Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2024, 00:28   #991
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Did you try it with the clutch pedal depressed?
Old 26th March 2024, 00:48   #992
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Any setting I am missing, will reach out to SA anyways but if anybody knows anything about this - please do share.
Congrats on your new car. Wish you many many happy miles.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-remote.png
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 01:28   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Congrats on your new car. Wish you many many happy miles.

Attachment 2586715
You sir are a life saver, the printed manual did not have anything. I foolishly followed a YouTube video which stated - press hold after 3 seconds of locking whereas the opposite is true, need to press hold before 4 seconds or rather just after lock and make sure the hand brake is fully engaged.
Many thanks again
hungrygamer is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 19:30   #994

Guys, I got my VIN alltoment for Verna today and I had informed dealer beforehand that I will pay the full amount after PDI.

However, he is now asking if I can come on Saturday to sign the loan agreement so that they can generate the invoice and tried to persuade me until I insisted I will do it only after PDI.

I asked if loan would be disbursed if I sign the agreement to which he said 'No'. He said the car would reach Saturday night or Sunday and was asking me to sign the agreement since Sunday is bank holiday.

So am I being overly cautious? Or should I just sign the agreement and pay the amount after PDI?
Old 29th March 2024, 10:19   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
So am I being overly cautious? Or should I just sign the agreement and pay the amount after PDI?
The dealer usually generates the invoice only after they get the payment, so most likely that when you sign the agreement, the bank would disburse the amount.

Seems like a clear case of month-end or even FY end targets for the dealer and he is trying to invoice the car before the end of March.

If you are not in a hurry to get the car immediately, I'll recommend to do the PDI and then only sign it, the dealier would try to push but always good to make the payment only after seeing the car
vignesh207 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 11:09   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
The dealer usually generates the invoice only after they get the payment, so most likely that when you sign the agreement, the bank would disburse the amount.

Seems like a clear case of month-end or even FY end targets for the dealer and he is trying to invoice the car before the end of March.

If you are not in a hurry to get the car immediately, I'll recommend to do the PDI and then only sign it, the dealier would try to push but always good to make the payment only after seeing the car
Yeah I also felt it's because of month end but what confused me is that the SA said loan amount won't be disbursed even if I sign the agreement.
techwhiz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 13:14   #997
BHPian

You know you are driving a Verna when:
  • A Fortuner guy turns his head to check out the car (or maybe not, but I'm being optimistic here ) - happened yesterday.
  • A police car, that passed by my parked car, came back in reverse and started asking me about the car's specs and price. Then he tells his colleague, "Bahut badhiya gaadi hai" (a great car it is!) - happened a month ago.

Anyway, having praised the car, time for some criticism. Has anyone found out the reason for the rattling sounds at the rear of the car? It's starts getting on my nerves now.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 14:25   #998
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post

Anyway, having praised the car, time for some criticism. Has anyone found out the reason for the rattling sounds at the rear of the car? It's starts getting on my nerves now.
I get some sound from my dashboard for the first 1 km or so and then it goes away.

Maybe you would check the stepney area. Possible that something has fallen there and is rattling.
Old 29th March 2024, 16:06   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Maybe you would check the stepney area. Possible that something has fallen there and is rattling.
I, and my passengers, can clearly make out that the sound comes from left side of the car, somewhere behind the seat or the curtain.
I had my toolkit on the left side and I thought maybe that's the one making the sound. But the sound on the rear left is still there even after shifting the toolkit to the right side.

Nevertheless, will check out the stepney area.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 17:42   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You know you are driving a Verna when:
[*] A Fortuner guy turns his head to check out the car (or maybe not, but I'm being optimistic here ) - happened yesterday.[*] A police car, that passed by my parked car, came back in reverse and started asking me about the car's specs and price. Then he tells his colleague, "Bahut badhiya gaadi hai" (a great car it is!) - happened a month ago.

The car is a head turner no doubt. I still get the glances from office colleagues in the parking lot, at highway parking spots, outside restaurants, etc.
And interestingly most people who enquire are not aware of the turbo petrol specs. A sleeper car if there ever was one!

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 29th March 2024 at 17:45.
fhdowntheline is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 18:07   #1001

Is there a reference or a guide for supported voice commands?

In the manual, it just says this:

Name:  Screenshot 20240401 at 6.04.428239PM.png
Views: 163
Size:  293.4 KB

Couldn't find any other document online.
Old 3rd April 2024, 11:20   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by strelok View Post
Is there a reference or a guide for supported voice commands?
Maybe try asking your dealer?
Old 3rd April 2024, 14:53   #1003
BHPian

Facing a unique issue with my Verna turbo DCT Automatic. Has happened twice now. The car is running for a while. It is stopped at a traffic light and engine switched off for couple of minutes. When I try starting the car again, the engine starts and as soon as I shift the gear to D, the engine shuts down as if the car went dead. I try starting the car again and same thing happens. Apparently both times, the issue got resolved on its own after a minute or two and then the car ran normally for the rest of the trip and later.
Any idea what is happening here ??
Jainudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 15:59   #1004
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be some issue with the idle stop- start system. Better get it checked out at the service center.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 16:45   #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainudit View Post
Facing a unique issue with my Verna turbo DCT Automatic. Has happened twice now. The car is running for a while. It is stopped at a traffic light and engine switched off for couple of minutes. When I try starting the car again, the engine starts and as soon as I shift the gear to D, the engine shuts down as if the car went dead. I try starting the car again and same thing happens. Apparently both times, the issue got resolved on its own after a minute or two and then the car ran normally for the rest of the trip and later.
Any idea what is happening here ??

This is due to Carbon deposit in throttle body. You'll have to get it cleaned from the service centre. I faced this as well and the service center guy mentioned a few such cases had been popping up.
v.bhomawat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks