Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2024, 19:42   #61
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
... there is no option to push the level backwards (to downshift).
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
.. I do not need to downshift. When I brake, it auto downshifts.
Hi GTX+, those two are very different statements. First one implies that Seltos does not even offer an option or hardware to downshift and the gear level can only shift forward (upshift), and this sounds very absurd for an automatic car.

The second statement implies that as rpm falls below a certain limit, Seltos will automatically downshift to prevent the stalling. You still have an option to downshift the lever manually, but that would also depend on the rpm (if it's too high, gear won't downshift even if you try to). This is how any automatic car is supposed to work.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 20:29   #62
BHPian

The diesel is extremely overpriced for its segment, at 26 Lakhs OTR Bangalore I would rather stretch my budget by 3 lakhs and pick up the XUV700 AX Diesel Automatic, a car that is engineered better and proven that it is safer as well. Now the 30 Lakh tag on the XUV does not seem that overpriced
Old 18th January 2024, 22:57   #63
BHPian

I wish the new Creta face is applied to Alcazar also. That would make its design well-rounded and more appealing to 6- or 7-seater buyers.
MissionAbler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 23:46   #64

IMO The design if the facelifted creta is much much better, not as polarising as before
The creta was always feature loaded, the facelift just takes things a notch further
More importantly, if safety has improved as hyundai says, could be a sign of hyundai bringing safer cars to Indian shores soon enough A step in the right direction
Old 19th January 2024, 12:47   #65
BHPian

Why does Hyundai ( and KIA ) have so many auto gear box options?

I can understand having DCT in the higher trims for those needing pickup, but why a CVT for lower trims? Can they not just use the TC AT in diesel for the NA petrol engine also? That can give them economies of scale for the AT and bring down the price?
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 12:56   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Why does Hyundai ( and KIA ) have so many auto gear box options?

I can understand having DCT in the higher trims for those needing pickup, but why a CVT for lower trims? Can they not just use the TC AT in diesel for the NA petrol engine also? That can give them economies of scale for the AT and bring down the price?
I guess mileage is the answer. CVT's are generally more fuel efficient compared to TC gear boxes. As one goes higher through the trim options, mileage concerns are less. Also, TC's are more expensive so having a TC in lower trims will affect sale price. However, as you roughly mentioned, having TC across the range will be beneficial from service POV and also, TC's require less maintenance compared to CVT.
blogslogger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 16:41   #67
BHPian

Most people say the Creta design is inspired by the Venue. I used to agree, until I saw this:

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-2024_hyundai_creta_facelift_exterior_02.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-hyundaiioniq52021front.jpg

The designers probably thought: Let's invert the Ioniq 5's face, thrown in a grill and headlights, and voila, we have the Creta facelift!

Sorry for the irrelevance. I just happened to see the Creta in the newspaper upside-down and the Ioniq 5 immediately came to mind.
CentreOfGravity is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 00:56   #68
BHPian

Being a Hyundai Creta SXO Diesel MT 2015 owner and having pre-booked the Creta FL, today visited showroom to see vehicle.
Been reading diverse views on the looks, however with whatever images i had seen, I thought its a well designed model.
On Display, showroom only had a Green MT SXO model for Display.
The car is good looking both from front and the rear, however the silver plastic from roof to D-Pillar is an eye sore.
What was shocking was I never thought I would be so underwhelmed with interiors. The choice of plastic color (Light grey same as in my 2005 Wagon R), the steering, the central display, felt like shoddy after market job.
Didn’t feel like spend more time, we went back to our car, and at the same time me and my spouse start appreciating how good our 8 years old top end Creta looked so refreshing compared to the new one.
I know looks are for each to its own …….
NaveenKD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 10:14   #69
BHPian

+1. The color looks like its 'faded' after years of use.
The Gen 1 Creta's blackish Grey still looks like new after a wipe.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 10:16   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
On Display, showroom only had a Green MT SXO model for Display.
The car is good looking both from front and the rear, however the silver plastic from roof to D-Pillar is an eye sore.
What was shocking was I never thought I would be so underwhelmed with interiors. The choice of plastic color (Light grey same as in my 2005 Wagon R), the steering, the central display, felt like shoddy after market job.
Didn’t feel like spend more time, we went back to our car, and at the same time me and my spouse start appreciating how good our 8 years old top end Creta looked so refreshing compared to the new one.
I know looks are for each to its own …….
I agree. I too checked out the Creta yesterday. While the exterior looks more better in person, Interior color scheme was a total letdown. Not a fan of light grey and the Cream Dashboard. Light grey looks very dated and overall Interiors will be a pain to maintain. Also, the Gap in the Front grill is too huge and that sensor sticks out like a sore thumb. I am finalizing between Seltos and Creta and so far Seltos comes out on top.

Btw, just curious if are you going ahead with your Creta FL Booking?

Last edited by abhi3284 : 20th January 2024 at 10:18. Reason: Add text
Old 20th January 2024, 10:26   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I agree. I too checked out the Creta yesterday. While the exterior looks more better in person, Interior color scheme was a total letdown. Not a fan of light grey and the Cream Dashboard. Light grey looks very dated and overall Interiors will be a pain to maintain. Also, the Gap in the Front grill is too huge and that sensor sticks out like a sore thumb. I am finalizing between Seltos and Creta and so far Seltos comes out on top.

Btw, just curious if are you going ahead with your Creta FL Booking?
I am currently in discussion with couple of dealers on XUV 700 & Safari. Based on how it spans out, i will decide.
Old 20th January 2024, 10:41   #72
BHPian

Saw one up close in real life in their new emarald shade, and I have to say it looks really good.

It looks much better in flesh than in the pictures, especially the rear. From the pictures, it gave me a cheap-ish look with the clear lamps, but it looks really good in real life.

I am someone who looks at each car design individually, so I'm not bothered by its similarity to the venue.
It's just a psychological thing. If the Venue was launched after the New Creta, everyone would be praising Hyundai.

The only thing that feels completely out of place is the silver Garnish running from the front and covering the C-pillar. Ruins the look of an otherwise elegant/Handsome looking vehicle. I would immediately change it to Body colour or atleast black, if I ever bought it.

You can see the vestiges of the previous styling especially in the side body especially in the fender area, , but one can forgive that because the overall styling is great

Not a fan of the Interior design though. The AC control especially looks bad. I don't know why every carmaker is going for these stupid cheap looking toggle switches/Piano Black finish for AC controls now.

I think the interior of the current cross-eyed Creta is the best.But the exterior makes up for the interior elegance with absolute Cross-eyed crassness.

I don't know if it's just me, if you squint, the front of the new Creta give of a baby Landcruiser 300 vibe. (😅Only if you squint and blur the image)
ZenMaster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 14:04   #73
BHPian

Went to Raipur Hyundai dealer to checkout the new Creta and thank god it does look far better than the previous one. I quite liked the car, there’s nothing to hate or love as such, this has got balanced design and build, truly a no nonsense car. Hopefully Hyundai has sorted the safety aspect, then it will be a no brainer. I’m anyways fed up with the after sales service of Skoda and for sure I would not even want to touch a Skoda with a barge pole, until they magically sort their service woes, which is not happening. Having a 3000km monthly running, I’m looking at Creta Diesel S(o) MT/TC, currently open to both but will decide after the test drive because TDI DSG is a big shoes to fill. My Rapid is still under warranty till 2025 and hopefully by this Diwali, she might be gone if Creta scores good on NCAP. I will wait for the TeamBHP ownership reviews and then take a call, seltos is also an option but Kia hasn’t made any announcement on safety as did by Hyundai.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img20240120wa00122.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img20240120wa00062.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img20240120wa00082.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img20240120wa00112.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img20240120wa0007.jpg

Couple of observations:
  • Car looks good in black colour, the design is more palatable
  • Dark chrome front grill looks good
  • I'm still not comfortable with the tubelight obsession these car manufacturers have
  • Paint quality is definitely a grade lower than VAG
  • Interior quality of VAGs are definitely a grade lower than Hyundai
  • Seats are comfortable in front and back, recline angle is good at the back, underthigh support is good too for someone under 5'10
  • The fabric seats on the lower variants will be a pain to maintain, they were already dirty in new car.
  • Rear looks a lot better than the previous Creta
  • Quality of materials used in the interiors feel built to last
  • Integration of infotainment display and driver display looks really good
  • Colour scheme used in the interior will take time to grow, grey all around looks slightly weird
  • Engine bay is well designed and gets underbody protection unlike VAGs
  • Sales person knew nothing about the car, I appeared more informed than them. According to them, S(o) doesn't come with the rear camera, sunroof and alloys
  • NVH levels of Hyundai engines are really great. Diesel was dead silent.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 20th January 2024 at 14:28.
sachin_cs is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 15:19   #74
AKB
BHPian

What are the waiting periods that are being quoted? I had made a booking in Nov 2023, but decided to wait and move to facelift. For MPi SX(O) IVT Black, I am now being quoted 28-32 weeks !!
Old 20th January 2024, 19:20   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
seltos is also an option but Kia hasn’t made any announcement on safety as did by Hyundai.
FL Kia Seltos uses the same reinforced chasis that Hyundai is advertising. For some reason they chose not to advertise it like Hyundai. So rest assured the safety rating of both the cars will be same whatever it may be.

Also Seltos has introduced diesel manual in addition to already availble diesel automatic and imt versions in its techline models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
seltos is also an option but Kia hasn’t made any announcement on safety as did by Hyundai.

You can go though the following Kia Seltos product module pdf. On page number 57 it says about the reinforced frame.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...pSeaQydnX6th11

Last edited by graaja : 22nd January 2024 at 11:33. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Mr Anderson is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks