Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2024, 20:15   #76
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
What are the waiting periods that are being quoted? I had made a booking in Nov 2023, but decided to wait and move to facelift. For MPi SX(O) IVT Black, I am now being quoted 28-32 weeks !!
I was told the waiting period is 12-16 weeks in Bangalore for the MPI IVT SX(O), and it seems can be delivered faster than that. As per the sales advisor, the waiting period may vary based on the color as well and black seems to be the one in demand as of now, so may have a longer waiting period.
Schroeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 20:34   #77
Senior - BHPian

I think there is no doubt that the Creta is looked upon by buyers as a reliable, value for money offering backed up by Hyundai service. It is a complete no-nonsense car, especially the petrol NA and diesel variants, has good space, performance and road presence (for those who care). This is on top of equipment that works and lasts well. The much maligned Bose speakers do not crackle up after a few years (of course they do not sound as great as their reputation) . The Creta is the Maruti equivalent of the mid-sized CSUVs. Thoroughly deserves the numbers it gets.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 23:46   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Being a Hyundai Creta SXO Diesel MT 2015 owner and having pre-booked the Creta FL, today visited showroom to see vehicle.
Been reading diverse views on the looks, however with whatever images i had seen, I thought its a well designed model.
On Display, showroom only had a Green MT SXO model for Display.
The car is good looking both from front and the rear, however the silver plastic from roof to D-Pillar is an eye sore.
What was shocking was I never thought I would be so underwhelmed with interiors. The choice of plastic color (Light grey same as in my 2005 Wagon R), the steering, the central display, felt like shoddy after market job.
Didn’t feel like spend more time, we went back to our car, and at the same time me and my spouse start appreciating how good our 8 years old top end Creta looked so refreshing compared to the new one.
I know looks are for each to its own …….
Completely agree. I thought the pictures might not do the justice and hence quickly visited the nearby Hyundai showroom for a peek.
While the exterior is kind of growing on from a design perspective, the interior is very disappointing. Unbelievably drab interiors with the AC console being completely out of place. Can not believe Verna and Creta are both from the same company.
However overall a good package notwithstanding the cost.
car_aficianado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 09:15   #79
BHPian

"Had posted below details in a FL seltos thread.
Noticed a discussion on the overall weight of Creta in this thread hence thought of sharing it here as well."

Following technical details on bonnet weight might be of interest to some of you.

Hyundai Creta 2016 anniversary edition (sx plus) creta bonnet weight 7.42 kgs
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_20240121_225535.jpg

Kia Seltos 2023 GTX plus bonnet weight - 9.18 kgs
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_20240121_225420.jpg

Hyundai Creta 2024 SX (O) plus bonnet weight - 9.25 kgs
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_20240121_225615.jpg

Clearly evident that the new versions of creta & seltos have worked on the metal quality

Would someone have a comparison on kerb weights of diesel like to like variants which will throw more light on reinforcement added?

Note: The weighing scale used is well calibrated (bought from USA) which I use to weigh my travel luggage & in my experience has been quite accurate with the bag weights tallied at the airport.
TorkBHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:13   #80
BHPian

Everything is going well with Creta 2024 except the Variants distribution. There is only 1 Creta Variant for mid variants - S(O) AT for the 1.5 Naturally aspirated Engine. There is not even an option for S(O) DCT 1.5 TURBO. Non-availability of 1.5 TURBO PETROL in mid variants is a sore miss.

Also, why Hyundai is positioning the Auto dimming IRVM in the top end model only? This Question is being asked by many car lovers. We need to Auto Dimming IRVM as a basic safety feature like 6 airbags which is standard across the range. This should not be thought off as a luxury feature by companies.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
FL Kia Seltos uses the same reinforced chasis that Hyundai is advertising. For some reason they chose not to advertise it like Hyundai. So rest assured the safety rating of both the cars will be same whatever it may be.

Also Seltos has introduced diesel manual in addition to already availble diesel automatic and imt versions in its techline models.
That’s great and a news to me, now I’m eagerly waiting for the crash test results, hope they come out with flying colours. A big fly in the ointment by Hyundai has been their safety records and if that is sorted, they might find new customers like me.

Since you own a Kia in Raipur, please do share your experience with the Kia Service, how’s the turnaround time, how’s the quality of work and attention to details?

Last edited by sachin_cs : 22nd January 2024 at 11:25.
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:16   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
A big fly in the ointment by Hyundai has been their safety records and if that is sorted, they might find new customers like me.
I feel we should get atleast a 4 star rating for both Creta and Seltos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Since you own a Kia in Raipur, please do share your experience with the Kia Service, how’s the turnaround time, how’s the quality of work and attention to details?
I have only had to visit the service centre only once for my first servicing and it was pretty smooth.

I made a post about the experience

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5641542
Mr Anderson is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 06:42   #83
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
With these reinforcements, one can expect an improvement in the safety ratings but by how much only the actual tests can indicate:
Any ideas when the NCAP ratings will be out?
vikeva027 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 14:01   #84

Delete the silver insert in the C-Pillar using my basic MS Paint skills. The car looks so much better IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-2024_hyundai_creta_facelift_exterior_04.jpg  

najib1312 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 15:07   #85
BHPian

New Video released by Hyundai India on the making of the new Creta.

abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 16:44   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Centre console of competiting cars-

Seltos
====
Next would be the Hyryder and Taigun. Creta comes second last while Kushaq would be last. Creta despite providing physical controls looks too much like calculator buttons plastered all over.
This is not a fair comparison IMO. You have compared center consoles of automatic variant of Seltos with manual variant of Creta. Obviously Creta's center console is going to look inferior. Creta FL's console in IVT or DCT automatic variants does not look so bad.

In Indian SUV segment, there has been an increasing number of sales in automatic variants. Here IVT is more popular choice than DCT/AT due to factors such as price, fuel efficiency & comfort level. For IVT buyers interested in these Korean siblings, Creta IVT provides more choice to customers with their S (O), SX Tech & SX (O) trims compared to Seltos IVT with their one & only HTX trim.

Personally rather than opting for few features, I would give more preference to superior ride quality which Creta provides than Seltos which comes with stiffer suspension setup. I don't mean to badmouth Seltos but it has always been a sportier choice when it comes to driving dynamics. Creta's suspension is more refined which easily soaks up bumps better than the Seltos.
hardik7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 17:14   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
New Video released by Hyundai India on the making of the new Creta.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=CRbrim2P_wA
They are talking a lot about chassis reinforcement, side member thickness, stronger chassis etc. Hope Hyundai has learnt from it's mistakes and doesn't give us a 3rd world treatment. Eagerly waiting for the crash test results for Seltos and Creta.
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 17:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardik7 View Post
This is not a fair comparison IMO. You have compared center consoles of automatic variant of Seltos with manual variant of Creta. Obviously Creta's center console is going to look inferior. Creta FL's console in IVT or DCT automatic variants does not look so bad.
When I compared centre console, it's not the gearbox in question. The entire console starting from AC vents, AC panel, to touchscreen to plastic area around gearbox. Even if you get the ivt/AT variants IMO Creta 's centre console still looks one of the most boring designs.

Quote:
Personally rather than opting for few features, I would give more preference to superior ride quality which Creta provides than Seltos which comes with stiffer suspension setup. I don't mean to badmouth Seltos but it has always been a sportier choice when it comes to driving dynamics. Creta's suspension is more refined which easily soaks up bumps better than the Seltos.
This was true of 2019 seltos. With the facelift even with 18 inch wheels the ride has become extremely mature. While creta might still be softer, I feel the ride of seltos is perfect for long highway drives as well as city drives. Yet to drive the new Creta, but I feel it will be equally capable be it highway or city.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 18:16   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
This was true of 2019 seltos. With the facelift even with 18 inch wheels the ride has become extremely mature. While creta might still be softer, I feel the ride of seltos is perfect for long highway drives as well as city drives. Yet to drive the new Creta, but I feel it will be equally capable be it highway or city.
I request you to do back to back TDs on 18 inchers vs 17 ones on Seltos itself. The ride quality is considerably different in my experience. I drove Seltos HTX IVT, HTX+DCT and GTX+ DCT.

GTX+DCT rode considerably harsher. It was shod with JK Royale tires, the TPMS showed pressure as 33 and I could feel every bit of the road undulation. What I don't know if putting in better tires like UC6 help to soften the ride.

Since you own Seltos GTX+DCT, I would love to hear your experience on drive quality differential for 17 vs 18 inchers on Seltos/Creta.
Old 23rd January 2024, 18:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I believe except for the gear lever which looks better in the automatic variant, everything would look similar. Correct me if I am wrong. Also the AC unit, although with dual zone climate control, in the new Creta, automatic or manual, looks like it belongs in the pre 2010 era. Seltos provides the same functionality and offers a much more stylish and sleeker look.

The same dual screen infotainment and instrument cluster combination which is in the Seltos is simply flipped upside down in the creta which looks out of place to be honest with curvy side at the bottom.

Quote:
In Indian SUV segment, there has been an increasing number of sales in automatic variants. Here IVT is more popular choice than DCT/AT due to factors such as price, fuel efficiency & comfort level. For IVT buyers interested in these Korean siblings, Creta IVT provides more choice to customers with their S (O), SX Tech & SX (O) trims compared to Seltos IVT with their one & only HTX trim.
Agreed, for people who are not looking for power and speed but simply a want car for city drives with good features, Creta SX(O)-IVT is the best choice out there.

But for people who want a powerful engine but don't want to spend too much for the top end variant, seltos offers the turbo petrol engine in its lower variant as well and an option of IMT to go along with automatic which the creta doesn't . So both of them have their advantages and disadvantages in terms of options for the buyers.

Quote:
The ride quality of the Creta is no doubt a tad bit better than Seltos but its not a night and day difference like it was back in 2019 especially after Kia has tuned it's suspension in the facelift Seltos.

Personally I like the suspension of Seltos more that offers a fine balance between comfort and handling. Unless you live in place that has a lot of pot holes and unmetalled roads, the creta won't offer much advantage in terms of comfort over the seltos, especially the techline vairants that come with 17 inch tyres.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 23rd January 2024 at 19:04.
Mr Anderson is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks