Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2024, 11:40   #91
BHPian

Re: 2022 Audi Q3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
On lack of auto-hold, I have been using pulling the EPB at stops which works quite well in conjunction with the auto-engine-start/stop function. As the engine gets cut on signals, the car goes into D rather than stay in D1 (where I believe pulling EPB means more friction between the brakes and engine trying to move forward).
I used to do this as well, always flip the EPB at stops and let the car be in D with auto engine cut off, but I have noticed if the AC is consuming too much power, the auto engine off shuts off and car shifts to D1, so now I have started putting it in N all the time and engaging EPB only if there is a slight incline/decline.

I have emailed Audi India to see if they can fit Auto Hold and Ambient lightning for our cars. Would love to have auto hold at least.
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 12:51   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On lack of auto-hold, I have been using pulling the EPB at stops which works quite well in conjunction with the auto-engine-start/stop function. As the engine gets cut on signals, the car goes into D rather than stay in D1 (where I believe pulling EPB means more friction between the brakes and engine trying to move forward).
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
I used to do this as well, always flip the EPB at stops and let the car be in D with auto engine cut off, but I have noticed if the AC is consuming too much power, the auto engine off shuts off and car shifts to D1, so now I have started putting it in N all the time and engaging EPB only if there is a slight incline/decline.
I'm not sure of this rationale.

When the engine restarts (i.e. automatically as per the algorithm), do you 'feel' that the gearbox is engaged and actually trying to move the vehicle forward? I would have thought that even if it shows D1, the clutch plates are not physically engaged until the accelerator is dabbed.
Old 1st January 2024, 13:46   #93
BHPian

Quote:
I have emailed Audi India to see if they can fit Auto Hold and Ambient lightning for our cars. Would love to have auto hold at least.
I was also thinking of emailing them, would one to pile on this one. What email id did you mail on, if you could share, I will do my bit as well.
Old 1st January 2024, 13:50   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'm not sure of this rationale.

When the engine restarts (i.e. automatically as per the algorithm), do you 'feel' that the gearbox is engaged and actually trying to move the vehicle forward? I would have thought that even if it shows D1, the clutch plates are not physically engaged until the accelerator is dabbed.
I have not “felt” it per se, but a non scientific rationale is that if the car didn’t want to engage the clutch, it would not bother shifting itself to D1 or vice versa i.e. if the car moved from D to D1 it must have made the necessary effort (clutch engagement and engine pull etc.), so that sort of logic.
Old 1st January 2024, 14:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
I was also thinking of emailing them, would one to pile on this one. What email id did you mail on, if you could share, I will do my bit as well.
I emailed them on: customer.first@myaudi.in
Old 1st January 2024, 14:47   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I emailed them on: customer.first@myaudi.in
Thanks, I did my bit as well.
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:15   #97
BHPian

Got a call from the dealer today, she informed me that 2 other people have raised the same concern, she initially mentioned that it is not possible to do, I asked her to share details of concerned technical persons from Audi because if new cars with exact same model can have it, then why not our cars too. She said that she has forwarded the details to regional manager and shall get back to me in couple days. I think we all need to push for it and request Audi to do it for our cars. I just got mine 5 months back and seeing such useful features added later is unfair on their part.
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:05   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have not “felt” it per se, but a non scientific rationale is that if the car didn’t want to engage the clutch, it would not bother shifting itself to D1 or vice versa i.e. if the car moved from D to D1 it must have made the necessary effort (clutch engagement and engine pull etc.), so that sort of logic.
I believe D at standstill anyway means it is in D1. Unimportant of course as long as the clutch is disengaged.
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:42   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from the dealer today, she informed me that 2 other people have raised the same concern, she initially mentioned that it is not possible to do, I asked her to share details of concerned technical persons from Audi because if new cars with exact same model can have it, then why not our cars too. She said that she has forwarded the details to regional manager and shall get back to me in couple days. I think we all need to push for it and request Audi to do it for our cars. I just got mine 5 months back and seeing such useful features added later is unfair on their part.
I too got call today and the lady said 2 more people have reached out, so good to see some response from this forum. However, she didn’t outright reject the idea and I asked her to update after few months if they want to take time. She sounded positive. She said they will reach out as and when they (Audi) can do it. I will anyway call her after 1 month. I think it is a good idea if all of us here press on this matter.
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I believe D at standstill anyway means it is in D1. Unimportant of course as long as the clutch is disengaged.
I just noticed that initial creep also had D and not D1, so car moves in D itself and likely clutch is engaged even in D, just that in D1 engine is likely pressing harder against the brakes. Somewhere else, I had read that it’s a worse idea to disengage/engage clutch frequently so keeping it in D is better unless it is a very long stop. I am assuming cars with Auto-hold also have gear in D rather than N, when it is activated.
Old 4th February 2024, 14:23   #101
BHPian

So now the PP version gets request sensors with push button start too along with auto hold etc. The tech version now only gets you electric tailgate, drive-select, and virtual cockpit. This makes the current PP the most logical version to buy. As an owner the first launch PP vehicle of the new Q3, I do feel fairly cheated. While I personally don’t care for push button start, request sensor is a useful thing. This plus auto-hold would make my CBU gen PP owners’ Q3 resale value dip fairly, I believe, not to count ambient lights etc. While people rave about the Audi discounts (which I didn’t get much of as an early buyer), this reflects very poorly on how they are managing the business here. Adding 4 key features in a car which is not even a facelift version is clearly disincentivising people to be early adopters of their cars. While buying I knew I would get better deals in a year or so but had to make a purchase as I was without a car, so I can live with not getting the big discounts. But robbing us of basic drive-ability and comfort features in the same vehicles which are not even “announced” facelifts etc, feels more being taken advantage of at the brand level. I will pester them again and see if there is any response (had petitioned them to retro-install auto-hold at least, about a month ago). If anyone else feels the same here, please feel free to bombard Audi India regarding this.

Last edited by Lux_Noob : 4th February 2024 at 14:25.
Lux_Noob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 01:21   #102
BHPian

Quote:
So now the PP version gets request sensors with push button start too along with auto hold etc. The tech version now only gets you electric tailgate, drive-select, and virtual cockpit. This makes the current PP the most logical version to buy. As an owner the first launch PP vehicle of the new Q3, I do feel fairly cheated. While I personally don’t care for push button start, request sensor is a useful thing. This plus auto-hold would make my CBU gen PP owners’ Q3 resale value dip fairly, I believe, not to count ambient lights etc. While people rave about the Audi discounts (which I didn’t get much of as an early buyer), this reflects very poorly on how they are managing the business here. Adding 4 key features in a car which is not even a facelift version is clearly disincentivising people to be early adopters of their cars. While buying I knew I would get better deals in a year or so but had to make a purchase as I was without a car, so I can live with not getting the big discounts. But robbing us of basic drive-ability and comfort features in the same vehicles which are not even “announced” facelifts etc, feels more being taken advantage of at the brand level. I will pester them again and see if there is any response (had petitioned them to retro-install auto-hold at least, about a month ago). If anyone else feels the same here, please feel free to bombard Audi India regarding this.
I am with you 100% on this and ready to go as far as needed to get them to install these on our cars. This is very unfair and whatever support you need from me, I am here. We should form a group and approach audi together and pressurize them into installing this on our cars.
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 13:39   #103

Quote:
I am with you 100% on this and ready to go as far as needed to get them to install these on our cars. This is very unfair and whatever support you need from me, I am here. We should form a group and approach audi together and pressurize them into installing this on our cars.
Hello techspark,
Sorry for being a bit late to this post. Please count me in for this and let me know if I can be of any help. How can we connect offline?
Old 18th March 2024, 16:46   #104
Senior - BHPian

Been searching the net for a while, but could not find a comparison of features between Q3 Premium and Q3 Premium Plus. I'm contemplating going in for the Q3 and wanted to clearly know what are things I would be missing in the Premium version compared to the Premium Plus. As an example, I know the Premium comes with Fabric seats compared to Leatherette for the Premium Plus.
Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if an Audi Q3 brochure exists that compares the features of Premium and Premium Plus.
Old 21st March 2024, 14:56   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Been searching the net for a while, but could not find a comparison of features between Q3 Premium and Q3 Premium Plus. I'm contemplating going in for the Q3 and wanted to clearly know what are things I would be missing in the Premium version compared to the Premium Plus. As an example, I know the Premium comes with Fabric seats compared to Leatherette for the Premium Plus.
Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if an Audi Q3 brochure exists that compares the features of Premium and Premium Plus.
I think Q3 premium misses out on following features compared to premium plus.
-Leather seats.
-Led lights
-Ambient lights
-push start button
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks