Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2023, 20:52   #871
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Push them for a courtesy car as this is clearly warranty issue. And if they are not able to provide ask them to reimburse for cab bills
That’s the plan for tomorrow. He neither confirmed not denied today. Used cab today. Have my weekly off tomorrow so will push for its taking time.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 17:34   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hey guys I had kept my Ev max jet for 2nd service and when I asked about the software update to increase range to 453km I was told its not available.
Tata had said that February 15th onwards Ev max can be updated to increase range to 453km. Has anyone got the update installed.
One of the mrf wanderer street tyres of my Ev max developed a side wall crack any idea if it will covered under warranty by mrf. Car is 6 months old
Hello, I gave my car for the service, when connected to the service computer there was a software update and the service centre updated it, how ever I did not notice much increase in real world range of the car.

MRF tyres are notorious for side wall damages take it to MRF tyre shop chances are they may not give you a replacement.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th May 2023 at 17:47. Reason: spacing for readability
krv09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 17:54   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krv09 View Post
MRF tyres are notorious for side wall damages take it to MRF tyre shop chances are they may not give you a replacement.
MRF gave me a new tyre free of cost. About the update I will check again next month. Not in a hurry as its just some 17 kms more increase in range.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 18:05   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krv09 View Post
I gave my car for the service, when connected to the service computer there was a software update and the service centre updated it, how ever I did not notice much increase in real world range of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
About the update I will check again next month. Not in a hurry as its just some 17 kms more increase in range.
Last week of April, I had finally booked a slot to get the second key setup. One day prior to the appointment, I got a call from the SC saying there is a mandatory update and if they open a job card for key update the vehicle is not allowed to leave the SC without the software update. I was actually looking forward to the update, but they said if the update fails in the first attempt, they might need to keep the car for one more day as its a relatively long update and there is some backoff time in the system before a next attempt can be made.

Since I had some errands and a trip planned the next day I was a bit hesitant, I asked them if the update can be deferred for later, but was told it has to be done. Anyway there were no hiccups and the update went through on the first attempt itself and I got the car back same day evening.

Coming to the results post upgrade, honestly I have not noticed any improvement or degrade. I did a long trip (Kochi --> Bangalore) post the update, and the range was more or less same as my previous trips. Even the SoC drop per day for my office commute remains the same.
varkey is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 15:00   #875

Hi folks, I paid for booking on 6th May, despite stock availability the show kept delaying my PDI. The salesman called and said I’ll be able to PDI today. I guess after PDI I’m required to make the payment for the car (no loan). Any tips for negotiating? I’ll be taking the insurance and maybe some electrical accessories (if an
Old 16th May 2023, 17:38   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_ag View Post
Hi folks, I paid for booking on 6th May, despite stock availability the showroom kept delaying my PDI. The salesman called and said I’ll be able to PDI today. I guess after PDI I’m required to make the payment for the car (no loan). Any tips for negotiating? I’ll be taking the insurance and maybe some electrical accessories (if an
Hi folks, I rejected the car shown to me. I’m looking for input from folks here. There were a quite a few misaligned panels and window liners. The liner on the driver side window had split. Maybe I’m expecting too much from Tata motors. I’m attaching some (not all) pictures. Should I ignore cosmetic defects like these? SA has said he’ll take me to stock yard to show me another one. Unfortunately stock yard is far…
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1164.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1163.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1161.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1169.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1172.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1162.jpeg
nikhil_ag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 04:27   #877

Quote:
Hi folks, I rejected the car shown to me. I’m looking for input from folks here. There were a quite a few misaligned panels and window liners. The liner on the driver side window had split. Maybe I’m expecting too much from Tata motors. I’m attaching some (not all) pictures. Should I ignore cosmetic defects like these? SA has said he’ll take me to stock yard to show me another one. Unfortunately stock yard is far…
I ended up getting a pick between 2 cars at the stockyard and finalized one with least number of defects. I was initially offered another car at another showroom but the SA realized midway through PDI that it had already been allocated. All 3 cars were much better, IMHO, than the first one, which I had rejected. I’ll post pictures that will help compare.

My review of the dark edition is that it looks great and is worth the extra 50k. Like others, I’m not a big fan of the back. The tail light design leaves a lot to be desired. Interiors feel fantastic. The dark edition comes with a larger 10” screen which also looks much better than the original 8”. Along with the wireless CarPlay, the larger screen and the color I think it’s 50k well spent.

Btw, I did ask about the facelift and some dealers are accepting bookings for it. The facelift will add a 10” screen to all Nexons, I think it’s the same one as I’m getting in the dark edition. No 360 view cameras. Both front and back get updated looks.

For 360 view I have a quote of 36k to retrofit on this car preserving stock system and warranty. I’ll likely go for it.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1189.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1190.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1191.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1186.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_1200.jpeg
nikhil_ag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 10:09   #878

Quote:
For 360 view I have a quote of 36k to retrofit on this car preserving stock system and warranty. I’ll likely go for it.
Is this quote from the dealer or is it after market?
Old 21st May 2023, 12:31   #879

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashusrt View Post
Is this quote from the dealer or is it after market?
After market. Glamour Car Accessories in Koramangala.
Old 29th May 2023, 00:01   #880
FNM
BHPian

I recently test drove a Nexon EV Max. It was a dealer’s test drive vehicle and had done 11000km. I was surprised to see that although the battery was at 75% charge, the range being shown was only 145km! Is this normal? At 75% charge, I would have expected the range to be around 200km or more.
For reference, I was driving the car in normal mode (or comfort mode, or whatever it is called).
I would be grateful for your comments.
Old 29th May 2023, 00:47   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
I was surprised to see that although the battery was at 75% charge, the range being shown was only 145km! Is this normal? At 75% charge, I would have expected the range to be around 200km or more.
The DTE figure is not very accurate, it depends on your driving pattern ie the consumption for the last 20-30 kms. You should mostly be keeping an eye on the energy consumption per Km which is displayed as a Wh/Km number. If it’s around 130-140 on a Max, you should get around 300 Km range.
varkey is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 00:53   #882
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
The DTE figure is not very accurate, it depends on your driving pattern ie the consumption for the last 20-30 kms. You should mostly be keeping an eye on the energy consumption per Km which is displayed as a Wh/Km number. If it’s around 130-140 on a Max, you should get around 300 Km range.
Right. But then how does one gauge how much range is available?
Old 29th May 2023, 10:38   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
Right. But then how does one gauge how much range is available?
How do you do it in an ICE car? It is always based on the driving style of the last few kms. To give you an example - Say you started from your home with tankful and x kms range being shown on an ICE car. You did a spirited drive for around 10 kms. this will bring down the average of an ICE car and the estimated range as well. Now you put on cruise control at a decent speed of 90kmph. After 10-15 odd kms from DTE increases so how do you predict how many kilometres you are going to run.

In short, this in not an EV problem. No manufacturer irrespective of the fuel type can give you an exact range your car will cover. It is only dependent on your driving style. You usually learn it over time when you drive the car based on your driving patterns that how much will it run. It is more difficult to gauge the same in TD cars as they are mostly abused by different drivers with spirited driving for short distances.
ferrarirules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 08:45   #884
BHPian

Hi guys, I've been thinking of booking a nexon ev max dark. One of my main reasons to get the dark edition is that awesome 10 inch touchscreen but i am hearing rumours of the same screen making way into the lower variants also. Should i continue with the booking or wait for some time? Will there be any increase in price for the touchscreen?

This guy in Youtube posted a video about this:
nithishsaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 14:14   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithishsaba View Post
Hi guys, I've been thinking of booking a nexon ev max dark. One of my main reasons to get the dark edition is that awesome 10 inch touchscreen but i am hearing rumours of the same screen making way into the lower variants also. Should i continue with the booking or wait for some time? Will there be any increase in price for the touchscreen?

This guy in Youtube posted a video about this:
https://Youtube.com/watch?v=oMyduZ9pVLM
Tata Nexon is expected to get a major facelift this year, hopefully before Diwali. If you can wait till then, you can get all the latest amenities.
souravdas808 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks