Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2024, 10:40   #316
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo21 View Post
Hello,

Can anyone here advise on whether the "Shield of Trust" for 28699/- is worth buying?

Also, they've informed me that the extended warranty can be taken now or later anytime within 3 years. What is preferable - buy now or later?

Taking delivery of my Creta SX (O) Petrol AT in 1-2 days, from Advaith Hyundai Bellandur Bengalore.
Hi Kangaroo21,

Congrats on the delivery. (Mine is due later this week / weekend)

I felt the SOT was like insurance for wear-and-tear parts. Some peace of mind in case anything fails. I talked to my longtime Service Advisor at Advaith Hyundai ORR and he said it's worthwhile buying it, so I'm going with it.

Extended warranty, I would say you can buy it later as well, if it helps your cash flow. I purchased it for my i10 almost 10 years ago, only later and not during the time of purchase itself. However, this time I am getting it with the car purchase.
capnemo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 11:46   #317

Quote:
Hello,

Can anyone here advise on whether the "Shield of Trust" for 28699/- is worth buying?

Also, they've informed me that the extended warranty can be taken now or later anytime within 3 years. What is preferable - buy now or later?

Taking delivery of my Creta SX (O) Petrol AT in 1-2 days, from Advaith Hyundai Bellandur Bengalore.
Congratulations for the new Car...
Even I have purchased the same model and have opted for both the service pack - Extended Warranty for 7 years and SOT for 5 years.

Extended Warranty - Since I intend to hold the car for a longer time. Further given the latest accessories which have been added (which are yet to test the real scenario - ADAS and other features and this is across all the Cars not just Creta) it is better to go with a warranty for peace of mind, as surely any of the product goes out cost of replacing them would be high.

SOT - Opted for this, more or less same reasons as above. It will cover the regular wear n tear for certain consumables like Bulbs (Led), Wipers, Window Winders etc over 5 years it will be replaced. Further, it also safeguards against the rising cost of these consumables in the years to come.

Further If you could check there is a new package introduced as SOT Super - This covers the regular maintenance cost of the car (Engine oil, fuel filter, air filter, etc check the link below), however, my Salesperson was not that eager or (i think not aware) and so I could not decide on it.
I am still thinking of this and would love to hear from other members if they have opted for this package. This can be purchased within One year after the car purchase or before the Second Service.

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...hield-of-trust

Thanks
GJGadget is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 15:06   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Your car gets a wash everyday Most apartments in blr (including mine) have stopped water wash and we have to live with dry cleaning only. Even service centers are not allowed water wash. Anyway, never heard of such external film or it's effectiveness. Sunroof is always open to elements and supposed to hold up. Hope it is not merely a sales pitch by the SA.
Forgot to respond to this I live in one of the villages attached to Bangalore not a part of the BBMP. Previously, used to live in HSR layout. Moved slightly away after Covid induced 2-day WFO. I could feel the difference in the air. But, of course, dreading the moment company mandates employees to WFO all days.

Have you faced any heat issues with your dashcam due to it being parked in the open, under the sun ?
ShabbyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 15:11   #319

Quote:

I am due to receive my Creta SX(O) around 20th April from Advaith Hyundai, Bellandur, Bengaluru.
Congrats on new ride ! I am also expecting my SX(O) IVT from Advaith Bellandur in another 2 weeks.

For insurance, are you going with the Hyundai's or getting it done from outside ? Hyundai is quoting around 85k (1 year Own Damage and 3 years Third Party cover)
Old 16th April 2024, 16:07   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado82 View Post
Congrats on new ride ! I am also expecting my SX(O) IVT from Advaith Bellandur in another 2 weeks.

For insurance, are you going with the Hyundai's or getting it done from outside ? Hyundai is quoting around 85k (1 year Own Damage and 3 years Third Party cover)
Hey! Congrats right back at you

I am taking it under car lease policy from my company. Insurance will be handled by the leasing company.

May I ask - what accessories are you going with? From Hyundai and/or from outside? Are you considering a dashcam?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th April 2024 at 11:33. Reason: Formatting.
Kangaroo21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 16:16   #321
BHPian

Quote:
How does this work during renewal? You renew only the own damage part for the next two years?
Old 16th April 2024, 16:41   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
How does this work during renewal? You renew only the own damage part for the next two years?
That's what they are saying. After 1st year, renew the Own damage part

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGadget View Post
Congratulations for the new Car...
Even I have purchased the same model and have opted for both the service pack - Extended Warranty for 7 years and SOT for 5 years.
May I know how much it costed you for the Extended Warranty for 7 years.

Hyundai gives standard 3 years warranty, and to that, you had added 4 more years extension correct?

Quote:
Hey! Congrats right back at you

I am taking it under car lease policy from my company. Insurance will be handled by the leasing company.

May I ask - what accessories are you going with? From Hyundai and/or from outside?
Are you considering a dashcam?
Oh ok.

Dashcam, I may mostly go with 70mai (Pro Plus+ A500S). Currently, I am using a Viofo dashcam, which is good, but 5 years old. Hyundai said to go through their Mobis website for accessories. Need to check. [Link]

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th April 2024 at 17:01. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks!
Old 17th April 2024, 09:38   #323

I recently purchased the SX (O) IVT variant. Does anyone know what functionality User Profiles serve in Bluelink? When I start the car, it gives me the option of choosing between 2 user profiles. The only difference I've been able to find so far are radio presets and saved bluetooth devices.

Is there any other setting that can be set differently for each profile? In my ideal scenario, I would love to keep all ADAS features turned on for a profile and turned off for the other profile. But I do not think that is currently possible.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th April 2024 at 11:32. Reason: Typos.
Old 17th April 2024, 10:50   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan123 View Post
Is there any other setting that can be set differently for each profile? In my ideal scenario, I would love to keep all ADAS features turned on for a profile and turned off for the other profile. But I do not think that is currently possible.
This is possible in my Seltos. Whenever I keep the ADAS on in one profile, the same isn't mimicked in other one. Even instrument cluster theme (linking it to drive mode/keeping it dynamic) is remembered differently.

My father has been recently keeping it dynamic, while I like to view the needles of RPM and keep it accordingly in my profile.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th April 2024 at 11:31. Reason: Typos.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 16:55   #325

Quote:
That's what they are saying. After 1st year, renew the Own damage part

May I know how much it costed you for the Extended Warranty for 7 years.

Hyundai gives a standard 3 year warranty, and to that, you had added 4 more years extension correct?
Yes, that's right 3 years Standard Warranty and Extended for the next 4 years taking it to a total 7 Year Warranty - This cost me 53,717.
While we can opt for it later as well, the cost might increase, thus saving from price escalation.

Insurance, I had bargained out (here in Mumbai) and finally got it for 60k from the original quotation of 94k. Dealers currently in Mumbai have started giving discounts on insurance, as supplies tend to be on the higher side than the demand.
I got my car in 2 weeks which is generally standard time after completing Loan and RTO formalities.

Thanks.

Last edited by graaja : 17th April 2024 at 18:26. Reason: Fixing broken quote
GJGadget is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 17:27   #326

Quote:

Yes, that's right 3 years Standard Warranty and Extended for the next 4 years taking it to a total 7 Year Warranty - This cost me 53,717.
While we can opt for it later as well, the cost might increase, thus saving from price escalation.

Insurance, I had bargained out (here in Mumbai) and finally got it for 60k from the original quotation of 94k. Dealers currently in Mumbai have started giving discounts on insurance, as supplies tend to be on the higher side than the demand.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I was also quoted the same for 7 yr / 1L km warranty.

Insurance they are quoting 1.02L, whereas I am getting quotes of 30k (PolicyBazaar > Kotak General Insurance, which has cashless tie up with the service centre) and 35k (Acko) -- for the same options/add-ons (like Zero Dep, Engine Protect, Key, Return to Invoice etc). That's a huge difference, so I would go with the outside one.

Below are the Pricing for the Extended Warranty quoted for me:
Attached Images

tornado82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 01:49   #327

Hi,

Is anyone here facing issues with Idle Stop and Go (ISG)? My engine shuts off on stop lights but comes back on within 10-15 seconds automatically without any intervention at my end. [For context I have Petrol IVT with ADAS] Considering some stop lights are as long as 90 seconds, engine turning back on so soon feels like a waste.

Also, I have been using ADAS and really liking it (primarily Smart Cruise Control & Lane Keep Assist) but the rear traffic collision assist seems a bit too obtrusive when reversing out of a parking spot in markets, has anyone managed to make it less sensitive? I could find sensitivity settings for Smart Cruise Control but not this.
Old 18th April 2024, 08:44   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix11 View Post
Hi,

Is anyone here facing issues with Idle Stop and Go (ISG)? My engine shuts off on stop lights but comes back on within 10-15 seconds automatically without any intervention at my end. [For context I have Petrol IVT with ADAS] Considering some stop lights are as long as 90 seconds, engine turning back on so soon feels like a waste.
This happens in my Creta too. I still haven’t been able to figure out the logic behind it. In my earlier car, XUV 500, the engine would remain shut off till I pressed the clutch.

Also, I have noticed the engine does not shut off if the car is stopped on a decline.
Old 18th April 2024, 10:10   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
This happens in my Creta too. I still haven’t been able to figure out the logic behind it. In my earlier car, XUV 500, the engine would remain shut off till I pressed the clutch.
Try turning off climate control. Then the car won't turn on until you press A pedal. I guess when the load on AC increases (considering the current temperatures across the country), the car turns ON to avoid a greater load on battery and AC condenser.
07CR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 11:39   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Quote:

Also, I have noticed the engine does not shut off if the car is stopped on a decline.
As per Creta manual, other than regular methods, engine will auto restart if one of the following conditions are met:

1) ACC is on and AC is needed to achieve set temperature
2) Front defroster is on
3) Gear is moved to R or P
4) Either Seat belts or any door is opened

Conditions 1 & 2 works in my Ciaz too. However, unlike in Ciaz, in Creta ISG always remains active when car is switched on.
Aniket Verma is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks