Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2022, 23:33   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Silver View Post
This just hit me. Is this just me or the instrument cluster looks very similar to that of KIA Carens. I might be wrong, however I felt this to be a direct part sharing between both brands.
Yes, it is the same cluster that debuted in the Carens. Looks meh, in my opinion. Venue originally had an elegant and classy analogue instrument cluster. Definitely a change for the worse.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:46   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Yes, it is the same cluster that debuted in the Carens. Looks meh, in my opinion. Venue originally had an elegant and classy analogue instrument cluster. Definitely a change for the worse.

I Completely agree on this, these new Digital clusters are a mix bag, they have great opportunity for customization, however in the current Avatar they are too plain jane. Specially in the tacky color options. & That's one thing which I don't like about my own Carens , (hope my better half doesn't read this) rest probably I will live with it.
Old 17th November 2022, 19:15   #33

Informative thread. Thanks.

Next week, I will be taking delivery of Hyundai Venue N-Line N8. I have a question. Answers appreciated.

Is my variant eligible for Anti-Theft discount? This car comes with factory fitted burglar alarm. Also, it has connected car technology (Hyundai Bluelink). I am not sure if this qualifies as ARAI approved device.
Old 10th December 2022, 15:31   #34
BHPian

1 month with Venue N line

It's been almost a month since I took delivery of my Polar White dual tone Venue N line. Sharing initial ownership review

Buying Experience
I was strictly looking for automatic car owing to traffic situation in Bangalore. I would have preferred a sedan but market for these has really shrunk. Had looked at Baleno and i20 but given sloppy state of roads, decided to go for a compact SUV.
I test drove Venue, Kiger, Sonet and Nexon. Nexon had AMT which I didn't like. I was completely sold on Kiger's design but it's interior, sound system and camera are different story altogether.
Remained Venue and Sonet, Kia made this decision easy as Sonet AT had waiting period of 1 year :|
I also liked rear design of new Venue, so we booked Phantom Black Venue DCT, since that color really complemented the LED strip at rear.

Our waiting period was ~4 months, and ~2 months later Venue N line was launched. While we were fixated on exterior black color, which N line didn't have, it's black + red accent interior swayed us, plus amount of features added(4 disc brakes, auto dimming IRVM ) were really enticing. We ended up switching our booking to Polar White with black roof. Bonus was ~1 month was shaved off from waiting period

We got the car from Trident Hyundai, Whitefield and whole experience was quite good.

Ownership Experience
  • I'm fond of car's look and exhaust sound. The car is a looker and I've seen this on roads too with people turning heads.
  • Driving is pretty smooth, steering is a bit heavy than normal Venue which is a plus point. We have a Creta Diesel at home, so I feel quite comfortable driving this car as well.
  • Sports mode makes driving very responsive and that's what i use on open roads. Eco mode is something I avoid as car feels dead.
  • Suspension feels fine to me, was a bit worried given this variant has a bit of stiff suspension but I'm not feeling much difference till now.
  • City FE is ~10 kmpl with bumper to bumper BLR traffic. Did one highway drive and saw trip FE reach 17-18 kmpl.
  • Black and red interiors look good. In car entertainment system is quite smooth as well.
  • Bluelink is a hit and miss. It allows me to do some settings remotely, view car status but its car location feature is not real time. If car is in basement where signals are limited, bluelink will not be able to fetch it and it doesn't even store location of car when it had signal access previously.
  • Dashcam is decent and has an app to retrieve data(you have to be in car to do that).
  • Auto headlights and ORVM with puddle lamps which open as you approach the gate are very welcome features.

What I don't like
  • Lack of wireless android auto which is available in lower variant. I would have swapped this feature with Bluelink if option was provided since I don't use those features that much.
  • Lack of back illumination of driver door buttons. Only window roll down button is illuminated, quite inconvenient when going to malls etc and have to unlock car for boot. Looking for some DIY solutions to illuminate that button.

Some pics

Name:  IMG20221128WA0060.jpg
Views: 1832
Size:  96.5 KB

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-pxl_20221125_105644886.mp.jpg

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-pxl_20221128_042519941.jpg

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-pxl_20221204_105140215.jpg
skyfire2892 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 01:43   #35

AMA—Got my new Venue NLine N8

Got it a couple of weeks back from Advaith Bangalore, that too in a pretty unique and interesting color, Shadow Grey.

Was split bw Sonet and Venue N8, went the N8 way.
10/10 with experience so far—ask me anything
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue N Line Review-b2e43889e1c745b9bc1140fcf71c6d87.jpeg  

dotcombubbled is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 17:01   #36
BHPian

Congratulations skyfire2892 and dotcombubbled on your new acquisition.

2 questions for you two:-
Waiting period - what is the duration for the 2 variants?
How is the performance of the LED projector headlamps in city and highways driving conditions?

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 20:53   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Congratulations skyfire2892 and dotcombubbled on your new acquisition.

2 questions for you two:-
Waiting period - what is the duration for the 2 variants?
How is the performance of the LED projector headlamps in city and highways driving conditions?

Regards
Nikhil

1. My waiting was 50 days (booked on day 2 of launch) but it has gone beyond 3 months for sure now.

2. LED projector — 8/10
3. Highway Driving conditions — 9/10, love it. Feels agile for a CSUV frame. Drives better than Nexon and XUV 300 et al

Even city driving with slightly stiffer suspension is pretty good. Trust me you wouldn’t notice. I had a slipped disk condition earlier and always wanted a good suspension and tested N Line VS Normal venue plenty of times. Pretty satisfied. Build quality speaks volumes.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th December 2022 at 22:55. Reason: Minor typo.
dotcombubbled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 18:26   #38

Hi fellow Team BHPians, firstly big thanks to TBHP admins for allowing me to be a part of the group (after trying twice before in last 7 years).

I recently became an owner of a shadow grey Venue N Line N8.

Brief facts:

Booked on: 26th Oct 2022
Delivered on: 28th Nov 2022
Dealer: Pavan Hyundai (Electronic City, Bangalore)
Rides owned: Ford Fiesta 2008, Ford Figo 2012 Tdci (first car), Ford Freestyle 2020 P T+, Hyundai Venue N Line N8 2022 (Current ride)

Reasons to shift from Ford to Hyundai: Sadly Ford has left India, and though there would not have been much issues to procure service and parts, but putting mind over heart I had to move out from Ford.

Vehicles in contention:

1. Xuv 300 W8 (O) Turbo - Was keen on this but lack of a proper automatic and the compromised bootspace (family of 5, frequebt road trips)
2. Nexon XZA+ (P) - Again lack of proper automatic
3. Brezza ZXI+ TC - lack of power, somehow did not connect with the drive and feel, interiors though improved still lack the premium appeal
4. Venue N Line N8 - loved the auto transmission, for sure one of the best. Interiors felt premium, drive and feel was quite satisfying, plus add to it the sporty appeal. Sealed the deal for me.

My experience so far: Have driven around 800kms and the drive has been a pleasure, dct is butter smooth and a hoot to drive, went of few highway drives and the ride & handling have been exceptional (unlike other hyundais) add to it the mileage has been exceptional (17-19km/L). Fell in love with the colour (not a day went by when i have not looked back and just gazed in awe of it).

Ask me if anyone has any queries!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue N Line Review-410d14ad14394a32bd0f6a068d455a6c.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-92cd5d438306483b8ac146e4262caa35.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-0ab1e7ec7f74481db3b0918a6037db8a.jpeg  

DriftDevil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 00:15   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDevil View Post
add to it the mileage has been exceptional (17-19km/L).

Ask me if anyone has any queries!
Congrats on the ride man! I too got my Venue N8 on 23rd November. Shadow Grey.
Lovely color, isn’t?

Haven’t driven on Highway much (expect one trip to airport)

Is 17-19 kmpl your just the highway mileage?

So far I’ve driven 480 KMs and I’m getting 10-11kmpl, except one airport trip which gave me 14kmpl
dotcombubbled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 09:59   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcombubbled View Post
Congrats on the ride man! I too got my Venue N8 on 23rd November. Shadow Grey.
Lovely color, isn’t?

Is 17-19 kmpl your just the highway mileage?

So far I’ve driven 480 KMs and I’m getting 10-11kmpl, except one airport trip which gave me 14kmpl

Hey thanks man! Congratulations to you too on the new ride!

Yes! definitely the colour is unique and a head turner for sure

It’s a mix of highway and city, Getting around 13-14 km/L in city, Highways max i have got is 19 km/L (far better than what i expected)

The only let down are the below average headlights, though ok for the city they are quite underpowered for highway rides.
Old 20th December 2022, 12:07   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDevil View Post
Hey thanks man! Congratulations to you too on the new ride!

Yes! definitely the colour is unique and a head turner for sure

It’s a mix of highway and city, Getting around 13-14 km/L in city, Highways max i have got is 19 km/L (far better than what i expected)

The only let down are the below average headlights, though ok for the city they are quite underpowered for highway rides.
Oh no, I'm never able to clock 13+ figures in the city.
My usual route is Indiranagar > HSR/Bellandur. Proper bumper to bumper traffic.
- Are you taking your car out in odd hours/traffic less hours?

- What should I do? Don't thing nowadays mileage improves after 1st service

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
1 month with Venue N line

It's been almost a month since I took delivery of my Polar White dual tone Venue N line. [*] City FE is ~10 kmpl with bumper-to-bumper BLR traffic. I did one highway drive and saw trip FE reach 17-18 kmpl.
Little assuring to see I'm not the only Venue N8 owner getting ~10 KMPL in BLR Traffic. Amazing to know that the other owner in this thread (2 comments above) is getting 15 KMPL+ in BLR city only.

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th December 2022 at 14:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Old 20th December 2022, 17:08   #42

@dotcombubbled, @DriftDevil and @skyfire2892 Congratulations on buying a new Venue N line.

I am expecting my Venue N line to get delivered next week so What are your suggestions for genuine accessories? your feedback on tyres, horn or things I should consider upgrading.

Can you guys please share the details regarding insurance cost, extended warranty, Hyundai shield of trust, any discounts or add-ons I should ask for.

I have seen multiple reviews on youtube but I feel ownership experience can give a lot more details about a car so please share any other suggestions even pictures will be helpful.
gunanksood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 18:24   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcombubbled View Post
Oh no, I'm never able to clock 13+ figures in the city.
Hey my usual route too covers HSR, Bellandur, Indiranagar in the same peak traffic hours. Few things that i usually do are:

1. No hard revs, i let it increase gradually and no rev launches at traffic signals
2. light foot as they say, always pressing the A pedal gradually and keeping a constant distance from the front car
3. Let the car idle first time when you start, let the revs settle at around 0.8/0.9 never drive immediately on a cold start

hope these help!

On the 1st service, the mileage does increase a bit but again u need to follow the above pointers to churn out the optimal mileage.

P.S. i do drive hard once in a while but i generally prefer patient driving (i think with years of driving i have found out hard revving in traffic situations doesn’t really make you reach quicker to your destination)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunanksood View Post
@dotcombubbled, @DriftDevil and @skyfire2892 Congratulations on buying a new Venue N line.
Hey, thanks!

Accessories: I opted for Sun visors, 3d mats, door guards, mud flaps, finger guards, scuff plates and key chain

You can get these outside as well but I prefer genuine accessories fitted by the company itself to last more and provide peace of mind.

Tyres: I received my car with MRF wanderers and they are quite ok, not that noisy, grip and comfort levels are fine so did not bother upgrading as of now. The only gripe I have are the headlights as just about ok; this really needs an upgrade since fogs are not there anymore; still trying to find a solution to this.

On discounts I doubt any dealer will provide anything, especially after the news has come out of the inevitable price increase from Jan 2023, you can press hard on the insurance, I got it with all the covers for 40K. No other discounts as such.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th December 2022 at 19:05. Reason: Back to Back POsts mereged. Trimmed Quoted post. Please proofread before posting.
DriftDevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 18:56   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunanksood View Post

I am expecting my Venue N line to get delivered next week so What are your suggestions for genuine accessories? your feedback on tyres, horn or things I should consider upgrading.

Can you guys please share the details regarding insurance cost, extended warranty, Hyundai shield of trust, any discounts or add-ons I should ask for.

I have seen multiple reviews on Youtube but I feel ownership experience can give a lot more details about a car so please share any other suggestions even pictures will be helpful.

Big big congrats on your upcoming car mate.

My reccos:

Warranty — Take Hyundai Shield of Trust. I Got it at 9k I think

Accessories:

1. Horn — it is more than okay. Has a nice tone. Don’t bother replacing. Anyway loud horns are for uncivilised and uneducated roadies, not for sophisticated drivers. In india, as a practice, we shall honk less as 99% of times I observe it’s highly unnecessary.

2. Tyres — even I thought of replacing the stock MRF wanderers as there are more comfort oriented ones like Michelins or Bridgestone in the market, given this vehicle has a slightly stiffer suspension

But I decided against it as MRF seems not to bad but they’re average at best. People recommend selling them off right from showroom to get the best price out of stock ones.
(To know which tyres: check my profile > posts by me > someone recommended me tyres on Sonet thread)

I’m kinda 7/10 satisfied with these tyres and I do have a back issue (at least used to have but now okay — had slipped disk)

So Sonet also has slightly stiffer suspension compared to normal Venue, guessing it’ll be on par with N Line when it comes to stiffness — so few owners opt for comfort oriented ones.

3. Side Step — would totally recommend specially when you’re in a city like bangalore. Not for climbing on vehicle but to safeguard your vehicle against hooligans— bikers / autos trying to overtake all the time and brushing against your vehicle is a pleasure to them. To save your bottom of door part. Gives protection against few other things on road as well

I have been meaning to search something which is minimal one (for protection) and has least textual branding. The original one has big “Venue” written all over it and it seems pretty unclassy. Or rather any accessory which writes the car name looks very ugly and cheap.

I’m also looking for aftermarket side step which looks subtle and nothing that should spoil the look of an already sophisticated looking car. Will let you know in case I find anything.

4. Other accessories— one can opt for garnish for fenders and light area and all, but trust me, vehicle looks best without any of cheap stuff on it, be it original accessory or aftermarket. Do you see many luxury car owners sticking stuff on their vehicles—no, right? Car is lovely at its naked best tbh.

Rather invest this money in a good ceramic coat. Will totally recommend it. Try to get it on day 1 and speak to Detailers beforehand

5. Headlights — few people complain about lights as well, specially on highways but I think it’s not needed. Above average for sure. I think many delhi roadies are pretty much into high beams all the time and they want throw of light such it puts sun to shame
In short, not needed unless you really feel so after a couple of night drives on highways.

Add ons :
1. They shall give you full body bucket mats for sure and maybe car cover also. But mats for sure.
Mats are really nice.

2. Don’t expect much discounts but try your best.

3. So the dead foot pedal is uncovered from mats and the fabric is exposed. I think when you put your muddy footwear on that fabric, it’s gonna absorb it and is obviously not very easy to clean.

So look for solutions for that. Maybe a small Vinyl sheet which can protect that area and on top of that put your original Hyundai bucket mat.

In short,
1. Side step — strong yes, given it’s kinda minimal and doesn’t take away the beauty
2. Shield of Trust
3. Ceramic coat — please get it done but not from dealer.
4. Headlights (only if you yourself feel it’s necessary)
5. Tyres — only if you think it’s necessary and your driving “connoisseur” experience tells you that you’d make out the difference.
dotcombubbled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 11:04   #45
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. Man, you didn’t do the car justice by adding very few photos!

One doubt though, why would any car manufacturer in their right mind sell side steps for a small crossover? But I suppose all the logic goes out the window when they label them as SUVs anyway!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks