Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2023, 23:56   #616
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Is the DCT Dry or Wet clutch type?
I believe it to be dry clutch. Though not specified anywhere explicitly, but take a look at the below link from Hyundai Transys - the company behind the powertrain of Hyundai and Kia.

https://www.hyundai-transys.com/en/p...ertrain/dct.do

A quote from the website
Quote:
HYUNDAI TRANSYS 7-speed dry DCT for small and mid-size and 8-speed wet DCT for large size
Since we have 7-speed DCT, it's safe to say that it's a dry clutch.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 10:44   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post

Sharing some pics of antique cars and bikes from Poojary's Fish Land where we stopped over for the break: I plan to go on a longer and more casual drive 2 weeks from now and will capture some pics of my car then!
Finally my Verna got some time to free its legs as we went on a long drive covering more than 500 kms Bangalore - Hassan - Sakleshpur- Mangalore - Kundapur - Maravanthe Beach - Mangalore. The car performed beautifully on the Hassan road and then on the Mangalore - Kundapura road, where I could use the Sport mode to its full extent.

I still got a mileage of 15 to 16 kmpl on these stretches. Overall including the ghat roads and the town traffic, I was still able to get 12-13 kmpl which to me was impressive! I tanked up at the MRPL outlet near Mangalore city and mileage seems to have improved a bit.

The perennial repair and construction work on the Shiradi - BC Road - Mangalore stretch did slow down the car and I was very careful over the potholes and speed breakers, but it did clear them all without scraping. Even large SUVs like Ford Endeavour were properly braking while going over these roads.

I will share some pics now from where we stopped for breakfast - MTR near Adichunchanagiri, Coffee at Ossoor Estate before Sakleshpur, Maravanthe beach and relatives place. It has been a memorable drive so far and the DCT makes life much easier. It is such a smooth operator that you have literally no stress driving except for watching out for the others!

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4307.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4308.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4310.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4351.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4355.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4376.jpeg

Last edited by bblost : 14th November 2023 at 11:08. Reason: Speeding references removed. Inserted pics, inline. Formatted into paragraphs.
PeteKing75 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 19:32   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I searched this thread for the keywords "Dry" and "Wet" and came across only one instance of each, both unrelated to my query which all might have guessed.

Is the DCT Dry or Wet clutch type?
It is a dry clutch as are most of the DCTs used in normal cars. The one exception I know of is TATA's DCA which is wet clutch.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2023 at 16:24. Reason: Typos.
Old 16th November 2023, 20:16   #619
BHPian

Has anyone found any solution for the headlight?
Visibility is so pathetic during rainy days
Old 17th November 2023, 12:02   #620
BHPian

Picked a Verna IVT SX(O) after driving turbo petrol for 5 plus years. IVT seems to be very refined and good for city drives. Engine is also very silent.

Wanted to check if anyone has rattle noise from the dashboard screen? Hearing the noise on and off. Also my steering alignment is off from day 1, will get this fixed during 1st service.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 12:16   #621
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post

Wanted to check if anyone has rattle noise from the dashboard screen? Hearing the noise on and off. Also my steering alignment is off from day 1, will get this fixed during 1st service.
Congratulations.

I had a little bit of rattling sound come from console behind the steering wheel. It seems to have resolved on its own.

It was quite irritating for the 3-4 days it was there.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 12:36   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Congratulations.

I had a little bit of rattling sound come from console behind the steering wheel. It seems to have resolved on its own.

It was quite irritating for the 3-4 days it was there.
Yes seems to be from the similar place.
Old 17th November 2023, 14:51   #623
BHPian

Kids menace:

I have an open parking and kids play near the cars. This is the new incident that happened yesterday. It seems they threw stones and it happened to hit the bonnet . The result is this
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_1415.jpeg

Last time they spilled paint on my new car cover. I have no clue what to do with the kids. I wish parents instill some civic sense in the kids. Seems there is a need to go with PPF.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2023 at 16:26. Reason: Typos.
greyhound82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 15:11   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post

I have an open parking and kids play near the cars. This is the new incident that happened yesterday. It seems they threw stones and it happened to hit the bonnet .
It's disheartening to see such incidents with a new car, and there is no escape from this.

Last week, I had parked my car in a market (at designated NDMC parking place). When I came back after couple of hours, there were some scratches on the right side fender and wheel arch.

No clue who did this and how. Luckily, the scratch is very small and not easily noticeable. But the paint has completely chipped off.

For kids and other people, it is just another day, another incident for them. But for car enthusiasts like us, it's a heartache!
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 15:25   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
But for car enthusiasts like us, it's a heartache!
This is right at the centre of that beautiful curvy bonnet contour😒 As per the service centre, they have to paint the entire bonnet, and I am a bit sceptical about losing the factory finish.
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 17:08   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
As per the service centre, they have to paint the entire bonnet, and I am a bit sceptical about losing the factory finish.
Yes, service center guys or, for that matter, any car body shop guy will always go for the entire panel. I don't know why - whether to ensure that paint job is uniform for that panel or to not make a loss on the paint that they'd have to buy for this small touch up.

Even for the dent on my car boot, I was quoted 4K for painting the entire boot. That's when I realised that the dent is not that bad and I can live with it
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 01:24   #627
BHPian

Has anyone been able to find a way to stop the drive meter to reset on every ignition on/off? In Creta it only resets after 4hrs, but Verna even if you switch it off at a signal, you lose the drive info.
Old 18th November 2023, 03:53   #628
BHPian

Folks,

Planning to replace our close to 10-year-old pre-owned Honda City iDTEC Diesel with Verna sometime next year. But confused about which engine option should I go for.

Our daily usage is within the city limits most of the time and rarely see highways as we have Innova Hycross for highway usage. Drove both DCT and IVT, owned by a friend of mine but my heart is yearning to get a DCT for its performance but concerned with mileage and usual DCT issues while IVT would suffice our kind of usage though it doesn't offer explosive performance as DCT.

And, mostly, we'd go for the SX variant as I don't require ADAS, and it has 6 airbags along with other goodies, and also, this variant is within our budget though we are open to get SX(O) variant.
Old 18th November 2023, 05:28   #629
Senior - BHPian

The Verna price range is so tightly packed that only a lac or two separates the mid and top variants. If you can stretch slightly, go for the DCT. If your heart is yearning for it, and you compromise on the IVT, you will regret it. Most of us have been there. I am getting decent mileage in moderate traffic approx 11-13 kmpl. On highways it is a fantastic mile muncher if you keep it at sane speeds( 17kmpl plus is often observed). All that extra power is not for outright maniacal driving but using it when you need to, effortlessly, as in quick overtakes under various conditions. The sheer confidence of doing that safely is worth the money.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 18th November 2023 at 05:30.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 13:58   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Folks,

Planning to replace our close to 10-year-old pre-owned Honda City iDTEC Diesel with Verna sometime next year. But confused about which engine option should I go for.

Our daily usage is within the city limits most of the time and rarely see highways as we have Innova Hycross for highway usage. Drove both DCT and IVT, owned by a friend of mine but my heart is yearning to get a DCT for its performance but concerned with mileage and usual DCT issues while IVT would suffice our kind of usage though it doesn't offer explosive performance as DCT.

And, mostly, we'd go for the SX variant as I don't require ADAS, and it has 6 airbags along with other goodies, and also, this variant is within our budget though we are open to get SX(O) variant.
I also bought the DCT and would recommend it. Mileage in Mumbai traffic is 6.5-7.5 kmpl when I do like 11 kms in 40 mins. Same thing without traffic is 13 kmpl over 20 mins. This in Normal mode. I guess Eco will give a better mileage. I’m waiting to finish the run-in of 1200 kms to rev it harder on the highways and also use Eco mode. First 1200 kms I’m only doing Normal mode.

Take the ADAS - some of the features are quite useful. And some which are intrusive can be switched off.

I donno if the Hyundai DCT is going to give problems like the VW DSG (I have the Polo and just spent 45k yest on a DSG related issue after 8 yrs of ownership and 30k kms travel) but after driving a DCT the IVT will seem like a downgrade. If you don’t feel that downgrade even the IVT will be a good option.

The Verna was not in my options at all - just took a TD for the heck of it after it got the 5 star NCAP rating and then just found this to be the best package vs the City, Virtus and Slavia.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2023 at 16:21. Reason: Typos.
amitmk is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks