Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2024, 20:42   #1681
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

10,000km Service - GTX+ Diesel AT

I'm sharing my recent experience with the 10,000km service of my Kia Seltos at Sunrise Kia in Nizamabad.

1. Early Service Decision:
My odometer read 9614km, but with a planned weekend trip to Tadoba, I opted for the 10,000km service earlier than scheduled. I was still determining the service quality at the first Kia showroom in Nizamabad, but I went ahead.

2. Seamless Check-In:
I arrived at 10:30 am, where the service advisor immediately began checking my car. They created a WhatsApp group with the service manager, general manager, service advisor, and technician for transparent communication. When I mentioned that I had the convenience plus package, they said that transferring from another dealership would cost me ₹300 as I bought it at another dealer. The convenience package is at the dealer level. This surprised me, but I told them to go ahead. However, upon transferring, they said surprisedly, "Sir, no charges."

3. Unexpected Rodent Issue:
The service advisor discovered rat footprints in the engine bay, which was a surprise considering my spacious apartment parking. I requested rodent repellent.

4. Transparent Service Process:The service commenced at 11:00 am, with real-time photos and videos shared in the WhatsApp group. A puncture was identified, and extra charges were communicated. Below is the list of changes in the 10,000km service
a)Air Filter
b)Engine Oil
c)AC Filter
d)Top-up of AD Blue, which was at 60%.

5. Service Completion and Additional Offerings:
By 1:30 pm, the car was ready, washed, and returned. The dealership attempted to sell underbody and Ceramic coating but was politely rejected.

Worthy Points to Share:

a) Convenience Plus Package Clarification:
AC Filter and Oil Filter are not billable only at 20,000km and 40,000km.

b) Let's discuss Elephant in the room: Dashcam Warranty Confirmation!
I installed a Viofo A229 Plus (hardwired) dashcam, which I bought from the USA, and it did not void the warranty.

c) Scratch Care Program:
Contrary to some discussions, the My Convenience package does not include the Scratch Care Program. I verified this with two different dealers. I would appreciate it if someone could throw some light on this.

Attaching few images

Ad Blue. Pre and post-top-up. They filled five ltrs. They use ClearBlue by Indian Oil
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-ad-blue.png

Air Filter, Oil Filter & AC Filter
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-filters-change.jpeg

Puncture Identified
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-puncture.jpeg

Engine bay post rodent repellent treatment
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-rat.jpeg

Invoice
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot-20240209-20.26.05.png

Overall, a positive experience with Sunrise Kia in Nizamabad

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences! Safe driving, everyone!

Last edited by bharathdonti : 9th February 2024 at 20:48. Reason: proof reading
bharathdonti is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 07:18   #1682
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Anyone here who got a Petrol Turbo iMT of Seltos. How is the short/long term drive review. Planning to go in for the same as my daily commute is not more than 3Kms up down.
Old 10th February 2024, 12:28   #1683
BHPian

Has it ever crossed anyone's mind to dechrome the sides, i.e. the chrome strips from the window beading till the rear quarter panel and paint it Gloss Black? How will it look? I will be taking Delivery of my GT Line Seltos tomm, swap Tyres to UC6 and then handover for Ceramic Coating on Monday. Thinking if I should also dechrome the sides or not. I am not too fond of chrome and personally i think it spoils the Seltos look. Hence the question. I see X-line variant also has the Chrome strip at the side, which I was not expecting.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 10th February 2024 at 12:33.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 13:54   #1684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Has it ever crossed anyone's mind to dechrome the sides, i.e. the chrome strips from the window beading till the rear quarter panel and paint it Gloss Black? How will it look? I will be taking Delivery of my GT Line Seltos tomm, swap Tyres to UC6 and then handover for Ceramic Coating on Monday. Thinking if I should also dechrome the sides or not. I am not too fond of chrome and personally i think it spoils the Seltos look. Hence the question. I see X-line variant also has the Chrome strip at the side, which I was not expecting.
Instead of getting it dechromed you could have it wrapped in black ppf film. That will be easier.
Behemoth is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 09:54   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Quick Question:

The dealer has shared with me his 2023 Seltos Inventory List and has shared few VINs which are 17 Digit and the Kia Invoice Date. I could decode the VIN to be a 2023 Vehicle as 10th digit is P. However, unable to decode the Month. Should there be 2 more alphabets in the end? I called the dealership and they said the 17 digit VIN is all they have and the Kia Invoice Date should be the same month of Manufacturing of the Car.
People who have taken recent delivery of Seltos, could you pls confirm the Letter in the VIN for Nov and Dec 2023 manufactures Seltos.
The last character of the VIN (after the hyphen/ dash) represents the month of manufacturing
AFAIK this last alphabet won't be available anywhere else except in the Vin number mentioned under the driver seat (there's a small cut out on the floor mat where it should be visible - you will have to slide the seat backwards to see this)
A - January
B - February
L - November
M - December

Note - This process skips letters I, O, Q to avoid confusion with 1, 0, 9 numbers
TorkBHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 12:13   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bugil View Post
Based on your post you are from Guwahati, I am planning on to go for 7DCT in white, can you tell me how much Meridian kia quoted for insurance for you?
Hey sorry for the delay, I don't remember exactly how much the insurance was but it was in the ballpark of 50,000-60,000 or thereabouts. I'll have to check to be sure once I return to my hometown.
Old 11th February 2024, 14:54   #1687
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
I think you need to stand your ground. Different Dealers act in different ways. But, ultimately it depends on how quickly you want your Car delivered. In case the Dealer does not budge and you decide to go to another Dealer, it might take more time. If it suits you, you can maybe make another part payment with assurance of full Refund or another Car allotment, in case you find any issues during PDI.
I replied to your PM about my scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon92 View Post
Hi Amit
I did PDI for my GTX+ after only paying the booking amount in Mumbai only. I was crystal clear with my dealer that no payment will be made before PDI under any circumstance. Do you mind sharing which dealer is this? I dealt with Shreenath and Shaw Kia and both had no issue with my request.
Thank you for input. I was able to negotiate payment schedule with the dealer. As part that, did some part payment (around 20%) of OTR now and rest only after I give go ahead after PDI.
Old 11th February 2024, 15:00   #1688
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Hello BHPians, any suggestions for detailing shops in western suburb of Mumbai (especially between Santacruz and Goregaon area)?

I am planning to get Ceramic coating done on Seltos after delivery. I have already received quote from dealership for package that includes Ceramic Coating, Underbody Antirust & Silencer coating. But wanted to scout for various options available outside to get a better deal.

Also if anyone of you has recently done ceramic coating for Seltos, appreciate if you can share cost for the same.
Old 11th February 2024, 15:12   #1689
BHPian

Got the car (X Line 2024, Petrol) yesterday by noon and also completed a 100 km trip. Will post a detailed drive experience soon.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240210_224818.jpg

Last edited by Black Panther : 11th February 2024 at 15:20.
Black Panther is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 18:10   #1690
BHPian

Milestone Celebration: 10,000km Journey! 🚗💨

Today marks a milestone –10,000km in 5 months!
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240211_102237509.mp.jpg

Upgrade Delight: From S Cross to Seltos

Driving this car has been an absolute pleasure, and the upgrade from the S Cross has been remarkable.

Fully loaded car: Firm Ride

We were on a road trip to Tadoba today, and my car was fully loaded for the first time with 4 adults, 1 kid, and luggage. The ride felt notably firm, especially for rear passengers. I have filled Nitrogen in tyres set to 35psi, but when the tyres were heated, TPMS was showing 38psi. I'm going to reduce the tyre pressure to 33psi and check the ride on the way back

Coffee Break Annoyance: KIA, Can We Mute It?

The constant "consider taking a coffee break" alerts have been an annoyance. Hoping that KIA introduces an option to silence or at least reduce the volume of these alerts
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240211_122625223.night.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240211_122609066.night.jpg  

bharathdonti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 19:42   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Milestone Celebration: 10,000km Journey! 🚗💨

Today marks a milestone –10,000km in 5 months!
Attachment 2571677
Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Coffee Break Annoyance: KIA, Can We Mute It?

The constant "consider taking a coffee break" alerts have been an annoyance. Hoping that KIA introduces an option to silence or at least reduce the volume of these alerts
I have found a workaround for the Coffee Break alerts. Not sure if anyone else has tried this or not.

I just release the accelerator, letting the car think I am about to brake for a break. The moment the alert stops, I press the accelerator, and continue my journey.

I took mine to Agra last month, while going received alert twice and thrice while returning.
cos2bh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 21:50   #1692
BHPian

Finally, D Day I've been patiently waiting for.

Ready for the Unveil.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240211_112211.jpg

** Presenting my 'Hulk'

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240211_1121392.jpg

Had a good Delivery experience. They also arranged for some Fanfare along with Birthday Party Poppers. My daughter enjoyed it a lot. Went through the boring stuff of the SA explaining the different features of the Car, which is overwhelming for me at this point with so much tech. Need to spend a good amount of time reading the Manual and understanding what each thing does.

They gifted us a Cadbury Celebrations and a Ceramic Mug Gift Pack from Kia.
Due to the great experience i had right from enquiry till delivery, i gifted a Parker Pen to my SA, as a token of appreciation.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240211_173954.jpg

Got the 5 Ltr. Free Petrol Coupon and headed to the nearby Fuel Pump and got it filled till Auto Cut-off. For some reason due to moving from Ritz to Seltos, i was a bit nervous driving back Home and was driving slow and sedate.

Had already spoken with nearby Tyre Shop and arranged for Conti UC6 Tyres for swap after Delivery. Got it done.

Conti UC6 price: 12,500 /-
JK UC Royale Buyback: 5500 /-
Difference per Tyre: 7000 /-
Total Cost for Tyre Swap: 28,250 /- including Balancing Weight charges.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20240207wa0018.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20240207wa0019.jpg

Planning to drop my Car for Ceramic Coating tomm. Am still undecided whether to go for 1, 2 or 3 Yr. Package which costs 11k, 18k and 28k respectively. Not sure yet if it is worth investing so much for a 3 Yr. Plan which requires taking extra special care to protect the coating.

Will share updates as i make further progress.
abhi3284 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 22:37   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post

Since I had to go to Guwahati to submit some documents, I took the car with me - called up the parts manager who confirmed that the parts were in stock. In my hurry to reach Guwahati to ensure that my document verification isn't hindered due to car repairs, I forgot to make an appointment for the same.
How much you paid for the repair. Can you share bill of the parts changed ?
Old 11th February 2024, 23:56   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, D Day I've been patiently waiting for.

Ready for the Unveil.

Attachment 2571804

** Presenting my 'Hulk'

Attachment 2571805

Had a good Delivery experience. They also arranged for some Fanfare along with Birthday Party Poppers. My daughter enjoyed it a lot. Went through the boring stuff of the SA explaining the different features of the Car, which is overwhelming for me at this point with so much tech. Need to spend a good amount of time reading the Manual and understanding what each thing does.

They gifted us a Cadbury Celebrations and a Ceramic Mug Gift Pack from Kia.
Due to the great experience i had right from enquiry till delivery, i gifted a Parker Pen to my SA, as a token of appreciation.

Attachment 2571806

Got the 5 Ltr. Free Petrol Coupon and headed to the nearby Fuel Pump and got it filled till Auto Cut-off. For some reason due to moving from Ritz to Seltos, i was a bit nervous driving back Home and was driving slow and sedate.

Had already spoken with nearby Tyre Shop and arranged for Conti UC6 Tyres for swap after Delivery. Got it done.

Conti UC6 price: 12,500 /-
JK UC Royale Buyback: 5500 /-
Difference per Tyre: 7000 /-
Total Cost for Tyre Swap: 28,250 /- including Balancing Weight charges.

Attachment 2571807

Attachment 2571808

Planning to drop my Car for Ceramic Coating tomm. Am still undecided whether to go for 1, 2 or 3 Yr. Package which costs 11k, 18k and 28k respectively. Not sure yet if it is worth investing so much for a 3 Yr. Plan which requires taking extra special care to protect the coating.

Will share updates as i make further progress.

Many Congratulations!

Your post reminded me of my memory as I too was tensed on my way back to home as I was used to drive Indigo Manza 2010 model.
Regarding features of the car, I am a techy guy, so most of the features were memorized by me watching several videos. But seeing them in person was a whole lot different.
But with time, things will settle down. My car will be 1 month old on 19th Feb, and although not drove extensively, now the features and driving is settled. But, the feeling of getting in and out and that new car smell is still there.

One thing, as soon as you have your registration number, login on My Kia and Kia Connect app. They are good too have.

Regarding ceramic. I was considering PPF but now will go ahead with ceramic after my 1 month service. PPF although scratch resistant has its disadvantages. But ceramic(although not scratch resistant) is good, as it will protect the paint and will make cleaning easier.

All the best to you for all your future rides. Would love to hear your experience.
Flasshhhh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 10:49   #1695
BHPian

Can someone tell me right service interval for Seltos Petrol? . I had my first service on October 2023, when I check my KIA app it says service is due next month. I remember SA saying next service is either 1 Year or 10K Kms, I also confirmed this via Web search. But I am not sure why KIA app is not in sync.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-smartselect_20240212_104311_mykia.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks