Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2023, 20:05   #976
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Ah that could be it, the steering was indeed turned towards the left, however this is the first time I am actually noticing this and I have had the car for 1.5 years! I will give it a test tomorrow.
I figured this out even before getting my car by reading through the manual online (yes I am that kind of jobless person). And I should say I love this feature especially on dark country roads and it is next only to auto hold in my EV Max. Many friendly security guards at my office have pointed out to me about this "malfunction" and I had to explain that it is a feature not a bug. Unless one drives it, it is difficult to see how this helps and I have had people ask me why not keep the fog lamp on at all times instead of switching it on when cornering.
Old 30th December 2023, 21:28   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
Planning to upgrade on my Max too. Is it much better than the stock ones?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
It's worth the upgrade, go for it.
Please watch this video and make sure you personally supervise the LED installation and ensure the bulbs are put in with right orientation.

Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 14:21   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Please watch this video and make sure you personally supervise the LED installation and ensure the bulbs are put in with right orientation.

https://Youtu.be/YPaScDuCFLI?feature=shared
Thanks!Will definitely do that.

Are they same spec?

Turbo roast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 17:51   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
Thanks!Will definitely do that.

Are they same spec?

Yes, different labeling on package is what I understood - Blaupunkt has only one bulb with these specs anyways.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:44   #980
BHPian

Hello Community,

Not sure if this has been answered before. I am looking to jump on the EV bandwagon - The condominium I stay in will setup a separate meter for the car, which will be charged at INR 10/ unit.

Can anyone please advise how much that roughly translates into per KM costs? MOst of my driving will be city traffic - Gurgaon - Noida - Gurgaon!

Appreciate the inputs.
Old 5th January 2024, 17:44   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In hindsight should have stuck with Prerana motors
Very disappointing experience I must say, these guys are not trained and they just do it on trail and error basis. Even Prerana motors is not that great when it comes to changing bulbs, the guy who installed the LED's on my Safari also messed it up with the throw being off. They just want to somehow fit in the bulb inside the assembly and wash their hands off.

To add to that, even some technicians at the service center do not have patience to check and headlight throw after changing bulbs. They will say the bulbs are fitted properly and it should work fine. So after couple of attempts, asking them to fix it I personally removed the bulbs and adjusted them perfectly. Now the beams light up the roads nicely and I am happy with the setup.

Sandeep - In your case, I believe, the bulbs are not aligned properly and something is causing the shadow to show up. As we can see from the pictures, it is the same set of shadows on both sides and the left one is little smaller. I would suggest you to remove them and reinstall again yourself, or may be ask another technician to do it. Or we can try sometime, if we can catch up for a coffee
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 18:09   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Can anyone please advise how much that roughly translates into per KM costs? MOst of my driving will be city traffic - Gurgaon - Noida - Gurgaon!
Taking that you are looking at long range version. Say you will be able to drive 280 kms in one charge. Now to charge a 40kwh battery, you will spend 42 units (adding 5% losses). So one charge will cost Rs.420. Based on this, your per km running cost will be Rs 1.5.

Having said that why will a separate meter cost a different rate than the prevalent electricity rates?
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 18:21   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Hello Community,

Not sure if this has been answered before. I am looking to jump on the EV bandwagon - The condominium I stay in will setup a separate meter for the car, which will be charged at INR 10/ unit.

Appreciate the inputs.
My driving efficiency in Bangalore traffic with AC always on and normal ICE like driving averages in 120s and 130s Wh/km. Taking 135 Wh/km for calculation gives : 40,500/135=300km for a full charge.

Battery capacity being 40.5 Kwh and with some units taken for charging and conditioning we can conservatively take 45units as the required units for full charge of 0 to 100%. At Rs 10 per unit that should cost you 10x45=Rs450 and for a range of 300Km comes to Rs 1.5 per km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I would suggest you to remove them and reinstall again yourself, or may be ask another technician to do it. Or we can try sometime, if we can catch up for a coffee
Thanks a ton Sunay, you are right - the LEDs were totally off and I have corrected it, the throw is good now but theres still a bit of dark spot in front of lights which I think is due to misaligned housing and I will have to to lift up the lights a bit using those adjustmemt screws. Took some photos of the light and I can see the beam clipping the bottom of the housing in front of projector lens that I think is causing the dark spots. This will be an exercise for another day and another place - I have disturbed enough couples in our university campus for my light R&D that I am scared to go back there again

On the coffee - its on me and we should catch up one of these weekends.

Last edited by Sandegov : 5th January 2024 at 18:36.
Sandegov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 19:30   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This will be an exercise for another day and another place - I have disturbed enough couples in our university campus for my light R&D that I am scared to go back there again

On the coffee - its on me and we should catch up one of these weekends.
Ha ha, that was a good one. I can get my safari as well to disturb some more couples before they hunt us down ROFL. Will call you sometime
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 07:58   #985
BHPian

I've observed that my Nexon EV max loses its auto hold after a minute or so after pressing the brake and stopping in traffic. This is a dangerous situation, especially if one is not mindful. I intend to get this rectified when I give it for my 3rd service next month. Any else faced this issue?
Old 7th January 2024, 08:38   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
I've observed that my Nexon EV max loses its auto hold after a minute or so after pressing the brake and stopping in traffic. This is a dangerous situation, especially if one is not mindful. I intend to get this rectified when I give it for my 3rd service next month. Any else faced this issue?
Mine applies parking brakes on long stops with auto hold, this is as per design and same in my 700 too. Does your car roll after the auto hold is released on long stops?
Old 7th January 2024, 09:44   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Mine applies parking brakes on long stops with auto hold, this is as per design and same in my 700 too. Does your car roll after the auto hold is released on long stops?
My car used to deploy parking brakes earlier but of late it just releases auto hold and if I'm not careful the car will roll either forward or backward depending on the scope of the road
Old 7th January 2024, 10:00   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
My car used to deploy parking brakes earlier but of late it just releases auto hold and if I'm not careful the car will roll either forward or backward depending on the scope of the road
That sounds scary! definitely needs a check up at ASC. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 7th January 2024, 11:43   #989
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is the New facelift EV Nexon. Looks nice but I am sorry to say that the fit and finish is still lacking.

There is a lack of under thigh support in the seats. Broad acres of hard plastics abound. The screens and all that aren’t in the same class as the MG ZS EV. (Don’t let’s get too jingoistic about Chinese and Indian and all. Tata really has a long way to go to achieve the standards of the Koreans and Chinese.)

The Nexon does cost about 21 -22 odd lacs on road and that is not a cheap price. It does have nice wide opening doors front and rear. But the Tata Dealership chaps seem to be pretty confused folks. They cannot find the key for test drive! So after waiting for 20-25 minutes after giving our details and license etc, we simply drove away.Considering multiple things I would hesitate to go with a Tata vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_4533.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 12:11   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is the New facelift EV Nexon. Looks nice but I am sorry to say that the fit and finish is still lacking.

There is a lack of under thigh support in the seats. Broad acres of hard plastics abound. The screens and all that aren’t in the same class as the MG ZS EV. (Don’t let’s get too jingoistic about Chinese and Indian and all. Tata really has a long way to go to achieve the standards of the Koreans and Chinese.)

The Nexon does cost about 21 -22 odd lacs on road and that is not a cheap price. It does have nice wide opening doors front and rear. But the Tata Dealership chaps seem to be pretty confused folks. They cannot find the key for test drive! So after waiting for 20-25 minutes after giving our details and license etc, we simply drove away.Considering multiple things I would hesitate to go with a Tata vehicle.
Pretty spot on - as a NexonEV Max owner I totally understand and agree to what you are sharing here . This should not come as a surprise at all - the folks at most Tata dealers and service centers, from my personal experience, are very unorganised and disjointed with very little oversight from the manufacturer. Their QC and finish on new cars are a big let down.

I am glad your experience with Tata was a short one and lasted only 20-25 mins, you got lucky. MG and others are definitely much more mature products and worth the little extra they command in price. I have heard there are some good discounts too. Give them a try and if there is anything in specific you would like to know about Nexon feel free to DM me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks