Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2023, 21:35   #946
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
Yes this is one way and you are right, a 900 mtr descent to sea level. But surprisingly, I get same efficiency on the return, unlike what you are experiencing. Maybe because Bangalore to Hassan is uphill and also has a lot of headwinds which negate the gradient drop advantage of Charmady ghat.

Here’s what I got on the return last week. Hope to better it.
May I ask you whether you are into cycling ? because for an ev it is good to have a cycling brain.
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 21:40   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
May I ask you whether you are into cycling ? because for an ev it is good to have a cycling brain.
Haha yes I am indeed. Have clocked close to 21,000 km on the saddle till date. Most of it office commute in the early years and more recently recreational rides including a climb to Ooty from Gudalur last December.

How did you make that connection?!’
navinmra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 22:24   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Haha yes I am indeed. Have clocked close to 21,000 km on the saddle till date.
That is impressive.

Quote:
Most of it office commute in the early years and more recently recreational rides including a climb to Ooty from Gudalur last December.

Well only a cyclist will know the pains of a head wind. The ascent and descent is more obvious. Not to mention the apriori bias that a cyclist will have towards buying an EV. Few other clues are an obsession to efficiency and split stream driving.

Last edited by electric_eel : 17th November 2023 at 22:27. Reason: typo
electric_eel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:38   #949

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Trip report -

Just concluded a one night trip to Jaipur. Now there nothing special about going from Faridabad to Jaipur. The distance is 260-280 kms (depending on route taken) and can be easily covered by Nexon EV Max.
What is that App you are using to locate all the charges on the route ? Any App you can suggest which can provide us all the charger locations regardless of service provider ? I mean something which can provide consolidated data.

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd November 2023 at 11:47. Reason: Please avoid quoting full long post. Thank you!
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:52   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious24by7 View Post
What is that App you are using to locate all the charges on the route ? Any App you can suggest which can provide us all the charger locations regardless of service provider ? I mean something which can provide consolidated data.
There is an app called Plugshare which displays the locations of EV chargers all around the world irrespective of the CPO. There are many features like trip planning, even pics and reviews of the chargers are available in the app.
nithishsaba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:33   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithishsaba View Post
There is an app called Plugshare which displays the locations of EV chargers all around the world irrespective of the CPO. There are many features like trip planning, even pics and reviews of the chargers are available in the app.
Also not to miss the is elevation planning on plug share, onwards and return legs are not always similarly efficient, I learned to use this to my advantage. It may sound overwhelming but actually its fun
mally2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 17:09   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious24by7 View Post
There are two apps - Plugshare and EVARC.

1. Plugshare is an international app. It is community collaborated charger database.

Pros
1. You can do trip planning with elevation changes.
2. You can enter your car's range, it helps you plan trip legs correctly making sure that your charging stop is within your car's range.
3. It also allows you to leave a review for the chargers helping other users understanding the charger reliability

Cons
1. It doesn't guide you to the app needed for using the specific charger
2. It doesn't give you status of the charger
3. There can be chargers listed which might not been active yet as it is community based update.
3. The mobile app has lesser features that the desktop site

2. EVARC is a home grown app similar to plugshare. But not purely community driven.

Pros
1. You can do trip planning. It has a lot of settings:
Basic settings
1.You can select your car
2. You can select if you will keep the AC on or not
3. You can select the cars current battery level

Advanced settings
1. How far from the route should it search for the charger?
2. Estimated wh/km you will use.
3. Minimum battery level that you want to go to
4. Maximum battery level you want to charge to before moving on.
2. If you want to use a charger, It takes you to the charging provider's google play store page
3. It does provide you the status of the chargers and its last updated time.
4. It also allows you to leave a review on for the chargers helping other users, understanding the charger reliability

Cons
1. There is no community based update. You cannot add a charger if you find one that is not listed
2. It doesn't have a desktop site
3. There is no app for apple users as of yet
4. It doesn't list IOCL chargers as of now
5. As it is developed by someone and provided free of cost (with no crowd sourcing data), i don't for how long and how well this will be supported in the longer run.

Last edited by ferrarirules : 23rd November 2023 at 17:30.
ferrarirules is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 22:22   #953
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
There are two apps - Plugshare and EVARC.
Someone on TeamBHP had also mentioned Ionage.in earlier. I haven't tried it, only looked at the website. Minus: it only supports a few (Bharat Petroleum, Zeon, Relux, MG, a few others). Plus: for the supported ones you can charge directly from the app not need to download a separate app for each vendor. I am not likely to take a long highway trip for many months but all this info is useful!
rsidd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 10:31   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Someone on TeamBHP had also mentioned Ionage.in earlier. I haven't tried it, only looked at the website. Minus: it only supports a few (Bharat Petroleum, Zeon, Relux, MG, a few others). Plus: for the supported ones you can charge directly from the app not need to download a separate app for each vendor. I am not likely to take a long highway trip for many months but all this info is useful!
Yes, Ionage is also there but it doesn't list all the chargers and also it is a gateway to use BPCL chargers. Zeon and Relux don't have chargers in north so no experience.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 14:12   #955

Wow, overwhelmed with all the awesome info from you guys!! Thanks much!
Old 25th November 2023, 10:53   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well only a cyclist will know the pains
You said it . Cyclist's especially the commuter's & tourer's can make good hyper-milers.

After all it is the legs which are replacing the engine, so i guess we "Literally" feel it...

My Hypermiling mode in EV is, almost like returning from some long distance touring or century rides where i am maximizing range with the least effort on the legs.
EV Fan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 18:15   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Quick few observations/data points on range at 1000km of ownership:
Quote:
Update at 2000kms:
Update at 1 year/6500kms:
Usage and positives:
The car is serving well as a city beater car and my wife has started to use it more often as well - this one is proving to be a perfect city car to ferry kids around and go about your errand drives without having to worry about anything.
  • 300+kms on a full charge is easily doable under any traffic conditions.
  • 100% Bangalore city usage. This is strictly used in city limits only and XUV700 does the duty on highways.
  • Trip B stands at 6200+kms now with an overall efficiency of 115Wh/km.
  • The car is always charged from ~20% to 100% with the 7kw charger at home and it takes about 4-5 hrs to charge - continues to be super convenient in terms of charge frequency and duration for my usage. It was DC fast charged only once just to test and ensure there were no surprises there.
  • AC always on, tyre pressures maintained between 34-35 psi always, City mode, I keep flipping between Regen level 1 and 2.
  • Excellent audio quality.
  • No rattles or squeaks so far.
  • Driving for long hours in peak Bangalore traffic does not stress you at all.
  • Fun to drive. Everytime there's a bit of an open road and the kiddo goes - papa, sports mode pleeeeease
  • Extremely low running cost.

Additions:
  • Added JKTreel tpms to all 4 tyres. Got a good deal at about Rs600 per sensor installed. Working well so far and super helpful in keeping an eye on the tyre pressures. The app off late has stopped coming up on Android Auto display, hope the developers fix this soon.
  • Added DDPAI Mola N3 Pro dual channel dash cam. Did a DIY installation with power coming from the 12V power supply at the front. App and cameras working well so far.
  • Wheel balancing and alignment done at TP/Madhus, was a standard affair and nothing out of ordinary.
  • Got the HVAC combi filter instead of paper pollen filter during third service, this along with AC drain pipe cleaning that I got done during 3rd service seems to have fixed the foul smell issue that I was facing for a very long time.

Niggles, Issues and things that could have been better:
  • Haven't received any call from TATA or ASC for the much talked about software update to increase the range. Enquired during my service and the folks at the service center were clueless about it. Same goes with recalls/service actions - the SA asked me to check with sales department on this
  • The car continues to lose time on the clock and goes slow. ASC seems to have no clue on how to fix this, software updates during services dint fix it.
  • Foul smell from AC, I get a strong moldy foul smell every time I start the AC and the air does not feel fresh at all. This issue has been there from a long time. Highlighted it during 3rd service and the SA said all TATA cars are like this and you should not use the car for first 5 mins after starting. Said thank you for that and asked him to clean the drain pipe and change filter at the least.
  • Fogging on windsheild, there is always a thin film of mist/fog forming on the windsheild and it becomes an issue with visibility during nighttime. ASC has no clue on how to check or fix this.
  • Headlights don't feel adequate on roads without streetlights.
  • Larger seats with better support.
  • Missing cupholders continue to be a big inconvenience.
  • Prefer a stick shift anyday over the slow rotary drive selector, quick U or 3 point turns always ensure I get some good stares and honks on road.
  • While ventilated seats are good, I would have preferred to have the switch to operate it somewhere on the dash or door where it is visible. Operating it while driving is just not safe or convenient + there's no way we can turn it off on the passenger side after you have dropped them.
  • The music doesn't stop when you switch off the car, it continues to play and turns off only after the drivers side door is opened and then shut. Not a big fan of this design.
  • The music doesn't stop when you unlock-open door-enter-exit-close door from passenger side, the driver side door has to be opened and shut for the music to stop.
  • 6 month servicing interval.
  • TATA ASC, Key Motors Mysore Road service center in particular.

Last edited by Sandegov : 27th November 2023 at 18:20.
Sandegov is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 09:17   #958

Quote:
Update at 1 year/6500kms:
  • Got the HVAC combi filter instead of paper pollen filter during third service, this along with AC drain pipe cleaning that I got done during 3rd service seems to have fixed the foul smell issue that I was facing for a very long time.
Thanks for sharing your experience. A lot of the issues echo my own.

I'm having trouble sourcing the paper pollen filter. None of the service centers have it in stock. How does the HVAC combi filter perform? Does it improve AQI inside the cabin compared to the surroundings?
Old 9th December 2023, 09:56   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogues View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. A lot of the issues echo my own.

I'm having trouble sourcing the paper pollen filter. None of the service centers have it in stock. How does the HVAC combi filter perform? Does it improve AQI inside the cabin compared to the surroundings?
The HVAC combi filter is performing pretty well - the AQI numbers get down to single digit after turning on the AC and its reusable - can be washed and put back since its a plastic mesh type filter.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 20:20   #960
BHPian

Quote:
The HVAC combi filter is performing pretty well - the AQI numbers get down to single digit after turning on the AC and its reusable - can be washed and put back since its a plastic mesh type filter.
Have you measured the air quality using a monitor? That is the only sure way of finding out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks