Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2024, 21:32   #91
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

I am contemplating between Creta and Seltos (Petrol Auto) to replace my 12 yr. old Ritz D Manual and it sure is not an easy task choosing among the two. Confused between IVT and DCT but am preferring IVT due to it being more reliable and with better fuel economy compared to DCT. I have test driven both Seltos (Petrol DCT) and new Creta (Diesel AT). Unfortunately IVT Auto variants were not available to Test Drive for both cars and am waiting to Test Drive them soon.

My observations post driving both Cars are as below:

- Personally for me, New Creta looks more Classy and better with clean lines, Exterior looks wise. Seltos looks good as well, but looks slightly over done to me and i did not like the Chrome strip at the front.

- Creta Interiors Color scheme did not look that great with light grey and cream when i checked it the 1st time. On my 2nd visit, when i spent some time inside and during the Test Drive, it was looking the more inviting, classy and roomier cabin. For some reason, the Seltos DCT Cabin looked a bit smaller and claustrophobic, maybe due to the dark color interior scheme. To add, both my Wife and Daughter felt the same and voted for the Creta. Not sure if it is going to be a task to maintain the interior though.

- To me, the Door of the Creta felt more heavy and assuring than the Seltos. Now, it can also be because the Creta was a new one and Seltos might have been abused a bit. Still, Creta felt better to me.

- Lot has been talked about the Interior Design Layout and the Glossy Black Infotainment and majority opinion being Seltos Layout being the better one. The front infotainment panel layout being inverted to the Seltos one, is not a concern to me and i maybe prefer the Creta layout more as the whole dashboard is in a straight uniform line.
Honestly, i dont mind either of them, coming from a Ritz D Interior Layout. Both look good to me. So, not a major deciding factor for me.

- Ride was plush, stable with good NVH levels in both of them but will not elaborate more, as i am more interested in IVT. Front visibility was also good in both, but i felt it slightly better in Creta with bonnet ends clearly visible. Seating comfort at front and back was good in both of them.

- In base or mid variants, it is true that Seltos offers more features than Creta, but i feel it is pretty close in the top end variants for both. Yes, Creta does miss out on One touch up down for all Windows, Fog Lamps, Rain sensing wipers and Middle Passenger Headrest.

- What might tilt the balance towards Creta is that i am thinking to go for the variant with ADAS and 360 Deg Camera, as i dont change Cars that often. And it is only Creta that offers it in the IVT top-end variant. Seltos does not, so far.

- One thing that bothers me is the large gap in the front grill where anyone can slide their hand in and cause damage if any malicious intent and also the sensor or fuse that sticks out behind the Front Grill. Any idea what that sensor is for and are both of these concerns valid?

I plan to do a booking before this month end and hoping for delivery in the next 2 months. Hopefully, the IVT variant gets available for Test Drive before that.

Had few queries regarding on the same and if someone can clarify my doubts, that would be great.

- Is the rubber band effect felt prominently in the Hyundai IVT Engine or is it not noticeable? How is it compared to CVT in Elevate, where i have read that the Rubber Band effect is prominent.

- Is there any performance difference between the IVT Engines in Hyundai and Kia, tuning wise or how it responds to accelerator input?

- Does the performance of IVT engines degrade over time, in regards to Acceleration response time or Engine Noise / NVH Levels? Or does it stay consistent?

- Has anyone managed to Test Drive the new Creta in IVT form and any feedback on the same would be appreciated.

Looking forward to inputs from our esteemed Members.
abhi3284 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Since you own Seltos GTX+DCT, I would love to hear your experience on drive quality differential for 17 vs 18 inchers on Seltos/Creta.
See before purchasing the GT Line Seltos, I extensively test drove the Carens as well. Ride quality was a key criteria for us, and we knew the Carens would pass the test with flying colors. It did. But we just test drove the Seltos for the sake of it. On the same patch the Seltos was just about 10 % inferior to the Carens. So the Carens was indeed better in ride quality, but only that much. I had driven the pre facelift Creta, and I feel the Carens and Creta (17 inch) would be equal to eachother in ride quality. That way, the Seltos GT Line DCT was slightly inferior to both, but it's not at all deal breaker, because it more than makes up for it for a better ride and handling on the highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
I believe except for the gear lever which looks better in the automatic variant, everything would look similar. Correct me if I am wrong. Also the AC unit, although with dual zone climate control, in the new Creta, automatic or manual, looks like it belongs in the pre 2010 era. Seltos provides the same functionality and offers a much more stylish and sleeker look.

The ride quality of the Creta is no doubt a tad bit better than Seltos but its not a night and day difference like it was back in 2019 especially after Kia has tuned it's suspension in the facelift Seltos.

Personally I like the suspension of Seltos more that offers a fine balance between comfort and handling. Unless you live in place that has a lot of pot holes and unmetalled roads, the creta won't offer much advantage in terms of comfort over the seltos, especially the techline vairants that come with 17 inch tyres.
Couldn't agree more on the calculator type Climate Control panel in Creta FL.
Bingo on the ride quality aspect as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
- One thing that bothers me is the large gap in the front grill where anyone can slide their hand in and cause damage if any malicious intent and also the sensor or fuse that sticks out behind the Front Grill. Any idea what that sensor is for and are both of these concerns valid?
It is indeed a point of concern for me IMO. Not because of malicious intent of others, but more because on the highways at high speeds, lot of stones, pebbles and what not does keep bouncing off. I am concerned how much such things might impact the engine bay, because anything can enter there easily. You will also need to keep a watch for sparrows, cats, rats, snakes etc easily hiding there (Yes, it's that big!).

The sensor is of climate control as per one of the reviewers (don't remember which one).

Last edited by 07CR : 23rd January 2024 at 22:10.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am contemplating between Creta and Seltos (Petrol Auto) to replace my 12 yr. old Ritz D Manual and it sure is not an easy task choosing among the two. Confused between IVT and DCT but am preferring IVT due to it being more reliable and with better fuel economy compared to DCT.
Had few queries regarding on the same and if someone can clarify my doubts, that would be great.

- Is the rubber band effect felt prominently in the Hyundai IVT Engine or is it not noticeable? How is it compared to CVT in Elevate, where i have read that the Rubber Band effect is prominent.

- Is there any performance difference between the IVT Engines in Hyundai and Kia, tuning wise or how it responds to accelerator input?

- Does the performance of IVT engines degrade over time, in regards to Acceleration response time or Engine Noise / NVH Levels? Or does it stay consistent?

- Has anyone managed to Test Drive the new Creta in IVT form and any feedback on the same would be appreciated.

Though I have not driven FL Creta/Seltos, we have both the current gen IVTs in the family so I can answer some of your questions since the engine is same in FL model.

IVT is very smooth and silent in city driving conditions. You may find some rubber band effect on highways specially during quick overtakes. However, if you are not looking for pedal to metal driving and are a calm, relaxed driver then IVT does the job very well.

Both Creta and Seltos have same engine and same tuning so performance wise, both are identical.

Creta is 2.5 years old and Seltos is 2 years old and there is no degradation in performance. IVT has been doing the job very well and NVH level is excellent. Usually the CVT engines (IVT in Hyundai language) are low maintenance and long lasting so I don't expect it to degrade over time.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 23rd January 2024 at 22:17.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:50   #94
BHPian

I see a lot of comparison between the centre console and HVAC units of the FL Creta and Seltos. It’s good to have a discussion, but I’m not sure if so much of it is really necessary. The FL Creta has a sad looking HVAC unit. Period. However, the one in the Seltos isn’t that smart looking either IMHO (certainly better than the Creta though).

Now when it comes to the centre console, I prefer the one in the Creta with AT transmission. Obviously the quality of the plastic is CHEAP, but it looks just so classy and premium. I hate Hyundai for not giving it a better plastic. At the same time, I find the center console of the Seltos less appealing. It gives off an incomplete vibe and comes across as somewhat lackluster.

But they are just my observations. Some will agree, some will not. And that’s the beauty of this forum, isn’t! It’s a personal choice to like or dislike design elements. After all, I see a lot of people who like the FL Creta HVAC unit. Oouch!
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:56   #95
BHPian

Quote:

From our own review on Page 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Exterior Review

Outside air temperature sensor sits right behind the grille and looks out of place. Should have been better concealed:
Attachment 2559651
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 17:50   #96
BHPian

Interestingly, none of the dealerships we recently contacted had the FL Creta with an AT transmission for display. We requested a nearby dealer to allow us a quick look when they receive one for delivery. Today, we got a chance to inspect the FL Creta with IVT transmission, and I must admit that the AT centre console looks appealing in person, despite the cheap plastic. Also, it didn’t creak much, actually close to no creaking at all, but that could change when the car is a little old.

However, the HVAC unit still remains a noticeable drawback in the interior. It somehow looks dated and sad. Not sure if it can ever grow on us. The rest of the cabin ambiance is classy and modern, and the grey color theme definitely surpasses the all-black interior. IMHO, all black interior (roofline included) just doesn’t give you a premium vibe and feels claustrophobic too. The Seltos Xline's interior color theme is our favourite in the segment though.

Disclaimer: as stated, the car was scheduled for delivery to a customer and we treated it with utmost respect without fiddling around.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_2912.jpeg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_2911.jpeg  

Last edited by Col Mehta : 24th January 2024 at 17:59.
Col Mehta is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 19:07   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Interestingly, none of the dealerships we recently contacted had the FL Creta with an AT transmission for display. We requested a nearby dealer to allow us a quick look when they receive one for delivery. Today, we got a chance to inspect the FL Creta with IVT transmission, and I must admit that the AT centre console looks appealing in person, despite the cheap plastic. Also, it didn’t creak much, actually close to no creaking at all, but that could change when the car is a little old.
While Creta's centre console has been criticized a lot, the Hyundai Auto gearshifts deserve some praise. The design looks excellent and way more premium than rest of the car. Looks straight out of a 50L rupee car!
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 08:17   #98

Quote:

I am in the same boat as you - upgrading from a 2011 Ritz Diesel. Took a test drive of Creta IVT yesterday. I would say the drive comfort in Creta is slightly better than the Elevate and definitely better than Seltos (For reference, I drove in Bangalore where the roads are generally scattered with potholes).
The IVT response is the same as Seltos. You can feel the rubber band effect in Eco mode. But, Sports mode masks it quite well (much better than the Elevate).
Coming from Ritz diesel, I can confidently say that you will not feel much of the rubberband effect even in Normal mode either unless you have been driving newer cars. But, there is no way we can compare to DCTs or ATs.
The engine is super silent - IVT or manual doesn't make a difference here.
The biggest factor tilting the scale in favour of Creta is the AutoHold feature availability in the lower automatic trims while Seltos only has it in the top trim.
Of the center console on Seltos is better than that on the Creta. But home ministry is valuing the AutoHold feature over other features that Seltos provides .
I would have asked you to try the GV as well due it having torque convertor. But, when I entered the car, everything other than the center console reminded me of the 13 year old Ritz. And you are also a Ritz owner.
IMHO, if you stay in a city like Bangalore with pothole filled roads and min 70% of drive is in the city, prefer Creta else go with Seltos. You can't go wrong with either.
FYI, I had booked a XUV700 earlier but had to drop it due to family continuously raising concern on its size (We are family of 4 with the youngest one being less than a year old). Once you drive XUV700, it difficult to be satisfied by a compact SUV in terms of either performance or drive comfort.
ShabbyG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 10:10   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyG View Post
IMHO, if you stay in a city like Bangalore with pothole filled roads and min 70% of drive is in the city, prefer Creta else go with Seltos. You can't go wrong with either.
Some folks/reviewers are of the opinion that the riding comfort of the new Seltos is near to 90% of Creta's.

Was the tyre pressure of both cars normal or high? Dealers are usually lazy and inflate it to 40-44 PSI.

As a fellow Ritz diesel owner, the slow speed riding comfort of Ritz was one of it's negatives

Last edited by mithun : 26th January 2024 at 10:12.
Old 27th January 2024, 09:39   #100
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta facelift waiting periods stretch to 5 months.

Quote:
- Creta diesel MT and AT waiting period is 4-5 months

- Creta petrol and turbo-petrol waiting period is 3-4 months

- Most popular variant is top-spec SX(O); most popular colour is black
Source
Old 27th January 2024, 15:28   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Some folks/reviewers are of the opinion that the riding comfort of the new Seltos is near to 90% of Creta's.

Was the tyre pressure of both cars normal or high? Dealers are usually lazy and inflate it to 40-44 PSI.

As a fellow Ritz diesel owner, the slow speed riding comfort of Ritz was one of it's negatives
In Bangalore, there are roads on potholes and not the other way around . Both were set to high pressure and I test drove on the same bad roads. I could feel the difference between the two. Of course, both have far higher comfort when compared to Ritz.
I see that you are from Cochin & if your usage is there, then Creta or Seltos shouldn't make a difference w.r.t. ride quality.
Old 27th January 2024, 17:57   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
While Creta's centre console has been criticized a lot,
Normally I don't like taking polarizing positions, but Seltos beats Creta hands down on interiors this time. Just came out seeing new Creta FL, the difference between Creta and Seltos is amply clear - the color tones and interior vibe is one notch below Seltos. Except for that bronze color usage, there is very little that Creta can compete with Seltos. I am not even taking those sage green interiors in Seltos into consideration for comparison here.
This difference wasn't so stark in the pre facelift editions.
Old 27th January 2024, 18:11   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR
This was true of 2019 seltos. With the facelift even with 18 inch wheels the ride has become extremely mature. While creta might still be softer, I feel the ride of seltos is perfect for long highway drives as well as city drives. Yet to drive the new Creta, but I feel it will be equally capable be it highway or city.
Agree on this. I have recently driven both the cars back-to-back and can confirm that the Seltos is now nearly ~95% there in terms of ride quality of the Creta. As a matter of fact, I found the FL Creta to have slightly firmer edge compared to the pre-FL model.

Tire pressures in both the cars were at 43 - 45 psi levels. So, rest assured at 33 psi, they will definitely ride a lot better.

I had also driven the FL Seltos D AT when it was launched back in Aug 2023, and there was a marked improvement in the ride quality then. I had mentioned the same in my TD impressions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Creta facelift waiting periods stretch to 5 months.
Ah ! The usual marketing / PR crap! And soon you'll will have the cars available in-stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger
Normally I don't like taking polarizing positions, but Seltos beats Creta hands down on interiors this time. Just came out seeing new Creta FL, the difference between Creta and Seltos is amply clear - the color tones and interior vibe is one notch below Seltos. Except for that bronze color usage, there is very little that Creta can compete with Seltos. I am not even taking those sage green interiors in Seltos into consideration for comparison here.
This difference wasn't so stark in the pre facelift editions.
Very aptly put. Couldn't agree more.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 27th January 2024 at 18:13.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 18:11   #104

I saw upcoming Hyundai Creta N Line Today.
Old 27th January 2024, 18:18   #105
BHPian

Question for All: If we keep aside the Exterior and Interior looks and rest all things being the same between Seltos and Creta IVT variants, is it worth paying ~ 2 lakhs more than Seltos IVT for Creta SX(O) IVT which has ADAS Tech, 360 deg. Camera, Front Ventilated Seats, Wireless Charger?
Or skipping these features wont make a world of difference and should not be a deciding factor in choosing among the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyG View Post
I am in the same boat as you - upgrading from a 2011 Ritz Diesel. Took a test drive of Creta IVT yesterday. I would say the drive comfort in Creta is slightly better than the Elevate and definitely better than Seltos (For reference, I drove in Bangalore where the roads are generally scattered with potholes).
The IVT response is the same as Seltos. You can feel the rubber band effect in Eco mode. But, Sports mode masks it quite well (much better than the Elevate).
Coming from Ritz diesel, I can confidently say that you will not feel much of the rubberband effect even in Normal mode either unless you have been driving newer cars. But, there is no way we can compare to DCTs or ATs.
The engine is super silent - IVT or manual doesn't make a difference here.
The biggest factor tilting the scale in favour of Creta is the AutoHold feature availability in the lower automatic trims while Seltos only has it in the top trim.
Of the center console on Seltos is better than that on the Creta. But home ministry is valuing the AutoHold feature over other features that Seltos provides .
I would have asked you to try the GV as well due it having torque convertor. But, when I entered the car, everything other than the center console reminded me of the 13 year old Ritz. And you are also a Ritz owner.
FYI, I had booked a XUV700 earlier but had to drop it due to family continuously raising concern on its size (We are family of 4 with the youngest one being less than a year old). Once you drive XUV700, it difficult to be satisfied by a compact SUV in terms of either performance or drive comfort.
Thanks. Your feedback helps. Hopefully, i get a chance to do a back to back TD of Creta and Seltos IVT within the next 2 days, which will help me make my decision. Agree with you about the immensely helpful Auto Hold Feature in Creta from S (O) variant itself. It annoys me that Seltos has IVT transmission only in 1 HTX variant. A top end IVT would have made things a bit easier for me.

I have decided to go for another manufacturer this time and not Maruti Suzuki. Even though Ritz has largely been trouble free for the past 12 Yrs. and is definitely one of the better built Marutis from that time.

Common consensus is that there is very little to choose between Creta and Seltos and you can't go wrong with either. But, i am having a very hard time deciding between the two...

Checking with a Hyundai Dealer here in Pune, i was quoted a waiting period of 6 months as communicated to them by Hyundai. Dont know if it is a generic statement. Irrespective of that, not sure if i would want to wait that long.

Finally, have you made your decision on your Ritz replacement?

Last edited by abhi3284 : 27th January 2024 at 18:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks