Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 00:01   #2116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
15K, it turned out. I missed the Gift by just TWO days. Bad news indeed.

But there's some good news also; made a booking for a Medium Grey MJD EP in this evening.
Congrats. I initially booked Medium Grey but somehow Minimal Grey attracted me more after saw it in flesh.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:25   #2117
BHPian

@coolkurt. Can you explain your problem clearly. I read your posts and was confused whether you wanted autoplay on or off.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:34   #2118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
@coolkurt. Can you explain your problem clearly. I read your posts and was confused whether you wanted autoplay on or off.
Hi NutsNBolts

I connected my ipod to the player once through the usb slot. After that I stopped using the usb slot in the dash. However, now everytime I start the car, the music player starts automatically. It starts the media player, and when it finds nothing connected through the usb slot, it switches to the tuner. ie...basically autoplay is turned ON.

I tried switching Autoplay OFF from the 'settings/media player/autoplay' menu but its not working. Somebody advised me to 'delete all user data' and I did that too, and then tried to switch off autoplay again, but to no avail.

I want to turn autoplay off. I don't mind it, but my dad finds it irritating when he drives the punto, and it blows into another one of those " I told you not to buy a FIAT" arguments :P

please help
Old 5th June 2010, 12:45   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Hi NutsNBolts

I connected my ipod to the player once through the usb slot. After that I stopped using the usb slot in the dash. However, now everytime I start the car, the music player starts automatically. It starts the media player, and when it finds nothing connected through the usb slot, it switches to the tuner. ie...basically autoplay is turned ON.

I tried switching Autoplay OFF from the 'settings/media player/autoplay' menu but its not working. Somebody advised me to 'delete all user data' and I did that too, and then tried to switch off autoplay again, but to no avail.

I want to turn autoplay off. I don't mind it, but my dad finds it irritating when he drives the punto, and it blows into another one of those " I told you not to buy a FIAT" arguments :P

please help
Hi,

I suggest to try this exercise, i don't know exactly it work's or not, Connect same ipod again, with that try turn autoplay off in the settings then remove ipod, switch of the system & ON again.
Old 5th June 2010, 20:51   #2120
BHPian

@coolkurt. subbarao seems to be right. Here is a note mentioned in the B&Me manual

Note:
If you change the Autoplay settings after connecting the USB device, new setting will be activated the next time you connect a different USB device (or the same USB device with updated track library).

So you might need to connect your ipod again and change the Autoplay to off.
Old 6th June 2010, 20:04   #2121
BHPian

Finally my MJD Emotion pack is arriving. I have been delaying this decision for quite some time, then thought of getting a used SX4 and almost finalised on a silver ZXI from Mandovi truevalue. On the same day punto has disturbed my sleep. Though the killer road tax in Bangalore was pushing me back, I thought of taking another test drive. Took the test drive both petrol and diesel, though I wanted to buy the petrol looking at the FE and City drivability decided to go ahead with Diesel, yes it was stretch of my budget. Tough decision was the choice of the color as I have liked all colors on Punto except the blue. Finally settled for a silver against the Bossa Nova white as the waiting period was more than 3 weeks. Getting the minimal grey MJD E+ on 12th. Yes I'm paying at least 80K more than I was suppose to due to the killer taxes here in Bangalore (15.4% :(). But finally I have decided to go by heart.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:24   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Tough decision was the choice of the color as I have liked all colors on Punto except the blue.
(I think you are talking about the new premium shade, FT Azure) Totally agree, this feminine shade spoils the aggressive lines and stance of the car.

Just my opinion, no offences please from the concerned parties.

I am getting one SMS per day from (supposedly) Tata motors; let me copy/paste the text:

"
AD-TML
Exchange your existing car for the all new Indigo MANZA & avail Rs 10000 exchange benefit. SMS "Exchange" to....."

- The Punto is displayed next to a Manza
- The salesmen subtly (certainly not overtly) reminded all of us that the top variant of Manza costs Rs 5K or so than a GP EP.

Add the SMS campaign with the two factors above, and what you'll see is an unethical partner, certainly not the TATA way of doing business.
Old 6th June 2010, 22:56   #2123
BHPian

A little OT here, way off-topic to what's being discussed actually, sorry folks. Just wondering, how can scratches off a punto's bumper be removed? is this even possible?

Have a 1 inch dark black scratch on the left hand side of my car's bumper thanks to a crazy two wheeler who tried to cut across from the left between my car and the one ahead!! sometimes, i really wish i was driving a lorry!!

also, my punto's due for it's first service in a few days, the exterior body surface has developed visible swirls from washing, mine being a BN White, those scratches/swirls are very evident during the day! Has anybody used 3M's paint protection treatments? (UV & Swirl removal)

I am seriously considering getting them done, any reviews/suggestions?
Old 6th June 2010, 23:10   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Just wondering, how can scratches off a punto's bumper be removed?
The only option is getting some touch up paint on the scratches, thats what i got done when my GP's bumper was scratched by a cop's bike (this fellow was driving in the wrong direction on the main road )

For the swirls, the best thing is to get the car polished once every three months.
Old 6th June 2010, 23:13   #2125
Senior - BHPian

@raamki: Why let someone wash it in improper way and then think about applying protective coatings? The car's paint won't have visible swirls if some care was given during washing. You let someone wash the car or you do it yourself?

About the dark scratch: Is it a scratch or the bike's plastic / rubber rubbed on the bumper?
Old 6th June 2010, 23:35   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
my GP's bumper was scratched by a cop's bike (this fellow was driving in the wrong direction on the main road )

For the swirls, the best thing is to get the car polished once every three months.
classic!! can imagine what you must have felt at that exact moment! were you brave enough to give him a piece of your mind??

Yep, i did get a full body waxoyl last month!! not really sure how those swirls came back in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@raamki: Why let someone wash it in improper way and then think about applying protective coatings? The car's paint won't have visible swirls if some care was given during washing. You let someone wash the car or you do it yourself?
I do not wash the car bro, it is washed every alternate day by an ex-ford car polisher who now washes cars for a living. He is very gentle with the car and washes with utmost care using a very very soft cotton cloth and sponge. I guess it's the paint, almost every other punto i see in the service bay when i visit Corcorde has severe swirl marks. The same guy's been washing my dad's fiesta for sometime, except the black area around the window panels, the paint has no signs of any swirls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
About the dark scratch: Is it a scratch or the bike's plastic / rubber rubbed on the bumper?
There are 2 scratches, one from the rubber foot rest of the bike (dirty looking one) towards the bottom on the left, and another deep scratch a couple feet above.
Old 7th June 2010, 06:29   #2127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Try using the voice command option to switch it to CD or Tuner. It works!
Old 7th June 2010, 12:03   #2128
Senior - BHPian

Guys, FIAT seems to be taking the task of improving its A.S.S pretty seriously. A bit more seriously than needed. Got call for the feedback on the servicing which is YET TO BE DONE.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:55   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Guys, FIAT seems to be taking the task of improving its A.S.S pretty seriously. A bit more seriously than needed. Got call for the feedback on the servicing which is YET TO BE DONE.
LOL..This is really hilarious
Guys, Any news about the Punto Sportz ??
Old 7th June 2010, 19:21   #2130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
The process of taking feedback from Fiat and its dealerships has become very annoying for me. I get a call from the dealership after every visit to workshop, i get a call again from a different person from the same place to confirm the same feedback again after 1-2days, then i get a call from Fiat to rate the experience.

If i rate the experience bad the chain reaction of annoying calls starts from the dealership with different person calling everytime unaware of the real issue asking 'Saar Kya ho gaya??'. Off lately this process has become so annoying that i have put the dealership's numbers on automatic call reject on my phone.

To add icing to the cake, i once enquired about a Linea for my cousin from the same dealership months ago. Now i get call from the sales department every fortnight saying 'Saar, you wanted to buy a Linea' even after informing them again and again that my cousin has already bought the car from some other dealer. Result: Even the sales department is on automatic call reject.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks