Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 18:29   #1336
Senior - BHPian

It's the load of Tata cars that's affecting Fiat service. Even here Concorde is blaming the closure of Manipal motors on the heavy load. In fact when they book the service, they give the date first and ask for the variant of the car right at the end. So it's irrespective of whether a Fiat or Tata you have.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 7th December 2009 at 18:31.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:35   #1337
Senior - BHPian

check this out, hope it is not affected in the India models.

Fiat recalls 500,000 Grande Punto vehicles
Old 7th December 2009, 18:42   #1338
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I got a mileage of 23 ( 4.3l /100 )
sdp1975: You can change the setting of units in MID to km/l instead of the default unit of l/100km, if you desire so.

Old 7th December 2009, 21:27   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

Well I think not such incidents have reported yet, and may hope it won't happen in Indian GPs. We should appreciate Fiat for calling back that much number of cars
Old 7th December 2009, 21:39   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

Is this recall applicable to Indian market? Has anybody here got a letter for recall? Anymore information would be welcome.
Old 8th December 2009, 11:47   #1341
BHPian

Is there any improvement in the FE after the first service (3000) or first detailed service ( 15k, if any body has already clocked that much) for 1.4 Petrol?
Old 8th December 2009, 14:06   #1342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paritosh2k View Post
Is there any improvement in the FE after the first service (3000) or first detailed service ( 15k, if any body has already clocked that much) for 1.4 Petrol?
Don't know about the petrol version but with the diesel i did not much change in FE but the refinement has gone through a drastic change.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:28   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

Besides, right now they also have the rush of Punto's & Linea's being recalled for clutch slave cylinder replacement.
Quote:
Thanks for the info Amogh.
Since i read your post on the Clutch slave cylinder replacement, i am keen to get my car serviced earlier.

I am not sure if its related, but recently the clutch when released gives a subtle spring noise. Its one of those noises when you sit and get up on on a tightly wound spring of a sofa or a bed.
I noticed this problem on my GP the day I took delivery of it. It was promptly taken back the next day and resolved. Took almost an hour or so to sort it out.

However, last week the same noise creeped up and dissappeared again. Not sure, the Service centre guys did replace something or just repair it.

Time to pay them another visit. :(
Old 8th December 2009, 15:38   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Well I will be covering 5,000 kms in some time now, and since delivery, after odd 1,500 - 2,000 kms i felt the engine free up.
But as for the FE; since delivery, hardly any change.

but yesterday, i made a return trip to pune, for the first time, while going she gave me 16.8 km/l. otherwise, the figure had hovered around the 14.5 km/l mark in my past 5 trips up (up hill as you go higher climbing the higher flat land).

This trip as usual, with ac speed maintained was between 80 - 100 km/h. But twice, did a 140 - 160 km/h sprint just to hear the engine feel alive .
Tried keeping the I/C figures around 18km/l mark when possible.
Another thing was since the expressway started, I never down shifted from 5th gear other than at the toll naka's. (faced no traffic). Which i feel was a role in returning a better FE than before. (Hope this helps).

My next task will be attaining the 17km/l mark going to pune, which i feel is not impossible in my FIRE GP.

And coming back to mumbai, was around 16.8 km/l as earlier trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
I noticed this problem on my GP the day I took delivery of it. It was promptly taken back the next day and resolved. Took almost an hour or so to sort it out.

However, last week the same noise creeped up and dissappeared again. Not sure, the Service centre guys did replace something or just repair it.

Its the clutch spring, I still have that sound coming.. making a visit soon. with some other repairs on the list..

I read in some other punto thread about the steering rod movement felt when clutching; so I want to let others know, you will feel the movement only when you use the clutch using your "heel".
Hope the pic helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc03439.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-copy-dsc03442.jpg  

Old 8th December 2009, 16:10   #1345
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post

Hello Guys,
I am also experiencing the same squeak from the clutch pedal. It starts after running a few kilometers. Should I get the clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty?
Till now I have been using my car ignoring the noise.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:35   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Hello Guys,
I am also experiencing the same squeak from the clutch pedal. It starts after running a few kilometers. Should I get the clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty?
Till now I have been using my car ignoring the noise.
Fellow Punter, its just the spring.

If and unless you have a hydraulic problem you dont need to touch the cylinder.

I guess the SC will simply lubricate/replace the spring.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:27   #1347
BHPian

I have got a 18 FE on Pune (Baner) - Mum ( till Ghatkopar Exit) which is about 125 Kms of stretch. Though i have not really stretched beyond 100Km on speedo. The car and road were begging me to push but the insta consumption on MID was really a eye opener while speeding.

the remaining 20 kms to reach powai brought down the FE to almost 16.

On return trip, i ignored the MID and hit upto 120 and still got i think about 16.5 . Though this time the mumbai traffic was absent early morning.

I have not yet reset the trip A and it gives a FE of 12. ( i.e across 2.6K)
Old 9th December 2009, 08:55   #1348
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Fellow Punter, its just the spring.

If and unless you have a hydraulic problem you dont need to touch the cylinder.

I guess the SC will simply lubricate/replace the spring.
Oh ok. I will get the spring oiled/replaced during first service.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:40   #1349
Senior - BHPian

i got my first service done at prerana motors hosur road.
very happy with their service.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:47   #1350

For someone who has never driven a car before and knows absolutely nothing about them, would a Punto be a good buy?

I'm totally in love with the car but not sure whether it's the right car for me cos have never really driven before. While everyone says it's a great car, my usage is only city driving and <500 km a month.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks