Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 22:44   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Check out the australian version of the Punto. Actually, they have carbon fibre finish for the central grey piece that you see in the picture. From the cars I checked out in a showroom here. I had half mind to buy and get it down for my Punto, but the part would be horrendously expensive and here is the deal breaker - It wouldn't fit. Ours is probably an older version of the Punto. Why do I feel that I am shortchanged?

I wanted that p symbol on the left, cost 50 odd AUS dollars and not in stock.
The interiors are just WOW! The color combination is just awesome. We should atleast get these interiors on top-end version.
Old 17th October 2009, 23:14   #1202
BHPian

And what about the prices?? How do you expect FIAT to do a Fabia or a i20 for a Swift price?? FIAT had to make a COMEBACK with this car. Its not like FIAT is a Maruti or Hyundai or Honda and people will buy punto at any price.

WE GET WHAT WE PAY FOR. period.
Old 17th October 2009, 23:43   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
And what about the prices?? How do you expect FIAT to do a Fabia or a i20 for a Swift price?? FIAT had to make a COMEBACK with this car. Its not like FIAT is a Maruti or Hyundai or Honda and people will buy punto at any price.

WE GET WHAT WE PAY FOR. period.
Would it really be that expensive to provide a higher/better trim level at least in the top most variant that could be priced higher? They can always increase the number of units produced in that variant based on the market reaction, right? At least customers will be given a choice to choose to pay for what they want?

There are some of us who have ruled out Punto/Linea just for that horrible looking uneven gaps and plastic quality in the interiors. We spend most of the time inside the car, for heavensake. While the onlookers seem to be in admiration, owners are sulking inside ;-)
Old 18th October 2009, 13:27   #1204
BHPian

@anonymous..

I feel your statements are a bit overstretched. Being a Punto owner myself, I never felt sulked sitting inside. Yeah, as you said, the interior fit and finish may not be great, but it's not that it will fall when on the move, it holds up pretty well, and the panel gaps doesn't bother you much when you get used to it, the interiors are pretty impressive though may not be revolutionary. The Punto is a very competitive car and offers you goods for what you pay, if not more.
Old 18th October 2009, 14:22   #1205
~~h
BHPian

what I saw in my brother's car in fist 2 week of ownership.

The rubber sheathe covering the internal mirror adj. came off the very day we bought it.

When you open the rear doors, there is a rubber bushe on which the door closes; came of while washing the car.

But apparently, the sturdiness and wonderful dynamics of the car makes you forget all those..

PS: I read somewhere that FIAT is blaming TATA suppliers' for the low quality stuff, Any news on moving to quality vendors ?
Old 18th October 2009, 19:03   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
@anonymous..

I feel your statements are a bit overstretched. Being a Punto owner myself, I never felt sulked sitting inside. Yeah, as you said, the interior fit and finish may not be great, but it's not that it will fall when on the move, it holds up pretty well, and the panel gaps doesn't bother you much when you get used to it, the interiors are pretty impressive though may not be revolutionary. The Punto is a very competitive car and offers you goods for what you pay, if not more.
Sorry friend, I didn't mean to offend the owners. I meant to highlight the huge contrast between the exterior and the interior. No doubt, the exterior is ravishing. Regarding the interior poor quality, for example, the plastics and finishing around the ignition key area is simply unacceptable for the car placed at "premium hatchback" segment, but that's just me.

Enjoy your car, I know it is worth every penny!
Old 21st October 2009, 14:58   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Found this spares part comparison chart on the internet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf puntospare.pdf (473.1 KB, 592 views)
Old 21st October 2009, 20:45   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Found this spares part comparison chart on the internet.
Well cheap spares is good, but how quickly and easily are the spares available thats a much bigger question. Its been a month and my Punto is getting dust in the service center for spares to arrive before the service center can fix the car. I do appreciate that FIAT is trying to turn around there fortunes by selling cars which are loaded with stuff and are cheap in comparison to the competition, but if they can not provide spares publishing these matrix on cost of ownership have no real value.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:29   #1209
Senior - BHPian

I got my Punto few days back , will be posting my buying experience soon.

I am trying to play music from USB drive, the music always seem to be in random order and it plays the same song twice every time. I am sure i am missing something here.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:37   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Congrats SE! Looking forward to your thread with plenty of pics!
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:34   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post

Congrats SE. I am trying to play music from USB drive, the music always seem to be in random order and it plays the same song twice every time. I am sure i am missing something here.
You can select play by folder, album, artist or genre. All these can be selected through the Blue&Me menu selected through steering controls. You need to select Loop Off to continue.
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:48   #1212
BHPian

Guys i just want to know , is the interior plastic quality of Punto Dynamic & Emotion is much superior than what we get with Active. My friend owns a Active & the Interior plastics are not so impressive. However I was looking at a Dynamic Version. I felt it much better than active.
is it just a feeling i got as D & E comes with the metal finish & Line on the facia or fis it or real ??

Last edited by motor spirit : 22nd October 2009 at 13:49.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:46   #1213

Even I felt the same that there is slight difference in the quality of the plastic between Active and the Emotion version. Have not got a chance to check the Dynamic variant. By the way, I have booked 1.4 Emotion black colour. They got me the car today and did a PDI (Team BHP PDI check list helped a lot) and paid the full amount. It should go for registration by Saturday. Just waiting to get my black beauty. Plastic quality was decent in that particular car.
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:41   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Congrats SE! Looking forward to your thread with plenty of pics!
Thanks! I am yet to take any proper pics. So you will have to wait for the photo session to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
You can select play by folder, album, artist or genre. All these can be selected through the Blue&Me menu selected through steering controls. You need to select Loop Off to continue.
Thanks, i will try that.
Old 23rd October 2009, 06:45   #1215
BHPian

We just bought a new Red Punto MJD E+. I have a few questions.

I'm hearing some rattling noises inside the car. I'm pretty sure it's of our rear seats. I can probably get it fixed at the first service.

We also had JBL Oval Speakers (400 W) fitted at the back. Should we also change our component speakers & tweeters to enhance quality & more importantly the bass?

We decided against the speaker plywood. Should we go for it to reduce the vibration & rattling sounds?

The Punto has done over 600 Kms so far, is it advisable to change the engine oil after 1000 KM? If so can i go for Mobil 1 instead of Selenia? I think we have a very good Mobil 1 service center here in Hyderabad.

Finally the Punto is a very underpowered car. It takes ages to even overtake an auto, should i wait till the end of the run in period before i Pete the darn thing? If not when (mileage) is it advisable to Pete a Punto?

Most Viewed