Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2024, 12:30   #241

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Hello All,

We are on the verge of finalizing Creta Sx (O) ivt Petrol variant. While officially dealer claims waiting period of 3-4 months they have confirmed to provide the same in about months time.

We were earlier looking to go for Black or new Green color, however one of the dealer pointed out that its more difficult to maintain a dark color car than a light color one.
Further he has one White color with him and he is ready to give that in a 15 days, which is the nominal time required for making payment and getting the Registration done.

Query:
1. Is it right that maintaining a Black, or a Dark color car is more cumbersome than white?

2. In terms of white Color cars, will the Daylight continuous LED stand out in white color on the road?

3. He also emphasized that the new Emerald Green color, while it's in trend now, later on becomes costly as at times company discontinues such a one-off color, he even quoted the Orangish color which was introduced in Creta (in 2018-19 around) & was later discontinued. is it

4. While there is no discount, he has agreed to offer Insurance at a discounted price of 75k instead of 93k (in Mumbai), is it worth going with Hyundai Assurance Program (HAP) or getting a quote from outside? anyone who has bought (especially in Mumbai) could help what max discount we can get on Insurance from the dealer?

Thanks in Advance...
GJGadget is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 14:51   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGadget View Post
Query:
1. Is it right that maintaining a Black, or a Dark color car is more cumbersome than white?
That's correct. Light colors like silver/white etc mask dust /swirl marks /minor scratches much better than darker shades. From my personal experience of owning black as well as silver colors, black had been tough one to maintain. Even dust settled after a long drive looks bad and if you have OCD then you'll have to put more effort to keep it shining. You also might have to look for coating like ceramic or ppf for darker shades. Though black color Creta looks awesome but no doubt it'll be pain to maintain

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th March 2024 at 14:53.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 19:32   #243
BHPian

From my experience with 2 vehicles both of which are our daily drivers, the first a glacier white (SUV- 3 years old), the other an abyss black (sedan - 6 months old).

While the white has aged quite gracefully, the black is a damn good looker, but is a real real pain to maintain. Even the slightest bit of dust makes the black color amplify the dust. Both vehicles are parked next to each other, and the white vehicle gets dusted (jopasu duster) once every two weeks, whereas the black almost every other day. Rarely water washed. Small swirl marks and tiny scratches are highlighted on the black.

With scorching summers the norm almost every year now, the black one becomes an oven. while the white fares comparitively better.

Talking about looks- the black takes the cake. White is too common!!
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 03:06   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

We are on the verge of finalizing Creta Sx (O) ivt Petrol variant. While officially dealer claims waiting period of 3-4 months they have confirmed to provide the same in about months time.

We were earlier looking to go for Black or new Green color, however one of the dealer pointed out that its more difficult to maintain a dark color car than a light color one.
Further he has one White color with him and he is ready to give that in a 15 days, which is the nominal time required for making payment and getting the Registration done.

Query:

2. In terms of white Color cars, will the Daylight continuous LED stand out in white color on the road?

3. He also emphasized that the new Emerald Green color, while it's in trend now, later on becomes costly as at times company discontinues such a one-off color, he even quoted the Orangish color which was introduced in Creta (in 2018-19 around) & was later discontinued. is it

4. While there is no discount, he has agreed to offer Insurance at a discounted price of 75k instead of 93k (in Mumbai), is it worth going with Hyundai Assurance Program (HAP) or getting a quote from outside? anyone who has bought (especially in Mumbai) could help what max discount we can get on Insurance from the dealer?

Thanks in Advance...
Hey! So I got my Creta SXO IVT delivered around 10 days back too!

Regarding your points:
  • Black or dark is harder to maintain usually. My old car was silver and it looked brand new till I sold it.
  • The day light LEDs look great on any colour.
  • I somewhat agree with this. I initially booked the Selto's green colour. But then when I later saw it on the road, it looked okay. Also these colours come in trends then go away. When I purchased grand i10, the orange colour was pretty famous for that one too! At the end of the day, it's more of a personal choice.
  • I too got insurance from outside. I tried finding out if HAP is vital but didn't seem that big of a deal if your insurance provides cashless.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_6716.jpg
sumeetchawla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 07:46   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's hard to maintain darker shades but the statement from the dealer should be taken with a pinch of salt. In case you are planning to get "that" car which the dealer suggested, make sure you do a thorough PDI to ensure that it's not a demo car or one with any defects. Some usually try to push off these cars to unsuspected or desperate buyers.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 07:52   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Query:

1. Yes it's right. I have a covered parking and a washing guy who washes my cars 6 days per week. I replaced my all black ecosport s with white Seltos GT Line facelift. I now need to wash my car only once a week. White is very maintenance friendly.
2. That should not be an issue on any color. Attaching a pic for reference.
3. He's right on this one. If one color is discontinued and it's not in high demand it becomes very cumbersome to procure it incase you need to repaint a certain panel of your car.
4. I always feel the in showroom insurance prices are very high and have never purchased from them. Even with Kia, the insurance price was 66 K. They were able to come down to 57, but nothing more than that. I went with Acko since I have had great experience in past with them and it costed me only 34 K with more add ons than the Kia insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_20240325_075224.jpg  

07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 11:25   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Hey! So I got my Creta SXO IVT delivered around 10 days back too!
Congratulations !

How do you find the Bose Music system with 8 speakers in the Creta ? I hear mix reviews about it, some say its very average (comparable to Grand Vitara's stock system) and some say its very good with right balance of mids, highes and lows.

I know in the previous Creta and even the latest gen Verna, the Team-BHP mods were not impressed with the sound quality considering the Bose branding. Has Hyundai made any changes to the setup or used better quality speakers this time ?
Old 25th March 2024, 15:30   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
With scorching summers the norm almost every year now, the black one becomes an oven. while the white fares comparitively better.
For cars with Panoramic Sunroof, I believe the color doesn't matter in summer in absorbing the heat, may be lighter colors will be marginally better than dark ones during evening times.
tornado82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 15:55   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado82 View Post
For cars with Panoramic Sunroof, I believe the color doesn't matter in summer in absorbing the heat, may be lighter colors will be marginally better than dark ones during evening times.
It still matters. Panaromic sunroof could remain closed in sun but dark colored body absorbs more heat than lighter one. We have 2 cars in family with panaromic sunroof (silver creta and black XUV7OO) and silver one remains much cooler when left under sun.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 25th March 2024 at 15:58.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 01:58   #250
BHPian

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift – Buying experience and Initial impressions….

It had been about 9 years since we got our used Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI - had got it in very good condition with 15K on the ODO, about 2.5 years old. It has served us well with 1.2 Lakh on ODO through the daily short grind on the busy streets Bombay and the frequent Bombay-Pune runs on the expressway (back when it wasn’t as busy and more fun to drive, especially in the rains, but that is a rant for another time....)

Though the engine was still going strong, the body and suspension were beginning to show the age and the kilometers that it had under the belt, and in comparison to the current generation of cars, the kit and safety features were dated... Still looked good though - some pictures of old girl.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_9926.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_9927.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_9929.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_9931.jpg

The initial idea was to get the old car sold off to try to get better value before the year turned - started the process up in Q3 23, finally getting it completed around Feb 24.
It was now time to look for a new ride in earnest. With previous positive experience with pre-owned car, and the value it brings, the first choice was to get a pre-owned car with low mileage and good maintenance record. The requirements as I could come up with

• Sedan or SUV, something that would be equal or an upgrade to the Verna
• Manual - do like to DRIVE my cars (dropping a gear sometimes on the open roads ......heaven..l)
• Current in terms of kit and safety features
• Good mix of comfort and performance
• Quick delivery timeline

Had been trying a few pre-owned ones, all this time, following the T-BHP used car buying guide

• Gen 2 Creta: Had too many fix-ups and visible underbody issues which pointed to it being in a few scrapes, good drive though
• Pre-facelift Seltos: Though seemed good mechanically, wasn’t as good as the Creta in terms of drive and kit
• Enquired on a few others: Lots of niggles and too many compromises

Some observations with the pre-owned market

• Majority of cars seemed to have ODO manipulations - even my car which I sold off had the ODO turned back
• Re-badging - again my car was listed as a SPEC higher
• Cars being marketed as younger - ditto with my car
• You are never sure about the accident history

You expect these tactics from the Not-Really-Friendly neighborhood dealers, but it seems to be a somewhat similar story with the organized sector...it would always bet a better option if you get a car from a reliable individual than a dealer, as was the case with my previous car. These challenges, and not having a lot of good options made looking at new cars options also a necessity. Here are some of the contenders... (all based on personal biases...so please...gentle with the brickbats...)

The New Verna Facelift
Good:
• Good drive, Hyundai seems to have sorted some of the floating suspension issues at high speed which plagued the earlier version
• The KIT is good with ADAS2, 6 Airbags, GNCAP rating, FE numbers
• The version I was looking at was the Manual Turbo SXO which came with all black interior which looked good (not sure how it will fare in the hot weather)
• The family liked the ride - suspension seems to be tuned to comfort, the look, the space in the back
• Hyundai's reliability and breadth of service network pan India
• The dealers generally mentioned 3–4-week delivery periods

Not as Good:
• The GC is still a concern though Hyundai has made significant updates, was always a sharp pain in the head to scrape over the over-zealous speed breakers even with 4 passengers sometimes
• No rear disc brakes even in manual top spec
• The polarizing looks - the back end is excellent, but the front has mixed opinions, and the symmetrical steering wheel ....
• Did not get to drive the manual in TD (apparently Hyundai has not made a lot available), and the sales person was not able to demo the ADAS features

Honda Elevate

Good and Not as Good:
• Great on the looks, Honda has nailed the strong front end, the interior brown leather is very classy
• Honda reliability
• Decent drive, the clutch and transmission could be more refined
• Decent KIT, space seemed a little on the cramped side when compared to competitors, and the suspension a little on the stiffer side
• ADAS features offered seemed to be not as refined as on others, turn assist camera view only on one side and does not get activated unless you give the full turn indicator (not on the partial touch), camera-based driver-assist features only and no radar

Honda City
Good:
• A known reliable entrant with all the right things, and a car that would probably serve me well into the next decade

Not so Good:
• KNOWN reliable entrant with not too many changes since some time
• Not a fan of the front end of last facelift

Kia Seltos
Good:
• Good drive and better KIT that others in the segment, essentially introduced features have been moved over to the Hyundai cousins
• Great looks, exterior and interior, especially the facelift, great looking center console
• All One touch up windows
Not so Good:
• No ADAS in manual version, you need to go for Automatic
• Higher cost for CVT G and X line versions to get ADAS features
• Not as extensive services network

VW Virtus and Tiagun
Good:
• Classical looks, European classic build quality
• 5 start GNCAP ratings and segment leading GC
• Discounts available from dealers on ex-showroom

Not so Good:
• No ADAS and other features as compared to others in segment at similar price-pointed
• Though had heard great reviews on drive (and even the sales person, the 1.0 L version, that I got to TD, did not seem as exciting, especially compared to the older and new Verna
• The sales folks seemed to be coached to actively push the 1.0 L model as opposed to the 1.5 L liter due to the higher costs
• VW after sales/service and maintenance stories

Skoda Slavia

Good:
• The Skoda stable has always had good looking cars and the few Salvia I saw on road were definitely head turners and wanted to try that out
• * Copy paste others from Virtus * since it is the same platform

Not so Good:
• * Copy paste from Virus * since it is essentially the same platform
• Could not get the TD scheduled, due to conflicts
• One thing which should be added to at a personal level for VW and the family is lack of localization on the wheel assemblies - hate the left-hand turn indicators. For a market as big as India with the growth potential, it could be something I would like to seem

New Creta Facelift

Good:
• The facelift was launched very recently, and definitely overcomes the polarizing views of the earlier version
• Test drove the new version AT and it reinforced good driving experiences from earlier version
• Great KIT, ADAS2 features seem to be the most refined and well-integrated
• The updated two-tone interiors are very welcoming
• The panoramic sun-roof which was a special requirement from my nephew
• The Creta has been on my radar since the first GEN Creta was launched, and I actually was quite fond

Not so Good:
• No GNCAP or BNCAP rating as of now, older Gen did not have higher rating
• No Turbo option in Manual
• 2-4 month wait times from the local dealers where I enquired
• The gap in the front grill with exposed sensor as pointed in numerous forums

With all the above considerations, it seemed that the new Verna matched most of the requirements, would be the way forward. This began the process of deal shopping, talking to the dealers close to me.
That is when I got an interesting call - from a dealer I was not leaning towards and whom I had asked earlier about the Creta - he had a car Creta available in the version I was looking and the color I wanted - would I be interested? At first, I thought it was a ploy to keep me hooked, and there have been stories of delivery dates getting extended going around. Did not think too much on it, and was focused on Plan Verna.
A few days go by and the other dealer calls again about the Creta - if I had made any decision. Had to ask few probing questions

- Was the car available now/immediately?
- Was it a TD vehicle or had any other issues?
- What month was it manufactured and it wasn’t an older model?
- Any other issues?

Along with the answers, the ask was to get a booking amount paid up and there was 1–2-week delivery promised. However, given the high demand, it had to closed quickly and certain value of dealer insurance and accessories buying were expected, but getting a new car which was high on the list in 2 weeks was an exciting prospect.

Things moved fairly quickly after that

- Paid the booking amount
- Got finances defined
- Had asked for PDI - had to travel to the yard which was little out of way - but tried to check as per the checklist - Some photos of the PDI

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_0133.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_0134.jpg

- Paid the remaining amount (tried to negotiate the insurance and accessories, but that was the one negative experience with the dealership)
- Got the extended warranty for 5 years and Sheild of Trust for wear and tear prone parts the maximum duration (5 years)
- 1 week had already passed by then, and asked for a Saturday morning delivery
- Booking was done in March 1st week and was planned in 3rd Week of March which was quite a turn around
- RTO and other processes got done in the meantime

Finally, after what seemed like and agonizingly long few days, the D-day arrived. Reached the dealership at the designated time. The process was fairly standard - with paperwork, puja, delivery ceremony and demo. Some clicks from the day

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-ozyi4708.jpg
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_0156.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-grhx7857.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-tksd2577.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-rexa5288.jpg

Initial impressions....

It has literally been only a few days since the delivery and the ODO still reads ~100 KM with a couple of office and local runs, so the car hasn’t had any time to make real impression, but some initial thoughts

• Looks - Was already a fan and the facelift has moved opinion more towards positive
• Interiors - The standard dual tone makes the car looks spacious and should also help in the Indian summers
• Electronics and infotainment - Hyundai does offer a lot of KIT, yet to explore all the options, but is towards the top in the segment, the Bose system seems quite good, Bluelink seems useful, the ADAS features in particular are very well integrated, especially with wider and taller presence compared to the Verna, the 3d view and Driving assistance do their job quite well, the center console could have been a tad better by Hyundai for the cost on road
• NVH - Hyundai always had this sorted and this is no different, you are very well insulated from the outside world, will have to observe this more with some highway runs
• Engine and Performance - The engine does seem smooth and the power delivery is very uniform, however, the manual does seem to miss TURBO and the added power, especially coming from the 1.6 CRDI, it does seem to lack a bit on power, again will have to look at this over a longer period
• Comfort - The front and back seats seem very comfortable, can’t wait to get into some long drives up

TODO - Need to look at PPH coating - have to look at the reviews, cost and some good options nearby

Some additional pics from the first few days, will add more detailed experience review once the car has a few more kilometers under its belt......

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_e0212.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_e0213.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_e0214.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_e0215.jpg
ridersam is online now   (37) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 12:44   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Congratulations !

How do you find the Bose Music system with 8 speakers in the Creta ? I hear mix reviews about it, some say its very average (comparable to Grand Vitara's stock system) and some say its very good with right balance of mids, highes and lows.

I know in the previous Creta and even the latest gen Verna, the Team-BHP mods were not impressed with the sound quality considering the Bose branding. Has Hyundai made any changes to the setup or used better quality speakers this time ?
Hey! To be honest, I found it to be great. The bass is not ground shattering but it's good enough. No spatial effect like those airpods or dolby atmos and stuff but definitely good enough.

My previous speakers were the stock speakers of the grand i10 asta and they were also good enough but this is a huge upgrade.

Right now I haven't played music at really high volumes while driving as it' a new car and giving it time to get accustomed to everything haha
sumeetchawla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 18:38   #252
BHPian

Had a detailed discussion with one of the Hyundai sales manager and got to know that Air purifier has been removed from the hand rest area and instead integrated with the AC. This saves space and prevents issues with electronics. So actually air purifier is not missing in Creta.

Some people mentioned that N-Line N10 will have dashcam feature from the front 360 cam setup. But that is not true. Strangely dashcam has only been provided in N8.

Semi-Leather seats in SX Tech variant means the side walls of the seat has synthetic leather and the rest (middle part) of the seat is fabric.
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 05:23   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Had a detailed discussion with one of the Hyundai sales manager and got to know that Air purifier has been removed from the hand rest area and instead integrated with the AC. This saves space and prevents issues with electronics. So actually air purifier is not missing in Creta.
Yes, the Air purifier is definitely there and integrated with the AC system. The other day I was driving and a notification came on the screen saying 'impurities were removed'. So it works very well.
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 14:58   #254

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi to all BHPians,

My name is Om Purswani, follower of Team-BHP since 2013 when I first landed here through Google search and since then I am addicted to it like all other BHPians. Thanks to Mods for approving my membership.

Added another Hyundai to the garage, previous one being the 2017 Verna MT Diesel. After a 2 month long wait, just got the delivery of the facelift Creta Titan Grey SX(O) AT Diesel from Kothari Hyundai, Shankar Sheth branch, Pune.

- Took it straight to Aquatint detailing studio for PPF and got the door handles repainted from chrome to the body color, titan grey.
- Got GFX mats from zapcart, perfect fit and finish.
- Screenguard from a brand called spartan on amazon.
- Arctic cool sunfilm from the authorised Garware distributor.

Love the grey interiors. Definitely a head turner especially because the facelift Creta in grey is rare as of now. Will update soon about how it drives. Cheers and Drive safe.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_0242.jpeg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_0243.jpeg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_0245.jpeg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_0246.jpeg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th March 2024 at 20:21. Reason: Please proofread posts for typos and formatting before submitting. Thanks.
Om_p is offline   (11) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 27th March 2024, 16:46   #255
BHPian

Congratulations OM on your newest ride. Looks sweet indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om_p View Post
Hi to all BHPians,

- Took it straight to Aquatint detailing studio for ppf and got the door handles repainted from chrome to the body color, titan grey.
Question on the above - did you get the full body PPF or partial? And if you could share some details on time it took, cost and any other info.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th March 2024 at 20:22. Reason: Typos and formatting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks