Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2024, 11:26   #2041
BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post

One of them taught me how to specifically drive KIA automatics to get great mileage and it was nothing like I knew about even after seeing many videos on YouTube. I wasn't tough on the accelerator, but, there's a trick to make it work for you and still give good mileage. The accelerator has to be managed on continuous basis, basically.
What I know is that if you keep your RPMs around 1600 and try not exceeding 2000 RPM even when shifting gears and so on you get very good mileage provided there is no too much breaking involved, with this I can get around 11-14 in city in most traffic conditions on a Sonet petrol.

Is there anything else to take care of?
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:58   #2042
BHPian

I visited Kia showroom yesterday to check out Seltos and Carens with 15L as my limit for Exshowroom (Car Lease). Few surprising observations:
  • Seltos and Sonet were side by side, so I actually started comparing both. I am 5'4 and all in my family are below 5'5. What I realised was both Sonet and Seltos had ample Knee room behind me as I adjusted to my seat.
  • Seltos ofcourse had more than enough Legroom but Sonet was also more than adequate.
  • The most surprising point was the Boot. Usable boot height of Seltos (below Parcel Tray) was 2/3 of Sonet. Hence, you can surprisingly put more or at least same amount of luggage in both cars!
  • I was considering Petrol (NCR), but then saw the price of Sonet Diesel AT HTX @13. It has the same engine and gearbox as Seltos and many more features or 4-5 Lacs difference for same features for marginal leg space increase which I don't need.
  • Realised, how Sonet is a much more VFM car compared to Seltos for my case (below average height). Now, I need to finalize between Sonet and Carens.
Love4Cars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 13:31   #2043
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a booking for both the Kia Seltos Petrol DCT GTX Plus Automatic and the 2024 facelifted Hyundai Creta which I originally booked for SX(O) IVT variant and changed it later to the N10 Hyundai Creta N10 DCT Automatic on seeing the thunder blue color.

Just today, I got the call from both Kia and Hyundai folks that the car is in transit and that the car will be in the dealer yard in the next couple of days. So, they had requested me to start arranging the finance.

I wasn't expecting to make this decision so soon but now that I need to, I had the following questions.

1. I know the seltos offers slightly more features in the top-end but I am worried about couple of things when it comes to seltos
a) Long term reliability (considering they only provide 5 years warranty compared to 7 years on Hyundai)
b) Paint quality - I have seen few carens where paint quality has faded within 6 months
c) Build quality - Perhaps its verna's crash safety ratings, but somehow I felt the thud and bonnet to be extremely heavy on the Creta. Does it mean anything?

2. I was not keen on dual tone but somehow the N10 variant is available predominantly in the dual tone shades barring white which I am not interested. Does dual tone make the car extremely hot when compared to a single color for the car but still in a dark shade (such as Imperial blue ) of seltos

3. My main concern is with the ride quality. Given that both these vehicles are now shod with 18 inch wheels, I am not sure which one will be slightly better in terms of ride comfort. Team-bhp reviews had compared the N line variant of creta to the previos gen seltos which had very stiff suspension and made the ride utterly uncomfortable. Any thoughts on this one?

4. When it comes to the money matters - currently the GTX plus DCT automatic variant is 1 Lakh cheaper [Dealer is providing 40K cash discount and road tax is calculated at 17% and not 18% which would apply for Creta N line as it exceeds 20L ex-showroom]. Further, there are no discounts being offered on the creta.

The sales advisor at hyundai is kind of sharing customer experiences where they purchased a seltos but sold the same to hyundai and took the previous gen creta because of its build quality. He is asking me to think twice and not just go by the upfront discounts and minor features that are missing on the creta.

Kind of completely lost which way to go and wanted to get feedback from members on this forum.
Old 22nd March 2024, 14:07   #2044
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Just thought of sharing a quick update on this. So, i visited the Service Center today to get the 1st Service done. Asked my SA about Hardwiring for Dashcam from Warranty perspective and he straight-away said it will impact the Warranty. I figured he is just doing some loose talk without any basis. So, i spoke to a Senior SA and he also repeated the same tune. When mentioned that there is no wire cutting in Hardwiring and a clip / coupler is just connected to the Fuse Box, he was still adamant if some electrical issues crop up at anytime, KIA will not honor Warranty due to Hardwired Dashcam. When asked how do they fit the Dashcam that is available as part of their official accessory, answer was they plug it in the 12V socket.

:
I too had first 1 month service for my Seltos today and asked SA about dash cam hard wiring in Fuse Box. He also said it would impact warranty... So I asked him to reconfirm as Sales Advisor had shared different information with me at time of vehicle delivery (He basically mentioned as long as any wires are not cut, warranty would not be voided).
So service advisor connected me to his colleague and he too confirm about warranty being impacted in case hard wiring in fuse box.

To my surprise second SA told me that if dash cam is directly connected to battery then warranty would not be impacted.

I still could not understand how does coupler connection to Fuse box impacts warranty while direct connection to battery doesn't?
F1amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 14:34   #2045
BHPian

Will try to answer your queries based on my experience with Previous gen Creata in the family and my seltos GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
1. I know the seltos offers slightly more features in the top-end but I am worried about couple of things when it comes to seltos
a) Long term reliability (considering they only provide 5 years warranty compared to 7 years on Hyundai)
b) Paint quality - I have seen few carens where paint quality has faded within 6 months
c) Build quality - Perhaps its verna's crash safety ratings, but somehow I felt the thud and bonnet to be extremely heavy on the Creta. Does it mean anything?
Yes, there is a small advantage since Hyundai offers 7yr warranty compared to 5yrs with KIA but since both KIA and Hyundai share the same parts mechanically it should be fine. On the build quality, again both Seltos and Creta share the exact same chassis. Crash ratings of both cars will be same irrespective of how heavy the doors and bonnet are. That said Seltos Doors and Bonnet are not light by any means.
Quote:
2. I was not keen on dual tone but somehow the N10 variant is available predominantly in the dual tone shades barring white which I am not interested. Does dual tone make the car extremely hot when compared to a single color for the car but still in a dark shade (such as Imperial blue ) of seltos
What you say is true and black is going to make the car hotter when parked in the sun. Seltos GTX also has full black interiors compared to lighter shade in Creata.
Quote:
3. My main concern is with the ride quality. Given that both these vehicles are now shod with 18 inch wheels, I am not sure which one will be slightly better in terms of ride comfort. Team-bhp reviews had compared the N line variant of creta to the previos gen seltos which had very stiff suspension and made the ride utterly uncomfortable. Any thoughts on this one?
While I dont know how the N line with 18" rides, the GTX 18" are manageable with tyre pressure around 32-33. The interior roads I drive are full of cuts and potholes and I dont really have to slow down too much. It could be softer but current tune is not too bad.

Quote:
4. When it comes to the money matters - currently the GTX plus DCT automatic variant is 1 Lakh cheaper [Dealer is providing 40K cash discount and road tax is calculated at 17% and not 18% which would apply for Creta N line as it exceeds 20L ex-showroom]. Further, there are no discounts being offered on the creta.
Did you check if its a 2023 or 2024 manufactured vehicle? I dont think there will be any discounts on 2024 models. If its 2023 vehicle then 40k discount is less and you can push for 80k to 1L. In fact as indicated a few posts above, Kia has announced a 3% price hike from April 1. So if you do decide to go for the seltos then you need to make sure the invoicing is done before 31st this month to avoid price hike.
Quote:
The sales advisor at hyundai is kind of sharing customer experiences where they purchased a seltos but sold the same to hyundai and took the previous gen creta because of its build quality. He is asking me to think twice and not just go by the upfront discounts and minor features that are missing on the creta.
What is he even talking about? they are basically the same and share the core structure and mechanicals. This is typical marketing tactics to just throw some doubt in your mind. Kia executive will tell you of customers selling creata and buying seltos. Dont pay attention to these marketing tactics.

End of day both are competent products and it will come down to personal preference like looks, ride quality, interior colors, variants matching your budget etc. In terms of build quality, features, service experience I would rate both Hyundai and Kia the same.

Last edited by praveen_v : 22nd March 2024 at 14:37.
praveen_v is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 18:42   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Kind of completely lost which way to go and wanted to get feedback from members on this forum.
1. As far as build quality goes, there isn't a any difference between Hyundai & Kia. Their processes are similar, QC is similar. So, I doubt if anyone can say whether one is better than the other here.

2. Creta's dark top would heat up the car slightly for sure but the interior is of light colour. However, Kia has black interiors. So, either way, it all depends on your choice. If heat is your absolute concern, them a car with lighter outer shade like White/Silver should be your choice.

3. Even though both Seltos GTX & Creta N line are both riding on 18 inch wheels, Kia's ride would be more harsh. According to Kartikeyan of Motorinc (search on Youtube for Motorinc's review of Creta N Line), he says that Creta N line's ride is better than Seltos even with 18 inch wheels.

4. There aren't any discounts on 2024 model year Seltos at this time. Ask your dealer for the VIN number of the car. If the 10th digit of the VIN is P, then it is 2023 model year, If it is R then it is 2024 manufactured car.

5. The sales person is lying to make a sale. Don't believe it. The ride of Kia is not THAT harsh than Creta. You take a test drive of both Seltos & Creta N line and make a decision yourself.

Remember, the dealer is not your friend. They will say anything to make a sale.

As for whether to go for Seltos GTX or Creta N-Line, I have the following Pros & Cons below

Seltos

Pros:

1. UV cut glass - helps during the harsh summers
2. Air Purifier
3. Wireless charger for phone with cooling function (Wireless charging the phone makes the phones hot)
4. A better looking interior than Creta
5. Ambient light in the interiors is awesome!

Cons:

1. Harsher ride when compared to Creta on 18 inchers
2. Dark interios - makes one claustrophobic
3. Not as many service points as Hyundai
4. Only 5 years warranty compared to 7 on Creta

Creta N Line:

Pros:

1. Better ride than Seltos on 18 inchers
2. Light interiors - makes it feel roomier
3. Far better spreadout service network
4. Cooled glovebox
5. One can opt for 7 year warranty unlike Kia's 5 year warranty

Cons:

1. Slightly unimaginative dashboard layout.
2. No UV Cut glass
3. No Air Purifier
4. No cooled wireless charger for phone
5. No rain sensiong

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 22nd March 2024 at 18:46. Reason: Added few additional points
Desi Dybuk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 21:20   #2047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

PFB my answers-

1 A) The larger extended warranty surely is a pro for Hyundai. That said, both are fairly reliable cars and this alone should not be a decision maker.

B) I have a Sonet that is now nearing 3 year mark. Paint quality has been absolutely top notch and it feels just out of showroom after a quick wash. My experience with Seltos FL has been similar.

C) It's just marketing BS of the Hyundai salesman. Both cars have similarly good or bad build quality. Even the product brochures say the same for both.

2) Darker shade of roof would certainly make the car hotter than a lighter shade. That said either cars ACs are chillers, so this should not matter.

3) In my experience the new gen Seltos is nearly there in ride quality, but it's handling and steering was better than the normal Creta FL I drove. I had walked in to purchase a Carens because of it's excellent ride quality, but went ahead with Seltos (18 inch), as I felt the ride to be 90% as good as the Carens. Don't go by the social media reviewers who just nit pick on everything as if its a big deal. In either case ride quality would be 5-10 % here and there between both cars. Take a long test drive (and check the air pressures) and decide for yourself.

4) This sweetens the deal. Many more features, drop dead gorgeous looks and a 1L discount. If you are fine with the lesser warranty, it's indeed the better choice.

5) It's just the salesman's pitch. Please don't fall for it. They would go to any extent to make that sale.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 23:14   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Creta's dark top would heat up the car slightly for sure but the interior is of light colour. However, Kia has black interiors. So, either way, it all depends on your choice. If heat is your absolute concern, them a car with lighter outer shade like White/Silver should be your choice.
I don't believe Creta N-Line is available with a light interior shade. As far as I know, Its interior is complete black and roof is also in dual tone color in black.

Quote:
Even though both Seltos GTX & Creta N line are both riding on 18 inch wheels, Kia's ride would be more harsh. According to Kartikeyan of Motorinc (search on Youtube for Motorinc's review of Creta N Line), he says that Creta N line's ride is better than Seltos even with 18 inch wheels.
Yes, I saw this video and that's what confused me when I read the team-bhp review as the t-bhp review compares the ride quality to be as firm as the pre-facelift seltos.

Quote:
There aren't any discounts on 2024 model year Seltos at this time. Ask your dealer for the VIN number of the car. If the 10th digit of the VIN is P, then it is 2023 model year, If it is R then it is 2024 manufactured car.
I have booked the car and the car isn't lying in the dealer yard. Its in transit and expected to arrive at the dealer yard by Mon. So, I am certain this isn't a 2023 model for sure. Because of the massive bookings for the facelift creta and slowing down of sales, some dealers (not all) are providing discounts on 2024 model of seltos as well. I have been promised 40K cash discount plus 25K worth of accessories.
Old 22nd March 2024, 23:35   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the car and the car isn't lying in the dealer yard. Its in transit and expected to arrive at the dealer yard by Mon. So, I am certain this isn't a 2023 model for sure. Because of the massive bookings for the facelift creta and slowing down of sales, some dealers (not all) are providing discounts on 2024 model of seltos as well. I have been promised 40K cash discount plus 25K worth of accessories.
Don’t want to be a buzzkill, here, and things might be different in your city. I have spoken to a couple of dealerships here in Delhi about the offers or discounts on Seltos and everyone just suggested to go for a 2023 variant for discounts upto 1L (negotiable), with nothing on 2024 variant. Not even a scent of discounts on 2024 make unit.

And why no such discounts in Delhi’s Kia dealerships? The Creta’s craze in Delhi is real. If sales were slowing down, and Creta were eating into the Seltos’ demand, why realize the price hike on all their offerings including Seltos now with no change in feature set? If it were the main reason for discount on Seltos, the price hike does not seem appropriate.

Separately, with the current market situation, a discount of 40k plus 25k accessories on 2024 MY unit is a bit out of place. Are there other dealers offering similar discounts? If it is a 2024 MY unit, why is this unit specifically available at a 40k discount?

I would like to suggest being a bit more careful. A detailed PDI is at least in order(apologies for sounding harsh). It’s a really good deal, if all is good.

Last edited by SixPistons : 22nd March 2024 at 23:59.
SixPistons is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 00:50   #2050
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, I saw this video and that's what confused me when I read the team-bhp review as the t-bhp review compares the ride quality to be as firm as the pre-facelift seltos...
Always best to take an extensive test drive on roads and in conditions one would daily drive the car.

Media drive reports are a good indicator of what to look for, but it's impossible to replicate all possible driving conditions, and people also have varying driving preferences and seat-of-the-pants feel for a car.

I reviewed the car, and I'll be the first to tell you don't take a(ny) reviewer's word over your own experience. You'll own and drive the car for several years, you need to be sure it works for you.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd March 2024 at 00:56. Reason: Typo
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 10:33   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
I am not sure if Auto Hold will have an adverse impact on the FE while in D mode. This defeats the purpose altogether and surely extensive tests might have gone into ascertaining that it has no negative impact. There were few discussions on TBHP forums about the same and the gist of those discussions were to say that there's no impact. Would love to hear comments from automobile experts.
While I partially agree with you as there's absence of data to confirm higher consumption during combination of D mode and auto hold but my view was based on practical observation as there is some amount of stress that I felt on the engine / car when the combo is active.
Hence I decided to take a precaution as it's harmless and doesn't take too much effort to manage.
Would surely like to hear from experts / if anyone can share an official document on this aspect.
TorkBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 11:58   #2052
BHPian

Kia has rolled out Wireless Android Auto & Carplay for most vehicles in Europe from November 2023. We in India need to wait a bit longer for India-spec vehicles to get Wireless Android Auto & Carplay support for higher specced Seltos, Sonet & Carens. This would fix, probably one of the biggest gripe with the infotainment system!

https://update.kia.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/z5ckII

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 23rd March 2024 at 11:58. Reason: Clarity
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:35   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
Kia has rolled out Wireless Android Auto & Carplay for most vehicles in Europe from November 2023. We in India need to wait a bit longer for India-spec vehicles to get Wireless Android Auto & Carplay support for higher specced Seltos, Sonet & Carens. This would fix, probably one of the biggest gripe with the infotainment system!
This is absolutely pure music to my ears (rather eyes as I read this). I hope they launch the update ASAP... why do they always make us wait for the good things
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:50   #2054
Senior - BHPian

For the folks frustrated with wired AA/CP, would like to share my experience with a device called Carlinkit 5.0 wireless adapter based on TBHP reviwes. Have been using it in my Creta IVT for about a month or so and very happy with it. Setting it up is super easy and needs a one time paring with mobile. After that it automatically connects to it next time I enter and switch on the car. Also, I can use Google assistant "hey google" for voice commands to play songs, search gmaps or dial a contact.

Would like to add that devices like this are prone to disconnection on the go and I was little apprehensive before the purchase. But this one works flawlessly 95% of the time. I figured that it disconnects at a particular spot near my house whenever I pass thru that location. May be interference with some tower, not sure. But I have read another review in TBHP that someone's wireless AA used to disconnect at a particular location and he figured that there was a mobile tower nearby.

If someone wants to give it a shot, here is the amazon link
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0CNPHRL1N?...p_mob_ap_share

Please note that I'm not associated with Amazon or the product and just sharing info for general benefit.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 23rd March 2024 at 13:00.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 00:50   #2055
BHPian

Quote:

https://update.kia.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/z5ckII
Completely agree that it's the biggest gripe in an otherwise excellent infotainment system but I doubt they'll get the wireless AA / CP update here.
In any case people like aviator_guy, myself and many others have already chosen to opt for alternatives like carlinkit / autokit. You should also try it as it works flawlessly. I'll be sharing a detailed review shortly on this one but the preliminary experience is outstanding with quick connectivity (as mentioned by aviator_guy) and butter smooth on-screen animations.
Incase you want to buy it directly from the main source, you can try this link.
https://carlinkitcarplay.com/
I've ordered it from here and its reliable. Although it takes more time vs amazon (10-12 days) but its cheaper by atleast 20% (I'm not associated with carplay).

Last edited by TorkBHP : 24th March 2024 at 00:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks