Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:37   #316
BHPian

Challenges still

I think times will tell on the success of this car. No car is perfect in all respects and there are always trade-offs that please some and hurt some. A car crazy colleague of mine despite being convinced that Punto is a great car till late last night somehow prefers to the i10 this morning due to better service. So, it takes a long time to shatter images and that is the biggest challenge for FIAT in India. Punto is a great car, no doubt, but FIAT will have to put double efforts on A.S.S to prove their commitment. Being a "Palio 1.6 head" myself, I just wish the car does well. I saw the car n the showroom last evening and it absolutley rocks on many aspects.Definetely, I rate FIAT A.S.S much better now ( from my 2 year ownership experience ) and hope they improve further.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:04   #317

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations! What variant & colour? I hope a detailed ownership review is on the cards.

I booked the GP 1.3 MJD Emotion PK, Minimal Grey. Am expecting delivery in about 2-3 weeks time. My husband really liked the Red and Black, but I thought the Minimal Grey was very elegant and corporate-ish.

Really loved the test drive, the pricing was spot-on, so it was a no-brainer decision to just buy it.

*I have simple tastes. I am easily satisfied by the best*
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:22   #318
Senior - BHPian

So we can expect a great review here
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:23   #319
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
I see this Chevy SRV near to HSR BDA most of hte times, it looks bloody hautt and i would never stop staring at it. it is a black car with dark tints, smoked tail lamps and black alloys. That is when i got the idea of making a black punto to look hautter infront of it in similar way

With everything black it looks OK. But the other day, I saw a red ANHC with black alloys, somehow it looks gaudy like a joker in a red dress with black shoes.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:53   #320
BHPian

Is it possible to load Linea MJD's ecu map into the Punto's MJD ecu? and also at the FIAT workshop? that will be awesome if possible.

Last edited by theMAG : 23rd June 2009 at 16:03. Reason: Entire posts in bold letters reduce readability
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:20   #321
BHPian

Both have different turbos, so better talk to Pete's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgoel View Post
Is it possible to load Linea MJD's ecu map into the Punto's MJD ecu? and also at the FIAT workshop? that will be awesome if possible.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:24   #322
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Linea has a variable geometry turbo.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:06   #323
BHPian

Went for having a test drive today to VST anna nagar chennai but sadly they didnt have the car for test drive due to some RTO registration issues
(supposedly it is the same reason as to why it will take another week for the deliveries of all cars to start( the RTOs sucks!) and they neither had the RED color nor emotion pack on display so finally ended up looking at the black punto and driving the emotion pack in Linea.
But anyways going to book a red emotion pack tomorrow morning.yeppy i am excited.

PS:
My parents liked the car but I managed to convince them because it was sold from tata showroom would u believe it? Tata brand does add to the confidence of my parents on buying it(they wouldn't have agreed on the car if it was sold through fiat showrooms!)
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:18   #324
Senior - BHPian

Can we take a count of how many BHPians have booked it so far? 5/10/15 or more?
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:40   #325
Senior - BHPian

can someone explain the difference in prices of punto active and punto dynamic

active 4,88,309
dynamic 5,19,315

difference = 31,006 Rs

the only difference i found were
1)central locking
2)rear power windows
3) fabric insert on door
4)light dimming in instrument cluster

Is the price difference of 31K justified for the features mentioned ? or am i missing something here?
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:41   #326
BHPian

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on Team BHP. :-) However, I have been following all the Punto threads for quite a while now.

I have checked out the Punto at BU Bhandari in Pune, (the showroom at pashan) however was not allowed a test drive. The sales guy said it would be two more weeks until they get a TD vehicle!!! Has anyone been able to get a TD in Pune?

I had decided to go in for the top of the line quadrajet (vista) but im so glad I actually waited. I'm surely going to book a Punto now, just waiting for a proper TD. Will most probably go in for the medium gray.

Lastly, someone already asked this in an earlier post but i could not find an answer. How long should one wait before pete'ing a MJD? Is it advisable to wait for the run-in period?

Last edited by Crimson : 23rd June 2009 at 17:53. Reason: language typo
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:45   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Both have different turbos, so better talk to Pete's.
Not the Linea's map but custom maps are available. This is a very common mod lots of users in South America have already done. Of course the Fiat workshop will not do it.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:59   #328
BHPian

Thanks GTO for the review, I have also booked the Diesel Emotion Pack (electric blue) through company leased plan. The delivery will be by the month end as they do not have the blue color yet with them and the dealer told me that the car will be dispatched in couple of days. Supposed to be the first blue punto booked in Bangalore.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:07   #329
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
active 4,88,309
dynamic 5,19,315
difference = 31,006 Rs
Just a thought!

Are you comparing the 1.2 Active and the 1.4 Dynamic?
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:11   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
can someone explain the difference in prices of punto active and punto dynamic

active 4,88,309
dynamic 5,19,315

difference = 31,006 Rs

the only difference i found were
1)central locking
2)rear power windows
3) fabric insert on door
4)light dimming in instrument cluster

Is the price difference of 31K justified for the features mentioned ? or am i missing something here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Just a thought!

Are you comparing the 1.2 Active and the 1.4 Dynamic?
Its the MJD (same engine) 1.3 diesel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks