Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2024, 12:35   #256
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Exter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
I have a minor issue with my Exter. Recently I started getting low pressure TPMS warning on the instrument cluster. I believe the warning started off as tyre pressure dropped below 30psi on a cold morning. I had kept the tyre pressure at 32psi earlier. Post the warning I increased the tyre pressure to 35psi and have driven around ~50 kms.

Still I keep getting the low pressure warning. Even after keeping the tyre pressure at 35psi, TPMS reports as 32 or 31. I guess there could be some discrepancy in the measures. However I could not get the warning go away.

Is there way to reset this? What is the low point on which TPMS triggers low pressure warning?
I had the same problem in one tire of my exter. The best way is to fill a little extra upto 38-39 and drive till the warning goes away. After that you can return to normal tyre pressure.
Old 11th February 2024, 20:50   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudOne View Post
To all the owners of Exter here, is anyone finding the drive seat uncomfortable?

Not sure why but I am finding the seat to be very uncomfortable. I am 5.4, earlier owned Grand i10 and Punch but never faced this issue.

With Exter, I am either facing back pain or leg pain. Feels like the seat is more sloped towards back than usual which is causing this. So I tried putting some towels at the back to fill the gap and make the seat a bit flatter and seem to help a bit. But towels on a long drive is not very comfortable.

Also tried a wedge shaped pillow which helped for some days but not permanently.

Any suggestions will be really helpful.
You have exactly the same problem that I face in my Ford Aspire. Due a slightly steeper slope towards the back I immediately start to have a lower back pain. And I realised that the problem is not the seat but me since most other folks who drive it have no complaints.

I spent lot on back rests and seat positions but nothing worked long term. What eventually helped is a basic cylindrical towel roll. Roll a big towel and tuck it just above your hips. If your car seat has height adjustment then raising the height is another option that should lower the angle and might be helpful. My problem was so bad that I had thought multiple times to sell off the car only due to the back pain. Hopefully you will not get to that situation due to height adjustment option along with a softer suspension setup. Good luck!
Old 14th February 2024, 12:18   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
You have exactly the same problem that I face in my Ford Aspire. Due a slightly steeper slope towards the back I immediately start to have a lower back pain. And I realised that the problem is not the seat but me since most other folks who drive it have no complaints.

I spent lot on back rests and seat positions but nothing worked long term. What eventually helped is a basic cylindrical towel roll. Roll a big towel and tuck it just above your hips. If your car seat has height adjustment then raising the height is another option that should lower the angle and might be helpful. My problem was so bad that I had thought multiple times to sell off the car only due to the back pain. Hopefully you will not get to that situation due to height adjustment option along with a softer suspension setup. Good luck!
Thank you for the suggestion.

I am in the similar boat. It is so comfortable that every day I am thinking of selling it off but I love everything else about Exter.

I went to a car decor shop and asked them if anything can be done. They added a 2 inches thick thermocol sheet at the bottom of the seat to lift it up slightly at the area where it was more sloped. The slope angle has reduced now.

And this has helped a lot. Though it's not 100% solve but it's much more comfortable now than before. I have even done a 300 km trip after these changes comfortably.

So if anyone else is facing the same issue, you can use the same solution as above.
Old 15th February 2024, 21:28   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudOne View Post
Thank you for the suggestion.

I went to a car decor shop and asked them if anything can be done. They added a 2 inches thick thermocol sheet at the bottom of the seat to lift it up slightly at the area where it was more sloped. The slope angle has reduced now.

So if anyone else is facing the same issue, you can use the same solution as above.
Can you share a photo of it? How does this thermocol sheet reduces the slope?

Most Viewed