Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 18:51   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

one of my friends advised this problem which he had faced in his new punto 1.2 Active! He has not faced same or any other problem after that.

Quote:
New punto, 15 days old goes to ooty. The car delivers no power suddenly. The temp guage is normal but no power even at full throttle and the car stalls midway on the hill climb. After ten mins of halt car works fine.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by recshenoy : 21st May 2010 at 18:52.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:06   #2012
Senior - BHPian

fiat punto in tuscan wine
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc04725.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc04726.jpg  

Old 21st May 2010, 20:18   #2013
Senior - BHPian

^^ Is the Tuscan Wine colour the same as the one on the Indigo visible in the background in the first picture?
Old 21st May 2010, 20:23   #2014
Team-BHP Support

im joining the punto club getting a medium grey 1.3 emotion pack on monday.

right now all im doing is getting some art leather seat covers, and tints all around. and probably changing to yoko v550s.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:45   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I dont think tuscan wine looks any better than the electric blue they discontinued. Thou the fox trot azure looks descent but it is much better on the Linea.

Fiat does some crazy things at times. I hope they bring back the electric blue, else they will surely miss customers who soley want to buy a car thats just is Blue, like me.

When they provide Blue & Me they should also have a Blue colored car in the offerings. Just for the heck of it Fiat are you listening.

Look at the pic, the silver grills and lights go great together with the Electric Blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00005.jpg  

Old 21st May 2010, 21:11   #2016
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I did check out the Punto 1.2 today:

Not bad, a pretty decent car for a hatch and though engine is not as responsive unless flogged.

But once it moves, it is not so bad. If one is not very enthutiastic then guess its s a very decent package!

The 1.4 was a joy to drive. But it lacks serious low end grunt and is a hoot to floor. Infact the RPM went close to 6.5K of the 7k marked, not once but 3 times during my TD.

Should make an excellent car for the track!
Old 21st May 2010, 21:21   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Guys, I did check out the Punto 1.2 today:

Not bad, a pretty decent car for a hatch and though engine is not as responsive unless flogged.

But once it moves, it is not so bad. If one is not very enthutiastic then guess its s a very decent package!

The 1.4 was a joy to drive. But it lacks serious low end grunt and is a hoot to floor. Infact the RPM went close to 6.5K of the 7k marked, not once but 3 times during my TD.

Should make an excellent car for the track!
Thats the 1.4 FIRE alright.. the engine sounds exciting also!

Imagine the tjet in the punto? its gonna be the fastest FIAT (again in its category after the 1.6 palio) on indian roads!
Old 21st May 2010, 21:24   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Thats the 1.4 FIRE alright.. the engine sounds exciting also!

Imagine the tjet in the punto? its gonna be the fastest FIAT (again in its category after the 1.6 palio) on indian roads!
Whats tjet in the punto? I'm lost here!
Old 21st May 2010, 21:45   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
Hi Guys,

I've finished about 1500kms on my Fiat Punto Diesel Active variant. Recently I noticed that at around 1500rpm, the engine makes a krrrrr noise which is not there in low or high RPMs. It sounds more or less like a Jeep's diesel engine. Does anybody else have this problem? Or is it just me? Also, there is lot of noise as soon as the AC is ON?
Do you get this "krr" noise when you speed up? I mean when you are picking up speed, going past 1500 rpm? I get somewhat similar sound in my car when picking up speed rapidly - I mean in the 2nd or 3rd gears. My car has done 11500 kms (she's 5 months old as of today).

And, can you please elaborate the AC noise? Is it like the engine revving up, or too much of noise from the Blower? (Out of curiosity).
Old 21st May 2010, 23:08   #2020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Whats tjet in the punto? I'm lost here!
He's talking about the impending launch of the Linea T-Jet, which is basically a turbo-petrol engine.

I too think that the 1.2 Punto is fantastic value for money. The engine too, isn't as underpowered as it seems on paper.
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:44   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Sidindica isn't that RAMA Motors in the background ! Hmmm..TuscanWine here, I've got mixed emotions for this one. Especially keeping in mind the 8 months of HOT Delhi weather with blazing sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234
im joining the punto club getting a medium grey 1.3 emotion pack on monday.

right now all im doing is getting some art leather seat covers, and tints all around. and probably changing to yoko v550s.

Congrats Akshay!! I have a Medium Grey 1.3 too !

- B4W

PS: My Bad...it is RAMA Motors, the temp number says it all !

Last edited by better4worse : 22nd May 2010 at 00:46. Reason: added PS
Old 22nd May 2010, 01:30   #2022
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post

Congrats Akshay!! I have a Medium Grey 1.3 too !

- B4W

PS: My Bad...it is RAMA Motors, the temp number says it all !
thanks bro. how about some pics? lol i havent seen a medium grey punto. first choice would have been blue, but thats discontinued, then red but family didnt want that. if you have posted pictures please give me a link.

oh, and im still gonna use my v6 will use this car often on but.
Old 22nd May 2010, 01:56   #2023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
thanks bro. how about some pics? lol i havent seen a medium grey punto. first choice would have been blue, but thats discontinued, then red but family didnt want that. if you have posted pictures please give me a link.

oh, and im still gonna use my v6 will use this car often on but.
Akshay, there are so many Med.Grey Punto's in Mumbai, I see them everyday while on my way to my office. As for my GP, its parked in Delhi while I am here on a short assignment. I have some early shots of my Punto and of others taken by fellow bhp-ians. PM me your email ID and ill mail 'em to you.

-B4W
Old 22nd May 2010, 07:01   #2024
BHPian

Guys - last week (May 15th precisely) I had a call from FIAT asking for a verbose survey for a management report. This was not a rate us on scale of 1-10 type survey that you get after you take the car to the workshop. Instead a pretty elaborate survey to talk just about the end to end experience (Presales, sales, price point, engine, car dynamics, after sales - the whole nine yards) on how FIAT could improve.

I spent a good 20 minutes talking to the guy. I think it was a great action from FIAT. Hopefully, the criticism and suggestions reach the management and they improve.

Did anyone else get similar calls?
Old 22nd May 2010, 08:04   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
Guys - last week (May 15th precisely) I had a call from FIAT asking for a verbose survey for a management report. This was not a rate us on scale of 1-10 type survey that you get after you take the car to the workshop. Instead a pretty elaborate survey to talk just about the end to end experience (Presales, sales, price point, engine, car dynamics, after sales - the whole nine yards) on how FIAT could improve.

I spent a good 20 minutes talking to the guy. I think it was a great action from FIAT. Hopefully, the criticism and suggestions reach the management and they improve.

Especially in the recent years feedback/customer care initiatives from te part of the company has not been an issue. I would even say that if you really look at it they could be one of the best out there in india today. There are people at FIAT who genuinely want to help the customers.

The issue is at the dealership level. Owners of TATA cars and FIAT cars are an entirely different breed. And though FIAT has got separate teams in most places there seems to be a mix up of cultures when it comes to dealing with cars/customers. In majority of places the team does not have technical knowledge about FIAT cars. Unfortunately the customer spends time at the service centre. IF we had an option to spend time with FIAT management probably we would have been the happiest lot around.

Hope this is the right place to post this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks