Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2024, 10:25   #2086
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Exactly. They seem to be taking everyone for a ride and looking for an easy escape route to safeguard themselves. Btw, how are you proceeding ahead with Dashcam Installation, in case you are planning for it?
I have shot an E-mail to kiacare E-mail ID earlier today with the Dashcam query and asking for their take on Hardwiring from a Warranty perspective. I am not too hopeful of receiving a sensible response or any response for that matter, but hope to be proven wrong.
I am not fully decided yet. I did check with KIA Customer care and was directed to manager from service center (which I visited last Friday) for better answer. I am going to give another try today. I am also planning to check with my SA one more time. Will share update here.

If there is no promising answer, for now, I am thinking of going ahead with 12v socket option rather than hardwiring.
Old 28th March 2024, 15:15   #2087
BHPian

I recently bought a 3-channel dashcam for my Seltos and got it installed professionally using a hardwire kit.

It was very straightforward and should not cause any trouble, if installed properly. Use of cheap hardwire kits and fuse-taps should be avoided. I ordered all parts directly from the dashcam manufacturer and all the wirings were of good quality and the overall build was confident inspiring.

If you don't cheap out, and know a proper installer, you should not have to worry about hardwiring. That being said, if you don't want to take any chances, then of course the 12V socket would be the best bet.

I will write a detailed review about the product and installation soon.
Old 28th March 2024, 15:56   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
The issue is with GTX models of Both Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta where Bose systems are installed, lower model has wireless AA/CP since they don't have Bose system.
Missing this important feature to accommodate crapy Bose system looks unwise.
Actually, no. The issue about not having Wirelss Android Auto /Carplay is not about having Bose sound system but with regards to the ownership of the NAV button.

Hyundai/Kia provide in-buiot navigation on higher variants. There was a dispute with Apple & Google over which navigation app gets triggered when a user presses the NAV buttion while in Android Auto/Carplay session. Hyundai wanted their in-built navigation to respond while Google & Apple wanted their own apps (Google Maps & Apple Maps) to trigger.

It appears that a resolution has been reached & Hyundai's navigation launches when the button is pressed. This is the reason that in November & December of 2023, Wireless Android Auto/Carplay was enabled through OTA for cars sold in EU.

This feature might make it's way to India anytime soon. There is no hardware limitations on the infotainment system
Desi Dybuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 16:37   #2089
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Apologies for the long post..

Looking to buy new vehicle in Company Car Lease policy, mostly used in normal traffic as my home town has very moderate traffic with only 3-4 places with signals and no bumber to bumber its just normal moving traffic like 20-30kmph. Average usage of 500kms per month in town and outstation highway trips around 4000 kms in an year. So usage 10000kms with 40% usage in highways. My only preference is to have Automatic with all bells and if possible Diesel.

So shortlisted Creta and Seltos but each has their own negatives.

Booked Seltos GTX+ in last september but when looked in person myself and Wife didn't like the black roof in GT line and I didn’t considered lower trims as I want Ventilated seats, 360 vamera etc so halted my purchase to wait for Harrier.

New Harrier launched and didn't like the pricing and also felt the vehicle is too big for my everyday usgae to drop kids at schools and use in towm. For long trips we have Innova Crysta which helped us from 2020 and currently with 1.2L on Odo. Wait continued for new Creta launch.

I personally liked the new Creta front looks compared to the outgoing one but the large space at grill is not to my liking and also felt the interiors color is dull and no WOW feeling.

Creat N line in pictures looks great to me with new front grill and changes to bumber. Also liked the interior black red theme. Although I didn't like the seltos GTX+ roof just because I personally felt that it looks cheap (no offence to any one.

As the year end approaching and looking at my TDS and felt the necessity to use car lease policy and escape surcharges.

Revisited KIA again yesterday and this time I considered lower trims as I have used my friend new Seltos for last 2 days and thought Ventilated seats didn't make much difference and 360 camera is also not mandatory requirement now. So checked out HTX, HTX+ and GTX+ variants. Impressed with the HTX+ camel brown interior color and HTX beige color is also not bad but my 2 little kids will spoil the seats very quick.

So thought compromising Diesel and buying HTX+ DCT. But just now looked at the prices and realized its only 24k difference betweek HTX+ DCT and GTX+(S) DCT. I know we loose bose speakers in GTX+(S) compared to HTX+ and 360° is missing in both. But with just 24k we get ADAS level 2 along with other features. I don't see any value in HTX+ variant now.

Can someone please help if I am missing anything here?
Old 28th March 2024, 16:39   #2090
BANNED

Attached the latest Bangalore price list
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-screenshot_20240328_163338_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

Old 28th March 2024, 17:06   #2091
Distinguished - BHPian

For people who want to permanently wire their 70 mai dashcams to enable parking monitoring, there is the option of OBD connected power kit available on Amazon. They can use this kit to enable constant parking monitoring.

NEXDIGITRON OBD-2 Plug & Play Connection (with OBD-II Connector) https://amzn.in/d/33PWO4w

The Obd port is permanently powered and please note that it will drain your battery if the car is not driven for 7-8 days. It does have low voltage disconnection inbuilt to disconnect the camera if voltage drops below 11.9V.
However the good thing is that this is completely plug and play and will not affect your warranty as you can disconnect the dashcam anytime from the port.

Last edited by Behemoth : 28th March 2024 at 17:08.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 17:15   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumosari View Post
So thought compromising Diesel and buying HTX+ DCT. But just now looked at the prices and realized its only 24k difference betweek HTX+ DCT and GTX+(S) DCT. I know we loose bose speakers in GTX+(S) compared to HTX+ and 360° is missing in both. But with just 24k we get ADAS level 2 along with other features. I don't see any value in HTX+ variant now.

Can someone please help if I am missing anything here?
Firstly, you are compromising only efficiency with the turbo petrol+ DCT combo over Diesel. In exchange you are getting a whole lot of fun with probably the fastest engine car on this side of 50L rupees, a very quick DCT (Diesel AT felt very slow in comparison), nearly EV like refinement and no worry of probable DPF issues. Sure you will need to use ISG/Auto hold or both to pry off the probable DCT worries.

Coming to your query, GTX+ S is very well loaded compared to HTX+ DCT. I would anyday choose the GTX+ S over HTX+. That said I would also urge you to get the GTX +, as the BOSE speakers are definitely an upgrade over stock speakers and the 360 degree camera has saved me on many instances. You also get the Blind view monitor (every time you use indicator you get a feed of that side's blind view in instrument cluster), which IMO is a huge safety feature. All this at just 74K. IMO if you would be using it for a decade or so, that comes out just 7.4K per year/ 600 bucks per month incremental cost, which is negligible.

In GTX+ you get option of single tone or dual tone roof. Mine is a single tone one and my roof is white in color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Kia has rolled out Wireless Android Auto & Carplay for most vehicles in Europe from November 2023. We in India need to wait a bit longer for India-spec vehicles to get Wireless Android Auto & Carplay support for higher specced Seltos, Sonet & Carens. This would fix, probably one of the biggest gripe with the infotainment system!

https://update.kia.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/z5ckII
I don't understand why this is such a big deal ? My phone stays plugged in happily as shown in pic. There are plenty of other storage spaces too (just ahead of gear lever, on top of cup holder tray etc). Also with wired Android auto, it rarely disconnects. I also have a HTX iMT sonet which gets wireless Android auto. But frankly I never got it why people are so crazy about this feature. It takes less than 5 secs to plug in your phone and enjoy Android auto uninterrupted! ( Which isn't case in wireless Android auto)
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img20240328wa0004.jpg  

Last edited by 07CR : 28th March 2024 at 17:43.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 18:39   #2093
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Coming to your query, GTX+ S is very well loaded compared to HTX+ DCT. I would anyday choose the GTX+ S over HTX+. That said I would also urge you to get the GTX +, as the BOSE speakers are definitely an upgrade over stock speakers and the 360 degree camera has saved me on many instances. You also get the Blind view monitor (every time you use indicator you get a feed of that side's blind view in instrument cluster), which IMO is a huge safety feature. All this at just 74K. IMO if you would be using it for a decade or so, that comes out just 7.4K per year/ 600 bucks per month incremental cost, which is negligible.
Thanks for the response. Yes i agree with you and definitely GTX+ is worth the value over HTX+. Even I like the Xline if they provide in normal glossy paint.

Quote:
In GTX+ you get option of single tone or dual tone roof. Mine is a single tone one and my roof is white in color.
The only thing holded me from GTX+ is the black roof fabric. Do you mean outside outside rooftop color or inside fabric color?
Old 28th March 2024, 18:55   #2094
BANNED

Quote:

Booked Seltos GTX+ in last september but when looked in person myself and Wife didn't like the black roof in GT line and I didn’t considered lower trims as I want Ventilated seats, 360 vamera etc so halted my purchase to wait for Harrier.
I was referring to the headliner (Internal roof fabric) color here. HTX and HTX+ are getting beige color roof fabric and the quality of the fabric is good where as GT line and Xline are provided with black color roof fabric and the quality is not good. I have noticed its catching lint and other fabric particles and my friend who bought GTX+ 4 months back also mentioned his roof fabric is also having lint.
Old 28th March 2024, 20:02   #2095
BHPian

Hello Team,

What's the expected mileage for Seltos IVT in the City? In Bangalore traffic, I am getting nearly 8.5 KMPL. Is it normal? I was expecting at least 11-12 in the City. I am a sedate driver and do not push hard. Do you think I need to check it with the service centre or will it be improved over time? I have just clocked less than 2K.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 28th March 2024, 20:11   #2096
BANNED

Can anyone please provide the realistic mileage one can expect from each of the transmission with normal sedate usage. I know we can have 10-20% differences due to driving style but can we just get the average mileage for City and Highway for below transmission

1.5 NA IVT :
1.5 T DCT :
1.5 Diesel AT :
Old 28th March 2024, 20:21   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
For people who want to permanently wire their 70 mai dashcams to enable parking monitoring, there is the option of OBD connected power kit available on Amazon. They can use this kit to enable constant parking monitoring.

NEXDIGITRON OBD-2 Plug & Play Connection (with OBD-II Connector) https://amzn.in/d/33PWO4w

The Obd port is permanently powered and please note that it will drain your battery if the car is not driven for 7-8 days. It does have low voltage disconnection inbuilt to disconnect the camera if voltage drops below 11.9V.
However the good thing is that this is completely plug and play and will not affect your warranty as you can disconnect the dashcam anytime from the port.
Thanks for the input. While searching further today, I came across OBD II connectors for dash cams. Only thing I am not clear about is what are pros and cons between hardwire connection in Fuse Box vs OBD II port. I am interested more from perspective of Battery draining out with those connections. I am considering DDPAI dash cam and believe it too has low voltage disconnection built in it.
Old 28th March 2024, 20:28   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand why this is such a big deal ? My phone stays plugged in happily as shown in pic. There are plenty of other storage spaces too (just ahead of gear lever, on top of cup holder tray etc). Also with wired Android auto, it rarely disconnects. I also have a HTX iMT sonet which gets wireless Android auto. But frankly I never got it why people are so crazy about this feature. It takes less than 5 secs to plug in your phone and enjoy Android auto uninterrupted! ( Which isn't case in wireless Android auto)
It matters when there are other passengers in back seat and they want to play music of their choice without disturbing the driver or co-passenger. We have Creta and Seltos in the family and both come with wired AA/CP and really wish that they could have offered wireless connection.

Whenever my kids are in the back seat, my wife or I have to be RJ and play on-demand music. It becomes irritating during long drives, having to depend on wired connection. So, I bought Carlinkit wireless dongle and now my kids just take over the music themselves without bothering me or my wife. Believe me, it is such a life saver during long drives where G-maps and music can co-exist without disturbing anyone

And of course, having spent money on top model, one would expect wireless connection when lower priced variants gets it.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th March 2024 at 20:45.
Aviator_guy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 21:42   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It matters when there are other passengers in back seat and they want to play music of their choice without disturbing the driver or co-passenger. We have Creta and Seltos in the family and both come with wired AA/CP and really wish that they could have offered wireless connection.

Whenever my kids are in the back seat, my wife or I have to be RJ and play on-demand music. It becomes irritating during long drives, having to depend on wired connection. So, I bought Carlinkit wireless dongle and now my kids just take over the music themselves without bothering me or my wife. Believe me, it is such a life saver during long drives where G-maps and music can co-exist without disturbing anyone

And of course, having spent money on top model, one would expect wireless connection when lower priced variants gets it.
Couldn’t agree more.

Been driving the i20 Sportz with wireless CarPlay occasionally and oh boy it’s just such a boon! No dangling wires and no clutter. What’s better is multiple people can connect wirelessly and the switch is ever so seamless. This has to be a great miss in the 10.25 inch screen in Hyundai/Kia cars. I would any day choose wireless over wired.
Col Mehta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 22:41   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone please provide the realistic mileage one can expect from each of the transmission with normal sedate usage. I know we can have 10-20% differences due to driving style but can we just get the average mileage for City and Highway for below transmission

1.5 NA IVT :
1.5 T DCT :
1.5 Diesel AT :
X line Petrol

Below are the FE figures in Eco mode and normal mode. These are highway driving figures and I'm perplexed as to why Eco mode mileage is lower than normal mode. In both modes, the car has been driven at 80 to 90 speed with occasional bursts around 110-120.

The car has finished first service.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240328_140639.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-20240328_181429.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks