Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 10:33   #3886
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Well, I pass by EGL at around 8.30am and in the afternoon everyday.
Arkin, I have got the "Got BHP?" sticker to my office and have it in my desk. Since you pass by this route everyday, you can call me when you drive through in the afternoon and I will come outside to hand it over to you. I tried to PM you my mobile #. However, looks like your PM box is full and I am not able to send you the phone #. PM me your personal email id and I will send you my phone #.

My office is in the Maruthi Infotech center which is right next to Dell building in IRR. Morning times wont work as I reach office only by 9.30AM
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 15:31   #3887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I hope to complete 2000 over the weekend.

Yes, speakers will be upgraded during the 1st service, and the rear spoiler added. I've not yet discussed about it with Mr Satya though.
I'm not going in for an amp or comps (though I'm used to my i10's Boston Comps) as I don't want to mess with the warranty. Some good co/tri axials will go in.

Oh, and what have you decided!?!?!?!?!

EDIT: This is one hell of a car, mate! My dad drives it the way it should be - it takes off like a rocket and all the (old) swifts, i20s, Fiestas. Innovas et al are left behind biting the dust!
Wow man! You truly are a milecruncher.

As for me it is the Punto 90HP for sure, Swift with 10month long wait makes no sense really. Confused whether to go in for Tuscan Wine or White, will book the car tomorrow and seal the deal though.

Warranty is void if you cut any wires right ? Plus its only the electrical warranty which you'll lose, even i was thinking i'll change the setup after a month or so to really know how bad the stock speakers are and appreciate the new comps better As for electrical warranty i don't care.

PS:Are you sure the Swift/i20's/Innova's weren't in the mood for a race ? Swift felt much faster than the Punto so i ask
Old 20th October 2011, 16:00   #3888
Senior - BHPian

yes, swifts & i20s are indeed faster than puntos.

but all cars has its pros & cons. punto feels very relaxed at high speeds. compared to some hatchbacks, 120 kmph in punto feels like you are doing 80 kmph.
Old 20th October 2011, 16:52   #3889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Arkin, I have got the "Got BHP?" sticker to my office and have it in my desk. Since you pass by this route everyday, you can call me when you drive through in the afternoon and I will come outside to hand it over to you. I tried to PM you my mobile #. However, looks like your PM box is full and I am not able to send you the phone #. PM me your personal email id and I will send you my phone #.

My office is in the Maruthi Infotech center which is right next to Dell building in IRR. Morning times wont work as I reach office only by 9.30AM
You'll get my PM asap! Is 3-3.30 okay? Thanks a ton again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

PS:Are you sure the Swift/i20's/Innova's weren't in the mood for a race ? Swift felt much faster than the Punto so i ask
Yes. The swift *feels* faster than the Punto, but the Punto has its own potential that needs to be unleashed. Those people kept/keep cutting me off and not yielding to me. Then ended up getting overtaken by me, and not being able to catch up in spite of trying.... it might have to do with my dad's driving style . I've said it again and again. It all depends on how well you unleash the potential of the car.
In fact, the greater turbo lag sort of inspires confidence in Bangalore's traffic. You know precisely when the car will take off, and the rest of the time, the lag sees that the car does not take off at the wrong moment, in city traffic.

@Rajeev: Trust me. 0-100 / 60-100 the Punto 90 beats the hell out of the *present* i20 Crdi, thanks to the latter's 5 speed box and the same old (6 geared - box's) gear ratios. Tested ourselves.
In fact, the i20 Crdi remains at 30 km/h in the 5th gear. If only they hadn't chucked away the 6-speed box.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 20th October 2011 at 16:54.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:01   #3890
BHPian

Quote:
Wow man! You truly are a milecruncher.

As for me it is the Punto 90HP for sure, Swift with 10month long wait makes no sense really. Confused whether to go in for Tuscan Wine or White, will book the car tomorrow and seal the deal though.

Warranty is void if you cut any wires right ? Plus its only the electrical warranty which you'll lose, even i was thinking i'll change the setup after a month or so to really know how bad the stock speakers are and appreciate the new comps better As for electrical warranty i don't care.

Settled for the 90 Bhp and Booking the car tomorrow? Thats good. With whom and what have you bargained. Its strange that fiat hasnt offered festive discounts.

Selection of color has been a big confusion for me. It doesnt happen to me usually. Black I liked but ppl say its quite difficult to maintain. White I like but will get too common I feel( it looks good if you get some mods done though). Red is good bot not the in vogue color. Grey hides dust but isnt the best looking color. Tuscan Wine I like it too but it also is difficult to maintain.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:58   #3891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, swifts & i20s are indeed faster than puntos.
Agreed. May be Swifts are faster but i have my doubts about the i20, in my TD of the i20 with 6 speed transmission it didn't feel as quick as the Punto with 90HP did. Punto had only 3k on the odo whereas the i20 had 5.5k, fiat's feel better after 5-6k if i'm not wrong.

Quote:

Yes. The swift *feels* faster than the Punto
In fact, the greater turbo lag sort of inspires confidence in Bangalore's traffic. You know precisely when the car will take off, and the rest of the time, the lag sees that the car does not take off at the wrong moment, in city traffic.
Like i said the Swift only felt faster than the Punto, no idea if it actually is. In my TD i felt the turbo lag in the Punto was lesser than the Swift. Punto seemed eager to jump forward at 1600rpm, whereas mad turbo of the Swift kicked in at 2000 odd rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
Settled for the 90 Bhp and Booking the car tomorrow? Thats good. With whom and what have you bargained. Its strange that fiat hasnt offered festive discounts.
Dealer is Prerana motors on WOC road. Yet to bargain for the best deal though. White Punto may get lost in the thousands of Swift's to hit the market in future, black and tuscan wine are tough to maintain, but tuscan wine when kept well looks stunning!

EDIT: What did you decide ?

Last edited by shashank.nk : 20th October 2011 at 18:00.
Old 20th October 2011, 19:02   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Rajeev: Trust me. 0-100 / 60-100 the Punto 90 beats the hell out of the *present* i20 Crdi, thanks to the latter's 5 speed box and the same old (6 geared - box's) gear ratios. Tested ourselves.
In fact, the i20 Crdi remains at 30 km/h in the 5th gear. If only they hadn't chucked away the 6-speed box.
Quote:
Agreed. May be Swifts are faster but i have my doubts about the i20, in my TD of the i20 with 6 speed transmission it didn't feel as quick as the Punto with 90HP did. Punto had only 3k on the odo whereas the i20 had 5.5k, fiat's feel better after 5-6k if i'm not wrong.
Ok, so maybe things have changed now. I know for sure that i20s have poor low end response.
Old 20th October 2011, 21:29   #3893
BHPian

Quote:

Dealer is Prerana motors on WOC road. Yet to bargain for the best deal though. White Punto may get lost in the thousands of Swift's to hit the market in future, black and tuscan wine are tough to maintain, but tuscan wine when kept well looks stunning!

was it pradeep who gave the demo. He was a decent chap.

I havent decided yet on the colour and am checking out all Puntos and their conditions as and when i happen to spot them.

White also shows a lot of dirt if you dont maintain.

I feel red and grey are the ones which mask dust decently.

Check for any referral discounts applicable while bargaining.
Old 20th October 2011, 21:36   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
fiat's feel better after 5-6k if i'm not wrong.
I can definitely vouch for that. Engine starts to get smoother at around 6K and gets better each 1000 kms. You need to show it the highway revs. Just pottering around in the city won't do.

Quote:
In my TD i felt the turbo lag in the Punto was lesser than the Swift. Punto seemed eager to jump forward at 1600rpm, whereas mad turbo of the Swift kicked in at 2000 odd rpm.
If you drive the 90HP normally (i.e. if you don't like the engine growl past 2500 rpm), the turbo will engage in a sedate manner but if you push the car you can get the 2000 RPM turbo kick - I mean if you are driving such that you can extract the kick from the 90HP, then you will see that the car is a completely different animal - a rocket. The game for 90HP is in the high revs, where most people would complain about engine noise. When the engine gets refined, it's easy to do.
sourav21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 21:38   #3895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
was it pradeep who gave the demo. He was a decent chap.

I havent decided yet on the colour and am checking out all Puntos and their conditions as and when i happen to spot them.

White also shows a lot of dirt if you dont maintain.

I feel red and grey are the ones which mask dust decently.

Check for any referral discounts applicable while bargaining.
Yup he was the one. Good chap must say, gave me a long TD on request.

Red colour on any car somehow never appeals to me, i find it too flashy. Will mostly book the tuscan wine only, i love maintaining my cars/bikes so it should be ok. Plus once all cleaned up you can stare at the car for hours and admire it

Will definitely check for any referral discounts. Are you booking from the same dealer ? When are you planning to book your car ?
Old 20th October 2011, 22:00   #3896
BHPian

Quote:
Yup he was the one. Good chap must say, gave me a long TD on request.

Red colour on any car somehow never appeals to me, i find it too flashy. Will mostly book the tuscan wine only, i love maintaining my cars/bikes so it should be ok. Plus once all cleaned up you can stare at the car for hours and admire it

Will definitely check for any referral discounts. Are you booking from the same dealer ? When are you planning to book your car ?
I like Red though Concorde and Prerana Sarjapur are near to me.
Tuscan Wine looks quite good if you regularly take care of it.

ICE + Rear parking sensors are the only big accessories am planning as of now.
Old 21st October 2011, 08:27   #3897
BHPian

Quote:

I'd say go in for Exotic Red. We booked that at 1st, but mom changed the booking to white . (Check my garage all 4 cars are white!)

About Prerana, all I can say is, you are dealing with the right people. My booking & delivery experience was way better than my experience with Trident Hyundai.
In fact, a few Fiat Owners suggested that I buy from Prerana.
BTW, is muni also buying? Now I know of at least half a dozen (+) people who are buying the 90HP this month in Bangalore!
Old 21st October 2011, 08:32   #3898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rear parking sensors are the only big accessories am planning as of now.
The rear parking sensors disable the OE day/night feature of the RVW. Please beware of that!

I got conned by the dealer TAFE REACH in both our Puntos
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 09:46   #3899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I like Red though Concorde and Prerana Sarjapur are near to me.
Tuscan Wine looks quite good if you regularly take care of it.
Fox Trot Azure is another colour people tend to miss on the Punto. I love this subtlety of this shade.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 11:11   #3900
BHPian

Quote:
I'd say go in for Exotic Red. We booked that at 1st, but mom changed the booking to white . (Check my garage all 4 cars are white!)

About Prerana, all I can say is, you are dealing with the right people. My booking & delivery experience was way better than my experience with Trident Hyundai.
In fact, a few Fiat Owners suggested that I buy from Prerana.
BTW, is muni also buying? Now I know of at least half a dozen (+) people who are buying the 90HP this month in Bangalore!

If there are other people buying from bangalore, can you guys send me a PM with your contact numbers so that we can form a group and bargain better. I am hoping against hope that Fiat will give better dissounts for november month. The current discounts have been there for ages now.

Arkin evoisrevo has said he will put across a word of referral / influence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks