Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2023, 22:20   #76
BHPian

Re: 2022 Audi Q3 Review

Thanks. That seems about right
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:40   #77

I got a quote for 2024 Q3 PP for 47L OTR Jaipur. It seems like they added push button start and auto hold in PP for 2024 (at least according to the SA). Attaching the comparison sheet I got from the SA. The items highlighted in red are changes vs 2023 variants.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Audi Q3 Review-46948624247c4521ad29d8b54731be53.jpeg  

MojoJJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 19:05   #78
BHPian

Any one aware if the 2024 Q3 are E20-compliant?
Old 26th November 2023, 22:22   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Any one aware if the 2024 Q3 are E20-compliant?
The sales rep says they are. I looked behind the fuel door of A4 demo car and it was marked E10. But the rep said that the service manual of the new car will state E20 compatibility.

I haven’t seen it in writing officially anywhere tho.
Old 26th November 2023, 23:55   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJJ View Post
The sales rep says they are. I looked behind the fuel door of A4 demo car and it was marked E10. But the rep said that the service manual of the new car will state E20 compatibility.

I haven’t seen it in writing officially anywhere tho.
Came across this thread today: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/how-i-...oda-kodiaq-tsi

Since Q3 shares the same drivetrain, thought MY2024 might have been silently updated as well.
Old 27th November 2023, 23:33   #81
BHPian

Hmmm, so after 1 year Q3 gets Auto-hold, ambient lighting and keyless starts in the PP version itself plus E20 compliance, and at lower OTR prices (as self-reported on this forum) than noobs/die-hard fans like me paid! Hopefully the CBUs ARE better build quality to justify being an early adopter!

Last edited by Lux_Noob : 27th November 2023 at 23:35.
Old 28th November 2023, 16:14   #82

So update on the quotes - after a LOT of negotiations, the final quoted OTR is 46.5L without any maintaining or extended warranty. We’ll probably get the Tiguan instead, it’s for my dad and he really doesn’t want to pay ~11L over the better equipped Tiguan just for the badge.
Old 12th December 2023, 13:35   #83
BHPian

So the new Q3 does get auto-hold (see video link below) and now comes in a smashing red colour! Is there any hope to ask Audi to retro-fit auto-hold for the early promoters of their car, even if they charge us? As auto-hold is not a pretty feature like ambient lights etc, it is a basic driveability aspect.

Old 25th December 2023, 09:59   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
Hmmm, so after 1 year Q3 gets Auto-hold, ambient lighting and keyless starts in the PP version itself plus E20 compliance, and at lower OTR prices (as self-reported on this forum) than noobs/die-hard fans like me paid! Hopefully the CBUs ARE better build quality to justify being an early adopter!
I've been in the market for a Q3 for a while. I can assure you the festive season deals - and even current offers, if super lucrative - are on MY23 which don't come with auto hold as there's isn't much MY24 in stock.

I can't wait till March to negotiate so will be biting the bullet without autohold most probably.

Will live with flicking the EPB at the long red lights!
Old 26th December 2023, 03:42   #85

Hi All - just wanted to ask - how have the folks derived comfort with respect to no confirmation on E20 by Audi and potential warranty voids later?

Any specific comfort on compatibility or just taken a punt that E10 will be available at all pumps for around a decade?

Last thing one wants that they spend 40-50L, only to have some issues in 3-4 years
Old 27th December 2023, 14:24   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabsar View Post
I've been in the market for a Q3 for a while. I can assure you the festive season deals - and even current offers, if super lucrative - are on MY23 which don't come with auto hold as there's isn't much MY24 in stock.

I can't wait till March to negotiate so will be biting the bullet without autohold most probably.

Will live with flicking the EPB at the long red lights!
Three months with the Q3 Tech, and I don't miss the auto hold. It is all about habit. Flicking the EPB is just a small movement of the wrist which is much better than pulling a handbrake up and down.
Old 27th December 2023, 17:17   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Three months with the Q3 Tech, and I don't miss the auto hold. It is all about habit. Flicking the EPB is just a small movement of the wrist which is much better than pulling a handbrake up and down.
I hope it at least auto-releases when you dab the accelerator?
Old 27th December 2023, 18:20   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I hope it at least auto-releases when you dab the accelerator?
Absolutely!! No issues with that.
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 23:41   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabsar View Post
Hi All - just wanted to ask - how have the folks derived comfort with respect to no confirmation on E20 by Audi and potential warranty voids later?

Any specific comfort on compatibility or just taken a punt that E10 will be available at all pumps for around a decade?

Last thing one wants that they spend 40-50L, only to have some issues in 3-4 years
I was in a similar conundrum a year ago, but took a plunge post researching and speaking to various folks. Had posted my thoughts here on this issue - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5527378 (Impact of 20% ethanol petrol on current petrol engines)
Elsewhere in this forum, i read that people are getting the 2024 Škoda Kodiaq with E20 compliance. Wonder why would Q3 with the same engine not be compliant or made to be compliant.
On lack of auto-hold, I have been using pulling the EPB at stops which works quite well in conjunction with the auto-engine-start/stop function. As the engine gets cut on signals, the car goes into D rather than stay in D1 (where I believe pulling EPB means more friction between the brakes and engine trying to move forward). My daily drive is very limited, 5km one way with only 2 traffic signals in between, so I am pretty okay without auto-hold though it is very frustrating to not have this feature when the predecessor version (old Q3) had it and now 2024 version will have it too. Actually, I do not think there is any luxury car sold currently which does not have this feature. I realised how useful auto-hold can be when stuck on the Mumbai-Pune expressway traffic snarl recently where I was pulling EPB to rest my foot but it wasn't a very pleasant experience if one has to do it at a very short frequency. So if anyone has to drive bumper to bumper traffic daily, auto-hold is a BIG boon. I have heard some people complain on the “jerkiness” when accelerator is pressed to move forward with auto-hold on, but in Q3 this complaint is not there given the super refined engine. When pulling through EPB, the shudder is very minimal, per my experience.

Last edited by Lux_Noob : 27th December 2023 at 23:46.
Lux_Noob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 16:50   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
I was in a similar conundrum a year ago, but took a plunge post researching and speaking to various folks. Had posted my thoughts here on this issue - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5527378 (Impact of 20% ethanol petrol on current petrol engines)
Elsewhere in this forum, i read that people are getting the 2024 Škoda Kodiaq with E20 compliance. Wonder why would Q3 with the same engine not be compliant or made to be compliant.
On lack of auto-hold, I have been using pulling the EPB at stops which works quite well in conjunction with the auto-engine-start/stop function. As the engine gets cut on signals, the car goes into D rather than stay in D1 (where I believe pulling EPB means more friction between the brakes and engine trying to move forward). My daily drive is very limited, 5km one way with only 2 traffic signals in between, so I am pretty okay without auto-hold though it is very frustrating to not have this feature when the predecessor version (old Q3) had it and now 2024 version will have it too. Actually, I do not think there is any luxury car sold currently which does not have this feature. I realised how useful auto-hold can be when stuck on the Mumbai-Pune expressway traffic snarl recently where I was pulling EPB to rest my foot but it wasn't a very pleasant experience if one has to do it at a very short frequency. So if anyone has to drive bumper to bumper traffic daily, auto-hold is a BIG boon. I have heard some people complain on the “jerkiness” when accelerator is pressed to move forward with auto-hold on, but in Q3 this complaint is not there given the super refined engine. When pulling through EPB, the shudder is very minimal, per my experience.
Thanks for the feedback! So MY23 PP was pretty much out of stock. Only Sportback available on which they finally started some discounting.

Was very close to picking it up and my card was on the table for swiping the booking but we couldn't close the negotiations on Extended Warranty & Service Packs.

Being in NCR, I have now decided I will want auto hold come what may. Also, being one year later than you and almost all cars having E20 on the fuel lid now, it's harder to take that plunge and need it for peace of mind!

While I was sure I wanted to upgrade my 2012 City this year, along with the above 2 points, the Sportback was anyway really stretching my budget and in hindsight I'm happy I didn't take an impulsive decision.

However, learnt a lot in this month of research which has set me up well for whenever I take a decision! Q3 is still my first target so maybe 2024 is the year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks