Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 19:29   #721
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quick few observations/data points on range at 1000km of ownership:

Car : Nexon ev max xz+ lux
Delivered : Nov 2022
Current odo : ~1000 km
Usage: Bangalore traffic 100%, 24-25°C Auto AC, 2-3 person always, 34-35 psi tire pressure, City Mode, Regen level 1, charged always on 7kw home charger with first charge from below 10 to 100% and subsequent charges from 20s to 100%. Haven't done a second 10-100 charge yet. My charges usually takes 4-5 hrs and it's proving to be pretty quick and super convenient to me.

With the above I am hitting 134-135Wh/km with my normal driving - very few hard acceleration and braking. This gives me about 300km full range and about 250km usable range before I put my car on charge. With a conscious drive for range under same conditions as above I have managed to get it to 120s as well. My range and %SOC has been pretty linear in the sense that the SOC level drops very linearly and I haven't observed any spikes/sudden drops.

My DTE has been all over the place showing even 406km@100% after my second charge but it's settling down and getting more closer to real word range. My trip A gets reset after each charge and my trip B is a running one and after I have reset my trip A the Wh/km calculation starts with a high number and settles down to a true number at about 90-100km distance.

Inclines/elevations seems to be a major factor in EV range - to give you an example, my morning school drop off drive is a 15km round trip with an onward journey consisting of a pretty consistent overall uphill drive and I do it with a 4% SOC drop whereas my return journey takes only 1% SOC

Last edited by Sandegov : 9th January 2023 at 19:58.
Sandegov is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 23:37   #722
BHPian

Tata Passenger Electric Mobility teased its line up for the Auto-expo 2023.

Link :

https://twitter.com/tatamotorsev/sta...MrQwGDVQIV6mAA
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-0614caf19af544e1b08aee8728f12c93.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 17:41   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
On that note are there any Bangalore/South India based support groups for Nexon EV owners and how do I join them?
Please join the pan India TG group by signing up on google forms, then you will be directed to region specific group. DM me for google form link.
arpanjha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 18:40   #724
BHPian

Recently travelled to Mysore and back. Charged at Zeon Mysore, it was seamless. While I reached mall of Mysore 48% SoC left.

I had another trip to Kuppam and back. While going, I went through Kolar as per google maps. Roads were pretty much non existent and narrow through jungles. While coming back, I came through Krishnagiri, roads were really good. Charged at zen AC 43KW charger at Aaradhya grand while going (although not needed) while having breakfast and while coming back stopped by at Surya complex and charged a bit at DC charger Zeon 50 KW. While charging at Zeon AC 43KW, it was not showing SoC or time to complete either at the dashboard or the app, but it did charge at 7.2 KWh.
sumannandy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 09:35   #725
BHPian

Tata has updated their app / backend images to show the correct color of the car in ZConnect app. Earlier while logging in used to get an error "Error downloading car images" and app used to show the Teal car with white roof. Now it shows the correct color which is Grey in my case. A very small change but improves the aesthetics a lot.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_8185.png
prateekchanana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 15:13   #726
BHPian

Zeon Charging seem to have come up with an auto charge feature, so basically you just plug in the gun to the car and it starts charging automatically. No need for the mobile app or RFID. They basically tag your vehicle's ID which is available over CCS2 to your Zeon account/wallet so the amount gets deducted from the wallet.

As per the call with them just now, they said, the feature is available for the Nexon EV Max, and if the car was charged at a Zeon station sometime in December 2022 or after, the vehicle identifier could already be captured and they can enable it. I was not at a station, and wanted to get it enabled prior to my next trip, so was told they will check if the details are available and let me know if the tagging is successful. Otherwise was asked to call when I am at the charging station so that they can capture it and tag right away. They didn't seem very enthusiastic to retrieve the information from my charging session in early December, so I might just have to give them a call during my next trip.

Overall, this is an awesome feature, and makes charging on the go even more convenient, I just hope the other operators also bring this feature.

A video I found on YouTube (not mine) -

Last edited by varkey : 15th January 2023 at 15:28.
varkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 16:00   #727
BHPian

What amazes me is that Tata Nexon EV sells more than Honda City ICE based on average monthly sales in CY2022, and almost as much as the Honda Amaze ICE.

Keep it going Nexon EV and all other EV and non-EV offerings from Tata Motors, may the force be with you!
vharihar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 17:48   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Zeon Charging seem to have come up with an auto charge feature, so basically you just plug in the gun to the car and it starts charging automatically. No need for the mobile app or RFID. They basically tag your vehicle's ID which is available over CCS2 to your Zeon account/wallet so the amount gets deducted from the wallet.

As per the call with them just now, they said, the feature is available for the Nexon EV Max, and if the car was charged at a Zeon station sometime in December 2022 or after, the vehicle identifier could already be captured and they can enable it. I was not at a station, and wanted to get it enabled prior to my next trip, so was told they will check if the details are available and let me know if the tagging is successful. Otherwise was asked to call when I am at the charging station so that they can capture it and tag right away. They didn't seem very enthusiastic to retrieve the information from my charging session in early December, so I might just have to give them a call during my next trip.

Overall, this is an awesome feature, and makes charging on the go even more convenient, I just hope the other operators also bring this feature.

A video I found on YouTube (not mine) - https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=nI3e9iL2Rac

Yes, worked for my max out of the box. No need to select time/duration... Etc. Great way to ease the charging experience.
sharathkamath04 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 13:35   #729
Senior - BHPian

In case of an EV, what would be difference between hill descend control and highest regeneration levels? I believe a level 3 regeneration will virtually ensure a well-controlled downhill movement of car over slopes.
Old 18th January 2023, 18:36   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Quick few observations/data points on range at 1000km of ownership:

Car : Nexon ev max xz+ lux
Delivered : Nov 2022
Current odo : ~1000 km
Usage: Bangalore traffic 100%, 24-25°C Auto AC, 2-3 person always, 34-35 psi tire pressure, City Mode, Regen level 1, charged always on 7kw home charger with first charge from below 10 to 100% and subsequent charges from 20s to 100%. Haven't done a second 10-100 charge yet. My charges usually takes 4-5 hrs and it's proving to be pretty quick and super convenient to me.

With the above I am hitting 134-135Wh/km with my normal driving - very few hard acceleration and braking. This gives me about 300km full range and about 250km usable range before I put my car on charge. With a conscious drive for range under same conditions as above I have managed to get it to 120s as well. My range and %SOC has been pretty linear in the sense that the SOC level drops very linearly and I haven't observed any spikes/sudden drops.

My DTE has been all over the place showing even 406km@100% after my second charge but it's settling down and getting more closer to real word range. My trip A gets reset after each charge and my trip B is a running one and after I have reset my trip A the Wh/km calculation starts with a high number and settles down to a true number at about 90-100km distance.

Inclines/elevations seems to be a major factor in EV range - to give you an example, my morning school drop off drive is a 15km round trip with an onward journey consisting of a pretty consistent overall uphill drive and I do it with a 4% SOC drop whereas my return journey takes only 1% SOC

That's very encouraging to me, since most 50% of my usage will be in Bangalore traffic and will be booking a max variant soon.
Just wanted to know if its worth the price to go for Lux version, or is there any good use for the additional features that's provided. I am planning to go for the base variant of Max.

Last edited by babureddy : 18th January 2023 at 18:38.
babureddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 19:25   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
That's very encouraging to me, since most 50% of my usage will be in Bangalore traffic and will be booking a max variant soon.
Just wanted to know if its worth the price to go for Lux version, or is there any good use for the additional features that's provided. I am planning to go for the base variant of Max.
With the new pricing I would suggest you go with the lux variant - it now comes at a lower price than when it was launched if I am not wrong. Below are the LUX specific features and my comments against it:

Leatherette seats in beige : Positive - My preferred choice over dark/fabric ones.
Wireless phone charger : Neutral - Never used it.
Auto lights : Strong positive - Works well and very useful.
Auto wipers : Strong positive - Works well and very useful.
Auto IRVM : Strong positive -Works well and very useful.
Sunroof : Neutral - good to have.
Ventilated seats : Positive - have used it few times and it's handy.
Rear armrest with cup holder : Positive

Hope this helps you in your decision making.

I would definitely recommend the 7kw charger, specially if it's going to be your city beater car and you are conscious/ocd about charging it to 100% always to balance the cells. It may seem expensive at 50k+wiring cost (if any) but its worth it when you consider the added flexibility you get for the entirety of your ownership (assuming your sanctioned loads and meter wiring is ready to use, otherwise factor in additional spends for them and take a call - in my case an additional sanctioned load, even for +1kw, would have costed me more than 25-30k just in bribes)

Last edited by Sandegov : 18th January 2023 at 19:55.
Sandegov is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 20:32   #732

My observations after 10000km on Nexon EV max.
We had taken delivery in month of june 22', which was among the first batch of cars that delivery soon after the launch.

This was our first EV. The driving experience was great and I don't want to buy an ICE vehicle anymore.
We attempted first long drive of 600 km with no idea about fast charging. It took us extra 4 hours compared to ICE vehicle to make that trip and lot of range anxiety. The charging infrastructure in Andhra Pradesh is bad with very few chargers, if at all there, they were not working.

Now after doing 10,000 km in 7 months there is lot that has changed specially in our mindset and also the charging infrastructure. recently we made a 1300km roadtrip, without any issues. the important thing is to watch for Wh/km.

Few issues with EV charging right now
1. Few DC chargers have waiting time when other cars are charging, sometimes there are no other option but to wait until they finish there charging which can take upto 1 hour extra
2. Ev route planner apps are non existent. Even Tata EZ app don't have route planner app. Zconnect app does not show most of the TATA charging stations
3.Most irritating part is downloading all the app of the DC charging providers and topping up the wallets, its high time that government to bring something like UPI or fastag to address this issue

in my experience ZEON is has the best service among all the EV charging providers
krv09 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 11:59   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krv09 View Post
2. Ev route planner apps are non existent. Even Tata EZ app don't have route planner app. Zconnect app does not show most of the TATA charging stations
I thought PlugShare is decent for route planning, you can plan and save the route on desktop website and follow it in the Android app. Worst case you can open the desktop version of the site on mobile browser for route plan/modification. I believe the iOS app has route planning, but have not tried it.
wocanak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 12:11   #734

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
I thought PlugShare is decent for route planning, you can plan and save the route on desktop website and follow it in the Android app. Worst case you can open the desktop version of the site on mobile browser for route plan/modification. I believe the iOS app has route planning, but have not tried it.
it's kind of a big process to navigate, and also new chargers are not being updated in those websites, as you mentioned app version does not have all the functionalities if I am not wrong, but one good thing is plugshare takes into account the elevation also which is good.
Old 22nd January 2023, 12:23   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
I do hear a "kat" sound while accelerating but have never heard any sound while braking or decelerating. Please do get it checked.

Have you been able to find the cause or solution for this sound? Has this sound existed since day one, or started after some time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
Yes. there is a knocking/ clicking noise when you take the feet off the accelerator and the moment you put the feet back on. Sounds similar to lose engine/ motor mount. My max is going for its second service next week. This is the only issue I am facing as of now.
Were you able to get the knocking/clicking sound resolved? Has this sound existed since day one, or started after some time?

I test drove the Nexon EV Max yesterday and found the exact same issue. It's a bit annoying in an otherwise very silent car.

Last edited by tarunjain : 22nd January 2023 at 12:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks