Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 21:39   #2386
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, Please accept the fact that Punto has a Huge turning circle. I know girls can drive the car, i have seen girls driving non PS Boleros. I don't blindly defend a car just because i own it.

I agree with akshay1234 when he says Innova has a tighter turning circle, my Elantra is easier to take a U turn in a crowded street as well. When taking a U-Turn in a extremely crowded place like Chandni chowk or Sadar Bazar, Gurgaon you will realise what i am talking about.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:09   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
My innova has a tighter turning circle, not kidding.
I would agree to that as well, in fact I was told that Honda city too is relatively better off when it comes to doing a single step clean U turn.

Like .Anshuman says Punto has a larger than 'what you would like' turning radius i.e. when compared to other hatchbacks... period ! Now whether women are going to like it, love it or eventually learn to live with it is very subjective and would vary from case to case...IMHO not worth speculating. The only thing I can say is if you are looking surprise your wife or GF with a Punto one fine day, I suggest you let her TD the car first before you invest in it.

- B4W

PS: Can the turning radius be improved ?

Last edited by better4worse : 7th July 2010 at 22:15.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:11   #2388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Guys, Please accept the fact that Punto has a Huge turning circle. I know girls can drive the car, i have seen girls driving non PS Boleros. I don't blindly defend a car just because i own it.

That is correct. The turning radius is indeed quite large, but all it takes is one test-drive with a U-turn that one is familiar with, to know whether this affects the prospective owners or not.

I'll share a relatively recent experience. My girlfriend, learnt to drive in a M800 quite recently, her first reaction to the Punto was that it was huge. She then assumed (quite correctly) that the Punto's turning radius was also going to be large. I was actually quite proud of her prowess in handling the car on day 1, taking slightly wider turns etc., of course, my opinion might not be very objective .
Old 7th July 2010, 22:27   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
That is correct. The turning radius is indeed quite large, but all it takes is one test-drive with a U-turn that one is familiar with, to know whether this affects the prospective owners or not.

I'll share a relatively recent experience. My girlfriend, learnt to drive in a M800 quite recently, her first reaction to the Punto was that it was huge. She then assumed (quite correctly) that the Punto's turning radius was also going to be large. I was actually quite proud of her prowess in handling the car on day 1, taking slightly wider turns etc., of course, my opinion might not be very objective .
huge turning radius is associated with all FIATs. palio , punto, linea all have this. Why dont FIAT's wheels turn that much like the swifts , i20 etc even if the dimensions are almost the same???
Old 7th July 2010, 22:32   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Guys, Please accept the fact that Punto has a Huge turning circle.

I agree with akshay1234 when he says Innova has a tighter turning circle, my Elantra is easier to take a U turn in a crowded street as well.
The much bigger Fiat Bravo in fact has a smaller TR: 5200mm Vs the 5400mm of GP.
Old 10th July 2010, 06:49   #2391
BHPian

Took Delivery of my Bossa Nova White 1.2 Emotion last evening!!! Driven 15kms, and loving it from Bumper to Bumper! Hell, I even dreamt about enjoying the drive in my sleep last night . To put things in perspective, I have upgraded from a 10 year old Zen (MPFi, old shape, non-PS), so everything no matter how small is great for me. The OR price is got was Rs.5,87,xxx.
More on the ownership thread, coming soon!
Here is a sneakpeak

At Delivery (please excuse the pic quality)
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-09072010533.jpg

After PDI..
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-09072010530.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-09072010529.jpg
Old 10th July 2010, 07:09   #2392
BHPian

hey zenster..congrats on ur punto purchase..waiting for your ownership thread
Old 10th July 2010, 08:12   #2393
BHPian

zenster, congrats on your purchase. It is heartening to see more and more Puntos are getting added to Bangalore roads. We sure feel happy whenever we see a fellow Punter on the road. Drive safe and enjoy your drive
Old 10th July 2010, 08:51   #2394
BHPian

Congrats on your new Punto. Seems like the OR price has increased by 30K in the one month since i bought mine .
Old 10th July 2010, 08:56   #2395
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Punto. Didn't you get the free insurance along road side assistance with the deal.
Old 10th July 2010, 09:19   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Punto. Didn't you get the free insurance along road side assistance with the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Congrats on your new Punto. Seems like the OR price has increased by 30K in the one month since i bought mine .

Hey Buddies, thanks a lot for your wishes. Sorry to create any confusion if i have with the pricing. I was just mentioning the OR price in bangalore for the 1.2 Emotion. My deal was [5.87 - (Insurance) - (Extended Warranty) - (RoadSide Assistance) - (Corp Discount)] = 5.6lacs (approx). Plus he has promised to give me a Car Body Cover (not in stock) since there was weeks delay in delivery from when he promised. Getting the number today. More details as promised on the Ownership thread in a few days!
Till then 'I'm Loving it' ..

P.S: Just back to another 20km dash (including NICE road). What driving Bliss, pot-holes seem non-existent and 80km/h doesn't feel 80 any more. The cars begs for my Right Foot to press harder. Hard to keep under 2500rpm, but managing for now

Last edited by Zenster : 10th July 2010 at 09:37.
Old 10th July 2010, 09:49   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Looks like concorde Dairy Circle dealership. Is it? Who was you salesguy?
And congratulations once again on a wonderful car.
Old 10th July 2010, 10:06   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Looks like concorde Dairy Circle dealership. Is it? Who was you salesguy?
And congratulations once again on a wonderful car.
Yup it is Concorde at Dairy Circle. Nikhil was the SalesGuy and Sandeep was the Sales manager I dealt with.

Thanks a lot for the wishes.
Old 10th July 2010, 11:34   #2399
Senior - BHPian

My parents took delivery of a 1.4 E+ FTA Punto about 2 weeks back. Told them to check out the i20 and Punto and make their choice. Found i20 seating too low. The POLO was out due to mysore not having a dealership and of course the waiting period. I feel it is overpriced as well...!
They are happy with the car so far. Even mum likes it and surprisingly got used to the steering very fast, considering we had a city ZX before this...
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto-002.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto-003.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto-007.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto-013.jpg  

Old 10th July 2010, 14:05   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My parents took delivery of a 1.4 E+ FTA Punto about 2 weeks back.
Congrats, Have you modified the interiors. My Punto has an all black-grey interior/seats. Mine is an Exotica red model though. Are the interiors different for different colors?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks