Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 23:06   #1006
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Anyone facing suspension sounds?
It is mostly from the rear suspension. All you have to do is get the rear suspension retorqued after loosening and correctly aligning it. Any TATA service centre will do it. I had sleepless nights due to the crackling sound and it was fixed by capable technician. He told me that this is a common issue in the ICE Nexon.
mug:mush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 07:40   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug:mush View Post
It is mostly from the rear suspension. All you have to do is get the rear suspension retorqued after loosening and correctly aligning it. Any TATA service centre will do it. I had sleepless nights due to the crackling sound and it was fixed by capable technician. He told me that this is a common issue in the ICE Nexon.
My service centre technicians are unable to do it and left it to my fate and says it a common issue. That is what is happening. This time I will get it done.

Even I had an issue with headlight throw. High beam was throwing too low. Told them twice. They did not understand and just brushed it aside. The third time I pressed them to argue that if it was so, it was a company defect. Then he called an electrical technician who took me on the road and identified it and then corrected it.

The problem is jamp packed service centres. They need to increase number of service centres. I asked my advisor about exclusive EV service centres. He said break even is very slow in EV. Once EVs warranty period expires and then come for regular maintenance only then they will be able to make money and maintain them. Else it's not financially viable for them to run exclusive EV service centres.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 24th January 2024 at 07:44.
Old 24th January 2024, 13:20   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Anyone facing suspension sounds?

My Nexon EV Max makes clicking sounds on acceleration and deceleration and over bad roads. I have been complaining to the service centre on every service. They do some adjustments and it reappear after a few hundred kms. Even my co-brother faces the same issues. The service advisor said the issue persists with all Max cars and it has no resolution.

Has anyone faced similar issue, please do reply. I am thinking of writing to the company about the issue.
Its definitely fixable. I had the same issue, some part needs to be replaced for this (i don't remember the exact name) and its a known issue. Just tightening the mounting is not a permanent fix. Sound would come back in few weeks of running.
Turbo roast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 14:58   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
Its definitely fixable. I had the same issue, some part needs to be replaced for this (i don't remember the exact name) and its a known issue. Just tightening the mounting is not a permanent fix. Sound would come back in few weeks of running.
Thank you for the feedback. The sound is coming back within a few days. I will visit the service center and press for the fixation as soon as possible. Hope to get a permanent remedy.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 24th January 2024 at 15:01.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 08:16   #1010
BHPian

So I dropped the car to service center and they involved TACO team. TACO is the battery supplier. It is indeed an issue that HV System issue pops up below 6%. They say battery is ok but BMS is not charging all cells evenly. BMS is getting replaced. Car will be delivered in another 3-4 days.
sumannandy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 21:30   #1011

30k km update

I completed 30k km in 18 months on my ev max without any major issues few things I want to share with the community

1. I am 5.8 feet ,some how I don’t get a proper seating height in ev max. Specially if I adjust the steering height I won’t be able to see the speed beyond 80. Do any face same issue?

2. Regen works a like charm if your used to it, but some times when u apply brake over pothole it has some peculiar action as if it is accelerating momentarily which is scary when your in traffic

3. I can hear squeaking from centre console and some noises from windows at high speed ,and vibrating of side view mirrors.It seems the car is aging a bit faster or the fit and finish are not up to the mark

4. Mileage - I get 280 - 300 in city and 220-260 on highways. I don’t see much change between drive and eco modes

5.I recently got 30k/2 yrs service done on my car still the max charge rate is 30kw with DC charging however I noticed it is holding 30kw beyond 90% it might be because of software or just the cool ambient temperature

Overall the charging network has improved a lot. Tata chargers specifically are working a lot better with EZ charge card.
I want to see battery wear and other parameters on my car is there any way we can do it via OBD port?
krv09 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 23:02   #1012
BHPian

Trip Report - A trip to the Hills.

Prologue - As the 26th January long weekend was approaching, my wife, me and my daughter were discussing our weekend plans. My daughter wanted to see snow. There was a minor prediction of snow in Kufri so we made a plan to spend the long weekend in Kufri in anticipation of snow.

With the plan set, it was the time to get ready for the trip. I had never been to hills with my EV. So called up my friend for some tips and tricks for driving in the hills with an EV.

Now Faridabad to Kufri is 395 kilometers and it takes around 9 hours (without any break) to reach. We didn't want to waste one day each of the long weekend in travelling to and fro from Kufri. So decided to leave in afternoon on 25th Jan after finishing up work early and stay at a relative's place in panchkula for the night before continuing to Kufri next morning.

Charged the car overnight to 100%. Got the tyre pressure checked and made sure it was set to 35 PSI. Packed the boot with luggage (Two bags) and two more small bags. Left Faridabad at 2 PM

Leg 1 - Faridabad to Panchkula

Distance - 276 kms
Time taken - 6 hrs (including 30 mins break for coffee)
Average Speed - 50 kmph
Top speed - 90 kmph (Tried to maintain this speed as much as possible)
Stop - Karnal is midway on the route so took a coffee stop at Savoy greens, Karnal. The place has food court and Statig 60 KW charger. Used the break time to charge the car from 46% to 80%.
Charge cost - Rs. 260
Trip SOC - Start - 100% - End - 39%
Net SOC consumed - 94%

After reaching the destination, i went to charge the car for next day. As my relative's society doesn't have charging setup yet. Charged the car again at Statiq charger in Chandigarh from 34% to 100%.

Charge cost - Rs 500

Leg 2 - Panchkula to Royal Tulip, Kufri

Started at 8 AM in the morning.

Distance - 125 kms
Elevation change - 350m to 2600m
Time taken - 4 hrs 20 mins (including 1 break for breakfast )
Average Speed - 37 kmph
Top speed - 70 kmph (It is 4 lane winding highway till Kandaghat so on straights you can touch decent speed)
Stop - Solan is midway on the route so took a breakfast stop at Amolak Towers. The place has food court and Sunfuel 120 KW charger. Charged the car from 56% to 93%.
Charge cost - Rs. 308
Trip SOC - Start - 95% - End - 63%
Net SOC consumed - 83%

Leg 3 - Driving in and around Kufri

After reaching the hotel, we went back to Shimla for lunch at a cafe. The next day as chances of snow dwindled to zero, we headed out for lunch to Taj, Theog. Also, charged the car in preparation for the drive back home. Charged from 44% to 79%

Charge cost - Rs. 362
KMs covered - 64 kms
Trip SOC - Start - 63% - End - 71%
Net SOC consumed - 27%

Leg 4 - Royal Tulip, Kufri to Faridabad

This was going to be one long drive, we didn't have the luxury of overnight stop as it was school day for my daughter the next day. So we started back after breakfast at 10:30 AM. Plan was to stop for lunch and charge the car and then drive home non stop.

Distance - 395 kms
Elevation change - 2600m to 350m
Time taken - 9 hrs 20 mins (including 50 mins break for lunch )
Average Speed - 46 kmph
Top speed - 100 kmph
Stop - Decided to stop for lunch after getting down from the hills. Stopped at Aman hotel, Shahabad, Ambala. The place has a 60KW statiq charger. Charged the car from 40% to 94%.
Charge cost - Rs. 423
Trip SOC - Start - 71% - End - 18%
Net SOC consumed - 107%

Total Distance covered - 906 kms
Charging cost (including home charging) - Rs.2173
Running cost - Rs 2.4 per km

Salient points of the trip

1. EVs are so much fun to drive in the hills. Single pedal driving reaches a different level. You approach a corner, you lift off the braking is automatic. You just wait for the right moment to get back on the accelerator. I have driven from Shimla to Chandigarh in my Rapid Diesel DSG as well and this was huge difference.

2. Coming down the hills evens out the climb up the hill. I used 83% SOC to travel 125 kms and used only 10% SOC to climb the same distance back down.

3. No additional time needs to be spent for charging, you just need to stop at a food joint with a charger

4. My wife and kid vouch that travelling 9 hours in an EV was less tiring than our Rapid.

Elevation chart from Panchkula to Kufri with charging stop marked

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20240129-203705.png

MID screenshot

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20240129-22.22.08.jpeg
ferrarirules is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:46   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
So I dropped the car to service center and they involved TACO team. TACO is the battery supplier. It is indeed an issue that HV System issue pops up below 6%. They say battery is ok but BMS is not charging all cells evenly. BMS is getting replaced. Car will be delivered in another 3-4 days.

Any update on this? Is it fixed?
Old 1st February 2024, 12:59   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krv09 View Post
30k km update

I completed 30k km in 18 months on my ev max without any major issues few things I want to share with the community

1. I am 5.8 feet ,some how I don’t get a proper seating height in ev max. Specially if I adjust the steering height I won’t be able to see the speed beyond 80. Do any face same issue?
Seating is not really comfortable for long drives in Max due to the raised platform. Prime and other variants doesn't have this issue. I always end up in having tailbone pain after the long drives. Had to buy an ortho lower back support cushion to fix it
Turbo roast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 13:47   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Any update on this? Is it fixed?
Yes, they replaced the controller.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 22:02   #1016

Quote:
After 30000 km and 2 yrs service, this very same issue popped up when my SOC was 10%.
But after switching off and on, the car went for another 1km but the speed was very slow (10/15 km/hr) then it suddenly shifted to N. I tried removing the negative terminal and tried but it did not work.

Ironically the car stopped infront of JioBp petrol station and CCS 2 charger was just 4km away but after a U turn.

So I contacted customer support and they arranged towing service to nearest charger as per my request.

Getting below 10% had happened to me 5/6 times for me but this kind of error has never occurred.
I somehow found a 3pin with earthing for the 3.3kwh charger but my car refused to start charging saying HV error and charging system error.

The towing vehicle came on time and towed it to nearest CCS charger. There was no power steering - apparently if the car goes to D and then to N power steering will work. On the contrary if it directly shows HV error on start up power steering won't work.You can try to switch off the car, open the drivers side door and lock, wait for 5min and then try to start, I might enter D and then go back to N

But some how the car started to charge soon after we plugged into a 30kw charger. The journey went fine.
krv09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 23:22   #1017
BHPian

Please get it checked in a service center. All the cells may not be charged properly. They will replace the charger/ controller or whatever is the part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krv09 View Post
After 30000 km and 2 yrs service, this very same issue popped up when my SOC was 10%.
But after switching off and on, the car went for another 1km but the speed was very slow (10/15 km/hr) then it suddenly shifted to N. I tried removing the negative terminal and tried but it did not work.

Ironically the car stopped infront of JioBp petrol station and CCS 2 charger was just 4km away but after a U turn.

So I contacted customer support and they arranged towing service to nearest charger as per my request.

Getting below 10% had happened to me 5/6 times for me but this kind of error has never occurred.
I somehow found a 3pin with earthing for the 3.3kwh charger but my car refused to start charging saying HV error and charging system error.

The towing vehicle came on time and towed it to nearest CCS charger. There was no power steering - apparently if the car goes to D and then to N power steering will work. On the contrary if it directly shows HV error on start up power steering won't work.You can try to switch off the car, open the drivers side door and lock, wait for 5min and then try to start, I might enter D and then go back to N

But some how the car started to charge soon after we plugged into a 30kw charger. The journey went fine.
Old 7th February 2024, 17:09   #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Trip Report - A trip to the Hills.

Prologue - As the 26th January long weekend was approaching, my wife, me and my daughter were discussing our weekend plans. My daughter wanted to see snow. There was a minor prediction of snow in Kufri so we made a plan to spend the long weekend in Kufri in anticipation of snow.

With the plan set, it was the time to get ready for the trip. I had never been to hills with my EV. So called up my friend for some tips and tricks for driving in the hills with an EV.
Awesome write up of your experience. Thanks for sharing. I have never seen such a crisp write up with all the essential details weaved in. I am sure you must have taken a lot of efforts to summarise, so a big thank you.
Keep writing more!

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th February 2024 at 20:15. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
m2badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 15:39   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they replaced the controller.
Is it still holding good? Any advice from SC to prevent its re occurrence?
Old 20th February 2024, 22:45   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Is it still holding good? Any advice from SC to prevent its re occurrence?
Yes.

The controller stopped working. But generally cell balancing through 100 percent charge through slow charger is a good practice for every 3rd or 4tyh charge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks