Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2022, 13:55   #691
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinshastry View Post
Update : Just after writing the above post, received a call from the service center that Tata has escalated this to the A/C unit vendor and they have agreed to replace the entire air conditioning unit worth Rs 54,000 under warranty. This has finally brought some relief after nearly a month of "headache".

This is another lesson to me not to neglect the heater during PDI checks. During the PDI, I just checked if the A/C is cooling and ignored the heater, as we rarely use it. This caused me to go through all this. Else I could have rejected this particular car then and there itself. But Tata needs to really work on its QC aspect.
Good that it was replaced and the issue is fixed now, but a normal person without the knowledge of PDI would expect the car to be without any issues from the factory. Even a tech savy person can not check each and every function of the car before delivery.

What about underbody components? And all other stuff which is not visible to the naked eye? It is the duty of the manufacturer to give us a brand new and a fully functional car.
yesyeswe is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 16:32   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
A Happy and Sad and Angry moment:

Got my Nexon EV Max 7.2 KW White delivered on Christmas Sunday.

The sad (and angry) part:
While driving the car on Monday we noticed that the Heater was not working so we
I am hopeful that Zedex Tata is able to replace this without any hiccups and visible damage.
This should not be totally unexpected from Tata and seemingly not a big reason to worry too much. Technicians are well versed in overhauling the AC and should be able to handle this like a breeze.

Some cars have the AC evaporator under the dashboard and the only way to replace it is to entirely tear everything apart. That might have been a good reason to worry.

Apart from the heater not working (should not be correlated to the AC, fingers crossed) I am confident that this job will be handled nicely and you will not notice anything lesser than a new car. Also, to keep in mind that the dealer is not entirely responsible here and is only doing the best to resolve the problem in the quickest manner.

Last edited by iron.head : 29th December 2022 at 16:34.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 17:58   #693
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors delivered its 50,000th EV, a Tata Nexon EV,
to Mr. N Chandrasekaran - the Chairman of Tata Group.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_175547.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221229_175550.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 18:22   #694
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone been using the ZConnect app. The SA is asking me for Pancard and Aadhar to activate the same. on asking why, he just told me it's needed. I am not very comfortable with the idea of sharing these documents.

Any one has an idea why the documents are needed?
Old 29th December 2022, 18:31   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Motors delivered its 50,000th EV, a Tata Nexon EV,
to Mr. N Chandrasekaran - the Chairman of Tata Group.

Attachment 2396620

Attachment 2396621

Link
Hopefully the niggles go away now that he gets first hand experience
SanSabh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 19:35   #696
BHPian

Quote:
A Happy and Sad and Angry moment:

Got my Nexon EV Max 7.2 KW White delivered on Christmas Sunday.

I am hopeful that Zedex Tata is able to replace this without any hiccups and visible damage.
Quoting my previous post to give an update.

The service center folks stayed true to their words and got the car ready today morning. I could not make out any deformations or issues with fitting back the front bumper and other components. Thankfully no scratches or any visible marks anywhere. I am happy with the work carried out.

I checked the AC and Heater, both were working fine. But when I was driving the car today evening I faced a weird issue. I have set the temperature for Climate Control to 28 and as expected warm air blows from the vents, but after a minute or so the air started becoming cold and then after another minute or so would go back to warm air. The cold air is not like AC cold, but normal weather cold. It doesn't get chilly in the cabin when the cold air is blowing. I am not sure if this is a feature to maintain the temperature or is this an issue that I should get checked from the service center. Can other owners please help me with this?

Quote:
Update : Just after writing the above post, received a call from the service center that Tata has escalated this to the A/C unit vendor and they have agreed to replace the entire air conditioning unit worth Rs 54,000 under warranty. This has finally brought some relief after nearly a month of "headache".

This is another lesson to me not to neglect the heater during PDI checks. During the PDI, I just checked if the A/C is cooling and ignored the heater, as we rarely use it. This caused me to go through all this. Else I could have rejected this particular car then and there itself. But Tata needs to really work on its QC aspect.
Glad to hear that they have agreed to replace the entire unit and hopefully the issue goes away completely.

But I can feel your sentiments, a new car should not be spending lot of time at the service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Got my GFX mats delivered today and they are a pretty good fit........

I got these mats for ~Rs 3500 from carhatke, I am sure these could be had for about Rs 3000-3200 if you can find them in local accessory shops.
I installed the same mats today after getting my car home. They are really good mats and a good fit on the Nexon EV Max. I am also using these mats in my XUV700 for last 7 months and i am happy with them.

I got the mats for 2300 directly from Galio, which is the company that manufactures them. But I went to their shop in Kashmere Gate in Delhi to get this price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
This should not be totally unexpected from Tata and seemingly not a big reason to worry too much. Technicians are well versed in overhauling the AC and should be able to handle this like a breeze.

Apart from the heater not working (should not be correlated to the AC, fingers crossed) I am confident that this job will be handled nicely and you will not notice anything lesser than a new car. Also, to keep in mind that the dealer is not entirely responsible here and is only doing the best to resolve the problem in the quickest manner.
Thank you iron.head for encouraging words. The service center staff has been really good on this issue, from putting there best person who was trained at Mahindra plant to getting the car ready within promised time. The car looks as new even now and hopefully this would be forgotten when i am enjoying the drive.
Route66 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 20:00   #697
BHPian

Quote:

I installed the same mats today after getting my car home. They are really good mats and a good fit on the Nexon EV Max. I am also using these mats in my XUV700 for last 7 months and i am happy with them.

I got the mats for 2300 directly from Galio, which is the company that manufactures them. But I went to their shop in Kashmere Gate in Delhi to get this price.

Coincidentally I own a XUV700 too . I got the OEM 3D mats from Mahindra and they are the best I have seen so far - fits perfect, footprints don't show up and the quality of the material is great too. For me Mahindra has been at next level compared to Tata through and through - dealership experience, paint quality of the vehicle, fit and finish on the car, quality of accessories etc etc.

Rs 2300 is a terrific price , its a steal for me at that price. My India post bill showed Rs 500+ as the shipping bill so looks like the seller is keeping around Rs 700 margin, I am very happy with the product even at Rs 3500 and felt they are totally worth it.

Quote:
I checked the AC and Heater, both were working fine. But when I was driving the car today evening I faced a weird issue. I have set the temperature for Climate Control to 28 and as expected warm air blows from the vents, but after a minute or so the air started becoming cold and then after another minute or so would go back to warm air. The cold air is not like AC cold, but normal weather cold. It doesn't get chilly in the cabin when the cold air is blowing. I am not sure if this is a feature to maintain the temperature or is this an issue that I should get checked from the service center. Can other owners please help me with this?
Looks normal to me - my car is set at 25C on Auto AC most of the time and on cold Bangalore mornings it starts with cool air and then blows warm air after some time, I have seen it switch between warm and cool air a few times as well during the drive.

Last edited by Sandegov : 29th December 2022 at 20:07.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 11:09   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshatR View Post
Hi,

Has anyone been using the ZConnect app. The SA is asking me for Pancard and Aadhar to activate the same. on asking why, he just told me it's needed. I am not very comfortable with the idea of sharing these documents.

Yes since they use an esim for telematics between your phone and the car, the documents are needed for KYC. Aadhar I am sure but Pan Card I am not so sure.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 11:12   #699
BHPian

Unofficial: Tata is already acquiring space for Dedicated EV Service

I have received unofficial confirmation that Tata has already acquired space(1 in Electronic City atleast) to start managing Service of EVs independently.

I was also told that all showrooms are being directed to do so if possible. Let's hope that it happens soon.
shamanths3 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 13:15   #700
BHPian

Quote:
At first, I escalated the issue to the sales team at the dealership. I waited for 10 days and after getting no response, escalated the issue to Tata motors.
Oh man, Shimoga dealers are just apathetic to customer's needs and complaints. They don't care about a prospective customer in the first place, so after sales is a next level headache.

Hope you get your issues sorted out quickly. From my experience, I would suggest you to keep following up, and never wait for them to reach out to you proactively, because they never do.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 22:33   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Coincidentally I own a XUV700 too . I got the OEM 3D mats from Mahindra and they are the best I have seen so far - fits perfect, footprints don't show up and the quality of the material is great too. For me Mahindra has been at next level compared to Tata through and through - dealership experience, paint quality of the vehicle, fit and finish on the car, quality of accessories etc etc.
I agree with you, Mahindra has been on a different level compared to Tata with everything. I bought accessories worth 30K from Mahindra because i felt they were worth the money. But i only got the Mud flaps from Tata. Anything else was either of poor quality or not in stock. But credit to both the dealers for not pushing any accessory during the purchase.

Quote:
Looks normal to me - my car is set at 25C on Auto AC most of the time and on cold Bangalore mornings it starts with cool air and then blows warm air after some time, I have seen it switch between warm and cool air a few times as well during the drive.
Thank you for the information. This helps a lot to put to rest my fear of some new issue with the car. But i did inform Tata Service center about this today and they have promised to look into it. I will send my car to them next week just to make sure it is working normally.
Route66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 03:30   #702
BHPian

Quote:
[b]A Happy and Sad and Angry moment:

I was attended to quickly and upon knowing that it was a new car, they immediately started to work on it. Upon inspection it was found that the car does not have the AC gas in it which is resulting in AC and heater not working, which is weird (or maybe outside my understanding) because the heater is supposed to be working through a heating coil and not through the radiator heat. So they filled up gas and found out that the pressure was reducing which meant there was a leak somewhere in the line. The leak was then diagnosed to the Condenser unit which meant replacement of the condenser.
Hey Route 66,

Sad to hear about your experience with Tata Motors but glad to hear that you are getting a new condenser out of this story because, honestly, that does not look like a condenser that has come off an almost brand new car.

Try to be present when they fit the new condenser back to see they don't mess up again.

Looks like the infamous Tata QC (or lack of) is still very much present even though Tata fanboys keep saying it is improving.

I would certainly never put 18L of my hard earned money on any Tata vehicle - but that's just me!

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 12:13   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshatR View Post
Hi,

SA would already be having your PAN Card for TCS. Normally Aadhar is sufficient for KYC, but if he has misplaced the PAN copy you have given for TCS, then he might be asking it again.
Prasidhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 00:51   #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Good that it was replaced and the issue is fixed now, but a normal person without the knowledge of PDI would expect the car to be without any issues from the factory. Even a tech savy person can not check each and every function of the car before delivery.

What about underbody components? And all other stuff which is not visible to the naked eye? It is the duty of the manufacturer to give us a brand new and a fully functional car.
True. Its the duty of every manufacturer to provide us a stress free ownership experience with a new car. Its not only important to have a very good product, but the overall ownership experience you provide also matters a lot. Tata is the perfect example of this: company with excellent products but screwed up QC, service and customer care. By the way, the replacement unit has not been fitted yet. Just today I visited the service center and I was happy to see the replacement unit had already arrived. This was pretty quick. The part was ordered on 29th evening and it reached the dealership by 31st afternoon. I have been requested to drop my car on Monday (January 2nd) for the replacement and the have been told that it may take 2 to 3 days as it needs the entire dashboard to be stripped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Some cars have the AC evaporator under the dashboard and the only way to replace it is to entirely tear everything apart. That might have been a good reason to worry.
I am at this exact situation. The replacement of the A/C control unit needs the entire dashboard to be removed. . I am very worried about it. But I have no other option. I am just waiting for all this to get over so that I can enjoy the new car with a peace of mind. All I can do is just pray that everything is done smoothly. The only silver lining here is that the service team has been very helpful and considerate. Even though its not their fault. the technical advisor who is handling my car has apologized multiple times for everything I am going through with a new car. He kept assuring me that he would definitely do his best to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Whenever I call or visit the service center, he attends me with utmost patience and answers all my questions. Such small gestures make us forgive the inconvenience caused to us. Since the EV team in the dealership is still new, I can understand they need some time to diagnose the issues and I am fine with it until they are able to solve the issue. I never felt ignored at any moment. Highlighting this because I am dealing with Ather too simultaneously for a charging issue in my scooter and their Bengaluru service center experience has been opposite to this. They never admit there is an issue with the scooter and I often feel the issue is being neglected by the service team. Due to this my scooter has been struck in Bengaluru since the last 2 months. Anyways, this is a topic for a different post.

Quote:
Quoting my previous post to give an update.

Glad to hear that they have agreed to replace the entire unit and hopefully the issue goes away completely.

But I can feel your sentiments, a new car should not be spending lot of time at the service center.

Glad that your issue got solved too. Also good to hear that the GFX mats fit well. I too ordered the same from carhatke.com and awaiting delivery. I had ordered 7D mats at the dealership and had specifically mentioned to get the mats for the Max and the ones for the prime version would not fit well. But again, they received the prime mats which did not fit as expected. Then I rejected it and ordered online. I was a bit skeptical if this would too turn out the same and being my first experience shopping on this site, was not very sure if they would have an easy return policy. But yours and Sandegov's experience has cleared my doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
Oh man, Shimoga dealers are just apathetic to customer's needs and complaints. They don't care about a prospective customer in the first place, so after sales is a next level headache.

Hope you get your issues sorted out quickly. From my experience, I would suggest you to keep following up, and never wait for them to reach out to you proactively, because they never do.
Yes. Thats the general attitude with sales with majority of the companies. Once a sale is done, the customer becomes sort of a stranger. Have you also faced such issue with this dealer? If yes, please share it. I am curious to know.

I am following up with them on a daily basis. Today I directly approached the sales manager to discuss the charging box issue. I told them that it would almost be a month since the delivery of the car and its disheartening to see the issue left unresolved. I also added that I am experiencing government office vibes dealing with them, where I am made to repeatedly visit them for getting the issues resolved with a brand new car. They said that they are getting a Max billed to them in a couple of days and they would give me the box that comes with it. They would place my defective box in that car and then pressurize Tata to replace it as they are of the opinion that its easy to get a replacement on a car that has not been sold yet rather than one that has already been sold, as there would be a delivery timeline pressure. I am not sure how true this is, but anyways its their headache. A good thing is even though they avoid you on mobile, when approached in person, they at least don't ignore you. I felt the EV team here to be a lot better than their Bnegaluru counterpart. The situation in my case has been that the dealer is waiting for Tata to resolve the issue; Tata has been waiting for Legrand to solve it and Legrand is trying to put the blame on the person from Tata power who installed it. Unfortunately, I am the one suffering finally in this blame game .
sachinshastry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 15:19   #705
BHPian

Tata motors have managed to dispatch 3,868 units of Evs for the month of December-22.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-0b12d95177cc4ee5983927be26f4d981.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-b9f6f46c84c74dd3919013d0244c2565.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd January 2023 at 23:39. Reason: Images inserted in-line.
XRoader_001 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks