Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2024, 16:14   #2161
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Just before the trip, I have filled the GoodYear Tyres with recommended 35 PSI Nitrogen. After driving for nearly 100 Km, through the TPMS, realised that one tyre (front left) is loosing pressure.
Tyre warranty is fulfilled by tyre company and not by Kia. Even if you raise warranty claim, Service center will pass it on to tyre company. Here it will be additional burden for Service center to take the tyre and bring back.

Better to call up the tyre company customer care and lodge the complaint. If they have office in your town they will ask to bring the tyre. They inspect & provide replacement immediately if the claim is valid. Take all the proofs & photos and if possible letter from Kia service center and sent it over email to tyre company.

Goodyear has some thing known as WFS (Worry Free Service) where they provide replacement for all cases. Refer details of warranty in their portal
https://www.goodyear.co.in/customer-...arranty-policy

I had a case with my 6 month old JK Tyre which had got a side wall cut. The same was replaced by tyre company immediately free of charge. Their customer care & office was very professional & supportive.
dextor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 21:27   #2162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
Thanks to all the responses. I have gone ahead and booked the Imperial Blue GTX+ Petrol DCT variant.
Congratulations on your booking. Even I had initially booked X line mainly for interior colour but changed it immediately to GTX+ to be saved from long term hassle of maintenance of matte finish.

For PPF, ask them not to remove any badge etc but to trim the film around them.

At delivery, ask the dealer to switch off all ADAS features except rear cross traffic and blind spot. Later you could activate the rest as you get comfortable with this car.

Hope to hear your drive experience soon.
Old 3rd April 2024, 22:58   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Too early to say whether am happy or not with Garware PPF,. I went for it as it was within my budget, overall good reviews and the warranty which covers yellowing and even premature unpeeling. But yellowing is not such an issue on black cars as it's not easily visible.

Few pictures.
So how's the ppf quality now? Did you observe any bubbles, peeling, yellowing etc?
Also, the car looks lovely! Glad I picked the same color!
Old 4th April 2024, 10:33   #2164
Senior - BHPian

So I observed one thing today. If you switch the driving modes and switch to sport mode, the upshift happens a little late at around 2.4K rpm or so in light throttle inputs. The steering also becomes noticeably heavy, which is a NO for city driving.

Instead I was in eco mode, and I shifted the Gearbox to the S mode. I guess the car also shifted to Sport driving mode since the graphics in instrument cluster changed to the redish hue. However, the steering remained as light as it was in eco mode.

So any other difference between the gearboxes S mode and the sport mode in drive mode?
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 17:16   #2165

Fellow Seltos Drivers:

Have any one of you driven in mountains, especially the Himalayas?

Any tips, precautions, preparations for the trips?

Thank you!
Old 4th April 2024, 18:48   #2166

Came across this section in Kia Seltos 2023 user manual, which indicates about a Petrol Particulate Filter (PPF). Anyone have recieved such warning on Petrol vehicle. Except the two insrances, there is hardly any other reference about PPF anywhere else in the user manual or in the internet.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_3556.jpeg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_3557.jpeg
Old 4th April 2024, 19:39   #2167
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrulz View Post
Came across this section in Kia Seltos 2023 user manual, which indicates about a Petrol Particulate Filter (PPF). Anyone have recieved such warning on Petrol vehicle. Except the two insrances, there is hardly any other reference about PPF anywhere else in the user manual or in the internet.
Thanks for this info. I know about DPF and precautions to be taken in diesel vehicles not to get this warning. However, this is first time I heard about Petrol Particulate Filter (PPF) in Petrol vehicles.

Does Petrol Particulate Filter (PPF) results in issues similar to DPF in diesel vehicles?

Last edited by F1amit : 4th April 2024 at 19:40.
Old 4th April 2024, 22:10   #2168
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Please share your suggestions for a good Car Cover for Seltos apart from the OEM.

Thanks !!
Old 5th April 2024, 09:48   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
So how's the ppf quality now? Did you observe any bubbles, peeling, yellowing etc? Also, the car looks lovely! Glad I picked the same color!
Mine is Black and I guess you have picked the Blue one? But from afar, especially in a shade/low light vis a vis in sunglight, it has been observed that Seltos colours appear slightly diff

Coming to the PPF, well I am glad my initial apprehension and dejection has been proved wrong. With the onset of summer and car being out in the sun for a considerable time now, all the bubbles seem to have disappeared. As was told to me by detailer. Also, ppf seems to be of excellent quality. It has held on to the surface pretty well and absolutely no signs of yellowness or peeling at corners.

Last few days, I had to attend couple of family functions at 2 different locations and people couldn't stop appreciating the beauty and shine of the car... they had no idea of the PPF coating
Old 5th April 2024, 10:33   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Instead I was in eco mode, and I shifted the Gearbox to the S mode. I guess the car also shifted to Sport driving mode since the graphics in instrument cluster changed to the redish hue. However, the steering remained as light as it was in eco mode.

So any other difference between the gearboxes S mode and the sport mode in drive mode?
I do not know why it behaves differently, but even I have observed this.
Old 5th April 2024, 10:45   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

If you pull down the gear lever when in D mode, will it go to S mode? I was actually not aware of it during my test drive and SA also didn't tell me. Got to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX+ View Post
Mine is Black and I guess you have picked the Blue one? But from afar, especially in a shade/low light vis a vis in sunglight, it has been observed that Seltos colours appear slightly diff

Coming to the PPF, well I am glad my initial apprehension and dejection has been proved wrong. With the onset of summer and car being out in the sun for a considerable time now, all the bubbles seem to have disappeared. As was told to me by detailer. Also, ppf seems to be of excellent quality. It has held on to the surface pretty well and absolutely no signs of yellowness or peeling at corners.

Last few days, I had to attend couple of family functions at 2 different locations and people couldn't stop appreciating the beauty and shine of the car... they had no idea of the PPF coating
Haha. It looked like a shade of dark blue, especially in the first pic. But, I guess the Eye comfort shield turned on in my phone made me think it was dark blue. Now I see it's black. Looks lovely indeed!

How much did it cost you? Did you get it done for the roof as well?
Old 5th April 2024, 11:32   #2172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Does Petrol Particulate Filter (PPF) results in issues similar to DPF in diesel vehicles?
Diesel cars equipped with DPFs frequently experience clogging issues, while gasoline-powered cars fitted with PPFs rarely encounter such problems.

There are two primary reasons for this disparity. Firstly, diesel cars generate more particulate matter compared to petrol vehicles, making them more prone to filter blockage. Secondly, petrol cars operate at higher temperatures, enabling efficient burning of soot in the PPF without requiring high-speed driving
sunilarkt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:33   #2173
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Exactly. They seem to be taking everyone for a ride and looking for an easy escape route to safeguard themselves. Btw, how are you proceeding ahead with Dashcam Installation, in case you are planning for it?
I have shot an E-mail to kiacare E-mail ID earlier today with the Dashcam query and asking for their take on Hardwiring from a Warranty perspective. I am not too hopeful of receiving a sensible response or any response for that matter, but hope to be proven wrong.
I made another attempt to check with KIA helpline and got directed to Service Center. I did check with my Service Manager and even with my SA. Both mentioned that if hardwiring done through fuse box, it can void warranty.

With that, I am leaning towards connecting dashcam to 12V socket as parking surveillance is not priority for me at this moment (Most of the parking places in my society are in coverage of CC TV cameras)
F1amit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:36   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
If you pull down the gear lever when in D mode, will it go to S mode? I was actually not aware of it during my test drive and SA also didn't tell me. Got to check it out.
No it does not move to S mode on shifting to D. But while already in D, you can shift it towards your (driver) side. That enables S mode. Basically it is a manual mode where you can shift gear up/down manually. But here as well, while you need to manually shift up, gear shift down happens automatically if you do not do it.

The SAs generally do not tell half of the stuff.

Quote:
Haha. It looked like a shade of dark blue, especially in the first pic.
Happened to me as well when I had gone to check out the new facelift.

Quote:
Now I see it's black. Looks lovely indeed!

How much did it cost you? Did you get it done for the roof as well?
Thank you. Black indeed looks superb, especially with PPF. I went with Garware PPF with 5 year warranty and it costed me around 85k.

Last edited by GTX+ : 5th April 2024 at 11:38.
GTX+ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:55   #2175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to shift it to right side when the car is in D mode. This way the gearbox goes in S mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks