Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 07:59   #46
BHPian

Re: 2022 Audi Q3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Was that not on your list at all? Or is the Tiguan not available/ available as an older gen? Can you pls outline the difference between the two cars from the VW group beyond the badge?
Hi Nilesh, we were specifically looking for a car with a feel good factor and a nice badge this time around. The new X1 and GLA are way better than the Q3 in the interior/ features department; the Q3 feels like it’s from a lower segment. However the Merc and BMW severely fall short when it comes to their petrol engines.

Versus the Tiguan/ Kodiaq, we haven’t yet looked at these, as they are due to get new generations later this year. Also, they lack the badge value that we desire.

We were to take delivery of the new X1 18d this week, but have deferred the purchase for now due to the confusion about diesel car ban, and a possible move abroad next year. We’ll definitely look at the new Tiguan and Kodiaq when they are launched.
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 02:04   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Can anyone who has purchased/ negotiated on a Q3 or sportback please share what kind of deals are being offered by Audi on these?
I know that 5-year warranty and 3-year maintenance is offered as standard along with corporate discount, but what is the scope for further negotiation?
Hi, what offer did you get on Audi Q3 recently?
Currently they have two cars - one is MY23 CKD manufactured and one is MY22 old stock CBU model, both come with 3 year maintenance and 5 year warranty as standard.

I have got a final quote of 42L OTR daman for the CBU one, is this a good deal?
Old 21st June 2023, 10:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
Hi, what offer did you get on Audi Q3 recently?
Currently they have two cars - one is MY23 CKD manufactured and one is MY22 old stock CBU model, both come with 3 year maintenance and 5 year warranty as standard.

I have got a final quote of 42L OTR daman for the CBU one, is this a good deal?
I’m not quite sure how much the road tax in DD is, but I guess it is a good deal regardless, as the OTR is ~3 lacs less than the ex showroom price. I’m guessing the total discounts are ~ 6 lacs?
In April-May, I was offered ~2.5 lac (cash+corporate) discount in Kerala before negotiation. The OTR was an eye watering 63.xx lac for the sportback thanks to the 22% road tax here.
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 12:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I’m not quite sure how much the road tax in DD is, but I guess it is a good deal regardless, as the OTR is ~3 lacs less than the ex showroom price. I’m guessing the total discounts are ~ 6 lacs?
In April-May, I was offered ~2.5 lac (cash+corporate) discount in Kerala before negotiation. The OTR was an eye watering 63.xx lac for the sportback thanks to the 22% road tax here.
Road Tax should be around 4lakh in Daman. I also have an offer for OTR 45L for 2023 manufactured. Still thinking if I should save those 3Lakhs and get a year old but CBU car or spend the extra and get the latest one.
Old 21st June 2023, 14:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Road Tax should be around 4lakh in Daman. I also have an offer for OTR 45L for 2023 manufactured. Still thinking if I should save those 3Lakhs and get a year old but CBU car or spend the extra and get the latest one.
Unless the CKD is E20 compliant, I guess CBU with supposedly better quality is a better deal even though a year old. Sound like bumper deals regardless of the choice.
Lux_Noob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 15:38   #51
BHPian

If you are willing to spend 3L more, you can try pushing for the fully loaded CBU technology variant, assuming it may come close to the CKD offer you have. Closing the boot manually is no fun especially if the car is super well built unless you like extra workouts!
Old 21st June 2023, 15:42   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
Unless the CKD is E20 compliant, I guess CBU with supposedly better quality is a better deal even though a year old. Sound like bumper deals regardless of the choice.
Not sure the current 2023 is also E20 compliant since Kodiaq, Tiguan BS6.2 variants have no mention of the same.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 12:18   #53
BHPian

Random observations on Q3 vs Q5 over a long drive event organised by Audi Mumbai west. I got a chance to drive Q5 tech variant and overall it made me feel current gen Q3 to be a better product overall compared to the current gen Q5.
- Q5 superiority showed up only at the peak kick down acceleration where the 45 TFSI outshines the 40 TFSI. In most other scenarios, I would not find a day/night difference between the two, and not that the 40 TFSI is underpowered by any means.
- Q5 also seemed to to have slightly better suspensions but where the new Q3 complete outshone Q5 was the seat comfort. Q5 seats are much harder and when combining the suspensions plus seat comfort factors, new Q3 wins hands down.
- Surprisingly, Q3 also outshone Q5 in body roll/handling department at high speeds, even though Q5 is supposed to have the more advanced AWD (Torsen) compared to Haldex one in Q3. Maybe it is the higher center of gravity of the Q5 which causes this, not sure, but the difference is noticeable.
- Q5 interiors look quite dated compared to Q3 especially with the new embedded MMI screen of the Q3 and the added silver/padded rubber accents on the lower dashboard which give the latter a much more modern appeal. In isolation, however, Q3 itself can have better dashboard compared to its direct rivals. At least a two tone interior front would help compared to all black plastic it has. Q5 gear knob looks much better however compared to the “analog” shifter in the Q3.
- Q3 dimensions are almost perfect. It looks big enough to have a fantastic road presence (along with amazingly proportionate body lines which give it a soft look) but is small enough compared to the Q5 from a manoeuvrability respective, especially within city limits.

Overall, I think Q3 is a clear winner in its category as it gets the CORE CAR right (power, ride quality and handling and LOOKS) even though it is missing out on very few features (which seem liveable to me at least in the PP version - auto hold, seat memory, key start and manual boot open). If it is available at discounts mentioned above, it is a no brainer for sure, though I may go out on a limb to say it is the best product at full prices too compared to competition on a core car basis.
Lux_Noob is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 23:34   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Random observations on Q3 vs Q5 over a long drive event organised by Audi Mumbai west.
There was a Q3 (non sportback) in the contingent as well. I noticed the dynamic turn indicators are back on the car, so I imagine it was the CKD variant. So a plus point for people who were missing this feature on the Q3. I used to be a fan myself but now that it is becoming more common with relatively shoddy display on Mahindra/MG, I actually find it gimmicky now and much more prefer the classic indicators on the CBU unit. I was told the CKD yet does not get the auto-hold feature. Also, the door thud difference between the CBU and CKD is noticeable (if that is any indicator of superior build of the CBU).
Old 9th July 2023, 23:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
It could just be my driving style, but I drive fairly relaxed with my right hand mostly, inside the city given the general low city speeds and my left hand rests on the armrest with fingers dangling right above the EPB, so I do not find it un-ergonomic to pull it while idling in D whenever needed. EPB too disengages once your press the accelerator like auto hold would disengage. At longer signals, I put the car in P anyway.
I drive in a similar way too but is it okay to engage the electronic parking break often when the car is in D mode? Does it affect fuel economy and more importantly does it cause any wear or damage to the transmission and gears ?
Old 10th July 2023, 09:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I drive in a similar way too but is it okay to engage the electronic parking break often when the car is in D mode? Does it affect fuel economy and more importantly does it cause any wear or damage to the transmission and gears ?
I believe idling by pressing the brakes, using auto hold or pulling EPB should have the same impact on the car as all methods are implementing braking effect but via different methods. In case of EPB, it pulls the rear brakes so maybe you are saving on the front two at least. The best option would be to put the car in P but it is inconvenient in Audi Q3 given it is the only car in the luxury segment with a no electronic gear box (on top of having no auto hold) so you have to move the lever (back and forth) like in a manual car every time at a stop instead of pressing the electronic “P” button in other cars.
Old 11th August 2023, 00:25   #57
BHPian

Does anyone know how to use apple carplay wirelessly on the Q3? Is it available in India?
This video shows it to be wireless carplay on Q3 but I can’t figure out how to do it on mine. Any suggestions?

Old 13th August 2023, 13:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know how to use apple carplay wirelessly on the Q3? Is it available in India?
This video shows it to be wireless carplay on Q3 but I can’t figure out how to do it on mine. Any suggestions?

https://Youtu.be/1LuF9gR6LOg
Wireless Car play not available in India.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 13:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Wireless Car play not available in India.
Is there any particular reason why they haven’t offered in India? I heard from the sales guy that from q3 till a8 they don’t offer it in any cars and he has no clue why
Old 13th August 2023, 15:44   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any particular reason why they haven’t offered in India? I heard from the sales guy that from q3 till a8 they don’t offer it in any cars and he has no clue why
Just pick up one of the wireless adapters and you’re set.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks