Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2023, 13:32   #841
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
Observation 1: The AC didn't work, was blowing hot air all the time. It was 32 degrees C outside, around 6pm and my charge was 62%. I tried auto AC but that didn't work either.
The ventilated seat cooled for maybe 10 minutes and then it stopped cooling. I arrived home drenched in sweat.

Cut to this morning, the AC seems to be working. I haven't driven around much today and will test this further. I'm perplexed as to what is happening!
Prerana service folks asked me to bring the car across after the week end.
Nothing to worry much. When the car system is under influence of outside heat or just pulled off the charging system or any other way, the system cuts off the AC to try contain the heat. Even the radiator keeps running when the car is switched off.

So the way around is switch it to power mode for 20-30 seconds and switch back to economy mode. The AC restarts working normally. The same issue is there in MG ZS EV. My friend who owns one had the same complaint. Told him to do the same. It worked.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:16   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Hi Sridar,

Congratulations! Hope the issue/confusion with your cars AC gets fixed

Where did you get your PPF done and how much did it cost you?

Thanks!
Hi StealthBaleno,

Congrats to you as well! The AC issue seems to have disappeared. I drove to Lepakshi and back via Isha foundation today ( about 280km ) and the car behaved perfectly.

I got the PPF done by Autorush at Kengeri - the proprietor, Rakshith Vijay did a very good job. I left a review at their site, along with pictures. The PPF used was Garware Plus ( Rakshith recommended this over Stek since I have portico parking and the car is not out in the sun). I also got sun film on the windscreen and the windows, as well as floor mat covering the entire floor. They remove all the seats and fix it. Do call Rakshith ( he's listed as a favored vendor in Teambhp). The whole package cost me about 1.26 lakhs. Their work is guaranteed for 5 years -.guarantee from Garware.

Last edited by Sridhar C E : 2nd April 2023 at 22:18. Reason: Spelling error, additional inputs
Sridhar C E is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 17:17   #843
BHPian

Evo India team headed by the legend Sirish Chandran created records using Nexon EV Max. A very fun and must watch video, IMO:

FireBlade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 22:31   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahin_P21 View Post
You can't just tarnish the cars image because of the fit and finish, If it was of so much concern then you should have rejected it right then ad ther during the PDI. But now that you have it I am not telling you to make peace with it, instead you can get it detailed or some what modified to your liking.

If quality/fit & finish were one of your top concerns the you expected a lot form TATA. Even I have observed some fit and finish issues in my Max but it's not like the car is all bad. It's reliable, practical and structurally built strong. Even the after sales service support is I'd say good from TATA and all legit warranty & servicing claims are honored by TATA.

Try to appreciate the good side too. The less maintenance or the reduced fuel expenses. You are an "early adopter" and that word come with it's own pros and cons.
As I said - I am merely stating my experience with TATA and help set the expectation for prospective buyers and folks heading out to do their PDI - they need to be extremely forgiving when it comes to Nexon EV Max fit and finish. I have no intention to tarnish or glorify a brand/model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Did you check if you got a vehicle which has been standing long in the open stockyard?

Paint chipping amyd jnternal floor felt/mat not flush points to the same in my opinion.
The VIN decoded to previous month - and I checked the floor mat with other Max cars at the dealership and it was the same.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 14:08   #845
BHPian

Hi all, are the safety ratings for nexon ev max available?
Also if we go for xz+ lux 7.2, how much is approximate cost for installing home charger in an independent house? Can it be charged on regular socket where Ola s1 pro scooter can be charged ��
Old 10th April 2023, 15:21   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystafan View Post
how much is approximate cost for installing home charger in an independent house? Can it be charged on regular socket where Ola s1 pro scooter can be charged ��
Installing costs depend on the length of the wire you need, if you need just 1 meter wire, total installation should cost ~1K₹.

You need to get the socket checked with electrician, OLA S1 can charge on 5A socket, 7.2KW charger needs 32A wiring. OLA S1 can charge on 32A socket, so you need to upgrade to 32A socket to charge both Nexon and OLA. Before all this you can assess power requirements of your car and home with an electrician.
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 20:21   #847
BHPian

BTW maybe a naive question - aren't there any travel chargers in market yet which can be carried along?
Old 10th April 2023, 21:37   #848
BHPian

Quote:
BTW maybe a naive question - aren't there any travel chargers in market yet which can be carried along?
Check out the link below

https://aha.store/product/ev-travel-charging-kit/
Old 10th April 2023, 23:43   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post
Check out the link below
Thanks, this still needs power supply. I intended to ask if there is like a power bank which can be used in places without electricity for emergencies.
Old 11th April 2023, 17:50   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Also if we go for xz+ lux 7.2, how much is approximate cost for installing home charger in an independent house? Can it be charged on regular socket where Ola s1 pro scooter can be charged ��
Charger installation is free along with 15ft of power cable from your meter to charger.If your site requires more than 15ft then you will have to pay for it. Any wiring upgrades or load upgrades to the meter will be on you.

You can also charge your car from a regular 15amp socket, you will get a charger cable along with the car.
Old 11th April 2023, 18:28   #851
BHPian

Any idea about this symbol on the MID in EV MAX?
Apparently the AC stopped cooling when this started showing up out of the blue today.
No other issues noted while driving.

Any similar issues faced by other owners?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-0f1e801e702f4a4eb72dca3bd8417ca8.jpeg  

Last edited by pradheepsr : 11th April 2023 at 18:48.
Old 12th April 2023, 06:26   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Any idea about this symbol on the MID in EV MAX?
Apparently the AC stopped cooling when this started showing up out of the blue today.
No other issues noted while driving.

Any similar issues faced by other owners?
The symbol shows your service is due. You can check the Zconnect app and run diagnosis it will show the exact days / KM interval to due service.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 06:29   #853
BHPian

Have you experienced AC cooling issues with the max?
Mine was fine until this service due icon started showing up. Hence thought it’s an issue with the AC.
Old 12th April 2023, 14:53   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Have you experienced AC cooling issues with the max?
Mine was fine until this service due icon started showing up. Hence thought it’s an issue with the AC.
Did you try the what DRPSREDDY had suggested above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
So the way around is switch it to power mode for 20-30 seconds and switch back to economy mode. The AC restarts working normally. The same issue is there in MG ZS EV. My friend who owns one had the same complaint. Told him to do the same. It worked.
Hope they have not done the same thing as water filter guys - a blaring whistle that doesn't go away if you continuing operating it, without changing the filter.
Nexon team - Let's switch off the AC till the customer comes in for service.
Old 12th April 2023, 16:17   #855
BHPian

Looks like the Nexon Dark is also getting the bigger infotainment screen like Safari & Harrier. The video link of a YouTuber was shared on the Nexon EV WhatsApp group but the video has been taken down guess because of the embargo probably

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0101.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0102.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0103.jpg
prateekchanana is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks