Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2024, 14:27   #1036
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
... Should I get the vehicle checked or do you guys think it is normal. Any suggestions are appreciated.
No way a modern car overheats with 40-50 kms of spirited driving, even in the summer.

Please get the car checked out, esp. the cooling hardware and fluids.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 20:42   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
From my experience, how much ever hard driving I have done, I have never faced engine overheating. And this I am talking about my 8 years old and 90k+ kms run Octavia. And this includes some harsh conditions too. I don’t think the car should get overheat unless coolant was less or some other issues. Suggest you take it to the service center and get it checked.
Second that. I have done cross country/ long road trips and really spirited driving with family and luggage with the SX DCT. Never faced any such issues. Please have it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg5610 View Post
Renewed mine recently with the dealership, Costed me 29k for Turbo DCT. Didn't want to go for external ones as the claim process would be tedious. I noticed that the IDV takes a hit when they quote low premiums.
I paid 22k to Acko for renewal of Insurance for Verna Turbo petrol SX DCT

Last edited by bblost : 30th April 2024 at 20:56. Reason: merged
Old 30th April 2024, 22:27   #1038
BHPian

My erstwhile Linea Turbo petrol used to get overheated in Delhi summer and engine used to stall. Has Hyundai cut corners with cooling system in Turbo Verna?
Old 6th May 2024, 08:49   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I took delivery of my Verna last week. It's a 1.5 Turbo SX(O) in Abyss Black color. I love the car so far, especially the power on tap. It's my first turbo petrol and the turbo is indeed very addictive.

However, I have 2 questions for you all.
1. The test drive car had a much softer suspension than my car. It scraped very frequently even on medium size speed breakers. However, I find that on my car the suspension is stiffened up. In the last 5 days and 200km of city driving, it hasn't scraped on any speedbreaker even once. It's a January 2024 vehicle. Has anyone else felt this?

2. What is the tyre pressure you all are maintaining for a cushy ride?

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_6190.jpg

Thanks
blue_pulsar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 14:26   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post

1. The test drive car had a much softer suspension than my car.

1. I don’t think so. I have faced no issues going over speedbreakers or potholes, unless it’s a really big one.

2. For normal drives: 34 at front, 32 at rear
For heavy load drives: 35 all around. However, 35 makes it a little bumpy.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 16:05   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
My erstwhile Linea Turbo petrol used to get overheated in Delhi summer and engine used to stall. Has Hyundai cut corners with cooling system in Turbo Verna?
I have driven it in temperatures of 37 to 43 degrees C, for more than 200 kms at high speeds with no issues. It still pulls like a train and overtakes are very much easy. Of course my car has gone only 4800 Kms so far, but I would really not expect Hyundai to cut corners here. If you still have heatings issues, I would suggest to check with the nearest Hyundai Authorised Service Station.
Old 6th May 2024, 17:19   #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hi BHPians,

I took delivery of my Verna last week. It's a 1.5 Turbo SX(O) in Abyss Black color. I love the car so far, especially the power on tap. It's my first turbo petrol and the turbo is indeed very addictive.

1. The test drive car had a much softer suspension than my car. It scraped very frequently even on medium size speed breakers. However, I find that on my car the suspension is stiffened up. In the last 5 days and 200km of city driving, it hasn't scraped on any speedbreaker even once. It's a January 2024 vehicle. Has anyone else felt this?

Attachment 2603148

Thanks
1. I felt the suspension of both my car and the test drive one to be same. Although I've scraped twice on some unusually high speedbreakers on village roads with full load (5pax + luggage)

2. Go with the recommended pressure based on the load. Although, in summers for highway drives, I underfill by 2-3 as it heats up and goes up by that much.
Old 9th May 2024, 12:33   #1043
BHPian

I have one wierd question for fellow Verna owners, the below is the picture of my Engine Bay and it's super dusty. I drive primarily in Chennai and due to Metro work there is a lot of dust but the amount of dust in the engine bay seems abnormal to me.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20240508_183633.jpg

Is it safe to get the engine bay cleaned from nearby car cleaners or should it be done by Hyundai ASC?

Also, I noticed this rubbing damage and a small hole on the wiper washer fluid tank cap, is this something to worry about?

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20240508_183641.jpg
Old 9th May 2024, 13:49   #1044
BHPian

Take it to a renowned detailer. They will know how to handle the engine bay.
kpkeerthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 14:18   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Also, I noticed this rubbing damage and a small hole on the wiper washer fluid tank cap, is this something to worry about?
Looks like a rat has chewed it. Get the engine bay checked if such damage is anywhere else.
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 14:26   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Looks like a rat has chewed it. Get the engine bay checked if such damage is anywhere else.
That was my first thought too and I checked around and saw no other signs of rat infestation. Also in my current parking place, there arent' any rat issues but possible that it might have happened while I parked elsewhere during travel.
Old 9th May 2024, 15:46   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Is it safe to get the engine bay cleaned from nearby car cleaners or should it be done by Hyundai ASC?
As kpkeerthi said, take it to a good detailer. Engine bay should not be washed with pressure washer or lot of water. Just some compressed air to get rid of dust, followed by wet wiping of the bay. Electricals need to be handled with care.

Quote:
due to Metro work there is a lot of dust but the amount of dust in the engine bay seems abnormal to me.
That's make two of us. Metro work and lot of dust, even in the engine bay!

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 9th May 2024 at 15:48.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 22:06   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
That's make two of us. Metro work and lot of dust, even in the engine bay!
I guess it's all part of "Inconvenience regretted for a better tomorrow"
Old 13th May 2024, 13:05   #1049

Hello BHPians,

I have been following Team-BHP for quite some time now and this is my first post. I am incredibly grateful to this community for the wealth of knowledge you've shared, which has been instrumental in guiding my decisions about cars.

Last October, we decided to buy the Verna SX(O) Turbo DCT in the Starry Night color.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20231022_1156486322.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20231022_1157040123.jpg

This is my first turbo petrol and really enjoying the punchy engine so far. The automatic gearbox has also been a game-changer, making navigating Bangalore's notorious traffic significantly easier.

I need some help navigating around a steering problem I have been facing. Till Feb 2024 (around 3000 KM), I felt that the steering was very smooth and light-weighted. Driving with one hand in certain situations like parking, bumper-to-bumper traffic and cruising at constant speeds was a breeze. Since then I have started noticing that the steering wheel has gotten significantly heavier. The wheel is very aggressive to come back to the centre and driving with two hands also requires significant effort. This has made the driving experience very tiresome for me. The heaviness is not even as well - from the centre turning the wheel 10-20 degrees is still fine but more than that requires a lot more force. I know that having a heavy steering is sometimes considered to be a feature and not a fault. But in this case, I am worried that something is wrong because -
  1. Hyundai is known for its light steering setup.
  2. The experience has changed after 3000 KMs. I would have made peace with it if the steering weight was this way always from the start.

I have tried out multiple things already to fix the issue -
  1. Visited the Hyundai ASC - Got the steering oil checked and it was filled to the brim. They also checked the electricals. The SA and technician each went for a test drive with the vehicle and both of them said that the steering weight is normal. But, I feel given the sheer variety of old/new vehicles these guys drive day in day out, they may not notice such things.
  2. Wheel Balancing and Alignment - I read in one of the forums that wheel alignment issues also causes steering heaviness sometimes. I got the balancing and alignment done from a FNG, but that also did not make any difference.

What else can I do here? Is it possible that the difference in experience is all in my head? Would love some feedback.
ShiftingGears is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 15:44   #1050
BHPian

Got the 10k service done on my car today. The overall cost came to 5k. Shell helix Ultra AH 0w30 API SP/C Full synthetic engine oil was billed. Also got the wheel alignment done at service centre because ever since I got the wheel alignment done at Madhus the car has been pulling to the left. I was told by the SA that steering calibration has to be done post alignment. Hence asked them to do the alignment and calibration. The left pulling has been resolved now.

Few issues reported
I reported the overheating issue that I faced a few weeks back. They found no issues with the car but apparently the hose connecting to the coolant reservoir is troublesome and they have placed an order for the part to replace the same under warranty.

Another issue I have been facing since is a while is slight vibrations when braking in high speeds. They told me they would replace the disc and pads under warranty. But again they did not have parts to service the same. I was asked to keep the car for a day because they wanted to check with other service centres for the parts. But today I got a call and they told it's not available anywhere and they would place an order for it and I was asked to take the car back.

I don't understand why Hyundai service centres don't have parts like these in stock. I am in Bangalore and not some tier 2 or tier 3 city. Comparing my experience with ford they had parts well stocked all the time and replacements were always a breeze. In 6+ years of ownership Ive never faced an issue where I had to take my car and return back to the service centre for a repair. And this is even after their exit. Last December I got the steering rack of my Figo replaced within a day and they had the part in stock with them.

Most Viewed