Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 19:41   #2131
BHPian

Took delivery of My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion today from KHT Motors, whitefield . Will post the pics soon. Saw another Punto ( a Minimal Grey 1.4 Emotion Pack ) delivered today from the same showroom. Wonder if its anyone on TBHP.
Old 7th June 2010, 22:55   #2132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Took delivery of My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion today from KHT Motors, whitefield . Will post the pics soon. Saw another Punto ( a Minimal Grey 1.4 Emotion Pack ) delivered today from the same showroom. Wonder if its anyone on TBHP.
Congratulations. Can't wait for your input on the 1.2Emotion.
Old 8th June 2010, 09:51   #2133
BHPian

I love the looks, ride quality, handling and features of the Punto and Linea and would be very happy to own either the upcoming 90bhp VGT Punto or the T-Jet Linea, but I'm very scared of the flimsy fit/ parts falling off and rusting issues. Could anyone who has bought a 2010 Punto or Linea please clarify the following doubts I have?

1. Have the fit/ parts falling off and rusting issues been sorted out?
2. Now that we have experienced a very hot summer, how good is the AC? Do backseat passengers complain about the AC?
3. What are the niggles if any in the 2010 Punto/ Linea?

Honest feedback from 2010 Punto or Linea owners will be highly appreciated.

PS: I have no problem with the finish as for the features offered and the price at which the above cars are offered at, it seems tolerable.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:07   #2134
BHPian

Well regarding the AC I think I have mentioned it somewhere else. We have a Punto 1.3d from 2009. In dry places like Bangalore you can use the A/C on Fresh Air Mode and will find it adequate. In humid regions like Kerala the A/C needs to be in recirculate mode.
Old 9th June 2010, 07:54   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar View Post
I love the looks, ride quality, handling and features of the Punto and Linea and would be very happy to own either the upcoming 90bhp VGT Punto or the T-Jet Linea, but I'm very scared of the flimsy fit/ parts falling off and rusting issues. Could anyone who has bought a 2010 Punto or Linea please clarify the following doubts I have?

1. Have the fit/ parts falling off and rusting issues been sorted out?
2. Now that we have experienced a very hot summer, how good is the AC? Do backseat passengers complain about the AC?
3. What are the niggles if any in the 2010 Punto/ Linea?

Honest feedback from 2010 Punto or Linea owners will be highly appreciated.

PS: I have no problem with the finish as for the features offered and the price at which the above cars are offered at, it seems tolerable.
The A/C is very good. I have used the car (my girlfriends Punto, which I recommended her to buy) extensively before moving abroad and used it in the peak of summer (40-45C). It worked just fine.

Also, no parts have fallen off till date. The only issue was a muted thud while going over bumps fast, that was traced to the spare wheel clamp not being fastened properly.

No rusting issues. Also, while taking the car in for service (this March), I checked out the 2010 models. The interior plastics seemed to be of better quality, but the fit was still not great. Mind you, it's not that bad.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:24   #2136
BHPian

I haven't ridden my Punto much since i took delivery , but i can confirm a few things :
1. The A/c is quite decent even in my 1.2 model and the rear passengers didn't complain about it. Ofcourse, it hasn't been very hot lately in Bangalore.
2. The plastics are not very good, but the higher end models have comparitively better quality. Some parts ( the seat adjust lever, the door handles ) look like they might fall off if more force is used. But they are not that bad to use so far.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:38   #2137
BHPian

Amartya, thank you for the detailed reply, sir.

Newpunter, thank you for the response too, sir. I hope Fiat wakes up to the seat height adjust lever problem and bonnet release lever in their 90bhp VGT Punto/ T-Jet Linea at least. The bonnet release lever and the seat height adjust lever have been issues right from the early days and I wonder why Fiat is still sleeping on these two simple to solve, but troublesome to the owner issues.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:48   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Finally getting this gorgeous car into my parents garage (I wish it was mine !) Tough choice between the i20 and Punto, but the Punto came out on top. (Parents found i20 seating too low). In 2-3 weeks a FOX TROT AZURE Punto 1.4 E Pack will be home...!

Any 2010 model Punto owners having lever falling off/breaking issues ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 9th June 2010 at 10:59.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:54   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Newpunter, thank you for the response too, sir. I hope Fiat wakes up to the seat height adjust lever problem and bonnet release lever in their 90bhp VGT Punto/ T-Jet Linea at least. The bonnet release lever and the seat height adjust lever have been issues right from the early days and I wonder why Fiat is still sleeping on these two simple to solve, but troublesome to the owner issues.
I have 2010 Punto and the height adjust lever is better and feels good. Also the seat does not go down automatically which was the case with 2009 Punto/Linea. AC is chilling in front seats and good for back seat passengers. Also nothing has fallen off in my Punto in its 3000 km run.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:57   #2140
BHPian

Tarun / Thar
I am a 2009 Sept Punto owner and have driven it more than 10000 kms since then. I never had any issues with plastics falling off or breaking. Most of the Punto owners would agree with me as well as we have seen in the group. Based on the finishing of plastics that was present in 2009 Punto models, I guess people have created a general perception about plastics falling off.

You have chosen a great car and I am sure you would not regret it.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:08   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I have 2010 Punto and the height adjust lever is better and feels good. Also the seat does not go down automatically which was the case with 2009 Punto/Linea. AC is chilling in front seats and good for back seat passengers. Also nothing has fallen off in my Punto in its 3000 km run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Tarun / Thar
I am a 2009 Sept Punto owner and have driven it more than 10000 kms since then. I never had any issues with plastics falling off or breaking. Most of the Punto owners would agree with me as well as we have seen in the group. Based on the finishing of plastics that was present in 2009 Punto models, I guess people have created a general perception about plastics falling off.

You have chosen a great car and I am sure you would not regret it.
This sure is reassuring news. Can't wait to get the car..!
Old 9th June 2010, 12:49   #2142
BHPian

Quote:

Actually the bonnet release lever drops from its holder. You can just push it back. its not like the glove box lever falling off
BTW nothing has broken/fallen off from my punto (2009 august model)

Seat height adjustment lever is too long. on ingress/egress u will invariably touch the lever and the seat goes down. It is not automatically going down. Feels like automatic because you wont notice touching the lever.

Last edited by Soccerfan : 9th June 2010 at 12:50.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:49   #2143
BHPian

Hey guys,

Took the delivery of my Punto 1.2 Emotion (silver) today, only managed to run about 30 kms since it was already late. I've a doubt.

If I stall the engine while taking it from stationary, then the engine doesn't start. I mean, I cannot move the key further to start the engine. I've to switch off the ignition and then back on, to start the engine again.

Is this a feature or some problem with my car? I know there's crank prevention system in the car, but if the engine stalls even then it won't allow you to turn the key further without switching off the ignition once?
Old 9th June 2010, 22:56   #2144
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Congratulations!!! Arun, This is a feature to prevent accidental cranking when the engine is already running, you will have to switch off the ignition switch first before trying to crank the engine.

This feature has been available in Fiat cars since Uno.
Old 9th June 2010, 23:12   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ Congratulations!!! Arun, This is a feature to prevent accidental cranking when the engine is already running, you will have to switch off the ignition switch first before trying to crank the engine.

This feature has been available in Fiat cars since Uno.
Thanks Anshuman, just what I wanted to know.

So far loving the car. Have to read the manual now to try out the various features tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks