Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2024, 11:30   #46
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
I doubt Hyundai would do that. In the new Verna, air purifier is now integrated with car's HVAC and AQI information is showed on the infotainment screen.

Expecting Creta to have the same. However, I checked the Hyundai website and there is no mention of integrated air purifier in Creta!!

Do check it out under Climate option in the AVN screen when you visit a showroom and keep us posted
When I asked the same to SA, he mentioned that purifier has been removed from Creta now. Its not integrated in HVAC like Verna.
F1amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 11:39   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Sorry to nitpick, but Seltos does have this option of manual "S" mode, though "S" is not printed/displayed there. I have used it a few times on my 2023 GTX+.
This has been corrected. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
The Exoskeleton exhibited by Hyundai shows the reinforcements made by Hyundai to the 2024 Creta.
Clicked some pictures of this. But yes, hopefully we get to see some BNCAP results for some reassurance.
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-1.jpeg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-2.jpeg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-3.jpeg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-4.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentreOfGravity View Post
- I'm shocked that the grab handles aren't spring loaded! The driver's side misses out on it altogether. LED cabin lights are present near the grab handles.

Kindly make the corrections, sir.
Attachment 2560162
Hey CentreOfGravity,

Not sure what you are trying to say here. The grab handles are spring loaded as you can see in the image that you've attached.

The driver side door usually doesn't get a grab handle. All the all passenger doors do get these spring-loaded grab handles.
Omkar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 11:48   #48
BHPian

Being a Gen2 Creta owner, things i liked in this facelift:
1. ADAS, Blind spot warnings
2. Front parking sensors & 360 camera
3. Better designed front grill
4. Dual zone climate control
5. Removal of useless air purifier (i daily struggle with it getting randomly turned on and off)
6. Quad-LED lights hopefully will improve the throw

Things that feel like a downgrade:
1. Center AC vents are now placed below screen (prevents better cooling in rear)
2. Center console doesn't look elegant and gives aftermarket vibes
3. Rear looks too much like Venue. Expected Creta to be bold and not follow every other car with connected red tail lamp.
4. Single non-LED reversing lamp placed too low
5. Seats are too plain and Seltos like.

Things that i wished Hyundai would change:
1. The silver C-pillar
2. Light interiors create a bad reflection on the windscreen (even at night with light from streetlamps)
3. Give a sliding armrest, now that there is no air purifier
4. Illuminated buttons, auto up-down function for all

There was some angst in earlier posts about no fog-lamps, but personally i feel it was a practical decision. Despite being in the fog-capital of the country, i have rarely had the need to use them. I'm sure the market will come up with accessories to bridge this gap for those who want it.

Overall, an average effort by Hyundai when they had a chance to beat the competition black & blue. If i was in the market to buy a car today, this will be on the shortlist due to value-for-money but that's it.
Unlike the Gen1, it is not great enough or bold enough to want it all costs.
Totoro11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 11:50   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

So it’s indeed true that this time around Hyundai is going to provide the N-Line variant with the Creta. They must have saved the red and black interior, dual-tip exhausts and maybe the manual gearbox mated to the 1.5L turbo petrol for the same.

Otherwise we would’ve seen the same with the regular 1.5L Turbo-petrol SX(O) like it was the case for the pre-facelift 1.4L Turbo-petrol Creta.

Looks like the 18inch alloys have already been produced and are ready for the N-Line variant.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-7c688a79326e45dcbb8c26f8b7918c54.jpeg

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-df29325ff8864f04b873e7d6b202fbc4.jpeg

A popular accessory shop that mainly modifies base variants of the Korean gang (Sonet, Seltos, Creta, Venue, Carens and Alcazar) with OEM parts seems to have got them for MY2024 Cretas.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 18th January 2024 at 11:57.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 12:23   #50
BHPian

Fantastic review!

Most of the exterior design issues have been taken care of with this facelift. They could have improved the side profile though.

Also, it will be interesting to see how they are going to differentiate Alcazar going forward. Creta now has every feature that Alcazar got and more. Will it be treated like a Grand Creta?

Last edited by pradeep_mvpa : 18th January 2024 at 12:26.
Old 18th January 2024, 13:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Clicked some pictures of this.
The most important change as it will have improvements in BNCAP ratings.
Old 18th January 2024, 14:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hey CentreOfGravity,

Not sure what you are trying to say here. The grab handles are spring loaded as you can see in the image that you've attached.

The driver side door usually doesn't get a grab handle. All the all passenger doors do get these spring-loaded grab handles.
I'm so sorry, that's my mistake! This is what I meant - When you let go of the grab handle after pulling, it doesn't return to its position softly; instead it slams back to position. Hope I was clear this time. Is 'dampened' the right terminology for this?

Also, it would be great if this correction could be made to my post. Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 15:26   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Pictures are from test drive IVT car, and the one he booked is MT.
Yes, that’s correct. We’ve booked the 1.5 MPI MT in the same colour (Robust Emerald Pearl). The test car was a 1.5 MPI IVT.

I will certainly go for Graphene/Ceramic Coating as well as PPF on bumpers + ORVMs + Door Handle touch points for this one. I noticed that this colour is a dust and swirl mark magnet. The test car (only driven for 33kms) already had swirl marks (visible in one of the pics) as well as a thin layer of dust (which almost all cars always carry) and noticeable.

If it were upto me, I would immediately get that contrasting C Pillar and diffusers painted/wrapped to black or body colour. But I won’t be doing any of that in a car which will be used by my parents for most of its life.

Also, having seen the car up close, the contrasting C Pillar does settle with you, doesn’t look as bad, when you see it all together with the grey diffusers, the alloys and this Robust Emeral Pearl colour. I guess to each, his own when it comes to looks.
prateikparija is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 16:21   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
When I asked the same to SA, he mentioned that purifier has been removed from Creta now. Its not integrated in HVAC like Verna.
I remember in Gagan Choudhary's video on the 2024 Creta, he has mentioned that the Air Purifier has been integrated into the HVAC system.
Old 18th January 2024, 16:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
To engage the manual mode, move the lever to the right (when in D), push forward to upshift and vice versa (just the way we prefer it!). Note that the Seltos doesn’t have the gearbox ‘S’ mode:
Quote:
Sorry to nitpick, but Seltos does have this option of manual "S" mode, though "S" is not printed/displayed there. I have used it a few times on my 2023 GTX+
Forgot to mention. In Seltos GTX+ DCT, one needs to push the lever forward for upshift, but as the speed reduces, the gear downshift happens automatically, there is no option to push the level backwards (to downshift).

Dear Omkar, please can you confirm if the process is same in the new Creta?
Old 18th January 2024, 16:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Forgot to mention. In Seltos GTX+ DCT, one needs to push the lever forward for upshift, but as the speed reduces, the gear downshift happens automatically, there is no option to push the level backwards (to downshift).

Dear Omkar, please can you confirm if the process is same in the new Creta?
I have a GTX+ Diesel and i can pull back to downshift and use engine braking. Unless DCT has a different operation, I guess as long as the engine doesn't over-rev, it should be possible. Alternatively, you can use the paddles to do it once you move the gear lever to S.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 17:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
I have a GTX+ Diesel and i can pull back to downshift and use engine braking. Unless DCT has a different operation, I guess as long as the engine doesn't over-rev, it should be possible. Alternatively, you can use the paddles to do it once you move the gear lever to S.
I have GTX+ petrol and I do not need to downshift. When I brake, it auto downshifts.
Old 18th January 2024, 18:23   #58
BHPian

I always like reading pros and cons section of the TBHP reviews. I didn't find one in this review. I asked Google Bard to create the same. This is what it came up with:

Here are some of the upsides mentioned in the document:
  • Completely new cabin design with features like a dual-tone grey interior, leather-wrapped steering wheel, telescopic steering adjustment, and a 10.25" floating digital cluster.
  • The 1.5L turbo-petrol engine offers good power and performance, with a quick response time and a strong mid-range punch.
  • The ride quality is comfortable, with the suspension absorbing bumps and potholes well.
  • The Creta handles well, with good high-speed stability and predictable handling.
  • All variants come equipped with all-wheel disc brakes and ABS, and the braking performance is good.

Here are some of the negatives mentioned in the document:
  • The exterior design is not as polarizing as the outgoing model, but some may not like the new look.
  • The build quality could be better, as the Creta received a poor 3-star NCAP safety rating.
  • The rearview camera is not the best quality, and the number plate lights should be LEDs.
  • The engine doesn't sound very sporty at high revs, and the maximum rpm is limited to 5,900.
  • The paddle shifters are not very responsive, and the gearbox can be hesitant at times.
  • There is a bit of play in the steering wheel at center, and the brake pedal is too sharp.
  • The turbo-petrol engine with the dual-clutch transmission has had some gearbox overheating issues in the past.

Overall, the 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift is a well-rounded SUV with a lot to offer. However, there are some negatives to consider, such as the build quality and the gearbox issues.
vagabond128 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 18:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have GTX+ petrol and I do not need to downshift. When I brake, it auto downshifts.
That's characteristic of any auto gear box. It will downshift if the revs fall too low even in manual/sports mode. It's just that in manual mode it will not upshift/downshift on its own unless utmost necessary, thereby giving you some control over the shifts.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 19:26   #60
BHPian

Creta doesn't require a fancy intro, but this facelift surely gives a positive edge to this vehicle. However, I still believe that Elevate's NA is better than Creta's NA. Though the Creta's standard features cannot be ignored, I guess Honda is a better option than the Creta for MPIs both mechanically and price-wise. Can our senior Bhpians share their thoughts on which NAs to choose? And I am asking specifically for engines.

PS: Turbo is all over different ball games, and only Seltos, Kushaq, Astor, and Taigun can compete with it. Also, those who don't want CVT can pick a different option in Creta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks