my NTorq has this feature.
Yes even I have the same issue Prasidhi. It seems there is an update for the Infotainment that solves the issue from what I heard in the whatsapp groups. Next time when I am going for the Max update, I will also ask for this.
shamanths3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 15:11   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
I am yet to take it for the service. I thought the 2nd service is due at 6k kms, but its at 7k kms or 6 months. I don't remember hearing this noise in the initial days but i could be wrong as its hardly audible if you have AC or music on.
This has been taken care in the second service. They said it was a loose mounting. Car is butter smooth now. Total Bill for 2nd service is 2.1k.
Turbo roast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 09:30   #759

Anyone faced issue with Zconnect App? It is NOT AT ALL opening in my mobile for the past 7 months since I purchased the vehicle. Upteen emails to customer support has not helped matters either. The Dealer is not aware of how to resolve this either. Anyone have any idea?

Anyone faced issue with ZConnect app? I have not been able to open this app since I purchased the vehicle in Jun'22. The Dealership service is clueless and upteen emails to Zconnect customer support has yielded zero support. Anyone has any idea to mitigate this issue ourselves?

I tried uninstalling the App, reregistering the vehicle with the Chassis number...etc...but to no avail.. Not sure what the issue here since even TATA motors are not able to resolve this.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img20230122wa0001.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img20230122wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th February 2023 at 10:39. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
Old 9th February 2023, 10:53   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller3300 View Post
Anyone faced issue with Zconnect App? It is NOT AT ALL opening in my mobile for the past 7 months since I purchased the vehicle. Upteen emails to customer support has not helped matters either. The Dealer is not aware of how to resolve this either. Anyone have any idea?

There is a new android update which seems to solve this issue. However still many features are missing or broken.
Old 10th February 2023, 10:41   #761
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to book the Nexon EV XZ+ LUX variant soon and have some confusion regarding the pricelist shared by Key motors, Bangalore. Can someone please help me understand the same?

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-pic1.jpeg

As per the SA from key motors the essential pack: Rs 16,000 is not required for the top end i.e. (Nexon 2.0 EV XZ+ lux 7.2) and Gold AMC (30000 KM)/ 2 yrs is not applicable for EV's. I'm not very sure if both these components are not applicable why is it mentioned in the price table shared by the dealer. Can anyone who has booked the vehicle from key motors help me understand this point?

And it would be very helpful if I can get some suggestions around the insurance component; should we go with the insurance provided by the dealer or should we purchase it through an external agent?

Thanks!
Old 11th February 2023, 08:13   #762

Thank you for sharing your story mate!
Hiccups like these are not a rare occurance but yes it really does ruin your overall experience. It is a learning for us all.
That aside, happy times driving!
Old 11th February 2023, 19:17   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to book the Nexon EV XZ+ LUX variant soon and have some confusion regarding the pricelist shared by Key motors, Bangalore. Can someone please help me understand the same?

Attachment 2416951

As per the SA from key motors the essential pack: Rs 16,000 is not required for the top end i.e. (Nexon 2.0 EV XZ+ lux 7.2) and Gold AMC (30000 KM)/ 2 yrs is not applicable for EV's. I'm not very sure if both these components are not applicable why is it mentioned in the price table shared by the dealer. Can anyone who has booked the vehicle from key motors help me understand this point?

And it would be very helpful if I can get some suggestions around the insurance component; should we go with the insurance provided by the dealer or should we purchase it through an external agent?

Thanks!
Got my max from Key Motors recently - the SA and dealership were completely disorganized and unprofessional and made my purchase experience one to forget.

In my case there was no AMC or Accessory package listed, only had Rs5100 basic accessory kit and I would suggest you avoid this and save yourself some pain. They pushed a perfume, idol, mud flap and 3d mats which never fit my car as part of this package and none of them are worth it at sticker price. I happened to see their internal file and this was listed as other/processing charges and not for accessory.

Insurance - get it outside, I got it for around 48k. My SA quoted a very high price for insurance and was never interested to even discuss on it to match or reduce the price from outside.

They will push for so called 3M ceramic coating - avoid this, don't get it done there even if it's offered free!

Keep an eye on the price breakup - for me they kept adding registration charges, hypothetication charges etc etc every time I discussed the pricing and pushed back on unnecessary charges. They try to squeeze in few thousands every time.

Registration charges - ask them how much of 4000 will be given as RTO receipt, don't pay more than that. They have about 2-2.5k additional here if I remember correctly.

Last edited by Sandegov : 11th February 2023 at 19:23.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 03:15   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
AMC is not applicable to EVs from TML itself, so that’s fine. We have extended warranties that can be taken if you’re interested, but only if you think you won’t be using the vehicle for more than 1.25L kms in 3 years.

Regarding the essential pack, it is more or less useless and it’s good that the SA is removing it from your quote. It includes god idol, mud flaps, dickie mat, floor mats etc. if you want, get the mud flaps. But there’s nothing that can’t be purchased post delivery, after market. The TML accessory quality is not great for the most of these things. Floor mats are better purchased outside (although I myself got 3D ones that were for prime, but fit well for my car and settled in after a week or so and I’m perfectly happy with them).

On the insurance, definitely get quotes from outside, ask the dealer to match and if there’s a small deviation, take a call if you’d want to get from dealer or outside. Both perfectly fine, if going to get from outside, my thumb rule is to talk to the service advisor/body shop advisor of my going to be usual service station and ask them what insurers are most hassle free in their opinion and go with one of those.

Hope this helps!
alok9345 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:46   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Got my max from Key Motors recently - the SA and dealership were completely disorganized and unprofessional and made my purchase experience one to forget.

In my case there was no AMC or Accessory package listed, only had Rs5100 basic accessory kit and I would suggest you avoid this and save yourself some pain. They pushed a perfume, idol, mud flap and 3d mats which never fit my car as part of this package and none of them are worth it at sticker price. I happened to see their internal file and this was listed as other/processing charges and not for accessory.

Insurance - get it outside, I got it for around 48k. My SA quoted a very high price for insurance and was never interested to even discuss on it to match or reduce the price from outside.

They will push for so called 3M ceramic coating - avoid this, don't get it done there even if it's offered free!

Keep an eye on the price breakup - for me they kept adding registration charges, hypothetication charges etc etc every time I discussed the pricing and pushed back on unnecessary charges. They try to squeeze in few thousands every time.

Registration charges - ask them how much of 4000 will be given as RTO receipt, don't pay more than that. They have about 2-2.5k additional here if I remember correctly.
Hi...
Thanks for the reply. I too got a quote of Rs 48,000 for Oriental Insurance from an agent. Can I know for which insurance u got the simjilar quote?
I spoke to the body shop manager at key motors and he told me that their preferred insurance is Tata AIG, But for Oriental Insurance there is no cashless facility and we will have to go for reimbursement..
He was shocked to know that the difference between the insurance quote offered by Key Motors and external agent is around 60k

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks