Old 23rd June 2010, 21:00   #2266
Senior - BHPian

I also got the same SMS, even though I am not a Punto owner...yet
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:30   #2267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I also got the same SMS, even though I am not a Punto owner...yet
Just to take care of last minute indecision.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:41   #2268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Just to take care of last minute indecision.
No indecision boss....the car is on the way to Kerala, says the dealer.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:53   #2269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
No indecision boss....the car is on the way to Kerala, says the dealer.

Haha, I actually remembered reading about your purchase decision. I guess congratulations are in order, but will wait till you start your thread .
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:01   #2270
Senior - BHPian

I also got the sms. Which survey it was? I never participated.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:35   #2271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I just got an SMS saying

"Fiat Linea and Punto are leaders in HT-MaRS Consumers Satisfaction survey. Please accept out gratitude for posting faith in Fiat & rating us No.1"

I was surprised, as I never attended this survey and seeing that Fiat cars lead the survey in customer satisfaction!
I did not get the SMS but i read the advertisement about the same, I was shocked to see these cars leading with the kind of service support they provide. My advise to anyone considering buying a new Punto: Buy only if you have all the time in the World and loads of patience to deal with Tata-Fiat service guys and below par QC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Thanks Sid for sharing the link for the first impression.

They cite turbo lag as a problem, so they're take is that the VGT has worse turbo lag than the FGT version? Again something that seems counter intuitive. They mention all the points we were already discussing, about how this is a lighter car with the same engine, but conveniently circumvented the discussion about it when mentioning the 0-100 times being atl east a second and a half more than the Linea according to them. Crap.
Anyone who has driven the Linea and Punto back to back properly knows the turbolag in Linea is more prominent than the Punto 75hp. Torque in 75hp FGT Punto version tails off after around 3100rpm but the Linea 90hp VGT keeps up all the way till redline.

The VGT does not help with turbolag here but does make for a peppy topend, if you have seen the torque figures its only a marginal improvement over the FGT version, only because of the VGT the engine keeps up the Torque up till redline hence 90BHP figure.

The slower acceleration times may be due to different gear ratios or state of tune done intentionally to keep the more expensive Linea superior.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:00   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I did not get the SMS but i read the advertisement about the same, I was shocked to see these cars leading with the kind of service support they provide. My advise to anyone considering buying a new Punto: Buy only if you have all the time in the World and loads of patience to deal with Tata-Fiat service guys and below par QC.

Anyone who has driven the Linea and Punto back to back properly knows the turbolag in Linea is more prominent than the Punto 75hp. Torque in 75hp FGT Punto version tails off after around 3100rpm but the Linea 90hp VGT keeps up all the way till redline.

The VGT does not help with turbolag here but does make for a peppy topend, if you have seen the torque figures its only a marginal improvement over the FGT version, only because of the VGT the engine keeps up the Torque up till redline hence 90BHP figure.

The slower acceleration times may be due to different gear ratios or state of tune done intentionally to keep the more expensive Linea superior.

You have a very valid point,Anshuman. The punto VGT is probably configured differently.

Try Rama Motors next time, they're not brilliant but they get the job done.

Ps- I got the sms too.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:14   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I think all the 'junta' who have had their first service done, have recieved the SMS, i.e. with the exception of .anshuman (for he bore the brunt of their worst service jobs ever ....good they didn't send you the SMS...guess they just didn't wanna rub it in mate! )

As Sukrit said in his post above....two words for you mate....'RAMA Motors' ! In a world where its all relative, you might just find them a bit better than the rest.

-B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 23rd June 2010 at 23:15.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:17   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I think all the 'junta' who have had their first service done, have recieved the SMS
Well, I've just taken the delivery of the car 15 days back and I got the SMS too.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:24   #2275
BHPian

Same here, I took delivery of my car around 2 weeks back and i got the SMS too .
Old 24th June 2010, 12:55   #2276
BHPian

one of my friends got his MJD EP delivered 2 days back .its exotica red. the Grills of EP are silver ones .He feels that a black grill on red looks hot than silver hence He enquired with the showroom to get it painted black . they demanded 7K .

Just wanted to know from anybody . if some one has done similar job of painting the grills black in their GP's

Also he is ready to to trade or exchange his grill with any active or dynamic puntos . if anybody is interested let me know
Old 24th June 2010, 13:40   #2277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
one of my friends got his MJD EP delivered 2 days back .its exotica red. the Grills of EP are silver ones .He feels that a black grill on red looks hot than silver hence He enquired with the showroom to get it painted black . they demanded 7K .

Just wanted to know from anybody . if some one has done similar job of painting the grills black in their GP's

Also he is ready to to trade or exchange his grill with any active or dynamic puntos . if anybody is interested let me know
You can get this done at the KHT motors for about 700 bucks. You would get a new bumper/grill for that cost. Do contact Mr. Vinod from KHT Motors
Old 24th June 2010, 17:27   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
You can get this done at the KHT motors for about 700 bucks. You would get a new bumper/grill for that cost. Do contact Mr. Vinod from KHT Motors
Whoa...dude, is that a standard thing for 700 bucks at TATA FIAT showroom, I have Medium Grey Active GP in Delhi and I want the grey'ed out front grill, can I go and aske them to replace it with a new one for 700 bucks ? or will they paint it ?

- B4W
Old 24th June 2010, 17:30   #2279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
Well, I've just taken the delivery of the car 15 days back and I got the SMS too.
Okay that confirms that all the angst ridden ones aren't getting the SMS. I too had a torrid TD experience at various TATA-FIAT showroom untill I reached RAMA Motors.

-B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 24th June 2010 at 17:31. Reason: MODS: had trouble multiquoting...kindly bear with this post please! !
Old 24th June 2010, 17:52   #2280
BHPian

I got a call a few days after i took delivery of my Punto, from the Dealer asking for my experience with them. I told them that overall i was happy but that they could improve in a few areas ( there was no one at the reception to ask what the customer wanted , a few times when we visited the dealer ). They sent me an apology letter and said that they will try to improve on this . I told them i didn't need an apology and was only giving them some free advice .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks