Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2024, 18:18   #946
BANNED

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
LOT OF CONFUSION CRETA OR VERNA

Does it make sense to go for New Creta (IVT or diesel AT) over New Verna (DCT)? Almost 4.5 Lac extra for diesel AT.
I know it is not an apple-to-apple comparison but want to know your views.

My daily run is 50 km and a couple of long trips in a year. Also, I will keep the car for a longer duration; say above 10 years.

MOD: I would like to put this post in the New Creta thread as well as some Creta owners can give some valuable suggestions.
Hi,

Creta Diesel 2017 model Diesel AT 1.6 still running smooth with around 1.74 lakhs on the odo.

Verna Diesel 2019 is also with same engine and gearbox combo is crossed 1 lakh kms without issues.

Both these cars were in my friends circle and doing daily duties for their work.

Hyundai service for these diesel cars in the recent past were never below 10000 INR.

Hyundai Torque converters are reliable than their DCT and CVT.

Since you are planning to keep the car for more than 10 years, then Diesel AT will be reliable compared to other models which you mentioned.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 17:45. Reason: Minor spacing for readability
dmaheshkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 00:44   #947

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Verna tribe.

PPF and Ceramic both have their pros and cons. Please read through many posts on TBHP itself that should help you make up your mind.

In case you decide to go with ceramic, check out 5C Car Care in sector 66. It's owned by TBHPian AJ56 and he is very knowledgeable in this topic.
So got the ceramic done with Anish from 5C Car care, he is indeed super knowledgeable and passionate about what he does ! The car looks awesome with the work he has done. I am in a fix though now. To keep it all shiny and new looking, there is a whole maintenance list which seems quite daunting I.e too time consuming to do on one’s own and too difficult for someone else to do. As of now I have figured I will likely get it washed once a week from his place .. however at some point of time the local car cleaner will have to be given the duty. When that will happen, will be a matter of my patience and time, on how long I can hold out. Anish though has offered a cost which is pretty reasonable.

Have decided to live with the OEM tyres ( Apollo Alnac 4G). In any case will be replacing in 2-3 years and might as well spend the money then.
AlwaysASwifty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 12:06   #948
BHPian

I am starting to get a slight wobble at around 100-120kmph. Car has only done 7500km but planning to get the alignment and wheel balancing done. 10k service is due in April. It's odd that the steering wobble has started so soon. Could there be any other reason?

Also, for those who have installed the fog lights, could you share some feedback on its performance please? I am planning to get it installed.

1. Could you also advice on any reliable installers in Bangalore
2. Will the installers have the bracket and fog lights? If not, could you suggest how to get it.
3. How will it be connected? To the headlights switch or the drl?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Grand Tourer : 13th March 2024 at 12:08. Reason: Typo
Old 13th March 2024, 15:40   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
1. Could you also advice on any reliable installers in Bangalore
2. Will the installers have the bracket and fog lights? If not, could you suggest how to get it.
3. How will it be connected? To the headlights switch or the drl?
A follow-up to above, does it impact the battery management and ISG system performance ?
Old 13th March 2024, 18:33   #950

It has been a month since I've bought Verna and the symmetrical steering wheel still confuses me. Is there an aesthetically pleasing tape or something which someone is using for this?
Old 13th March 2024, 19:58   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strelok View Post
It has been a month since I've bought Verna and the symmetrical steering wheel still confuses me. Is there an aesthetically pleasing tape or something which someone is using for this?
It takes some time to get used to, but you'll get there.
Mine is turbo version, so black interiors, so black buttons (on steering wheel) should be on top.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 11:19   #952
BHPian

Something weird happened today. I had a close call when a MTC bus suddenly switched lanes in OMR in Chennai, where one lane is completely blocked for Metro Rail work. I braked and turned right and my OVRM scratched with the Metro Rail barricades and got a bad scratch on the OVRMs.

Post this, I was worried if I broke something and was testing the OVRM indicator lights, Blind spot warning light and all worked good.

But when I tried folding the OVRM with the button, I saw it was not folding when I was driving. When I slowed down to like 5kmph, it started folding. I see folding of OVRM works when stand still or when in crawling speeds but not when driving. Is this some safety feature or is something broken for me.

Could not find anything related to that in the manual too!
Old 14th March 2024, 11:28   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
But when I tried folding the OVRM with the button, I saw it was not folding when I was driving. When I slowed down to like 5kmph, it started folding. I see folding of OVRM works when stand still or when in crawling speeds but not when driving. Is this some safety feature or is something broken for me.
It's something with both my verna and i20 nline. You need to come down to less than 15kmph so that the folding close works. Folding open works at any speed. It's good as well as an irritating thing especially when I get onto some road and realize an oncoming bike or car is too close and may touch the mirror. I mostly check behind and slow down or stop at the side for some narrow roads and close the mirror before proceeding
Grand Tourer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 11:31   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
It's something with both my verna and i20 nline. You need to come down to less than 15kmph so that the folding close works. Folding open works at any speed.
Wow, didn't know this! Thanks @Grand Tourer! I was really worried if something was broken

But I guess most times when we need to manually close is to negotiate some tight traffic or narrow lanes and we are anyway less than 15kmph at that time. This is the first time I tried it when driving at normal speeds.
vignesh207 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 10:42   #955
BHPian

Another long trip of 500+ kms on my new Verna SX (O) Automatic and thought I will pen some thoughts, findings and share some pics. I had been to Coorg recently on the Verna. I was amazed to see mileage of close to 17 kmpl while covering 100 Kms in an hour on the Mysore expressway. The car also performed smoothly on the ghat section. The home stay where we stayed was a little isolated and roads were a bit patchy in some sections, with speed breakers also not very visible. But the car performed admirably for a long wheelbase, low slung sedan. If any of you have any doubts on performance on ghats, rest assured this car will do the job very well indeed without breaking your bank account!

Sharing some pics now.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_5135.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_5133.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_5088.jpg  

PeteKing75 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 11:07   #956
BHPian

Been a little over 2 months since my black panther came home and I have loved every bit of it! Absolutely no complaints with the car, CVT transmission, handling, ride and the controversial design, I have loved it all, except, the alloys! Diamond cut isn't my thing.

I like the design, it looks good, but the silver and diamond cut just ughh, I love the all-black alloys that come in the turbo model so the itch began to have it on mine.

I searched through various forums and on YouTube on alloy painting but didn't find much when it comes to painting 'diamond cut' alloys, the design and way it is made with the stainless steel finish makes it difficult to have paint stay over it, it'll very easily peel off. Also, not everyone wants to paint diamond-cut alloys because Indians love chrome finish so didn't find much on the Internet.
(except those spray can paints which probably would start looking horrible within a month or so)

The next option but an expensive one would be to swap the alloys with the Hyundai genuine ones but that was way out of budget, aftermarket alloys were not even considered.

At a point, I decided to give up on the thought and just live with the diamond-cut alloys. One morning out of the blue, I decided to visit my trusted FNG once to see what he had to say about it, only took 5 minutes of him describing all the work that needed to be done & cost involved, and I was convinced painting it all black and gave it a go-ahead and I am so glad I did

- Washing and degreasing of alloys and tyres.

- Sanding down the alloy multiple times to make the finish rough. (this process took 2-3 hours!)
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0457.jpeg

- Masking the tyres.
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0465.jpeg

- Applying primer and hardener. (This ensures paint sticks to the surface and won't peel/chip)
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0473.jpeg

- Base coat primer.
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0481.jpeg

- Final coat of glossy black paint.
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0484.jpeg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0485.jpeg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0486.jpeg

The outcome is just marvellous, looks even better when compared to the Hyundai genuine ones, super happy with the results and love how the black car is complimented by all-black wheels.
Also got the front calliper painted polo red.

It is now not possible to tell this isn't the turbo cause I have all the emblems removed and unless one sees the interior, it will surely be mistaken for a turbo.

Will also upload how it looks on the car once it's all washed and shiny.

Last edited by Ruchir031 : 17th March 2024 at 11:15.
Ruchir031 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 13:02   #957

Greetings fellow Verna owners!

I have been following the thread since the launch of the new Verna and am planning to get the same after exchanging my 2016 Elite i20. The i20 has been a reliable friend for me over the last 7+ years (other than an EPS failure issue which has struck me twice )

I'm confused about the models on offer. I would appreciate it if the owners here could help me with this. I have had test rides done for the same twice and am confident about purchasing it. I'm sure that I do not need the turbo model as my commute is mostly within the city (Noida-Delhi-Noida) with occasional rides to Gurugram. So the 1.5 MPI was a no-brainer.

Questions to fellow BHPians:

1. Manual or Automatic?
I have always been a fan of the manual transmission as it allows me to have more control over the car. Since the time we owned a Maruti 800 to the more recently purchased Grand Vitara, manual transmission has been the way to go. I'm now considering the IVT variant only due to a partial ACL tear on my left knee that doesn't allow me to drive a manual as comfortably as I used to before. However, IVT/CVT failures are something I've read about a lot which is making me hesitant to go for it. Furthermore, I fear that my adaption process from a manual to an automatic might induce higher loads on the gearbox initially which might affect its overall life.

2. Variant:
I'm leaning towards the SX(O) variant. However, if I opt for the manual, I lose out on the ADAS, paddle shifters, and drive modes. I'm okay with losing out on the last, but considering the price that I will be paying + the fact that I will keep this car for the next 6-8 years at least, I would prefer something that remains modern for the entirety of that duration.

3. Price:
The SX(O) IVT variant has been offered to me for around 18.94L and the manual variant for around 17.15L. Both prices are on-road and don't include the accessories kit, extended warranty, SOT, & anti-rust. This doesn't include any dealership discounts and I'm yet to sit with them for the final negotiations. They have offered me an exchange bonus of 20k and have put a valuation of 3.20L on my current Elite i20 (although I'm sure I can get better prices on other portals). That effectively brings down the final price (pre-negotiations) to 15.54L for the IVT and 13.75L for the manual respectively with a difference of 1.79L between the two. Is paying 1.79L worth it for an addition of ADAS and IVT? Given the Indian road conditions, is ADAS worth spending or just a gimmick to make the car look more modern?

Thanks in advance! Also, I would appreciate it if members from the local community could give any insights on the prices being offered.
Old 18th March 2024, 13:40   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittleRabbit View Post
is ADAS worth spending or just a gimmick to make the car look more modern?
The only reason I skipped SX(O) was because of ADAS. I had one horrible incident with the XUV700 where it auto braked when a dog was crossing the highway which I was well aware of but before I could do anything the computer chose to do its thing causing sudden panic to me and getting rear-ended by 3 cars for no fault of theirs.

In its current state and our driving conditions, it's just another bells & whistles feature (except the blind spot detection) that you may soon forget, it will help you prevent mishaps at times, but as a driver, there should not be mishaps happening from your end in the first place (dozing off, inattentive driving, etc)

I'd suggest you consider the SX variant which will be nearly 2 lakhs cheaper compared to SX(O) and only misses out on ADAS, ventilated/electrically adjusted seats, smaller infotainment (SXO doesn't have wireless carplay while SX does), Blulink connectivity, Bose speaker, rear sunshade and leatherette seats.

If budget is not an issue, it's always better to have all the available tech.

SX is the most bang for your buck model in the entire lineup which you can get for around 16 Lakhs on-road for the IVT.

Manual VS IVT is something you'll have to decide, I would personally never touch a manual on Delhi NCR roads.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 17:45. Reason: Minor spacing for improved readability
Ruchir031 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 21:42   #959
BHPian

Let me share my experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittleRabbit View Post
1. Manual or Automatic?
I have always been a fan of the manual transmission as it allows me to have more control over the car.
If your drive is mostly within the city, then having more control over the car doesn't mean anything. The dynamics of the car would be same between a manual and an IVT for the city drives, with IVT offering an unmatched comfort in the heavy traffic. Before getting the Verna DCT, I was driving a manual car in Delhi and trust me, it wasn't enjoyable as much as it is today. I was more tired in the traffic due to constant movement of legs and hands. Getting an automatic today is much more practical and convenient.

Quote:
2. Variant:
I'm leaning towards the SX(O) variant. However, if I opt for the manual, I lose out on the ADAS, paddle shifters, and drive modes.

3. Price:
Is paying 1.79L worth it for an addition of ADAS and IVT? Given the Indian road conditions, is ADAS worth spending or just a gimmick to make the car look more modern?
As you have already mentioned your reasons for IVT (and not DCT), I'd not debate on that. However, if your budget allows then go for SX(O).
Before Verna was launched, I had almost finalized the Hector. I always wanted the top-end variant theirs was way over my budget. So, I decided to settle for the variant below the top that would provide me with almost all the features of the top-end sans ADAS, because, who needs an ADAS in India? That was my belief until I got the Verna SX(O) with all the features and Level-2 ADAS, and boy, I was so wrong!

Before you read further, please note that liking the ADAS is as subjective as liking the current Hyundai designs
My perspective completely changed once I got used to the ADAS. For the Verna, I can say that ADAS is well calibrated to our driving conditions. It has definitely saved me in 2 minor incidents and alerted me many times, well in advance, of an impending collision. Braking due to ADAS depends on how fast you react to its warnings. If you do not take an action within the time as calculated by the computer, the car must save itself!

Coming to other ADAS features, blind spot detection is one of the most liked feature.
Auto cruise with lane keep assist makes highways/expressways drive much easier and comfortable.
High beam assist could be useful if fellow driver diligently drive with the low beam, alas! this is the only feature that has no business in India.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th March 2024 at 11:36. Reason: Minor typo. As requested.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 23:04   #960
BHPian

I have been in a similar conundrum between the SX IVT or SX(O) IVT. While most of the things still make sense and letting go of ventilated seats with a slightly heavy heart for SX, I'm more or less sorted for my needs with SX.

However, I want opinions of members/owners specially those who have tested the SX and SX(O) back to back on how good the stock speakers on SX are. I don't usually go for anything aftermarket and like to keep vehicles as stock as possible. But really an audiophile, the music experience matters. At the same time I don't have extremely high benchmark for car audio.

My question is, how much of a difference is SX vs SX(O) audio, and also for people who have tested both variants, what would you rate the audio of both the variants out of 10

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks