Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2023, 20:37   #961
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Have you measured the air quality using a monitor? That is the only sure way of finding out.
Not with my own monitor - I rely on the AQI readings from the car and found it to be pretty reliable as well. The readings go up and down nicely when windows are opened & closed plus with and without AC.
Old 16th December 2023, 18:50   #962

Hi Sandeep, I second your thoughts and experiences and have somethings to add/advise, hope it helps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Update at 1 year/6500kms:
  • The car is always charged from ~20% to 100% with the 7kw charger at home and it takes about 4-5 hrs to charge - continues to be super convenient in terms of charge frequency and duration for my usage. It was DC fast charged only once just to test and ensure there were no surprises there.
  • >> Would recommend using 3.3 KW, slow AC charging, atleast a month. Most of the EVians in north faced problems who were always using AC Fast charging and this hack has helped them. Also do a deep discharge, upto 2-3% once in 2 months, so that you know and confident that the car battery is giving a consistent range even at lower SOC.

Quote:
  • No rattles or squeaks so far.
  • >> You were lucky here, I got a lot of rattle noise coming from Dashboard and SC people are saying that these EV car owners unnecessarily create a lot of trouble on noise. These rattles are there in ICE cars too, but due to Engine noise in ICE cars, its not noticable enough
Quote:

Additions:
  • Added DDPAI Mola N3 Pro dual channel dash cam. Did a DIY installation with power coming from the 12V power supply at the front. App and cameras working well so far.
  • >> I installed a hard wiring kit too and it works like a charm

Quote:
Niggles, Issues and things that could have been better:
  • Haven't received any call from TATA or ASC for the much talked about software update to increase the range. Enquired during my service and the folks at the service center were clueless about it. Same goes with recalls/service actions - the SA asked me to check with sales department on this
  • >> I think this was a marketing gimmick when XUV400 was launched with lower battery capacity but with higher range. To me SC always gace excuses that range extension update isnt stable enough.

Quote:
  • The car continues to lose time on the clock and goes slow. ASC seems to have no clue on how to fix this, software updates during services dint fix it.
  • >>Whats the latest info entertainment software version do you have? I have 17.5

Quote:
  • Fogging on windsheild, there is always a thin film of mist/fog forming on the windsheild and it becomes an issue with visibility during nighttime. ASC has no clue on how to check or fix this.
  • >> True and this could be due to very good NVH levels on insulation. My hack was to keep the fresh air in and direct the system to throw air to windscreen for 2-3 mins. After that I switch everything off and there is no AC and Fan running but the fresh air continues to come to windscreen and there is no more any accumulation on windscreen. In Delhi, this is really a problem

Quote:
  • Headlights don't feel adequate on roads without streetlights.
  • >> I got the lower beams changed with Tata Genuine Accessory head light LED upgrade option from Blaupunkt. It does a decent job.

Quote:
  • Missing cupholders continue to be a big inconvenience.
  • >> Shame that it still isnt solved in new face lift.

Quote:
  • Prefer a stick shift anyday over the slow rotary drive selector, quick U or 3 point turns always ensure I get some good stares and honks on road.
  • >>

Quote:
  • The music doesn't stop when you switch off the car, it continues to play and turns off only after the drivers side door is opened and then shut. Not a big fan of this design.
  • >> This isnt the case with me. It stops when I switch off the car and just open the driver side door
carlover86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 18:18   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover86 View Post
Hi Sandeep, I second your thoughts and experiences and have somethings to add/advise
Thank you for your inputs. I am in the process of getting a plug point installed next to my 7KW one for 3KW charging, idea is to charge it once a while using this. I also go down to <10% every now and then and charge it up to 100%.

Could you please share the details of your LED upgrade on low beam - what make, pricing and kelvin are they offering and do you recommend it?
Old 17th December 2023, 23:01   #964

Quote:
Could you please share the details of your LED upgrade on low beam - what make, pricing and kelvin are they offering and do you recommend it?
Here you go.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-blaunpunkt_led_headlight.jpg
carlover86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 07:06   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover86 View Post
Here you go.
Attachment 2545347
Thank you, surprised to see TATA is going with 110W which is double the 55W rated bulb coming from factory.
Old 18th December 2023, 15:46   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, surprised to see TATA is going with 110W which is double the 55W rated bulb coming from factory.
Each bulb is 55W, LED bulb makers market their product wattage of the two bulbs combined.
DIY410 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 16:07   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Each bulb is 55W, LED bulb makers market their product wattage of the two bulbs combined.
Oh, sorry didn't know that - I thought the Chinese brands did that for marketing, didn't know it was a standard practice with LED lights.

Will definitely head over to TATA ASC in that case
Old 26th December 2023, 23:36   #968
BHPian

Thanks to feedback from fellow members Carlover86 and Fusionbang on the LED upgrade - I headed over to Adi Shakti Tata showroom which was next door to my office in Hebbal and boy did I regret it! In hindsight should have stuck with Prerana motors

Got myself this Blaupunkt 55W 6000K LED bulbs for my low beam and decided to leave the high beams on factory halogens. These are rated at 5500 Lumens brightness per bulb.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231226_133122.jpg

My Nexon EV Max comes with a projector setup on low beams and a traditional reflector setup for high beams and TATA has made it very easy to change bulbs on these. All that the technician needs to do is open the caps behind the headlight and remove the clip holding old bulb and insert the new leds with the plate in same position and close the cap. No need to worry about polarity of electrical plug as well and it can be plugged in either ways.

The technicians at Adi Shakti were first not sure which was low beam and which one was high beam till I pointed it out to them, I should have taken the cue and scooted from there at this point, once that was figured out they removed the back cover and proceeded to install the LED. They had only one thing to ensure and that was to keep the LED bulb vertical and Blaupunkt has even tried to make this dummy proof by instructing to just make sure that the bulb wire comes out at the bottom which will in turn ensure that the bulb is vertical but these technicials just pushed and shoved the bulb in without a care and called it a day. Requested them to check the light once on their alignment board and they asked me what was that! In between all this they managed to drop one of the light covers between the engine bay and they had to remove few screws of undercover to retrieve and they fixed it back without the washers and now I am getting noises from there when on rough roads!

As an icing on the cake the accessory guy made sure I waited for an hour just for the bill and ensured that I paid more than the MRP printed on the box and when questioned they happily added a labour cost related to Tata punch for the difference amount and made me go my way.

After all this, this is what I have when I checked in the dark

Dark spots/patches in front of right headlight and assymetrical throw between left and right
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231226_205651.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231226_205738.jpg  

Last edited by Sandegov : 26th December 2023 at 23:43.
Sandegov is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 00:14   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Got myself this Blaupunkt 55W 6000K LED bulbs for my low beam and decided to leave the high beams on factory halogens.
Wow, that's a very disappointing experience indeed. I had given my EV Max for the 22500 KM/18M service today at Key Motors, Mysore Road, and had asked to install the LED bulbs for low beam just like you. The accessories guy quoted Rs 6700 for it, same Blaupunkt unit

Got the car back in the evening, and the LED lights worked great. They didn't charge any fitment charges, and billed the actual MRP ie Rs 6693.

One minor screw up they did, which I noticed much later, the left fog lamp turns on with the lights for some weird reason. If I press the fog lamp switch, then the right one turns on, but doesn't turn off when the fog lamp switch is pressed again. Will give the SA a call tomorrow.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 00:26   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Wow, that's a very disappointing experience indeed. I had given my EV Max for the 22500 KM/18M service today at Key Motors, Mysore Road, and had asked to install the LED bulbs for low beam just like you. The accessories guy quoted Rs 6700 for it, same Blaupunkt unit

Got the car back in the evening, and the LED lights worked great. They didn't charge any fitment charges, and billed the actual MRP ie Rs 6693.

One minor screw up they did, which I noticed much later, the left fog lamp turns on with the lights for some weird reason. If I press the fog lamp switch, then the right one turns on, but doesn't turn off when the fog lamp switch is pressed again. Will give the SA a call tomorrow.
Thats great, my EV Max has been serviced at Key Mysore Road so far. These LEDs are a worthy upgrade and best part being they are certified by Tata and with full warranty. For your fog lamp issue - do check your steering position once, I was confused during the early days when I used to see one of the fog lamps coming on in the reflection during parking at home and realised only later on that it was due to cornering function of light.

Last edited by Sandegov : 27th December 2023 at 00:42.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 18:40   #971
BHPian

Quote:
For your fog lamp issue - do check your steering position once, I was confused during the early days when I used to see one of the fog lamps coming on in the reflection during parking at home and realised only later on that it was due to cornering function of light.
Ah that could be it, the steering was indeed turned towards the left, however this is the first time I am actually noticing this and I have had the car for 1.5 years! I will give it a test tomorrow.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 21:05   #972
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
Anyone Noticing the intermittent running of the radiator fan in the Nexon EV max?
If i charge my car in a DC station or in the 7KW charger after a sprited drive, the fan runs intermittently. While i agree that the batteries may be hot and they need cooling. For that the fan should run continuously but in my case, it runs for 5-10 seconds and stops for 2-3 seconds and again run for 5-10 seconds and goes on like this. Is this behaviour normal and its the same with all TATA cars?
Old 30th December 2023, 12:32   #973
BHPian

Hello fellow Bhpians, I have completed 41k on my EV max on stock tyres and I think now it's going to be time to change them soon. Wanted to ask if anyone's replaced tyres on EV max and have chosen something beneficial like EV specific tyres or something like that?

Recommendations are welcom, thanks.
Old 30th December 2023, 17:25   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to feedback from fellow members Carlover86 and Fusionbang on the LED upgrade - I headed over to Adi Shakti Tata showroom which was next door to my office in Hebbal and boy

After all this, this is what I have when I checked in the dark

Dark spots/patches in front of right headlight and assymetrical throw between left and right
Attachment 2549203
Planning to upgrade on my Max too. Is it much better than the stock ones?
Old 30th December 2023, 19:51   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
Planning to upgrade on my Max too. Is it much better than the stock ones?
It's worth the upgrade, go for it.

Last edited by Sandegov : 30th December 2023 at 19:58.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks