Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 15:37   #451
BHPian

Sorry for the

The i20 CRDi will be launched next week and it is said to be 90bhp as per hte hyundai sales guy that i know.

So now i have just postponed the booking for "Punto MJD Emotion+" for one more week.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:53   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I have read a lot of posts by people saying that the Punto MJD is underpowered. Then someone comes in and says that you can pete the car and get 90bhp which will give good performance. In response, people promptly then ask about how much lower the mileage will go!
Actually, i would like to know the reduction (if any) on Punto's FE after pete.
Old 30th June 2009, 16:17   #453
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Why do you want to pete the Punto?
Old 30th June 2009, 16:37   #454
BHPian

why not???

some extra bhp to play around with.... i guess
Old 30th June 2009, 16:37   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar;

Second table I thought was interesting. As you can see, as you go up each variant, Fiat demands a higher premium in the petrol version compared to its diesel counterparts. For eg : Punto Emotion Pk Petrol demands a 40.15% premium over Active, 20.19% premium over Dynamic and 10.77% premium over Emotion. Whereas Punto Emotion Pk Diesel demands a 25.74% premium over Active, 18.25% premium over Dynamic and 9.81% premium over Emotion. I guess that is largely because of the fact that majority sales will come from Diesel and Fiat can improve margins due to economies of scale.

Hope you like the work

Amogh

Wow Amogh,

This is fantastic observation. Applaud the efforts you made to put this together. Quite insightful. I am glad I booked a Diesel Emotion pack.

By the way whats the status of your GP delivery? anytime soon? mine would be on 11th.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 30th June 2009 at 19:51. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 30th June 2009, 16:43   #456
Senior - BHPian

May be i am asking a stupid questions

What is Pete's Box ? Why does one need to connect it to a new car ?
Old 30th June 2009, 18:15   #457
BHPian

Just did some analysis of the legroom available in some popular hatchbacks. Please check attachment. Following are the findings w.r.t. Punto:
1) Punto’s front seat legroom is the highest among all cars.
2) As a result of more than usual front seat travel in the Punto, the minimum legroom in the rear appears to be relatively less.
3) If we compare the average front and rear legroom, we can see that Punto has the best in class front legroom and the rear legroom in proportion is not bad either.
4) Total of front and rear legroom gives us a fair idea of the total legroom available in the car and this legroom can be split between the front and rear as per ones own liking by shifting of the front seat. Punto only lags behind the Vista here.
5) Vista has the best overall legroom and i20 the least. Punto slots in between just a notch above the Swift.

P.S. Didn't have specs for Fabia otherwise would have compared with it as well.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Legroom.xls (17.0 KB, 530 views)
Old 30th June 2009, 18:16   #458
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
May be i am asking a stupid questions

What is Pete's Box ? Why does one need to connect it to a new car ?
Please search within the forum.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:07   #459
BHPian

A few hours back I drove into the Fiat workshop here in Hyderabad to fix the bumper of my Palio MJD. It suffered a crack due to an onslaught by an autorickshaw. Need to replace the rear bumper. Will wait for a couple of days as the insurance cover is ending in another two days. Will get it renewed and then ask for the repair charges.
I happened to see the GP parked there. Sat inside. What was striking to me after alighting from Palio was that GP looked much smaller in the inside. The front seats are spacious, no doubt; but overall the interior, including the boot, seemed smaller in comparison.
It, indeed, had that legendary solid feeling about it. Doors looked solid and shut with reassurance. Couldn't drive the car.
While there, I was told that the A/C condensers in some Lineas go kaput and Fiat has instructed free replacement. Looks like there is some problem in there. I remember Cialo cars, in the early days, too had such problem.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:36   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Second table I thought was interesting. As you can see, as you go up each variant, Fiat demands a higher premium in the petrol version compared to its diesel counterparts. For eg : Punto Emotion Pk Petrol demands a 40.15% premium over Active, 20.19% premium over Dynamic and 10.77% premium over Emotion. Whereas Punto Emotion Pk Diesel demands a 25.74% premium over Active, 18.25% premium over Dynamic and 9.81% premium over Emotion. I guess that is largely because of the fact that majority sales will come from Diesel and Fiat can improve margins due to economies of scale.

Hope you like the work

Amogh
Nice work Amogh!

The reason for your second observation is simple. It has got nothing to do with diesel having more demand. Upgrading to next variant has a fixed cost, which is independent of the engine it has, so the difference between variants remains same across petrol and diesel models.

e.g:
adding alloy wheels, airbags, Blue&Me etc is going to cost same for both petrol and diesel.

Since diesel has higher base price, the relative difference between each variants will be less for diesel models.

Hope that is clear
Old 30th June 2009, 19:52   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Nice work Amogh!

The reason for your second observation is simple. It has got nothing to do with diesel having more demand. Upgrading to next variant has a fixed cost, which is independent of the engine it has, so the difference between variants remains same across petrol and diesel models.

e.g:
adding alloy wheels, airbags, Blue&Me etc is going to cost same for both petrol and diesel.

Since diesel has higher base price, the relative difference between each variants will be less for diesel models.

Hope that is clear
Active Petrol variant is not 90 BHP engine, it is 68 BHP. If we consider this fact then it should be matching with Diesel premium percentages.
-BSR
Old 30th June 2009, 19:52   #462
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I have read a lot of posts by people saying that the Punto MJD is underpowered. Then someone comes in and says that you can pete the car and get 90bhp which will give good performance. In response, people promptly then ask about how much lower the mileage will go!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Why do you want to pete the Punto?
Quote:
why not???

some extra bhp to play around with.... i guess
Hmmm. Is there a pattern here?
You expect that with Pete, Punto gives you much more power (90BHP) & the reduction in mileage should be minimal, right?
Old 30th June 2009, 19:59   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
Active Petrol variant is not 90 BHP engine, it is 68 BHP. If we consider this fact then it should be matching with Diesel premium percentages.
-BSR
you are right, but since we do not have active with 1.4 petrol, it won't be fair to compare active vs other variants. The comparison between variants should happen keeping the engine constant. Also the 1.2 has excise benefit which is missing for 1.4 P. So we can only compare dynamic/emotion/emotion pk variants.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:20   #464
Senior - BHPian

All this hoopla about the fiat letting the front seat come back too much is just a load of nonsense. The car is cramped. Period!

I sat in the rear seat, with an average sized driver driving it, and it was terribly cramped. The all black interiors add to the gloomy feeling too.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:34   #465
BHPian

@amogh: nice work, but you should have only considered price difference to upgrade to higher variant. that way, it is same for either petrol or diesel. When base price for petrol is lesser than diesel, the percentage increase is going to be higher for petrol than diesel.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks