Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 21:46   #2086
Senior - BHPian

@turboindia

Would you be kind enough to let us "lesser mortals" know how the Pete's Box performed on the Punto 1.3 MJD ?? Your input will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 28th May 2010 at 21:48.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:08   #2087
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance , but is it possible to turn OFF the passenger-side airbag in GP, like one can do in i20? I've been researching about these 2 cars.

For those who might wonder why on earth one should go for a car with SRS only to turn it off, the answer is, some of my possible "co-drivers" may not be strong enough to withstand a hit from an inflating airbag. I understand the GP has dual-stage airbags but still...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 29th May 2010 at 16:19.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:10   #2088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Pardon my ignorance , but is it possible to turn OFF the passenger-side airbag in GP, like one can do in i20?
Yes, the passenger side Airbag can be switched off in Fiat Punto.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:24   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Yes, the passenger side Airbag can be switched off in Fiat Punto.

Cool...thanks (dot)anshuman. I guess time is getting ripe to decide between minimal gray and FT Azure
Old 29th May 2010, 16:30   #2090
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ My Punto MJD has crossed 20k mark and i am driving a Friend's 2010 White Punto done 9k, Punto is no doubt a wonderful car. You won't regret the decision.

Buy the Punto only if you can live with sub-standard Tata Service stations.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:35   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My current ride is an Indica V2, (so far a very trustful "family member"), so this is an issue that I am a bit familiar with.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 29th May 2010 at 16:36.
Old 29th May 2010, 17:21   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
^^ My Punto MJD has crossed 20k mark and i am driving a Friend's 2010 White Punto done 9k, Punto is no doubt a wonderful car. You won't regret the decision.

I'm nearing 18K (17800 to be exact). I might cross the 30K mark before Oct (the month that i bought it).

I'm a very happy customer btw. The Tata-FIAT has its downsides, but i think they've done a fair job. Considering their prices of spares and servicing, i couldn't be happier (especially after what we've experienced with our Octavia).
Old 29th May 2010, 18:24   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Pardon my ignorance , but is it possible to turn OFF the passenger-side airbag in GP, like one can do in i20? I've been researching about these 2 cars.

For those who might wonder why on earth one should go for a car with SRS only to turn it off, the answer is, some of my possible "co-drivers" may not be strong enough to withstand a hit from an inflating airbag. I understand the GP has dual-stage airbags but still...
Yes you can, and yes passenger air bag shouldn't be activated when you have a front seat child passenger. So obviously you need a car where an airbag can be switched on and off depending on who occupies the front passenger seat. So mate your concern is correct.
Old 29th May 2010, 23:22   #2094
Senior - BHPian

I had plugged in my ipod into the usb and now everytime, the fm/media player starts up when i start the car. I have disable autoturnon to off under settings/mediaplayer but to no avail. Pls help
Old 30th May 2010, 00:50   #2095
BHPian

Speacker change

Hi Everyone,

I would like to change OEM speaker in my punto. Guys please suggest which one would be best without voiding car warranty. My budget is 5 to 7K.

Thanks
Old 30th May 2010, 12:37   #2096
BHPian

coolkurt. In settings, delete all user data and then select autoplay on. You will have to pair your mobile again.
Old 30th May 2010, 16:24   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Yes you can, and yes passenger air bag shouldn't be activated when you have a front seat child passenger. So obviously you need a car where an airbag can be switched on and off depending on who occupies the front passenger seat. So mate your concern is correct.
While the concern to switch of airbags is correct, I strictly dont allow children in the front. Not even my own kid when its just the two of us riding the car. I think its a very safe practice and for our own children suggest everyone to follow it.

Kids take some time to adjust to that but eventually, they will. Initially, if it means to have your spouse or family member travel behind with them, so be it. Give them the incentives that they have the entire sofa (backseat) to themselves, a fluffy pillow to lie down etc.

Now its standard for my kid to sit behind all alone without any fuss.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:29   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Do you get this "krr" noise when you speed up? I mean when you are picking up speed, going past 1500 rpm? I get somewhat similar sound in my car when picking up speed rapidly - I mean in the 2nd or 3rd gears. My car has done 11500 kms (she's 5 months old as of today).

And, can you please elaborate the AC noise? Is it like the engine revving up, or too much of noise from the Blower? (Out of curiosity).
Hello binaiks, I get this noise when picking up speed, usually lower gears. And about the AC noise, its not the engine revving up nor the blower. When the engine is idling, and I switch on the AC at fan speed of 1, there is a sounds as if the engine Fan is on (or something like that). But I'm almost getting used to it.
Old 1st June 2010, 08:25   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
coolkurt. In settings, delete all user data and then select autoplay on. You will have to pair your mobile again.
I deleted all user data but I still can't turn autoplay off. Any solution? Do i have to let the tuner be on when i select settings/media player/autoplay off or do i need to switch it off? Stupid of fiat to enable autoplay everytime u insert a usb. Pls help!
Old 1st June 2010, 20:51   #2100
Senior - BHPian

This time, an emotion (not pack) in tuscan wine.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc04854.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc04855.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks