Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2023, 21:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Audi Q3 Review

So a friend of mine from Gurgaon just picked up the new Q3 in Glacier White (supposedly the first delivery in India).

Everything looked fine and good, but then what caught my attention blew my mind!! A 50 Lakh premium car doesn’t get a Push Button Start in today’s day and age, whoever specced the car for India has definitely made the biggest blunder of his life!

I’m guessing it was the Premium Plus variant in question. And to make matters even worse Audi India doesn’t even have a brochure available on their website where one can see the actual difference in features between the Premium Plus and Technology variant!

If anyone has seen the Premium Plus variant in person or has a brochure with the detailed variant differences, that would be great. And please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 20th January 2023 at 22:04.
Old 21st January 2023, 20:19   #32

This was shared by gurgaon rep a while back. Hope its useful.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Audi Q3 Review-img20220912wa0017.jpg  

Old 21st January 2023, 22:35   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I’m guessing it was the Premium Plus variant in question.
Yes this is the PP version. This is not clear from the gradewalk as PP has “remote key without safe lock” which doesn’t intuitively imply good old fashioned key insert start.
Another point is the aluminium finish difference between the two versions - Here it is mostly not so bad for PP as only the door inserts which host the ambient lights are missing, along with a touch of chrome finish on EPB, and window controls. So these look all black. Not a dealbreaker IMO. Also, the virtual cockpit housing still has a chrome outlining but is less thick that what is there in the technology version. In my experience, the big miss between tech and PP version is the electric boot as the car is so well built that one actually needs to out an effort to close the tailgate, not to mention the “luxury” quotient of pressing a button and walking off.

On push button start, I find it to be a somewhat silly feature from an enthusiast perspective. Getting the pulse of the car with a key start feels more connecting than pressing a button like it is a microwave oven or something. I do get that there are hardly any luxury segment cars which do not use push button start so it maybe frustrating from that angle. And cars which have a keyless entry as well (like the technology version), there is an added ergonomic ease as you can say come out of the gym with keys in your bag and you can get going without disturbing your belongings.

To put it in a “glass half full” perspective, I feel PP version is significantly high VFM as the car looks absolutely the same from outside and your are getting a proper 4x4 in the mid 50 lac range.

Most Viewed