Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2024, 21:43   #31
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Hi Review team, review covered almost all new features of facelift in detail,thank you for the effort. I request you to write in depth about real world functions of ADAS in this particular vehicle.

Also, ADAS is also present in manual variant, curious to know how it is integrated to manual shifts.

For a car costing 25L, there's no back lit power window button, ugly reversing lamp, license plate light, eyesore HVAC control panel,also they silently deleted air purifier.

Looking at the interiors of the turbo petrol variant, Hyundai has left some additional bits like dark interiors, aluminum pedals, dual exhaust for N line.

Last edited by tiagoatrix : 17th January 2024 at 21:47.
tiagoatrix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 21:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Prices being quoted at BLR, it’s just not the Road tax that is inflating the cost.
Also is Air Purifier completely missing or integrated in Centre Display?
Insurance is inflated as usual and 20-40k can be shaved off by negotiating or opting for outside insurance. Other optional add on are just that - optional, such as SoT, accessories etc. Only compulsory expenses are RTO and fastag. TCS is refundable and can be claimed during tax filing.
Old 17th January 2024, 21:59   #33
BHPian

Price inflation/gouging is real. The cost for the top model for this version of Creta is equal to current version of Alcazar!
car_aficianado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 22:30   #34
BHPian

Great and detailed review as always!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Buttons now get a piano black finish and are nice to operate. Buttons for the infotainment system, telephony and voice commands are placed on the left spoke. Buttons on the right spoke now have the ADAS controls
Dear Hyundai, where is the consistency across your own models . Verna gets the ADAS controls on the left and Infotainment/telephony control on the right and its exactly the opposite in the Creta!

Last edited by vignesh207 : 17th January 2024 at 22:30. Reason: Missed a line
vignesh207 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 22:56   #35
BHPian

Pre-facelift version of Creta had one big advantage over Seltos - the panoramic sunroof. And that factor alone was enough to drive people in favor of Creta.

With facelift versions now, I feel Creta has completely lost it and Seltos is a much better offering between the two.

Areas where Seltos trumps Creta:

1. Well, the general consensus is that Seltos looks better than Creta. Hyundai design needs time to take a liking.
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-1_overall.png

2. The dual exhaust in Seltos vs one in Creta (use to be dual in pre-facelift model)
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-2_rear.png

3. Presence of fog lamps
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-3_front.png

4. All illuminated switches with auto up and down for all windows
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-4_window.png

5. Aluminium pedals
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-5_pedals.png

6. Alignment of Infotainment screen as Mr Anderson pointed out. It really feels different (in a weird way) and you cannot unsee it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Creta's infotainment screen looks like they flipped the screen in seltos upside down
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-6_screen.png

7. HVAC control, of course!
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-7_ac.png

8. All 3 seats have height adjustable headrest
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-9_rearseat.png

9. Head-up display
10. Rain sensing wipers

Areas where Creta trumps Seltos:
1. IMO, the gear level of Creta is chunkier to hold and got a premium feel to it
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-8_gear.png

2. Keyfob. I think tiny buttons on Seltos key might lead to accidental pressing of wrong buttons. Big keys help to feel the right even without looking at the keyfob.
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-10_key.png

Image source: Team-BHP official reviews
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 23:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
With facelift versions now, I feel Creta has completely lost it and Seltos is a much better offering between the two.
There's few more areas Seltos FL trumps Creta FL-
  1. Few misses compared to Seltos GT Line and lower trims I have noticed till now-
  2. Single reversing lamp
  3. No dynamic mode for the instrument cluster
  4. Ambient light provided only on the passenger side dashboard (Seltos gets it on the passenger dashboard and both front doors as well)
  5. Single Orange colored ambient light as opposed to multi color in Seltos
  6. Lower trims miss out on lot of goodies-
  7. In SX trim (HTX+ equivalent of Seltos), Hyundai does not offer Electric seats, the Alcazar's instrument cluster (Basic Verna one is offered instead), No ventilated seats, No Bose Speakers and the likes. All of these available on Seltos HTX+. Similar story on S(O) variant of Creta and HTX variant of Seltos.
  8. Auto dimming IRVM available only on the SX(O) trim. In seltos this is available from HTX.
  9. Front Parking sensors available only on the SX(O) trim. In seltos this is available from HTK.

Creta on the other hand only offers a cooled Glovebox and puddle lamps over Seltos.
07CR is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 23:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Congratulations on the new car and wish you happy miles with it!

Is your car MT or IVT? Because the car in pics looks like IVT.
Pictures are from test drive IVT car, and the one he booked is MT.
rx100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 23:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_aficianado View Post
Price inflation/gouging is real. The cost for the top model for this version of Creta is equal to current version of Alcazar!
Very true @car_aficianado

And just to highlight they have clearly mentioned this is an introductory price

While I took delivery of my SXO AT on 21 December in Bangalore, the on road price was Rs 22,58,501 (5 day delivery). I managed to get a substantial year end discount and better exchange value for my 18 year old Getz GLE 1.3l MT

The same SXO AT variant now reaches Rs 24,01,592 with no discounts and longer waiting period (of course with ADAS and possibly strengthened body structure)

Given the typical Creta waitlist of 2 to 3 months, the possibility of a mid year hike seems very real
IamGetz is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 00:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGetz View Post

While I took delivery of my SXO AT on 21 December in Bangalore, the on road price was Rs 22,58,501 (5 day delivery). I managed to get a substantial year end discount and better exchange value for my 18 year old Getz GLE 1.3l MT

The same SXO AT variant now reaches Rs 24,01,592 with no discounts and longer waiting period (of course with ADAS and possibly strengthened body structure)

Given the typical Creta waitlist of 2 to 3 months, the possibility of a mid year hike seems very real
Precisely the point - Every mid cycle upgrade, the price hike is inevitable. Leading to an OTR of 25L for a crossover SUV.
Very interesting times for the car companies and junta alike!
Old 18th January 2024, 09:44   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Pre-facelift version of Creta had one big advantage over Seltos - the panoramic sunroof. And that factor alone was enough to drive people in favor of Creta.

You're very much right

Adding some points...

Areas where Creta trumps Seltos:

1. Ride quality - a very important factor for family audiences
2. Service network
3. Creta's rear seats feels more roomy(in general)
4. 7 Years extended warranty
mithun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 09:50   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGetz View Post

I shared the latest prices for Bangalore - SXO AT both petrol and Diesel are 25.6L and is introductory prices. Soon with N-Line or Darknight# editions it will cost same as Harrier.
NaveenKD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 10:09   #42
BHPian

I had pre booked Creta on 10-January and visited showroom yesterday to view vehicle in person. I also have similar observations as shared by most of the folks on this group.

Things I liked in Creta -
  • Front and Rear of FL Creta looks far better than outgoing version.
  • Interiors are specious and although dash color option could have been different, the gray tone looks better than black color dash in Seltos.
  • Top end SX(O) version comes in 2 engine and transmission options while GTX and X Line in Seltos has only 1 engine and transmission option.

Things disliked -
  • Considering price point for SX(O), key features are missed (which are present in Seltos) - Air Purifier, all 4 Auto up / Down buttons with illumination, Rain Sensing Wipers etc.
  • Center Console does not justify at that price point. Seltos interiors feel more premium than Creta.
  • I personally think Creta SX(O) DCT is comparable with Seltos GTX+ DCT version. Price gap between these 2 versions is around 50K in Mumbai (Creta being more expensive between two but still missing some features above).
  • New Robust Emerald Perl Color looks good on Creta but I still don't understand why Hyundai keeps painting C pillar with silver color. The combination doesn't look great on vehicle.

Looking at vehicle in person, I am seriously considering Seltos over Creta now.

Last edited by F1amit : 18th January 2024 at 10:11.
F1amit is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 10:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai used to pack features from two segments above in their cars. This used to be the reason why cars like Creta, despite polarizing looks sell like hot cakes.

Unfortunately their attention has turned to cost cutting now. Some of these omissions are glaring with sister brand offering them at same price point. Seltos is going become the undisputed leader in this segment with its drop dead looks and feature list.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-2024_hyundai_creta_facelift_interior_39.jpg
This picture with a 6' person struggling for space remind me of European hatchbacks like Polo. This is atrocious in a 4300mm SUV.
poloman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 11:18   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
This picture with a 6' person struggling for space remind me of European hatchbacks like Polo. This is atrocious in a 4300mm SUV.
Rear seat comfort was one of the USP's of the Creta primarily against the Seltos. I'm not sure if they've changed anything with this FL but this image looks concerning.

I'll be visiting the Hyundai showroom this weekend to have a look at the FL Creta.
Old 18th January 2024, 11:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagoatrix View Post
also they silently deleted air purifier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
[*] Considering price point for SX(O), key features are missed (which are present in Seltos) - Air Purifier
I doubt Hyundai would do that. In the new Verna, air purifier is now integrated with car's HVAC and AQI information is showed on the infotainment screen.

Expecting Creta to have the same. However, I checked the Hyundai website and there is no mention of integrated air purifier in Creta!!

Do check it out under Climate option in the AVN screen when you visit a showroom and keep us posted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks