Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2024, 13:55   #331
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix11 View Post
Considering some stop lights are as long as 90 seconds, engine turning back on so soon feels like a waste.
I think engine getting fired back automatically in 15 seconds is good considering the heat wave we are experiencing across India.

Initially, I also had thought that it is a waste when I experienced the same in my new Creta, but if one has to wait for more than 15-20 seconds at traffic lights in such hot weather and use the pedal explicitly, this may sound good for many owners.
Old 19th April 2024, 01:12   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix11 View Post
Hi,

Is anyone here facing issues with Idle Stop and Go (ISG)? My engine shuts off on stop lights but comes back on within 10-15 seconds automatically without any intervention at my end. [For context I have Petrol IVT with ADAS] Considering some stop lights are as long as 90 seconds, engine turning back on so soon feels like a waste.

Also, I have been using ADAS and really liking it (primarily Smart Cruise Control & Lane Keep Assist) but the rear traffic collision assist seems a bit too obtrusive when reversing out of a parking spot in markets, has anyone managed to make it less sensitive? I could find sensitivity settings for Smart Cruise Control but not this.
The ISG re-activates if the AC temperature goes below the set amount. If the AC temperature is set to a higher amount, it doesn't do that. It's mentioned in the manual too.

I have the same IVT SXO and I just love the adas features. The Rear traffic collision is the only irritating thing on Indian roads, specially, while taking a U-turn on a crowded one way street.
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 07:59   #333

Took delivery of my Creta SX(O) IVT on Sunday. Today while shifting the car from R to P mode, some weird cutting noise is coming from the gearbox. It is not loud, just a slight cutting noise. Is it normal?
Old 19th April 2024, 08:33   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoenthu91 View Post
Took delivery of my Creta SX(O) IVT on Sunday. Today while shifting the car from R to P mode, some weird cutting noise is coming from the gearbox. It is not loud, just a slight cutting noise. Is it normal?
Usually happens if you vehicle is not completely stationary. Even a little bit of un-noticable speed makes the gearbox make that sound. If your car was infact at stopped, then wait for it to repeat the sound and take it to ASC. This is not normal while the vehicle is properly stopped and brakes are pressed.
YD14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 18:38   #335
BHPian

Just returned from a 200 odd kms drive in the Creta 1.4 turbo DCT and noticed couple of prominent differences between the 1.4 turbo DCT and the new 1.5 turbo DCT. Here are my observations:

1. Initial gear lag: Both engines exhibit initial lag, albeit more pronounced in the 1.4, leading to poor low-speed drivability. The 1.5 also suffers from it, but it's better managed and does not feel as bad as the 1.4.

2. High speed/overall performance: While the 1.5 produces more power output, it is the 1.4 which feels more 'explosive' and 'free' when the turbo kicks in. In contrast, the 1.5 feels a little linear in comparison and lacks the same sense of power as the 1.4. Having driven the 1.4 turbo DCT extensively in the past, I've always admired its capabilities on open roads. However, after experiencing the 1.5 in the new Creta and Seltos, the 1.4's performance felt even more exhilarating.

I think this difference could indeed be attributed to how the new BS6 engines are (de)tuned, possibly due to emission regulations and/or other factors like gearbox protection (particularly the DCT) and better fuel economy.
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 07:34   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
Usually happens if you vehicle is not completely stationary. Even a little bit of un-noticable speed makes the gearbox make that sound. If your car was infact at stopped, then wait for it to repeat the sound and take it to ASC. This is not normal while the vehicle is properly stopped and brakes are pressed.
I took the vehicle to the authorized service center yesterday as sound was there even when the vehicle was stationary. The SA suggested that it might be the sound of the brake pads locking the wheels while shifting to parking mode. However, I wasn't entirely convinced, so we checked another 2023 Creta, and the sound was present there too. Interestingly, there was no sound in the Alcazar DCT. To ensure everything is documented, I made them open a job card to put the entire matter on record.
Autoenthu91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 11:39   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo21 View Post
Hey! Congrats right back at you

I am taking it under car lease policy from my company. Insurance will be handled by the leasing company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado82 View Post
Congrats on new ride ! I am also expecting my SX(O) IVT from Advaith Bellandur in another 2 weeks.

For insurance, are you going with the Hyundai's or getting it done from outside ? Hyundai is quoting around 85k (1 year Own Damage and 3 years Third Party cover)
I see that both of you are from Bangalore. I am getting my Creta from Trident Hyundai. They are saying PDI can only be done in the stockyard in Nelamangala which is around 1.5 hr drive from where I stay. How did you guys get the PDI done ?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th April 2024 at 11:44. Reason: fixing the quote tags.
Old 20th April 2024, 11:57   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyG View Post
They are saying PDI can only be done in the stockyard in Nelamangala which is around 1.5 hr drive from where I stay. How did you guys get the PDI done ?
Not yet reached that stage. But, SA told that PDI will be done in their yard. Am not sure where their yard is (Advaith Hyundai's) .... Nelamangala is bit far

Btw, are you taking insurance from Hyundai or outside?
Old 20th April 2024, 12:18   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado82 View Post
Not yet reached that stage. But, SA told that PDI will be done in their yard. Am not sure where their yard is (Advaith Hyundai's) .... Nelamangala is bit far

Btw, are you taking insurance from Hyundai or outside?
Thanks for replying. I am taking it on carlease. So, company takes the insurance. They go with HDFC generally.
ShabbyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 14:50   #340

Quote:
I see that both of you are from Bangalore. I am getting my Creta from Trident Hyundai. They are saying PDI can only be done in the stockyard in Nelamangala which is around 1.5 hr drive from where I stay. How did you guys get the PDI done ?
I did the PDI at the showroom itself. The Advaith Hyundai ORR branch is a huge facility. My car with was kept on the terrace along with a hundred others in dusty rows under the scorching sun (but, that's normal I guess).
Old 20th April 2024, 20:34   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Talk to the showroom manager & mention about PDI. They are supposed to arrange it in the showroom itself. If you talk to Sales people they try to dodge away as its their responsibility to get the car and get it cleaned, checked etc.

Which Trident showroom are you dealing with?
Old 20th April 2024, 20:37   #342
BHPian

Owners of facelift Creta - Do we know the Kerb weight of different varaints?

I am interested in IVT SXO, DCT SXO, Diesel SXO & N-Line
Old 20th April 2024, 21:55   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Talk to the showroom manager & mention about PDI. They are supposed to arrange it in the showroom itself. If you talk to Sales people they try to dodge away as its their responsibility to get the car and get it cleaned, checked etc.

Which Trident showroom are you dealing with?
I am dealing with Trident on Hosur Road.
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:20   #344
BHPian

Quote:
I am dealing with Trident on Hosur Road.
I have been dealing with Trident Mahadevapura and the sales manager there is very cooperative.

In case anyone is booking any Hyundai car with this dealer, I can help with some references and some minor offers.
Old 22nd April 2024, 20:03   #345
BHPian

Question for all: Are you using the Idle Stop and Go (ISG) or are you disabling it? Google search and an existing thread on the same topic in the forum indicated that it may impact engine life. I also feel it may cause battery replacement earlier than normal. For Bangalore's stop-and-go traffic, I find it annoying when I need to stop only for a few seconds and then move on then stop again. The good engineering bit is that it doesn't activate until I cross 5 kmph again after being initiated the first time. Also not sure but I feel my car shakes up a lot more when the engine restarts through ISG, which may be because I have AC or music up and running causing stress on the battery/engine.
Schroeter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks