Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2024, 12:42   #811
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

1. Alright, here's a personal impression on the Heated Seats in the Verna
While I knew hands down that cooled seats would surely be a boon in our hot weather, I was not so sure about the heated seats. It felt more like a gimmick to offer something as segment-first. Heck, even in chilly winters of Delhi, I sometimes turn on the seat cooling as the car interior does not get that cold.

So, I never thought I'd be needing the heated seats until a recent highway drive in December. Now, Hyundai did a good thing by offering electric adjustable seats that allow to change position easily. This is super helpful in long drives where one doesn't need to sit in the same position for longer duration.

Just for a change this time, I switched on the seat heater and lo! it was one of the most soothing experience ever!
The hot air relaxed the back muscles and I felt like someone giving me a light massage (okay, maybe that's a bit extreme ). Nevertheless, I found a very good use of the heated seats now and will certainly use it in long drives or whenever I need to relax my back.

2. New updates for Maps
I haven't got an opportunity to update the maps as I'm away from my car. Can someone please add more details on what new has been added to the maps? In the current (older) version, I see that some inner roads of a colony are not available and I have to rely on google maps more, to the extent that I end up using Gmaps almost every time. The downside of gmap is that it doesn't call out clearly which road to take when there are multiple lanes or a flyover.

Edit:
Thanks to the link provided by greyhound82 below, I am able to locate the one specific for India:
https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/upd...iceView/bbkv9l

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 11th January 2024 at 13:04. Reason: Added the update URL specific to India
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 12:50   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
That's an interesting thing to know. Will look forward to next update log. Yesterday my update started with the following update log
Sorry what I meant is logs specified in Hyundai portal https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/upd...iceView/Y2SkCi
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:28   #813
BHPian

There is a change with the volume level too. Now the audio is loud enough even at 7 where it will be 30 before.
V_Nyx is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 17:47   #814
BHPian

Apologies if the question is lame, is the new update available only via the Navigation Updater or does the car download it OTA also?
Old 11th January 2024, 18:32   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Apologies if the question is lame, is the new update available only via the Navigation Updater or does the car download it OTA also?
I got it OTA. I had a notification on the infotainment and the update took place when I turned the car off and got out. I got a notification on the Bluelink app that it was updated sometime later. Dint have to intervene in anyway and it was a very seamless experience.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 19:43   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
There is a change with the volume level too. Now the audio is loud enough even at 7 where it will be 30 before.
Yes I noticed that too, the volume scale has changed and the overall sound output seems a bit fuller. I wonder what would they have done to tweak the firmware for the digital sound processor and what prevented them from offering this from get-go.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 20:30   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Yes I noticed that too, the volume scale has changed and the overall sound output seems a bit fuller. I wonder what would they have done to tweak the firmware for the digital sound processor and what prevented them from offering this from get-go.
Don't be excited so soon fella. I think it is a bug where they have changed the call volume levels for the music and music volume levels for the call. I just noticed it now when I took a call I am not sure if there is any change in the sound quality though.
V_Nyx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 21:49   #818
Senior - BHPian

So you mean the volume limits for call are now from 0-50? That may explain things. At least they rectified the bug. Because I swear I felt the sound to be better today evening while driving, the same song from the same source felt like 10-15 % better and I am pretty sensitive to music volumes. But I would like to hear other fellow owners views.
fhdowntheline is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 23:12   #819
BHPian

Finally, my black panther comes home!
Booked on the 8th and took delivery today wasn't expecting to get it this quick, absloutely thrilled I am!
What makes it even more special is this is a 2nd Jan 2024 manufactured car! As per the dealer, I am the first person to get a '24 manufactured car in the city.

This is my first automatic and I'll surely be updating all of my experiences and miles out here super soon.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-d31edd9e054549d5aa95c093f7c6662f.jpg  

Ruchir031 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 00:54   #820
BHPian

Got a new set of 2 inch NHK projector fogs installed on the Verna with both low and high beam functions. These are so much better than the stock lights (I mean anything would be). I wanted to go
for the 3 inch fogs initially but they were too big for the fog brackets.

Here are a few pictures.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3121.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3120.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3119.jpeg
TN07 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 13:53   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Got a new set of 2 inch NHK projector fogs installed on the Verna with both low and high beam functions. These are so much better than the stock lights (I mean anything would be). I wanted to go
for the 3 inch fogs initially but they were too big for the fog brackets.

Here are a few pictures.

Attachment 2557846

Attachment 2557847

Attachment 2557848
Anyway to gauge the light output via photos? And how do you control it ? Is it wired to mimic main headlights ? Any warranty issues ? Also, how much did it cost in terms of all the different parts ? So many questions I know, but looking forward to understanding your setup.
BudgetFailure is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 23:57   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I noticed that too, the volume scale has changed and the overall sound output seems a bit fuller..
Quote:
I am not sure if there is any change in the sound quality though.
Quote:
Because I swear I felt the sound to be better today evening while driving, the same song from the same source felt like 10-15 % better and I am pretty sensitive to music volumes. But I would like to hear other fellow owners views.
The sound stage has definitely improved after the update. It sounds more fuller and songs with bass sound much better. My usual songs sound much better after the update. The volume is noticeably higher as well. But now that I read the threads I found the incall volume to be lower than usual. I would be disappointed if this is a bug that will be rectified
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 00:00   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
The sound stage has definitely improved after the update. It sounds more fuller and songs with bass sound much better. My usual songs sound much better after the update. The volume is noticeably higher as well. But now that I read the threads I found the incall volume to be lower than usual. I would be disappointed if this is a bug that will be rectified
Yes the bass output has changed as it is higher now when compared to before. But I am not sure if the audio quality has changed altogether though. Hope it is not a bug but a fix for the previous bug
Old 14th January 2024, 15:50   #824
BHPian

Hi, not sure this has been reported earlier -
I have a SX DCT (Had Hyundai made ADAS optional, I would have happily gone with the SXO. Instead I chose the SX and in the process, lost out on a few other features, only to avoid ADAS). I keep getting the alert " children crossing ahead" from time to time, sometimes frequently and loud enough for rear passengers to hear it. (Of course it's false mostly, something I realized during my test drives, and one of the many reasons why I feel ADAS has a long way to go in India).
My question is - why am I getting this on the trim without ADAS?
1. Has anyone else also experienced?
2. Is there a DIY fix?
Thanks in advance.
Edit - Nothing to do with Ada's, it's a navigation feature which needs to be turned off. Found the solution on post #538. Thanks TN07.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 14th January 2024 at 16:13. Reason: Additional text
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 17:33   #825
BHPian

Has anyone contemplated installing the 360 camera? I consulted with the dealer and they quoted Rs 36000. Any opinions on this and the pricing? The fixture would involve disconnecting the original rear camera but I also need to understand whether the Rear Cross Traffic Collision Alert since this alert also shows on the current rear camera along with the MID.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks