Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2024, 12:31   #2176
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
I made another attempt to check with KIA helpline and got directed to Service Center. I did check with my Service Manager and even with my SA. Both mentioned that if hardwiring done through fuse box, it can void warranty.
Hey Amit,

I'm sure no dealer or the manufacturer will say YES to hardwiring. There are too many parameters involved. Also, even if any dealer says yes, I'm sure it will be up to the dealer to cover the costs if something happens, and I'm sure the manufacturer doesn't take responsibility.

In my case, I got the dashcam (Viofo A229 Plus) hardwired through a friend who is into the car accessories business, and I trust his work completely. No concerns were raised when I took my seltos for the 10,000km service in February. In fact, SA, mechanics, and others on the service floor were all looking at the camera, asking me about the details of the dashcam and how I got it installed. I also showed them the footage from the phone.

On a similar note, on the KIA FAQ's website, they mention the Scratch Care Program for New Seltos purchased before 31st December 2023, which says The program is restricted to repair of 1 scratch per 1 car in an ownership period of 12 months from the date of sale with maximum scratch length of up to 15 cms

https://www.kia.com/in/service/custo...eness/faq.html

When I went for my 10,000km service, I enquired with the service manager, who politely said they were unaware of a program like Scratch Care. I showed him the website, and he still denied it.

After a month, I wrote to KIA, and they asked me to contact the nearest service centre. I replied to them, saying that the service centre had no idea about the program. The next thing they did was to cc the dealer on the email, and viola, I got a call from the same manager who said, "Sir, please get your car, and we will look into it."

The reason I'm sharing this incident is that dealers always try to avoid addressing issues that are a bit complex, even though manufacturers have it covered in their scope.
bharathdonti is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 12:40   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Hey Amit,

On a similar note, on the KIA FAQ's website, they mention the Scratch Care Program for New Seltos purchased before 31st December 2023, which says The program is restricted to repair of 1 scratch per 1 car in an ownership period of 12 months from the date of sale with maximum scratch length of up to 15 cms

https://www.kia.com/in/service/custo...eness/faq.html

When I went for my 10,000km service, I enquired with the service manager, who politely said they were unaware of a program like Scratch Care. I showed him the website, and he still denied it.
Hey, please provide details on whether the dealer did something on the scratch?
Old 5th April 2024, 12:47   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
Hey, please provide details on whether the dealer did something on the scratch?
I didn't have time to take the car to the dealer. Now that they have agreed that the scratch care program is valid, I will go at my ease and update the details in this thread
bharathdonti is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 13:40   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
I made another attempt to check with KIA helpline and got directed to Service Center. I did check with my Service Manager and even with my SA. Both mentioned that if hardwiring done through fuse box, it can void warranty.

With that, I am leaning towards connecting dashcam to 12V socket as parking surveillance is not priority for me at this moment (Most of the parking places in my society are in coverage of CC TV cameras)
Likewise. I was also directed to the Dealer on the E-mail that i had sent to KIA. Got to hear the same thing.
During my research, I came across Miofive 4k Dual Dashcam and have been talking to Miofive Team, who are based out of Bangalore.

https://www.miofive.in/

As part of April Offer, they are offering this Dashcam for 20k with Free Hardwiring Kit included. It can also be purchased off Amazon at the same price, but there is no Hardwiring Kit included with it. This already has inbuilt 128 GB eMMC Storage, so no need of an External SD Card. I might go for this. If you are interested, let me know and we can try to strike a better deal.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 5th April 2024 at 13:41. Reason: Add text
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 14:21   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Likewise. I was also directed to the Dealer on the E-mail that i had sent to KIA. Got to hear the same thing.
During my research, I came across Miofive 4k Dual Dashcam and have been talking to Miofive Team, who are based out of Bangalore.

As part of April Offer, they are offering this Dashcam for 20k with Free Hardwiring Kit included. It can also be purchased off Amazon at the same price, but there is no Hardwiring Kit included with it. This already has inbuilt 128 GB eMMC Storage, so no need of an External SD Card. I might go for this. If you are interested, let me know and we can try to strike a better deal.
Where are they offering it with a hardwiring kit included? I am also interested in this dashcam.

When they say the warranty will be void if we hardwire the dashcam, does it mean the warranty for all electricals involved will be void? Which specific warranties are they talking about?
Old 5th April 2024, 14:31   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
No it does not move to S mode on shifting to D. But while already in D, you can shift it towards your (driver) side. That enables S mode. Basically it is a manual mode where you can shift gear up/down manually. But here as well, while you need to manually shift up, gear shift down happens automatically if you do not do it.
I have a query about Manual mode in Seltos GTX+ petrol. If vehicle is in D mode and paddle shifters gets used, does it take vehicle into S mode?

Reason for asking this is while driving to office this week, I accidently pulled "+" paddle shifter. Vehicle was in "D" mode - with D2 shown on MID. As soon as paddle shifter got pressed, MID started showing 3. Does that mean car went into S mode? or this is a different scenario from pure S mode?

Last edited by F1amit : 5th April 2024 at 14:33.
Old 5th April 2024, 14:46   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
I have a query about Manual mode in Seltos GTX+ petrol. If vehicle is in D mode and paddle shifters gets used, does it take vehicle into S mode?

Reason for asking this is while driving to office this week, I accidently pulled "+" paddle shifter. Vehicle was in "D" mode - with D2 shown on MID. As soon as paddle shifter got pressed, MID started showing 3. Does that mean car went into S mode? or this is a different scenario from pure S mode?
Using paddle shifter will not change the mode. The car will remain in the whatever the selected mode was.

The "D" on the MID disappears momentarily, I guess to inform the driver that auto mode is not active and gear shifting will need manual input.

But if there is no input from the driver for some some seconds, the car goes back to auto mode and "D" reappears on the MID.

I have started using paddle shifters a lot e.g when due to traffic I have to slow down and then have to immediately overtake, but the gears do not auto shift down (to say 3rd or 2nd) and so to have a quick pick up, I use paddle shift.

On the contrary, just day before, I drove in S mode for about an hour and all along the drive, it was taking forever to shift up (from 2nd to 3rd to 4th and so on), so I liberally used paddle shifter to upshift.

Last edited by GTX+ : 5th April 2024 at 14:52.
GTX+ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 14:52   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
Where are they offering it with a hardwiring kit included? I am also interested in this dashcam.

When they say the warranty will be void if we hardwire the dashcam, does it mean the warranty for all electricals involved will be void? Which specific warranties are they talking about?
They are offering this Deal, if directly bought from them. I have been talking to them over Call.

They have just made a blanket statement and have not elaborated as such. Nor will they do i believe. My understanding of this is, if everything works fine as expected, no one's going to say anything. In an unfortunate case of any electrical issues cropping up, SC guys will have an easy escape route to blame the cause on the Hardwiring done and deny Warranty. There might be ways to counter it though.

Not sure if Hardwiring use-case can be compared to upgrading Headlamps from 60W to 100/90W Bulbs with a Relay. Which i had done for my previous Car during Warranty period and it worked out well. I did not think so much about it when i did it but am spending too much time thinking now in case of Hardwiring. Probably because there is too much technology involved now. Or maybe it is not too much of a big deal that we are making it sound like.

Ultimately, it depends on the risk appetite one is willing to take.
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 16:13   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I came across Miofive 4k Dual Dashcam and have been talking to Miofive Team, who are based out of Bangalore.

If you are planning to spend around 20k on dashcam, my suggestion would be to check for Sony Starvis 2 sensor based dashcams. The night time (low light) videos are much better as this is the lastest Sony tech.
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 23:05   #2185
BHPian

Did anybody buy 7d floor mat from the dealer itself? I felt it's a bit overpriced, but quality maybe good. There are a few options at half the price in amazon, but not sure about the quality.
Which mats are you using? Recommendations please..
Old 6th April 2024, 07:59   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
Did anybody buy 7d floor mat from the dealer itself? I felt it's a bit overpriced, but quality maybe good. There are a few options at half the price in amazon, but not sure about the quality.
Which mats are you using? Recommendations please..
Bought it from the dealer itself and the quality is excellent. The only accessories I took were floor and boot mats. Nothing else.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 09:26   #2187
BHPian

Friends, currently I’m driving Elite i20 CRDi with Wolfmoto stage 1+ remap, I’m extremely happy with its performance and efficiency even after 8+ years of usage. But I have decided to upgrade to an automatic considering the chaotic traffic condition at Bangalore since I use my car regularly for office commute. And, more or less I have decided to get a new Seltos GTX+ after the test drive of Creta/N-line 2024, German Twins, XUV700 & Tata Safari, I felt the WOW factor & value for money proposition of Seltos is unmatched.

Coming back to Seltos, I did the test drive of both 1.5T Petrol DCT & 1.5T Diesel AT, but couldn’t decide between the two. I have a small incline towards Diesel AT due to my current diesel car experience, but I’m little worried about the future of diesel cars & its resell value since I planning to retain the new car for at least 8-10yrs.

My monthly city run would be around 350-400KM in peak Bangalore traffic & yearly highway run would be around 3500KM that includes few hill station drives with 4-5 people onboard. Considering the above usage can some of you help me to pickup the right model.

I have below questions to existing owners, your inputs will really help.

1. How much mileage I can expect from DCT in peak Bangalore traffic?
2. Do you see any DCT overheating or jerk in bumper-to-bumper city traffic?
3. Do I need to worry about DPF clogging issues for continuous city usage of Diesel AT? Kia Sales team told me that Seltos diesel will not have any DPF issues even if I don’t hit the highway for months or keeping the car idle as it got AdBlue, is that true?
4. How is the diesel AT performance with full load on highways, inclines & hilly roads? Can it comfortably cruise at 100-120KMPH with some room for those quick overtakes?
5. How is the ride comfort of 18” wheel? It is really bothersome? I know Kia did some suspension retuning in the new Seltos to improve the ride comfort, but heard that it’s still not up to the mark, unfortunately I failed to notice during my test drive.
Old 6th April 2024, 11:43   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathanK View Post
3. Do I need to worry about DPF clogging issues for continuous city usage of Diesel AT? Kia Sales team told me that Seltos diesel will not have any DPF issues even if I don’t hit the highway for months or keeping the car idle as it got AdBlue, is that true?
4. How is the diesel AT performance with full load on highways, inclines & hilly roads? Can it comfortably cruise at 100-120KMPH with some room for those quick overtakes?
5. How is the ride comfort of 18” wheel? It is really bothersome? I know Kia did some suspension retuning in the new Seltos to improve the ride comfort, but heard that it’s still not up to the mark, unfortunately I failed to notice during my test drive.
Your usage pattern is quite similar to mine, where I would be driving around 8K kms annually. My inline answers-

1. My Seltos facelift DCT gives me 11-13 in Pune traffic. Seldom has it given me below 10, even if it gives it's been 9.5+. On the plus side, on free flowing traffic roads, I have even seen figures hit 15 Kmpl!
2. There is absolutely no jerk felt in Pune traffic. Infact passengers don't even feel the shifts. Car is very usable in Normal and Eco mode in city conditions( eco mode even more). Sports mode is a No-No as it gets very jerky in city conditions. The facelift has resolved the 1.4 Turbo's jerky nature completely as I remember the prominent jerks on my test drive in 2019. Never seen the DCT overheating warning. I engage auto hold and ISG on my all drives. Either of these disengages clutch when you come to a standstill and therefore it doesn't heat up.
3. Please don't take the dealerships word for that. Many are not even aware of what is a DPF issue (Pune SA wasn't aware!). If you would be driving frequently in bumper to bumper traffic, with no way to spin the engine at higher RPM, indeed it could be an issue. One of my reasons of not choosing the diesel.
4. I never got a chance to take it on hilly roads and full load. But on my test drive I noticed distinct lack of power. I was replacing my Ecosport S TDCI with Seltos, and I felt the performance very similar to ecosport. The gearshifts were more prominent than DCT and here I could feel slight jerks. I was driving in Normal mode. That said it should comfortably cruise at 100-120 since my Ecosport did it well.
5. I had actually walked in to purchase a Carens DCT considering it's supreme ride comfort. But one test drive made me change my mind. The 18 inch Seltos is as nearly good as a Carens and that car is raved for ride comfort. I felt Carens to be just about 10% better at low speed ride than Seltos. Added equipment, more fun to drive nature (I was replacing Ecosport afterall), no requirement of a 6 seat car, the decision was made to go for Seltos.

Last edited by 07CR : 6th April 2024 at 11:47.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 16:05   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathanK View Post

Coming back to Seltos, I did the test drive of both 1.5T Petrol DCT & 1.5T Diesel AT, but couldn’t decide between the two. I have a small incline towards Diesel AT due to my current diesel car experience, but I’m little worried about the future of diesel cars & its resell value since I planning to retain the new car for at least 8-10yrs.

My monthly city run would be around 350-400KM in peak Bangalore traffic & yearly highway run would be around 3500KM that includes few hill station drives with 4-5 people onboard. Considering the above usage can some of you help me to pickup the right model.

I have below questions to existing owners, your inputs will really help.

1. Peak city traffic: Single digit mostly.

2. Overheating in peak traffic is nothing new for DCTs, especially if you are not mindful of DCT’s inherent quality. With engine start stop and careful handling, it can be minimized. But in general, DCTs don’t like heavy traffic and is laggy in initial gears and can be jerky and confusing when jumping between the 1st and 2nd gear. Some say they don’t experience it, but I feel it most of the times and it can get annoying when you do experience it.

3. DPF is a potential issue if you drive primarily within city in heavy traffic. Best way to avoid DPF clogging is to take your car on open roads and rev it. If you can do it, and your monthly running allows diesel, then go for it. Since you are coming from a great diesel engine, you will feel better with the diesel AT combo. More on this in 4..

4. The Hyundai/Kia diesels are good, but have been tuned conservatively with BS6 Phase 2. They don’t feel and drive as good as older engines did. Maybe an extensive TD will help. But from reliability POV, 100% better than DCTs.

5. The set up is quite good, but not as plush as the Creta with 17 inch wheels. Having said that, Kia has definitely done a good job with the FL Seltos with overall ride quality even on the 18 inch wheels. The pre FL Seltos with 17 inch wheels had a horrible ride quality in comparison.

Good luck finalizing your next car .
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 16:40   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
4. The Hyundai/Kia diesels are good, but have been tuned conservatively with BS6 Phase 2. They don’t feel and drive as good as older engines did. Maybe an extensive TD will help. But from reliability POV, 100% better than DCTs.

Col Mehta ,

Since I share the same opinion as yours with regards to the Hyundai / Kia BS6 Ph2 diesels, I'm curious if you test drove the Sonet Diesel , primarily D AT.

I completely concur with you - the Creta / Seltos D AT are average at best in terms of drivability. Honestly , at full load I found even the Sonet D AT to have a bit toned down response. So , there are pretty high chances that the Ph2 tuning has taken the conservative route.

But what is surprising is that , the claimed mileage has dropped by 0.5 - 1 kmpl for the Sonet's D AT. I somehow cannot conect the dots.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks