Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2024, 16:52   #1996
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
I completed a TD of the top end Seltos today. I am not happy with the white leatherette arm rest / pads on the doors. I am 100% sure that these will become dirty in no time.
Depends on individual use cases. My car is almost 6 months old now. There is not a single spot of dirt or sweat marks etc.
Old 17th March 2024, 03:54   #1997

Can small marks on xline (Matte grey) can be rectified ? Also what is the cost of matte color repainting and also regular gloss repainting. How are existing owners dealing with it ?
Asking this because found a good preowned xline car up for resale and meeting all my requirements with decent price (I may be wrong too) but only doubt is the matte color maintenance (with the existing minor scratches ).
Old 17th March 2024, 08:34   #1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius View Post
Can small marks on xline (Matte grey) can be rectified ?
No. Matt finish cannot be repainted/repaired. If it is minor, you may want to overlook as it could be part of regular usage.

Matt finish in general is difficult to maintain. You need to use Matt finish products only. Absolutely no wax based products. The only way to retain it asis to put it under a Matt ppf.

Matt finish looks absolutely gorgeous on Seltos and I believe it makes the Seltos look bigger and more standout than any other finish.
Minato is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 11:26   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
I wonder if there's any fix for this “khat” sound from the horn pad. Although I've observed if i press the horn pad from dead in the middle, then there is no sound of any kind. ✌️
Unfortunately, this is just some ‘cheap’ plastics by Kia. This irritating noise was always there since the beginning; however, it wasn’t so bad in the pre-FL cars.

Kia has developed some new vendors looks like which have taken the plastics quality downhill and this noise is all the more prominent now. It is so bad that you can even see the underlying cut-out for the airbag on the hornpad.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 12:52   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post

Miscellaneous observations
1. Enhanced safety body structure – Although Hyundai seems to have gone overboard on advertising this change in their facelift, for some reason KIA did not emphasize on it in as much (pics attached FL Creta vs FL Seltos)
Had missed attaching the picture in my previous post
The upper one is FL Creta while lower is FL Seltos
Structures seem to be almost same
Source of pic
FL Creta - media publication
FL Seltos - official kia seltos training manual

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240317_123953.jpg
TorkBHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 18:33   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
- Getting all the 4 brake calipers painted by the service center. Will be done prior to the 1st service and have been quoted 8500+GST
Have got the first service done and had the brake calipers painted.

I had a question - of late I have observed that the radio is going silent after any audio directions from Google maps (phone connected via Bluetooth and NOT android auto). I have to press the mode button again to get the radio resumed. Is this normal? Have any of you faced something like this? I have a hunch that the recent software update has caused this.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240317_173558.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240317_173536.jpg
Black Panther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 21:43   #2002
BHPian

Hi all,

Need help in choosing between the Hyundai Creta Turbo Petrol DCT Automatic / Creta N-line N10 DCT automatic / Seltos GTX Plus DCT Automatic.

The Seltos being relatively old is getting some handsome discounts to the tune of Rs. 40K plus basic accessories kit free. However, there are no such offers for either the regular Turbo petrol Creta or the N-line Creta released just this week.

When compared to the Regular Creta Turbo Petrol DCT Automatic, there is a price difference of approx 50K and approx 1L when compared to N Line DCT automatic. Note this difference does not account for any accessories beside the basic kit for 6K being provided by Hyundai. However, In seltos, I am getting 25K worth of accessories free too which the dealer refused to convert to cash in addition to the 40K discount. Is the price difference worth going with Seltos.

Reason I am asking this question is primarily from the standpoint of safety being emphasized by Creta. I could personally feel the heaviness when lifting the bonnet too and even in the doors of facelift creta.

Anyone else caught up in similar confusion?

Heard from the folks at Kia that there is a price rise in the first week of Apr (after FY2023 ends) and hence need to make my decision fast.
vijay.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 22:17   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi all,

Need help in choosing between the Hyundai Creta Turbo Petrol DCT Automatic / Creta N-line N10 DCT automatic / Seltos GTX Plus DCT Automatic.
I would suggest take a test drive of all the 3 and then decide accordingly which suits you better. The N-Line and Seltos have been made sportier, the Creta is a bit more family oriented. Seltos is a better looking car and has more features but the N Line looks absolutely gorgeous in the Shadow Grey shade. I would suggest looking at the manual variant of N-Line as well, you will have complete control of the engine and the N-Line gearbox is stunning.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 03:59   #2004
BHPian

Did anyone else notice that Kia has silently introduced IVT option in HTK+ !
Not sure if this is really needed or its just for competing with Creta S(O). What Seltos really needs is Fully loaded variant with IVT but that is grossly missing & people are forced to opt for Creta.
dextor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 09:13   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Did anyone else notice that Kia has silently introduced IVT option in HTK+ !
Not sure if this is really needed or its just for competing with Creta S(O). What Seltos really needs is Fully loaded variant with IVT but that is grossly missing & people are forced to opt for Creta.
I'm still baffled by what has stopped KIA from introducing IVT in GTX+ and a few additional color options in the X-line !! Surely that will improve their offerings massively.
sunilarkt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:12   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
I'm still baffled by what has stopped KIA from introducing IVT in GTX+ and a few additional color options in the X-line !! Surely that will improve their offerings massively.
Top end IVT is one of the most popular automatic models. Kia wants to prioritize DCT if someone is looking for petrol automatic. Usually for urban customers with less running and that too within city, IVT makes more sense. By not offering IVT, Kia can continue to push DCT and make more money I guess. Diesel AT is still not preferred options for such customers with low running.
I opted for Creta IVT over DCT as I belong to the same bucket. I'd have considered Seltos top end IVT if it was offered.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 18th March 2024 at 10:13.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 11:12   #2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Top end IVT is one of the most popular automatic models. Kia wants to prioritize DCT if someone is looking for petrol automatic. Usually for urban customers with less running and that too within city, IVT makes more sense. By not offering IVT, Kia can continue to push DCT and make more money I guess. Diesel AT is still not preferred options for such customers with low running.
I opted for Creta IVT over DCT as I belong to the same bucket. I'd have considered Seltos top end IVT if it was offered.
IVT and DCT seem to be completely different cars in Seltos. I testdrove IVT and then bought GTX+ DCT because the safety suite in DCT is much more comprehensive than IVT. My Guess is the Automatic Braking with Engine braking is not technically feasible to implement with KIA's IVT which is strange because Honda Elevate has CMBS with iVT transmission.
Old 18th March 2024, 11:59   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi all,

Reason I am asking this question is primarily from the standpoint of safety being emphasized by Creta. I could personally feel the heaviness when lifting the bonnet too and even in the doors of facelift creta.

Anyone else caught up in similar confusion?

Heard from the folks at Kia that there is a price rise in the first week of Apr (after FY2023 ends) and hence need to make my decision fast.
I guess you asked the same question in N Line thread. Have answered it there, quoting TorkBHP's post here again. Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Had missed attaching the picture in my previous post
The upper one is FL Creta while lower is FL Seltos
Structures seem to be almost same
Source of pic
FL Creta - media publication
FL Seltos - official kia seltos training manual

Attachment 2583815
In a welcome move Kia has again introduced one touch up down for all windows starting from HTX trim. This time all windows can be controlled through voice command as well (earlier Voice commands was limited only to GT Line and X Line). Hope this stays now, as earlier too they had introduced it and removed it in a month or so. This is extremely convenient feature, they could delete the air purifier if they wanted!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-auto-up-down.png  

Last edited by 07CR : 18th March 2024 at 12:21.
07CR is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 12:50   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRND1.5L View Post
IVT and DCT seem to be completely different cars in Seltos. I testdrove IVT and then bought GTX+ DCT because the safety suite in DCT is much more comprehensive than IVT. My Guess is the Automatic Braking with Engine braking is not technically feasible to implement with KIA's IVT which is strange because Honda Elevate has CMBS with iVT transmission.
What you are taking about is ADAS Suite which has nothing to do with transmission IVT/DCT. Actually Kia has not given ADAS functionality in HTX variant which has IVT. Higher variants has ADAS but then IVT is not there but instead DCT is there.

Creta has IVT in top varaints and therefore has those ADAS based safety features.
dextor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 13:01   #2010
BHPian

Sharing a small update on my GTX+ DCT;
I have now completed 7500kms with my car and by the end of this month, I am expecting to add another ~2000kms to my odo. I have enjoyed the ownership so far, car has been a joy to drive within city limits as much as it is on the highways. I am satisfied on most accounts (yes, even suspension) except that one back of the mind feeling that in case of an unfortunate crash, the body structure could have been stronger. There are obviously a lot of things that could have been better with the car, but as an overall package - it still holds a good rank in this price range. No regrets so far.

The reason for this update is something else though. About 3 weeks ago while I was driving on my usual commute, the engine check light lit up along with a warning on the ICE screen to contact service centre. I called customer care, and the representative confirmed it is okay to drive the car to my home (~7 kms) as long as the check light is not red and the car is not behaving abnormally. They also connected me to the nearest service center (Allied Kia, Gurgaon) and the service manager promptly connected me to the front desk so I could book an appointment. Fast forward to the weekend, I took the car to service; I couldn't capture the error code on picture but it was something around 'Higher rpm than normal'. The service advisor recommended throttle body cleaning which is what they did and then cleared the error code history after a test drive. I could not sense anything wrong with car's behavior throughout this time.

My earlier car (Ford) had an engine wiring issue which cropped up in the 2nd month of ownership, the car was taken to a service center and it took them ~4 days to deliver it back to me. These kind of things don't bother me much to be honest as I understand all mechanical things could fail at any point, but the service I receive when the sun ain't shining is how I benchmark companies. I will have to say my understanding of why the aam junta puts so much weightage on good service when buying a car has got better after this instance. Ford is good, Kia is even better! All reps acted like they were invested in their company, and conscious that they represented Kia and not their own service center. They explained to me why such things could occur, explained what they did and how can I reach out to them easily if something crops up again. Special mention to the service manager - Surinder Kumar - he walked to me every ~10 mins while my car was in the service bay and ensured I understand that it was not a big issue and what would they do if re-occurs. I rate them 10/10 on service. FYI, I am not affiliated with them in anyway.

Pictures of the engine check warning attached below for reference. I am curious to know if anyone else who has used 1.5T for >5k kms have faced such an issue, couldn't find anything on the forum / internet so seems to be a one off sensor issue.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240227_165551.jpg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240227_164421.jpg  

Chugh_H is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks