Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2023, 12:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue N Line Review

Recently did a short trip to Adiyogi centre near Bangalore. The last 2-3 kms of road is not yet built and is quite slippery due to lot of sand. I must say car was able to handle the road quite nicely, plus hill control is a god send feature. I saw a lot of cars struggling on slopes as there was much congestion but I did not face a lot of issue.

Tip: Don't go to this place in weekends unless you want to spend an hour itself in parking lot.

A pre departure snap
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue N Line Review-pxl_20230604_1109115522.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th July 2023 at 11:36. Reason: Minor spacing
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 13:21   #62

Really disappointed with the headlights of my Nline, on my trip to ooty and wayanad it was pretty evident that if you want to drive in the night you need to be below 80kph to be able to see properly, thankfully on the hairpins the cornering lights were very helpful. Has anyone tried upgrading their lights with something better, if yes please share details and any other inputs to survive with these headlights. TIA.
Old 29th June 2023, 15:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
1 month with Venue N line
[*] Dashcam is decent and has an app to retrieve data(you have to be in car to do that).
Can you help which app to be used for managing dashcam - I got N8 last week. Thanks in advance
Old 29th June 2023, 18:09   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Can you help which app to be used for managing dashcam - I got N8 last week. Thanks in advance
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....motrex.motcam
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 19:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Thanks again - and for the new N8 owners the dashcam wifi password is 12345678
Old 30th June 2023, 10:31   #66
BHPian

BHPians - i came from past 15 years with 1.3 DDIS Oil burner to Gasoline 1.0 Turbo - so i believe the concept of cooling down (by idling engine for couple of minutes) turbo after heavy driving remains same for both fuel types
Old 30th June 2023, 13:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_0228.jpg

Got my N8 Shadow grey Venue 20 days back, have already completed a trip to Himachal and done with 1700 kms together with first service. This car replaces our Baleno CVT which had done just 18000 kms but i was fed up with the poor return to center action on the steering and numerous rattles.

The only contenders were Sonet and Venue, Venue won because of the stiffer dampers, rear discs, better exhaust note and the lovely Shadow Grey shade.

Upgraded the stock audio with Blam components, Sony XM GS4 4 channel amplifier, Infinity sub and damped all 4 doors and boot. Also swapped the crappy MRF's for Yokohama Blu earth in stock size.

What's good
- Coming from a Maruti, the heft of doors, NVH, interior quality and the switchgear is a level above.
- The turbo petrol engine is fun when you are in the mood for it, can effortlessly cruise at 110-120 all day with the 7 ratios available.
- The handling was a pleasant surprise for me, we have a new gen Creta at home too but this car handled the ghats effortlessly, rides absolutely F-L-A-T on expressways.
- 4 disc set up is very confidence inspiring, a big step up for me coming from a Baleno. I also have a 330i and the braking is just a notch below that car which is commendable.
- I have changed to Yokos so for me the tyre noise is well controlled and the ride has become cushier. Suspension works silently for the most part.
- AC performance is excellent, miss the UV cut glass which was there in Baleno though.
- Gear changes are butter smooth and seamless, kick down takes atleast a second to kick in.
- Front seats get A+ for long drives, drove solo 11 hours from Himachal to Delhi with no pain or discomfort noticed during the drive or next day.
- Excellent service by the dealers - casually called at 11 am to book the first service on a saturday and they promptly picked up the car within 2 hours, just paid 2000 for underbody coating.
- Company fitted dash cam, just wish they develop an app to copy videos directly to my phone.
- The ICE touch screen has lovely graphics and very fluid to use without any lag.

What's not good
- Steering has more heft than normal but is devoid of any feel or feedback.
- With stock audio, the doors made an irritating noise with bass heavy songs, read online that this is common with Venue.
- This engine+gearbox combo loves to gulp fuel, returns 10-11 in city and 14-16 on expressways, my 330i with more than twice the power returns same FE.
- You can feel some vibrations at idle as its a 3 cylinder engine
- The DCT is tuned for FE as it keeps upshifting in comfort mode, had to use paddles in ghats as the engine went out of its turbo zone multiple times due to this behaviour.
- Seat ventilation is a big big miss, should have been there.
- Rear seat space is a bit tight, missing rear armrest on newer models now.
- LED head lights are weak, way better than Creta but still average.

Issue - I dont know if anyone has noticed this but the lowest part of front windshield has a sort of concave/convex view and this gets very irritating in the hills, not noticeable in city, need to check if our Creta has the same issue.

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_0312.jpg

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_0319.jpg

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_0325.jpg

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_0346.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 30th June 2023 at 13:12.
coolboy007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 21:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Upgraded the stock audio with Blam components, Sony XM GS4 4 channel amplifier, Infinity sub and damped all 4 doors and boot. Also swapped the crappy MRF's for Yokohama Blu earth in stock size.
Neat setup!

How did you manage the usual (borderline) threats of "your warranty will be voided" by the dealer any time an accessory over the factory setup is to be added?
actinium15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 02:29   #69
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car and great colour choice! Wanted to know if damping the doors have solved the vibration issues because I face the same issue currently in my 4 year old Venue and wasn't looking to upgrade the speakers, just looking damping options.
aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 19:34   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
How did you manage the usual (borderline) threats of "your warranty will be voided" by the dealer any time an accessory over the factory setup is to be added?
Oem couplers were used to connect new components on separate wiring and nothing was cut/tapped into from the original wiring. There is no ground for the dealer to deny any warranty claim and i don't think Hyundai is too fussy about these things like some german manufacturers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Congratulations on the new car and great colour choice! Wanted to know if damping the doors have solved the vibration issues because I face the same issue currently in my 4 year old Venue and wasn't looking to upgrade the speakers, just looking damping options.
Yes, it has completely solved the irritating jarring noise from the front doors when the bass hits. You can just damp the front 2 doors, it would solve the issue.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 11:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Damping does help, I have the Taigun GT plus, had similar rattling issue on bass heavy songs. Got damping done and issue is resolved. No need to upgrade stock speakers.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 10:50   #72
BHPian

Did anyone notice that this car's engine temp comes to normal in less than 1 km of startup - ofcourse it does stay in range there after - however i am coming from 15 years of DDIS engine and hence noticed.
This may be the reason for some past news of DCT getting over-heated
BHPians - any thoughts.
Old 19th July 2023, 11:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone notice that this car's engine temp comes to normal in less than 1 km of startup ... DDIS engine and hence noticed.
This may be the reason for some past news of DCT getting over-heated
BHPians - any thoughts.
Unsure about the latter half of the question, but petrol engines do come up to Normal Operating temp faster than their diesel counterparts.

Comes down to the Thermal Efficiency of diesel as a fuel. Lesser heat is generated when combusting diesel as compared to petrol.
ballfry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 10:40   #74
BHPian

Is anyone experiencing a beep sound from infotainment system - every time car hits a bad pothole ? I went to service center and they have no idea about it.
Old 26th July 2023, 14:42   #75

Quote:
Is anyone experiencing a beep sound from infotainment system - every time car hits a bad pothole ? I went to service center and they have no idea about it.
The beep is not from the infotainment system, it is from the dashcam when it starts emergency recording.
DriftDevil is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks