Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2024, 07:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
. Note this difference does not account for any accessories beside the basic kit for 6K being provided by Hyundai. However, In seltos, I am getting 25K worth of accessories free too which the dealer refused to convert to cash in addition to the 40K discount. Is the price difference worth going with Seltos.

Reason I am asking this question is primarily from the standpoint of safety being emphasized by Creta. I could personally feel the heaviness when lifting the bonnet too and even in the doors of facelift creta.

Anyone else caught up in similar confusion?
Quote:

The other niggling thought is on the safety aspect. I am not sure how much to rely on just the feel but when the crash test ratings are yet to come by. Somehow felt both the facelift creta and N-Line variant were both heavier and sturdy.
I guess it's just the mindgames. In a Hyundai showroom the SAs have been trained to emphasize on better build quality because Creta lacks the equipment of Seltos. With repeated such quotes our mind starts thinking on same lines. Cross posting from other thread regarding BHPian's observation on both cars structure. With additional discounts and the additional equipment which Seltos carries over Creta/ Creta N line, it's a no brainer for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Had missed attaching the picture in my previous post
The upper one is FL Creta while lower is FL Seltos
Structures seem to be almost same
Source of pic
FL Creta - media publication
FL Seltos - official kia seltos training manual

Attachment 2583815

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th March 2024 at 07:35. Reason: Caps wherever needed.
Old 18th March 2024, 07:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Agree on the UV cut glass point. However, in one of the Youtube video reviews, one of the reviewer did mention that even Creta comes with UV cut glass but perhaps its not noticeable as much as it is on the seltos.

On your point related to the ride comfort - Is it true that Seltos offers better ride comfort? Recent videos on the N-line have been raving about the ride comfort despite the 18 inch wheels.
I had gone purely by the team-bhp official review where they said that the suspension of the n-line was quite firm and every bump could be seen. Now these videos are quite different and are saying that the n-line suspension is actually better than the Seltos. So then maybe o stand corrected and would need to do a test drive to come to a conclusion.

One more factor which I forgot to mention was the diesel engine on the Seltos over the petrol DCT. My existing Seltos diesel AT gives me a mileage of around 9km / l in city traffic whereas on highways it goes all the way to 17. I’m sure the petrol would be at least 2-3 km/L lower because I tend to drive with a hard foot and I am told repeatedly on various forums that the petrol DCT is extremely sensitive to this. Psychologically, I don’t like to see FE figures as low as 5-6 and hence this is also an important criteria to consider Seltos Diesel over N-Line petrol.
Old 18th March 2024, 12:40   #33
BHPian

While waiting for my i20 N Line to get serviced, I checked out the Creta N Line. This is the N10 (top) DCT auto variant:

The car looks very good from the front. This will be a major selling point.
Front left:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_105953.jpg

Front right:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_105904.jpg

Aero gap in the front bumper:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110535.jpg

Front grill. The front camera is tucked within the Hyundai logo.
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110544.jpg

Four front sensors, two in each side. H symbol DRLs, and LED projectors:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110832.jpg

Moving onto the side looks.

New alloys and "sporty" red cladding makes the N Line stand out:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_115553.jpg

Side cameras are on the ORVM:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_115658.jpg

Only front driver side gets request sensor. Not the passenger side. The boot also doesn't come with a request sensor, but it will open if you are standing nearby with the key (even if the car is locked). I hate this kind of cost cutting the top-end of the top-end.

Driver side:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110735.jpg
Passenger side:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110816.jpg

Closer look at the rear:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110150.jpg

With the boot open:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110353.jpg

Roof cladding should protect the sunscreen somewhat:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110709.jpg

Moving onto the rear.

Back:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110436.jpg

Exhaust:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110442.jpg

Boot space seems a little small:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110337.jpg

Moving onto the interiors.

The doors are hefty and close with a satisfying thud. I wonder how much thud engineering went into designing them:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110018.jpg

Rear door has privacy cover. Very nice feature:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110038.jpg

Passenger side view of interior:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110238.jpg

Rear interior look:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110256.jpg

There is bose badging all over the cabin:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_110301.jpg

Steering wheel and driving position remind me a lot of my i20 N Line:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111023.jpg

Gear knob is identical to the one in the i20 N Line. Everything else is this console is new and exclusive to the Creta:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111137.jpg

Nice chunky buttons for the ventilated seats:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111139.jpg

Some ADAS control buttons maybe?
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111152.jpg

Lots of charging ports:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111158.jpg

AC controls have proper buttons:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111215.jpg

Space in the rear feels cramped with my driving position. What did they do with all that extra length?
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-photo_20240318_123305.jpg

Rear Climate control doesn't seem to include an air purifier:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111450.jpg

Three point seatbelt for middle passenger is a must:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111425.jpg

And finally, each Creta purchase comes with your own personal standee of Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Padukone:
2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_111309.jpg

The Creta N Line puts the C right in the CSUV. It's so small for how much it costs, around 26 lakhs on-road in Goa for this variant. I guess the small size helps its sporty characteristics. But for this much money, I would want something larger in size. That would feel more VFM.

My final thoughts are that a sporty Creta automatic with 160 bhp shouldn't be unleashed on Indian roads. Considering that most cars in India are still running on 80-90 bhp, this monster will bully cars and create memes like never before. Personally, I am not mature enough to drive this responsibly.

Last edited by pepega : 18th March 2024 at 12:44.
pepega is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 13:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepega View Post
While waiting for my i20 N Line to get serviced, I checked out the Creta N Line. This is the N10 (top) DCT auto variant:
Those are some nice pictures; I quite like the spoiler on this one.

I was just wondering if the spoiler of this one could be fitted on to the i20 Nline that I own, as a kind of spoiler extender.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 13:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Those are some nice pictures; I quite like the spoiler on this one.

I was just wondering if the spoiler of this one could be fitted on to the i20 Nline that I own, as a kind of spoiler extender.
Thanks! Fitting this spoiler on the i20 would be quite the DIY project. I don't have a tape measure with me or I'd have given you some measurements.

Here's a couple more pictures of the spoiler if that helps:

2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_1312290.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_131234.jpg

2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-20240318_131249.jpg
pepega is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 22:17   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
Excellent review.

@Omkar, Chetan - an enthusiastic who is looking for pure driving experience(only AT) with 50% drive with family and 50% driving alone, what would you suggest between Creta N line vs Virtus GT? Any other recommendations within 30L is also appreciated.
Elaborate 'driving experience'.

If you intend to go corner carving, a low-slung sedan is a better bet. If it's about touring in comfort (solo or with family), a sedan still makes sense if majority of the driving will be major highways/expressways. If one intends to get off the major highways (or lives someplace like Bangalore with moonscapes for roads), a higher-GC vehicle makes more sense to offset any accessibility concerns.

The stiffer suspension CSUVs are pretty decent handlers for the vast majority of public road 'enthusiastic driving' use cases.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 02:40   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
I have been through a similar confusion. The deciding factor and the deal breaker was the UV cut glass which is available in the Seltos but not in the creta. In Chennai, without this feature, getting into a car under the sun would be very painful.

The second factor was ride comfort which based on reviews is better in the Seltos GT rather than the N-Line because of the stiffer suspension.

The third criteria is that regular creta has light colour seats which will become dirty under my household usage, and hence I prefer only dark seats. Ruled out regular creta completely due to this reason. While N-Line is preferred due to all black interiors, I prefer the Seltos due to the UV glass and ride comfort.
I do not know, why people are not thinking about the safety aspect of the current Seltos, the car is really unsafe and I have several examples for that. New Creta hopefully will receive a 5 star like Verna as it feels much more solid than the older creta. So, please consider this before making a purchase decision or wait for the next generation Seltos 2025'/26'.
carenthu123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 10:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthu123 View Post
I do not know, why people are not thinking about the safety aspect of the current Seltos, the car is really unsafe and I have several examples for that. New Creta hopefully will receive a 5 star like Verna as it feels much more solid than the older creta. So, please consider this before making a purchase decision or wait for the next generation Seltos 2025'/26'.
Care to explain how you came to this conclusion? Since both cars basically have the similar structure with similar usage of Ultra High strength steel?

Sharing post by BHPian to further validate my point-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Had missed attaching the picture in my previous post
The upper one is FL Creta while lower is FL Seltos
Structures seem to be almost same
Source of pic
FL Creta - media publication
FL Seltos - official kia seltos training manual

Attachment 2583815
Old 19th March 2024, 12:28   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Care to explain how you came to this conclusion? Since both cars basically have the similar structure with similar usage of Ultra High strength steel?

Sharing post by BHPian to further validate my point-
If you drive the new Creta you will understand that car is much more solid than the older Creta, just check the door thud and the high speed stability. Older Creta was like the current generation Seltos. I think Seltos will also be refreshed when the new generation comes up, but the current generation Seltos is definitely unsafe, or else my friend had a minor accident when he was taking his car out from our parking and surprisingly the entire bumper broke and the car was badly damaged. This was shocking to me.
Old 19th March 2024, 13:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthu123 View Post
If you drive the new Creta you will understand that car is much more solid than the older Creta, just check the door thud and the high speed stability. Older Creta was like the current generation Seltos. I think Seltos will also be refreshed when the new generation comes up, but the current generation Seltos is definitely unsafe, or else my friend had a minor accident when he was taking his car out from our parking and surprisingly the entire bumper broke and the car was badly damaged. This was shocking to me.
Facelift Seltos and facelift Creta share the same platform. They are technically the same car except for a few body panels, suspension tuning and interior trim.
So whatever thud test and crash test results they get, they would be within the margin of error.

Coming to build quality, bumpers and the crumple zones are designed to get 'destroyed' on impact so that the occupants remain safe. One situation cannot be used as a generalization.

I would suggest we all wait for crash BNCAP results to further comment.
blogslogger is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 18:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
Facelift Seltos and facelift Creta share the same platform. They are technically the same car except for a few body panels, suspension tuning and interior trim.
So whatever thud test and crash test results they get, they would be within the margin of error.

Coming to build quality, bumpers and the crumple zones are designed to get 'destroyed' on impact so that the occupants remain safe. One situation cannot be used as a generalization.

I would suggest we all wait for crash BNCAP results to further comment.
I sometime really wonder or do not understand why Hyundai and Kia are not getting Creta FL and Seltos FL crash tested and silence the critics once and forever.

In one place they are showcasing their new body shell structure and claiming them to be more safer and at the same time they seem to not send these two cars for crash testing.

I know Creta FL is already selling like a hot cake and will surely dominate its category. (Even I have also booked Creta FL). But IMHO, both the companies should get Creta/Seltos crash tested sooner if they are confident about their new body structure.
satya_ip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 07:44   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya_ip View Post
I sometime really wonder or do not understand why Hyundai and Kia are not getting Creta FL and Seltos FL crash tested and silence the critics once and forever.
Well crash tests are expensive. And companies do that to promote their car to improve sales further.

Since these cars are already selling like hotcakes and have a higher demand than supply with waiting periods of months, it financially makes no sense for the company to invest in crash tests especially if they aren't sure about the ratings. A poor rating could backfire and reduce the sales.

PS: I'd love to see the crash test results myself.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 21st March 2024 at 07:47.
Mr Anderson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 10:59   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya_ip View Post
I know Creta FL is already selling like a hot cake and will surely dominate its category. (Even I have also booked Creta FL). But IMHO, both the companies should get Creta/Seltos crash tested sooner if they are confident about their new body structure.
What if FL Creta scores a 3 or even worse 2 stars in the crash test? Would you still go ahead with your booking?

This is possibly the reason why Hyundai isn't keen on getting the Creta FL crash tested.

People comparing Verna's 5-star to FL Creta is not all that correct IMHO.
Understand that , the 2023 Verna is an 'all - new' car ; whereas , the Creta / Seltos are mere facelift's of the same platform. There's hardly anything you can improve in the FL's apart from some cosmetic changes.

Hence , I firmly believe no matter what Hyundai/ Kia claim , their 2023 / 24 FL's are 3- stars at best !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Well crash tests are expensive. And companies do that to promote their car to improve sales further.
+1

Mahindra / TATA and even Nissan for that matter had a task of 'building' their brand image ; and which I feel they have succeeded with flying colours.

Just check on our forum itself , in every discussion about the Mahindra / TATA , the key element or rather the defense element used is '5-star safety rating'. All the other issues can go to drains.

Quote:
Since these cars are already selling like hotcakes and have a higher demand than supply with waiting periods of months, it financially makes no sense for the company to invest in crash tests especially if they aren't sure about the ratings. A poor rating could backfire and reduce the sales.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 12:27   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

PS: I'd love to see the crash test results myself.
As per report in Autocar, cost of testing a car under the Bharat NCAP program is around Rs 60 lakh, whereas a similar test would require around Rs 2.5 crore if done overseas. 60 lakh shouldn't be burning a hole in their pockets.

So, they themselves may not be confident enough about the new body structure for the FL versions.

But, I do agree to your point that if at all they get them crash tested and get a poor rating, it may backfire for them.

https://www.autocarindia.com/industr...one%20overseas.
Old 21st March 2024, 13:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
W

People comparing Verna's 5-star to FL Creta is not all that correct IMHO.
Understand that , the 2023 Verna is an 'all - new' car ; whereas , the Creta / Seltos are mere facelift's of the same platform. There's hardly anything you can improve in the FL's apart from some cosmetic changes.

Hence , I firmly believe no matter what Hyundai/ Kia claim , their 2023 / 24 FL's are 3- stars at best !
I would disagree. Seltos was a 5 star car in all international markets apart from India. KIA/Hyundai in their infinite wisdom decided to reduce costs. But seeing how India has become a safety conscious market, they have made changes.

If you look at the documentation, they address a few issues from the previous versions like increasing the strength of the bodyshell and better force direction.

Now would that mean it is a 5 star car? Hard to tell without results but it is for sure more safer than the previous gen.

For Hyundai and Kia, at least in India, a facelift is a generational change.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks